Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo (535 Views)

Update On My Sister's Leg Injury 2 Years Later / Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo by stellapatu: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
When Amanda Scarpinati, of Athens, New York, suffered severe burns as a baby, she was being cared for by a kind, young nurse while staying in a hospital in Albany, N.Y. After 38 years, Amanda finally found that nurse and thanked her for her kindness in person.In 1977, after falling off a couch onto a hot steam humidifier, the then-3-month-old Scarpinati was taken to Albany Medical Center to be treated for third-degree burns on her head and hand. During her stay at the hospital, a compassionate nurse with long wavy hair tended to young Scarpinati, holding and comforting her.

A few of those moments were captured by photographer Carl Howard, and they were eventually published in the Medical Center’s 1977 annual report. A picture of the nurse cradling the young Scarpinati, whose head was wrapped in gauze, was even featured on the front cover of the annual report.

Scarpinati kept these heartwarming black-and-white photographs, and it was the photos that would lead her to seek out her former caregiver many years later.“It gives me chills every time I look at it,” Scarpinati told CBC/Radio-Canada’s show As it Happens.

Having to deal with scars and undergoing reconstructive surgeries for years, Scarpinati, now an adult, shared that those black-and-white photos had consoled her during this rather gloomy period in her childhood.

“As a child, things were very difficult for me. The children weren’t always the nicest … I would be called a witch because of my scars from the burns,” she shared. “I would look at that picture and I would always think, ‘Here is someone who cared for me with love and compassion.’ It didn’t matter what kind of scars or burns I had. It was just genuine. It was comforting.”

More details ; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/nurse-cared-for-burned-baby-in-1977-years-later-she-tracks-her-down-via-facebook

Re: Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
sad
Re: Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo by neonly: 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
Dis kind thing no fit happen for naija
Re: Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo by Tallesty1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
neonly:
Dis kind thing no fit happen for naija
Only few nurses can care like this, the rest are employed witches in uniform looking for a patient's dicks to fvck during night duties.
Re: Nurse Cared For Burned Baby In 1977. Years Later, She Tracks Her Down Via Facebo by neonly: 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
Tallesty1:
Only few nurses can care like this, the rest are employed witches in uniform looking for a patient's dicks to fvck during night duties.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Urgent Help / Get Rid Of A Tooth Infection Without Antibiotics / Do Bananas Cause Or Relieve Constipation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.