Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,643 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? (31131 Views)

My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year / Any House Agent In Abeokuta / House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Emotionss: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
captainking:

I went through the same trying to get a house in port Harcourt.. Woji to be precise.. I Visited more than 20 houses.. Damn.. But I was lucky to get one that is so big and at a good price after 2 months of searching.. Paying agents tp...call cards.. E no easy o.

Getting a good house in woji is almost impossican't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by xcelentattitude(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
I'm not an expert ... But after viewing and analyzing the post from beginning to end, I can say that I can't say anything aside from 'it's good for you' because as i said at the beginning, I'm not an expert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by eleojo23: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
Duggedised12:
The only thing i will say is "never pay for what you have not inspected, dont ever fall for the "we can't find the keys " or the landlord has not given me the key or just any excuse that will make you not to have access to inside the apartment ,peeping through the window is never enoughangry

Peeping through the window? shocked

Who does that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by slimderek(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
anayolity:

Hehehehehe oga these agents no care oooh cheesy ..their own nah agent and agreement dem wan chop grin grin.... last week my guy wey dey find self contain go check where one agent carry am go.... the guy said as the reach the place the room long like ibadan road con narrow like heavens way ...meanwhile toilet and bathroom dey outside the room .... kitchen dey close to the entrance gate... baba just call me dey hala for me like say i be agent cheesy cheesy grin..the guy dey swear for the agent till today.... to find house for Lagos nah something else.
I hear say dem dey work based on your budget.
Them go show you the kin one wey your money go fit rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by habaja: 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
I had gone with an agent to secure a self contained room at ijeshatedo, ilasamanja .

The former tenant had packed out in a hurry . Reasons were visibly obvious.

They had just recently buried the landlord in the parlour!!!!!

Immediately, I cancel all contact with the Agent and told them my mind.

Thankfully I had not paid for the form.

The wickedness of Men.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Tolzeal(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
Trying to get a place since I was posted to Lagos for NYSC last year. Budget 300-400k for Clean Miniflat. Told the agent , I really want a clean house. I don't care about distance since I really don't go out.

Dude said okay, He's got properties that would meet my demand.

Me: Ok then , Let go for inspection.
Agent : Before we go, you need to pay Agent fee 3k. Which I did. At first I was interested in getting a place at magodo. Dude took me to some shitty uncompleted building - house is clean though , He told me; don't worry , The landlord need money to complete it after that you can move in . I was so mad after making the payment Moving around still not getting what I want.

I literally paid over 4 agents before I got the place I am.now.

Few Statistics you should know when you plan to get a new house in Lagos;

1. Prepare your mind for atleast a month to really get what you need.

2. There is higher possibilities you would pay more than 1 agent.

3. DON'T let them force you to what you don't like. Please don't. All they want is their stupid commission.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by quickberry(m): 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
Damminglola:

I don’t mind.

Beware of .........

Just an advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by pyro62(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
anayolity:
Everyone who lives in Lagos knows getting an accommodation is one Herculean task especially with the whole agent and agreement stuff, it can be very frustrating!!

Well, that aside, few weeks ago I was looking for a mini flat so I contacted an agent , To my surprise this guy took me to an apartment that the toilet and kitchen had no windows just an opening in the ceiling and he kept shouting "it's good for you, its good for you!!!"

Has anyone been in similar situation?..please share your experiences.

Hahahaha .. Which kind agent of darkness be that na..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by annyberry: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
I could remember wen looking for one,even wen d agent took me dere,him wey b d agent rejected d house himself,he told me it was a fellow agent dat told him of d place.........

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by almarthins(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Officialgarri:

I guess the agent "don see you finish" cheesy

No be small see finish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Longcucumber(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
I live in my own house in the village so me and agent no get anything in common.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by shitshappen(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
habaja:
I had gone with an agent to secure a self contained room at ijeshatedo, ilasamanja .

The former tenant had packed out in a hurry . Reasons were visibly obvious.

They had just recently buried the landlord in the parlour!!!!!

Immediately, I cancel all contact with the Agent and told them my mind.

Thankfully I had not paid for the form.

The wickedness of Men.

Huh?�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by habaja: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
shitshappen:

Huh?�

shocking!!!
I was really pissed off.....

Very useless agent.

14 years and counting... I have a Land to build.

Living in a three bedroom flat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by patosky3310(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
mistacoco2:
Me : I need a house close to my office

Agent: Oga no problem e get one at the back of your office self, very clean and spacious.

Me : hope water and light is in the area

Agent : Oga just come and see you will like me

Agent start his bike and I entered with him to see the house, as we got to particular neigbour hood where zink and plank were use to build majority of the houses I said to my self "i think we still av distance to go before getting the said neigbour hood the agent is talking about" to my greatest surprise the agent stop his bike and said Oga we don reach, I looked at him and I remain mute.

