Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Not Every Online Business Is Scam - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Not Every Online Business Is Scam (699 Views)

PROTECT YOURSELF! 90% Of Online Business In Nigeria Is Scam / Make Money for every online work you do with PROOFS / WAKANDA . NG IS SCAM. THEY DON'T PAY. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not Every Online Business Is Scam by oldsol(m): 4:36am On Aug 27, 2019
Don’t go finish 2019 thinking that every business opportunity online is a scam or every stranger on Facebook can never do you any good. Don’t just say “I’m not interested”

I know a lot of people who became millionaires in 2019 by selling one thing or another online. On the other hand, I’ve met people who outrightly turned down juicy opportunities out of lack of faith or mental laziness to probe into the authenticity of the opportunity I was trying to sell to them.

I wouldn’t blame them though, in my experience I can tell that there are so many scam schemes online and everyone is on guard not to lose money. Especially Cryptocurrency scams.

Let me help you out based on my experience online; how to avoid being scammed and how to differentiate real opportunities from sham ones.

Follow my flow

1. Scammers are not thorough.

They quickly want to get as much as they can get from you and move onto the next victim. So they send shabby details about their spurious business and it usually has a lot of holes you can question to blow the cover of the business.

2. Scammers are not professional marketers.

They lack finesse and usually make errors out of haze to quickly dupe and get rid of their victims. They do not have a wholistic knowledge about the industry they are trying to scam you in. Ask them an industry related question based on the new scheme they are trying to sell to you and they will fall like a pack of cards.

3. Don’t be greedy.

A scammer will leverage to your greed. The offer is usually too good to be true but if you are also greedy in nature, then you are prone to fall easily. The belief that one does not need to work hard for money is usually a weakness that comes into play here. Don’t be greedy.

4. Probe well into the business.

Ask your savvy friends what they think about this new business opportunity that is about to be sold to you. Tell them everything before you commit to the business and don’t hold any information back.

There is a feeling to want to surprise all your friends when it works out but this is not a good feeling. There is also a quest to not want your friends to discourage you in this great opportunity that seems too good, this is also a bad thought or feeling. Speak with a lot of people and objectively analyze their opinion without bias.

5. They don’t work as a large team. They work in cells for a big cartel but scammers don’t come as a group to scam one person. It’s not cost effective for them. They would rather deal one to many victims. One scammer, many victims and not many scammers to one victim. Get it?

6. They are complete strangers.

You check to see if you have any common friends with them on social media and you won’t find any. You are lucky if you find someone you know that is linked to the stranger offering you a new business opportunity. Finding a common friend with a complete stranger will make your investigation about a new business opportunity more effective and lot easier.

7. Usually too good to be true.

The offer and profit they put forward are usually too good to be true. They may cloak the profit to be something less in value to justify why it is too good to be true. Example, invest $200 to get $2,000 Bitcoin or invest #10,000 to get #20,000 in few hours. Don’t fall for it.

8. They suck at follow up which to you may seem as if they are not desperate so you start feeling you may miss the business. This is a psychological trick, don’t fall for it.

9. Don’t be lazy.

Genuine businesses are usually too hard to be true, they are slow and they take time to grow and usually involves a lot of adverts and involvement of many clients or prospects or customers to make sales and drive profit. If you are the lazy type, you will be easily seduced from the reality of hard genuine businesses to the net of of real scams and thereby lose money or other tangible assets.

10. No promo.

Like I said earlier, (2) they are not professional marketers. They miss out vital aspects of marketing such as promos and do not offer any tangible gift to facilitate their marketing drive. They are not sure you will eventually fall for the scam so why invest in you?

11. Merciless.

This i can tell you. They are merciless. Even if you beg them it’s your last money on earth, they will tell you not to worry and that you are in safe hands. They simply do not send to put this in the Nigerian context or parlance.

12. Be vigilant.

Store this write up somewhere as your guide when you need to think straight. If by applying all the rules above and you still got scammed, kindly let me know so I can add your experience as number 13.

13. Don’t be number 13 �

If you're looking for genuine online businesses to invest in, trust me am your guy. I have few online businesses you can invest in that will be generating steady income for you, if you're ready to leverage and duplicate.

I remain Bankole Oluyemi
An Independent Business consultant (IBC)
+2348157176150 (WhatsApp Enabled)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money With Your Facebook, Twitter And Whatsapp Accounts / Company Seal, Self Ink, Stamp, Flash Stamp, Waex Seal & Leather Seal / In Need Of Connection To Get In Contact With A Movie House Or Producer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.