Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? (20180 Views)

Dine Out This Festive Season And Take The Food Pictures / #10yearschallenge Torley Nigeria Shares Old And New Photo / Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by analysta: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2019
This thread is for mature minds only; you must be 18+ to view this thread.

If you are not a wine or champagne lover, this thread may not be of interest to you.

If you love beer, you may find it interesting smiley In fact those of you who love “Hero” “O Mpa” can give this thread a thumbs up! If you are an “Andre” fanatic you may find it somewhat biased, but I get it, Andre has been a perfect alternative to those who cannot afford the high end champagne and wines, but this thread will change your mind, and if it doesn’t change your mind, stick to Andre, we all love Andre by the way:-)

Last year, I wrote a comparison between Moet, Vevue du Vennay, Andre and Torley wine but after a year I felt it would be right to update those who loved that thread with a more concise one.

The reason I am writing this thread is because the festive period is around the corner and we have to be economical with our spending.

However, a great way to cut spending is to find a perfect alternative. There is an alternative to almost every product today in the market, you just have to look a little deeper and make a few research before churning out money.

There has been a lot of similarity between Torley and MOET by industry experts which has led to a lot of comparison in design and quality and I think Torley champagnes can be a good money saver for a MOET lover but I think they both can be a good fit in one occasion. So this thread is not a select one, leave one and this not a TECNO vs Samsung thingy either :-) I know say some people like Tecno pass Samsung, that one dey!

Enough of the boring part, now here is why.

- History:

Both Torley and MOET have a century of history spanning hundreds of years! yes you read that right! hundreds. MOET is over 270 years old and Torley has 135 years of history behind it.

They were both founded by European founders who hand made their products from the beginning, talk about the Bugatti and Rolls-Royce of cars.

MOET:

Facts and Background:

For over a quarter of a millennium, the renowned French winemaker has been sharing the magic of champagne across the globe. Every glass overflows with the House’s hallmark values of history, generosity, savoir-faire, success, boldness and elegance—values still at the heart of its global appeal. Toward the end of the 18th century, Jean-Remy Moët, grandson of founder Claude Moët, became famous as the man who introduced champagne to the world. The important figures of the era, from the Marquise de Pompadour to Talleyrand to Napoleon quickly fell in love with the House’s effervescent wine. Moët & Chandon was soon the icon of success and elegance that it remains to this day.

Moet Nigeria was founded by Emma Bishop Okonkwo of Ekulo Group. Ekulo became the sole representative of Mcvities in Nigeria. During this time, Eva wine was introduced, and over the last 3 decades has become the generic name for fruity non – alcoholic wines in the country. Ekulo represented brands like Moet & Chandon, Remy Martin and Johnnie Walker – a Diageo product in Nigeria.

TORLEY:

Facts and Background:

The name Törley in Hungary is identical with champagne. As the best-known and most recognized champagne brand, the Törley name is tied to quality and the respect for traditions. For decades, Torley company has been one of the dominant players in the Hungarian beverage market and is a distributor of a number of international brands. Uniquely, Törley produces more than 60 different kinds of champagne and more than 50 kinds of wine in Hungary by using four types of technology – ranging from completely dry to sweet ones, from low priced ones to the more expensive ones – under the egis of tradition and quality, both for the domestic and international market.

Torley Nigeria was officially launched by software developer, and founder of Study in Europe app, Davies Chigozie Iyiegbu in Nigeria , the Torley Hungary being the parent company was founded by Joseph Törley who had its business registered at the Budapest Court of Registration on 1 August, 1882 under the name of “Törley József és Társa” /Joseph Törley and Co./. Thus, the history of Törley champagne goes back to nearly a century and a half.

Price comparison (No match!)

- MOET Product Details

Colors: White , Green ( Bottles )

Price: (Retail) 25000-35000/Bottle - Source Jumia

Customer Experience: Good Packaging, Great Taste Production

- Torley Product Details:

Colors: White, Green (Bottles)

Price: (Retail) NGN 2200 - 5000/ bottle - Source Jumia

Customer Experience: Good Packaging, Great Taste Production

I know you are probably going wow! its cheap. Of course, I told you, but your Nti Ike (stubbornness) will not allow you to agree, until you see the price yourself. Oya, now that you have seen the price nah; can you continue reading :-)

- Design:

I am sure you are wondering why I’ve picked this two brands. Well, wonder no further, because; the packaging and design of these two products are classy and executive. While I think that Torley edges MOET out a bit on the design, I will leave the final judgement to you. So you can feel like one of those project fame Judges J

- Choice:

I love them both, the choice will depend on the cash. If you have money to splash, MOET is a good choice, if you are looking to save or run on a Budget, Torley is a perfect alternative.

- Fit for purpose (Which should I use for my event?)

Ehen! Bachelors in the building, Spinsters and those turning a year older, there is life after your event, don’t spend 365 days saving in 24 hours.

My conclusion is that any occasion or event, you can use both Torley and MOET. In fact, in more precise terms; one carton of MOET, 2 cartons of Torley wine :-)

- How do you share it amongst your guest?

Split it across tables, have your VIP tables with a mixture of Torley and MOET. Your guests would still feel the quality, design, and prestige they would have felt, if it was an all MOET filled table. This will save you a lot of money since you will be getting a similar design and quality at a great price.

- How can you make money from these two brands?