Me: oya come show me the house

Agent: follow me, let me show you the house

The compund was something else, general toliet and bathroom.
The agent opened the door, the handle fell off I nod my head and smile.. as we enter the room I couldn't breath I don't know if the formal tenant that left the house was a mad person, the whole wall paint was pilled, every where was smelling, no net in the window.
The agent immediately started blaming the landlord that he didn't tell him the house is like this.
I just look my self and shake my head I said to myself maybe my dressing made this man to bring me to this shithole called house.
The next thing the agent said Oga u know say you will give me transport fare for taking you to this house. The eye I take look am eehh

Before reading to the end of your story(where you said you joined him in his okada, I planned to ask you if he didn't request for transport fare before the journey). Then, lo and behold, what I wanted to ask you happened. That was how my elder brother looking for accommodation was often told by his agent that he should always drop 1k on any of their journey. The agent in this case don't use okada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by olajide8(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
anayolity:
Everyone who lives in Lagos knows getting an accommodation is one Herculean task especially with the whole agent and agreement stuff, it can be very frustrating!!

Well, that aside, few weeks ago I was looking for a mini flat so I contacted an agent , To my surprise this guy took me to an apartment that the toilet and kitchen had no windows just an opening in the ceiling and he kept shouting "it's good for you, its good for you!!!"

Has anyone been in similar situation?..please share your experiences.

This is years ago sha-
A place in new oko oba, where they have a goat pen at the backyard, while the one room window directly faces the goats - make person leave aircondition yard, face dumpster or dump yard wey Dem dey claim na house -

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Blabbermouth: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
judecares1:
@op u have not seen anything,dey took me to apartment were d occupants are still residing
mad ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by joceey(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hmmmm an house agent took me to a house that has cementary at the back of the house and Ogboni fraternity shrine by the side shocked ......na so i run comot for the house tell the man say him go meet me for house cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by duduade: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
daddytime:
Cemetery...

I no fit type the tori abeg...

Please do o

Loool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by anayolity: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
ITbomb:
The kitchen opened into the parlour and shared the same window (the only window) with the parlour.
The bedroom had no window and leads into the parlour

He kept saying that the last person lived there for 5 years with no issue

Bro i have seen many with toilet in the palour

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by bonnyhope: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
24kmagic:
Let me park here.

Meanwhile, how much does a single room or self contain cost in Elekor area of Lagos

if na elekor around ibeju lekki then hold ur 150k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by XaintJoel20: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
daddytime:
Cemetery...
I no fit type the tori abeg...
Bros abeg try type am. I wan laugh small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by 24kmagic: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
bonnyhope:

if na elekor around ibeju lekki then hold ur 150k

For single room abi self contain?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by olametrix(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin lol I laugh in Zulu laugh (lagos na wa ooo)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by henryobinna(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
I was once taken to a big house that seemed like a ghost town, with extremely bad road... outskirt of where he told me the house is located...

I started picturing how I'll be seeing ghosts if I should ever rent that place

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by XwhY(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Uncompleted building

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by ivoryhouse(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Damminglola:
I’m looking for a two bedroom apartment around oshodi/isolo/bariga/oworonshoki or its environs. Budget is 350k-400k.
There's an apartment available. I sent you a message. Ps: I'm not an agent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by tck2000(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

A normal thing in port Harcourt.

Any old house you rent in port Harcourt that is owned by an indigenous person there's a 70% chances that someone was buried in one of the rooms.
I cannot be living in a compound with grave in it talkless of inside the house itself..God Forbid!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by fermshec: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Social Media Management is an essential need for every website and Business Owner. I was really upset and discouraged when I was getting good content for my website but lack of readers. I found an agent https://www.fiverr.com/olueli/be-your-social-media-manager-and-strategist who provides me with real breathing targeted Social Media Manager for my business. Now I can write with passion and joy because I know I have audience who will be reading. I have been using his professional services for sometimes now and he is the best so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by XaintJoel20: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
samzy:
A house where there is shrine at the backyard

I guess this was in Benin City.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Sachiopropty(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
www.sachiong.com

#Realestate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Kenmatt(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
cheenway:
My dear, if I start to talk, we will not finish. What my eyes have seen in the past two months, my mouth cannot tell it all.
I just collected keys to an apartment this morning.
Only God can give someone this kind of apartment we just paid for.
Agents are something else. Very few are sent from heaven
You're not wrong Dearest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by ivoryhouse(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
There are actually websites that advertise apartments for rent..just google. Also check instant apartments,some of them are really affordable.
You guys just made my day..i haven't laughed this hard in a long while grin cool

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LRU Arrives Collapsed School With Echo Devices To Scan For Persons Alive / The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) / Two-storey Accident And Emergency Building In FMC Umuahia Collapses (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.