Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader (22625 Views)

Erekaa Naomi Dooshima: Missing Benue University Student Found Dead / 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl / Cultists Kill Final Year Benue University Student & Anti-Cultism Campaigner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Naijaalive(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
On monday morning, Benue state University students shut down the campus and barricaded the entrance gates in protest over Comr. Tyonor Smith, President of the National Union of Benue State Student (NUBESS) who was shot in the head by gunmen suspected to be cultists on Sunday night in Makurdi.

The student leader was shot at the gate of the Benue State University College of Health Sciences at about 7.34pm while on his way out of the school. He was rushed to the hospital and is responding to treatment.

Confirming the report, the spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, DSP Catherine Anene, explained that investigation revealed that Smith was involved in campus politics, adding that the students ’ union election was around the corner and that his opponent(s ) might be responsible for the act.

The protesting students called on state security agencies and the Government leadership to curtail and mediate into the security challenges ravaging the entire Benue State with the current situation of proliferation of guns.

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/benue-state-university-shut-down-entire-campus-in-protest-over-shooting-of-student.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by WalkerMichael(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
Naijaalive:
Students of Benue State University shut down entire campus in protest over shooting of student leader by suspected cultist

Happening currently?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Naijaalive(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Naijaalive(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Naa waa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Citytrend: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's high time our government do something about all this shooting in our campuses. They should not leave it in the hands of the VCs

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by aylive02(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
Unrests everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
Shot in the head and he survived?

Wow!
What do we say to the god of death?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by sparog(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
I read all the placards

School Hospital must be Well equipped..... Yes I agree
School Hospital must be made secure...... Yes I totally agree

But Abeg my people wetin be this way this lady below dey protest for? When them start to call us lazy youth and first to comment youths by bull hairy and the professor wey book Don turn him hair to cotton bud, we go dey vex. Na people like this cause am...maybe na the guy chikala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by punisha: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2019

Why was he shooted and who did the shooting...
Ipob detectives will be arriving soon from Japan to unravel this mystery...it appears they are more responsive than our FG.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by StrikeBack(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
Threated Abroad??

Please find your way to Gbobi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by mysticwarrior(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
Shot in the head and he survived?

Wow!
What do we say to the god of death?
it might not be within close range.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by AdonaiAluminium: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Soon after the protests, the incident would be forgotten and life goes on as if nothing happened.

Let seasoned roofing proffessionals handle your roofing and roof maintenance jobs. Don't patronise quacks.
Call on us today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by mixta140: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Oga ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by AbobbyMe(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by windhunter(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
Dirty politics begins from school. The same people who have the mindset to eliminate their political opponents in school will become president and governors someday. 9ja politics is not for the faint of heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by GentleMoney: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by stormborn28(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
Shibaraba:
I read all the placards

But Abeg my people wetin be this?
the thing tire me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by sylve11: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
why them shot am for head? wetin happen? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by stormborn28(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
punisha:

Why was he shooted and who did the shooting...
Ipob detectives will be arriving soon from Japan to unravel this mystery...it appears they are more responsive than our FG.
shooted ke!!! Osanoboah ooooooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by canalily(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's high time we all carried guns in this adamant country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by AhlexOfficial(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
See the placard a medical student is carrying... Must he be treated abroad, are there no longer well-equipped hospitals in Nigeria , this placard is a disgrace to our educational sector. Does it mean the doctors we have in Nigeria are useless??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by wizkidblogger(f): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Shibaraba:
I read all the placards

But Abeg my people wetin be this way this lady below dey protest for? When them start to call us lazy youth and first to comment youths by bull hairy and the professor wey book Don turn him hair to cotton bud, we go dey vex. Na people like this cause am...maybe na the guy chikala

haha. Yes, if the ogas at the top can travel abroad for treatment, why not? He is also a "president" nau grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by Junkie1: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
undecided THIS IS WHAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION ... BET WHY?? WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by BamiTii(f): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
God help us, bad news everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader by davillian(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
One lucky dude.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vice Chancellor Of FUTA Arrested For Deliberately Crushing NASU Staff / Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov / UNILAG Releases 2016 Screening Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.