Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin (10804 Views)

Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki / Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System / World Sango Festival (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by lowaist101: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2019
WE SHOULD KNOW THAT RELIGION IS ONLY A PART OF CULTURE BUT NOT ALL ABOUT CULTURE. tAYLOR CALLED CULTURE A COMPLEX WHOLE. LET'S TEACH THE CHILDREN ABOUT OUR CULTURE. TRADITIONAL RELIGION IS DIFFERENT!
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Angelfrost(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2019
If Amadioha and Sango were real, and doing their jobs, we won't have corrupt governors and politicians still breathing across the South...

...And, I am not sure an elder that did away with his natural complexion for any reason, should be in a position to speak on sustaining ancient traditions and cultures.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by ajl: 7:45am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Seriously I didn't mean to attack the yorubas but this is why northerners don't trust an average Yoruba Muslim. How can you believe in oneness of Allah and still indulge in all these traditional and fetish festivals. It contradicts the teachings of Islam.

I can categorically say that this is the major reason why we do not like the Muslims from Yoruba land to lead prayer in the north. Though we have a good numbers of Yorubas who dnt mix up their religion with any other thing but they are very rare to find.

I still love Yorubas regardless of their religion cos they are accommodating and good loving people.

How about the stone in that structure in Mecca muslims all face and bow to. Who is fooling who? I guess you may not even know there is a stone there. You all remained colonized practicing another man's religion and then you all travelled to this place to spend millions of dollars. It's all business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by chinavs9ja(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2019
docjuli:

I am very fine.
Glory be to God
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Pearlyakin(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Seriously I didn't mean to attack the yorubas but this is why northerners don't trust an average Yoruba Muslim. How can you believe in oneness of Allah and still indulge in all these traditional and fetish festivals. It contradicts the teachings of Islam.

I can categorically say that this is the major reason why we do not like the Muslims from Yoruba land to lead prayer in the north. Though we have a good numbers of Yorubas who dnt mix up their religion with any other thing but they are very rare to find.

I still love Yorubas regardless of their religion cos they are accommodating and good loving people.
And so what, so we should forget our culture because of a desert god of the Arab, that's inferiority complex.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2019
lathrowinger:
Some people nor get Culture, No respect for Elders. Igbo
Who told you that igbos don't respect their elders, is to bow on the ground you call respect or what
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by CrimeKsmart: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2019
Pearlyakin:

And so what, so we should forget our culture because of a desert god of the Arab, that's inferiority complex.
you won't understand because you are not a Muslim. A true Muslim don't associate partner with Allah
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by hahn(m): 8:07am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Allah, Sango and Jehovah all belong in the

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by hahn(m): 8:07am On Aug 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Sango, twin brother of Amadioha

And Thor

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by daroz(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Fuc.k Islam and fuc.k you terrorist northerners, who una help?

No wonder no matter how you guys try, the Arabs continue to see you guys as slaves .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Sterope(f): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2019
This is why you need to use your critical thinking part of your brain

How many self professed Yoruba Muslims also engage in paganism? Do you think such a Muslim would consider himself better than other Muslims religious wise?

What makes you think Northerners don't engage in paganism too? You wouldn't know about that, would you? Well, they also do.

Paganism is part of our history from South to the North. Some people have chosen to practice three religions, others wouldn't mind sticking to just two. However it is not enough for you to castigate those who have chosen to stick to just one.

Alaafin is well known to practise Islam and paganism. He doesn't hide it. Athe same time, he wouldn't come to claim himself an Islamic scholar or an authority on Islamic matters.

CrimeKsmart:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by ivolt: 8:15am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

It is not your fault.
You have been brainwashed to think that anything of African origin is "fetish"
Your "holy" northerners from politicians to common man consults marabouts regularly
under the cover of the night and some even do it openly for wealth, protection or success.
I am speaking from experience and you know it but you choose to feign ignorance.

Apart from boko haram members and few fanatics, no northerner is free from fetishes. Even some go to the
grave of Dan Fodio to seek blessings.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Emilokoiyawon: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Islam is arabian culture...why should we neglect our culture so that we can embrace arabian culture? Our tradition keep us grounded. This is why you will never find Boko haram in the SW. Only the north with there rigid ideological nonsense can give birth to Boko haram.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Emilokoiyawon: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2019
Angelfrost:
If Amadioha and Sango were real, and doing their jobs, we won't have corrupt governors and politicians still breathing across the South...

...And, I am not sure an elder that did away with his natural complexion for any reason, should be in a position to speak on sustaining ancient traditions and cultures.

If the God of the bible and the God of the koran were real, and doing their jobs, we won't have corrupt governors and politicians still breathing across the South...

...And, I am not sure a fool that was just lucky to get a few MBs, should be in a position to speak on sustaining ancient traditions and cultures.