You can become a mini distributor, have you ever thought about becoming a distributor of a major brand? Tired of working 6-9 job and want to be self employed? Then you may just have an opportunity to make that dream a reality. Becoming a distributor of a brand is big business. Think about distributors of big brands like Coca-Cola, Nigerian breweries, Pampers or Indomie and try to figure out how much each can generate monthly. However, to be eligible for distribution, you probably need to have quite a surety in your bank account.

I know lots of people loved the last thread, because of the writing style. Thank you to all those who liked and shared that post. Won’t hurt if you loved and shared this one as well.

Peace out my people :-) spend wisely. All of us the hustle.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by analysta: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2019
Pics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
One salient point to note is they both contain alcohol. Thus I introduce to you my very reliable alternative.

It's called Jedi Jedi
Cost: 5 litre gallon filled with herbs 2500.
Ogogoro 5 litres 1000.

25000 Moet in ogogoro form can high my whole village
Once it is exhausted refill with another ogogoro. One shot of enough to knock out a light drinker. 5 shots will finish a strong drinker. 10 shots will destroy an elephant.
Can be taken by anybody. Even the so called rich and classy. Just tell them it's good for the stomach, relieves back aches and wait for it........ Enhances sex duration and they will drink it happily.

Na manage we dey manage besides. All high na high. No wine,no matter the cost fit make you high like the most high.

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by NwaNimo1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
All about marketing.....like ciroc it's about what stars promote it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Follow your pocket

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by ebab(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Non of them ... thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by babyfaceafrica: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
bevede nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by loginia: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Emceesaka: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
My favorite drink any day. Life is good with MOET

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by DevilhimseIf: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
person wey never drink tea dey think of over tea

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
What festive season is this one talking about?
What is festive about the season? Alarm no reach your side?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by dayleke: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
When you said "matured minds", I thought na IM u wan talk about ni.... grin

#Team Moet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
They both go well with a plate of Barbecue Fish or Chicken.

You can never make a wrong choice!

@, we do it just right!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by drey076(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
none

Bigi will be better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Freemanbobble: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by loginia: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
It is no about loving wine, but being able to afford it.

Make 100% Profit in 25 mins Repeatedly With Binary Option Click Here to Learn More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by victorazy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Those women on whites are looking Moesteous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Abagworo(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
Moet looks better. If you have money go for Ace of Spade pink bottle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
If it's not MM then it's not worth my penny. Red Label too once a while buh my love for MM ehn, only death can separate us sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Gangster1ms: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
As a made igbo nigga I'm buying the two cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by popweezy(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2019
Mtcheew.. My people let's do our own too..

Like for coke, share for Fanta jare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Logobenz3: 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2019
grin
Just say you are looking for a way to break your Torley into the market.The last paragraph gave you out.
I am also into the champagne and whiskey distribution business and your Torley looks like njo-ahia to me.
Comparing Tor..whatever to Moet and chandon undecided
Really bro?
Please next time compare it to veuve du vernay,Andre,JP Chenet and co...
A fairer comparison would have been Bottega vs moet,not that shit you put up there.
Spits violently!!! angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Biingoo: 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2019
post=81624960:
They both go well with a plate of Barbecue Fish or Chicken.

You can never make a wrong choice!

@, we do it just right!
Your contact and address. I want to place an order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
Palmwine is better than all this branded ogogoro. tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by tillaman(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
My guy nwanneni, logobenz where are you??
Come and clear the air here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Righteousness89(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
All Unrighteousness is Sin
1John 5:17a.
1Corithians 6:9
Know ye not that the Unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom.

Looking into GOD'S Word( The Holy Bible), I intend to outline sin. So that we could know what we need to do away with. It seems Many Today do not even know what sin is.

We Live in very Dangerous Times and there is not Repentance in the Grave.

1Cor6:9-10
Fornication( Sex Outside marriage)
Idolaters( Worship or service to any other than GOD ALMIGHTY)
Adultery(sexual relationship with or by a married person )
Effeminate ( A Man trying to be like a woman or vice versa)
Homosexuality
Thieves
Covetousness ( Greed)
Drunkards
Revilers ( Abuser)
Extortioners( Obtaining things by force)

Revelation 21:8
Fear
Unbelief ( Not Believing in JESUS CHRIST)
Murder
Liars
Sorcery( witchcraft, wizardry,voodoo,enchantments, divination)
Whoremongers( prostitution or engaging prostitutes)
Galatians 5:19-21
Envy
Variance
Emulations
Wrath
Strife
Heresies
Seditions
Deuteronomy 22:5
A man dressing like a woman or Vice Versa
Jeremiah 4:30
Paintings, earings , etc

This Message is Specifically For Somebody. It's not for Argument sake... and Unnecessary arguments will be ignored..

Make Amends with JESUS CHRIST where you need to. There is No Repentance after death.

He That Hath Ears , Let Him/ Her Hear

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by helphelp: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2019
Inside life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Grupo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
dayleke:
When you said "matured minds", I thought na IM u wan talk about ni.... grin

#Team Moet

Ashawo boy spotted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by catchcold1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
Which festive period are you talking about?
We are facing insecurity and lawlessness you are disturbing Nigerians with drinks u will buy, wawuu!

Don’t get me wrong o, please and please feel free to enjoy your life but don’t come and disturb people with ur own decision making process on what kind of drink u should buy...post that on your gram page.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biingoo:
Your contact and address. I want to place an order
if I ask him directly he won't give me. I want to place order too
A very big order. He won't have to take another order after he has taken mine. So help me God

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? / What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.