Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:44 AM

NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All (36904 Views)

NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now / CBN's NIBSS Launches Payment Solution, NQR To The Financial Sector / 276,852 Pos Transactions Failed On Christmas Eve —NIBSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by MizMyColi(f): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2019
I don't know what you people are talking about NIBSS.

That sweet sensation of receiving instant alert is priceless!

Not all advanced countries do it. At least, not the one I'm in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by Akpan107(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2019
Ekakamba:
Nothing as good as a good summary. grin tongue
You're right, I won't have even read it, my attention was only drown to the "NIBSS". A company is owing me some dividend payments for over a month now.

Each time I contact them for my pay, they will say it has been uploaded on the NIBSS awaiting my bank approval.

Thank God I know the meaning of the word today.

Very annoying campany.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by Josh64(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2019
wagazala:
It is not all doom and gloom. This pessimistic view is not good for the industry. The OP failed to report the many successful daily transactions.

We are not there yet but surely on the way. Lets encourage ourselves please.

Tell that to my dog that hasn't eaten since yesterday cos my last 12k withdrawal failed and I got debited. I have drank garri twice but my dog doesn't have that option now does he? Don't let me vex o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by xcelentattitude(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2019
Good to know..
So if someone makes a bank transaction and it goes through he is supposed to return all the glory to God and say thank you Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for all the successful bank transaction i have made this year and the unsuccessful ones that you helped me resolve.

Only those whose money have hanged in the air for weeks will understand this. Imagine that a person gives you an ATM card to withdraw money for him/her and you (out of your good heart) agreed. To cut the story short, the person gets debited and you can't present the money because the ATM card refused to pay and the reversal didn't come for months but later came. What would you say? Thank you Jesus I guess.

Even if the person was your blood brother and he trusts you. At some point in time the trust is bound to waiver because that money was meant to take care of a need and trust the bank people.... They'll keep speaking their English telling you yo bring all sorts of documents - birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. So once again.,..thank you Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by wagazala: 10:08am On Aug 27, 2019
Josh64:

Tell that to my dog that hasn't eaten since yesterday cos my last 12k withdrawal failed and I got debited. I have drank garri twice but my dog doesn't have that option now does he? Don't let me vex o.

Bros no vex o, i no know say all the transactions wey you dey do dey fail. Biko hold the bank responsible.

I was just stating the obvious. I have had failed transactions and they are not up to 2% of the successful ones ive had. 98% na pass mark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by wagazala: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2019
xcelentattitude:
Good to know..
So if someone makes a bank transaction and it goes through he is supposed to return all the glory to God and say thank you Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for all the successful bank transaction i have made this year and the unsuccessful ones that you helped me resolve.

Only those whose money have hanged in the air for weeks will understand this. Imagine that a person gives you an ATM card to withdraw money for him/her and you (out of your good heart) agreed. To cut the story short, the person gets debited and you can't present the money because the ATM card refused to pay and the reversal didn't come for months but later came. What would you say? Thank you Jesus I guess.

Even if the person was your blood brother and he trusts you. At some point in time the trust is bound to waiver because that money was meant to take care of a need and trust the bank people.... They'll keep speaking their English telling you yo bring all sorts of documents - birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. So once again.,..thank you Jesus.

The Bible says, thank Jesus in all things.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by JAZES(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
You guys won't appreciate the beauty of instant interbank transfer we enjoy
in naija till you travel outside the shores of the country.

Even the almighty USA cant boast of such technology so they resulted to
3rd party app like zelle and cashapp.

Regardless of little hitches here and there, the banking industry in naija has done
pretty well in this regard
Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by Papertrail11(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
SocialJustice:
Nice piece. At a point, I thought banks were intentionally making transactions fail to enable them pool funds for overnight deals, but isn't interswitch and Remita operating in the same business?

True the way IT bank infrastructure works except if a server fails all transactions should go through

Look at dec when banks delibrately deline tx and even offload cash on some atms

1 Like

Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by BizBayo: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
ourkobo:

Facebook Libra?

Uhmmm... No. The Libra would just be there like bitcoin.
Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by eemelike(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hope you have facts to back this up?
Joee2932:
Mr Premier the new MD in NIBSS sack 31 staff. One commit suicide. He wants to bring in his own people into the system.
Re: NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All by Harnny(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2019
scaramucci:

Anything inter-bank touches NIBSS.

No bro...ATMs are all on interswitch postilion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga: It Is Nice Having Rich Parent, But It's His Money, Not Mine" / Recession: 12 Ways To Earn Foreign Currency Legitimately In Nigeria / Nkem Chukwumobi: Apams Wife Celebrates Billionaire Funeral Undertaker At 53

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.