2 Likes

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Emilokoiyawon: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2019
hahn:

Allah and the God of the bible all belong in the dustbin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by sammhi(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

You have said if all
The alafin is very wrong ...if he is Muslim then he should.know he can no longer worship or give honor to Sango anymore. He has to choose one .
He should be educated and if he refuses , then be stripped of his muslimship. Let him be Sango advocate
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Emilokoiyawon: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2019
The only Gods I respect is Sango, Ogun and the other Yoruba deities. Allah and his Palestinian brother, Yahweh (or Jehovah or Jesus) I have no respect for because they are a big fvcking joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Abasstoheeb(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2019
The guy talks well
But All Nigeria is not to be trusted
Those who practice paganism won't say it out
Alaafin don't keep what he s doing
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Pearlyakin(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
you won't understand because you are not a Muslim. A true Muslim don't associate partner with Allah
Who is Allah, he's a diety that was worship by pagan Arab before Mohammed came to reform it, why do you think his father bear Abdullah when his father never practice Islam, go and read about pre Islamic era of the Arab it's on the Internet, so you believe a desert god only communicate in Arabic language isn't that inferiority complex worrying a typical African man..

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Mrhonesty: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Keep shut. Islam has more falsehood than the traditionalist. Islam started in a bid to counter Christianity. God didnt send it down as aclaimed. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by marvin906(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Which twin brother?
Amadioha that suffering has chased out of Igboland and is now selling earpiece in Computer village.

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by CrimeKsmart: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2019
Sterope:
This is why you need to use your critical thinking

How many self professed Yoruba Muslims also engage in paganism? Do you think such a Muslim would consider himself better than other Muslims religious wise?

What makes you think Northerners don't engage in paganism too? You wouldn't know about that, would you? Well, they also do.

Paganism is part of our history from South to the North. Some people have chosen to practice three religions, others wouldn't mind sticking to just two. However it is not enough for you to castigate those who have chosen to stick to just one.

Alaafin is well known to practise Islam and paganism. He doesn't hide it. Athe same time, he wouldn't come to claim himself an Islamic scholar or an authority on Islamic matters.

I think most of you are getting my point wrong and you all are seeing it as a form of attack against yorubas.

In Islam, you dnt associate partner with Allah. If you want to be a Muslim, be a Muslim. Don't be a Muslim and still practice what Allah has forbidden for us.

For sure we have northerners that believe in voodoo too but its very rare. I am just be truthful to my Yoruba brothers. How ever, all Muslims are all equal before Allah regardless of the tribe or race. In fact Islam condemns tribalism and racisms as no tribe or race is better than one another.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Angelfrost(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

If the God of the bible and the God of the koran were real, and doing their jobs, we won't have corrupt governors and politicians still breathing across the South...

...And, I am not sure a fool that was just lucky to get a few MBs, should be in a position to speak on sustaining ancient traditions and cultures.

Let me believe you are a strong proponent of culture and traditions... I respect that, and say kudos. Personally, I am disinclined towards both religion and traditions of men.

It's good that we both concede to the failure of both tradition and religion in the area of national leadership and development.

I will allow your last paragraph slide cos unlike you, I respect opinions of others on sensitive issues, and I'm too enlightened to descend to the childish low of trading insults.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by fredoooooo: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2019
Sango Ina loju Ina lenu oko oya ... cool Isese lagba cool
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Sterope(f): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
We know what Islam states about associating partners with him. It does mean you can change people who have chosen to do it or make generalisations about it. Those who choose to practice both amongst us are not shy about it.

Paganism is practiced in the North. They talk about it in their movies. There are those who call themselves Islamic scholars that go far and beyond Islamic tenets when dealing with their clients. Whether it is quite rare or not, I wouldn't know and you wouldn't know either.

CrimeKsmart:

I think most of you are getting my point wrong and you all are seeing it as a form of attack against yorubas.

In Islam, you dnt associate partner with Allah. If you want to be a Muslim, be a Muslim. Don't be a Muslim and still practice what Allah has forbidden for us.

For sure we have northerners that believe in voodoo too but its very rare. I am just be truthful to my Yoruba brothers. How ever, all Muslims are all equal before Allah regardless of the tribe or race. In fact Islam condemns tribalism and racisms as no tribe or race is better than one another.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Blazebond(m): 9:28am On Aug 26, 2019
grin grin grin na Jehovah power be highest o,make nobody deceive themselves,all these small Sango and co nor reach o,where dem sango dey when colonialist come colonise Africa,where dem dey when Europeans and Americans dey enslave us.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by jp79: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Check history very well and when you comprehend the Arab history, you would start to doubt Allah.
Allah had been before Muhammad,hajj had been before him, kissing of stone had been part of idol worshipping in acient Arab before him or he did was repackaging.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by mu2sa2: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2019
domino4211:
Thunder fire him..
Go and tell him I said so..
Go and say it to his face yourself and you go know say water pass garri.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by josephinne(f): 10:57am On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Talk is cheap!!! What do you think it takes to be an Alaafin?? He is more like the Spiritual Head of the Empire and more so, he has to invigorate and protect the culture!! While am not a traditionalist, take a categorical look at the Northern Muslims and tell me that they too do not practice their traditions while embedding it with the so-called "Islamic" garment!!...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brief History Of King Jaja Of Opobo / Why Cant Nigerian Beaches Be Like This? Like Caribbean Beaches / The Fall And Rise Of The Benin Empire: A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.