Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,089 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. (3529 Views)

“I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Less than 3 years after my wedding to the only woman I love, the most beautiful, kind hearted, respectful and generally the most amazing woman I've ever known, I had a one night stand that I will regret for the rest of my entire life.

I was at a friends party, drunk 'not trying to justify my stupid infidelity " I had sex with a girl I've known for a while even before I got married and never have in my life had any kind of sexual feelings towards, a girl I had introduced to my friend because I had no interest in her nor cheating on my then girlfriend.

The worst part of the one night stand is, a baby came out of it. I disappointed myself, my family, friends and most importantly my wife. She forgave me, we have been working it out. We have a beautiful family, amazing friendship, the kind everyone far and near us wish for and envy.

To cut the long story short, I am in pain, my conscience is killing me, I am losing weight, I am hurting, I am finding it hard to forgive myself to the point that I am thinking about separation. I am lost, I don't know what to do at this point. I've seen the best therapist and shrink's in San Francisco and nothing gets better. My family love her to death,she is 100% a good wife and mother.

Bash me, call me names, say anything I deserve it but please if you were in my shoes what would you do. I am scared she might one day leave me. I really need all the advices I can get.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Zikora1000(f): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
You really have a good wife. She has forgiven you. Oya , it's time to forgive yourself. Invite Christ into your life, be a true born again , he will fill your heart with great joy that even you will come to know the true meaning of 'old things have pass away'. You can even talk to an evangelist and free yourself of this guilt. Separation is not the answer, you are going int depression and might end up losing your life.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Officialgarri: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
I for say. No be naija u dey na im dey make you carry dis kind problem for head. cheesy

The issue here, I don't think, is guilt. I think you are scared of what your wife will do and then how to father another child out of wedlock.

My advice is , dedicate a single day in every month to apologize to your wife..
Because if women just keep quiet for person matter ehn..... Na danger o.

5 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Davash222(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
Don't be sissy please!! Man up and take care of your responsibilities.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
Zikora1000:
You really have a good wife. She has forgiven you. Oya , it's time to forgive yourself. Invite Christ into your life, be a true born again , he will fill your heart with great joy that even you will come to know the true meaning of 'old things have pass away'. You can even talk to an evangelist and free yourself of this guilt. Separation is not the answer, you are going int depression and might end up losing your life.

Thank you
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
Davash222:
Don't be sissy please!! Man up and take care of your responsibilities.

What responsibility?
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Donald3d(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
Wow
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
Imessedup:
Less than 3 years after my wedding to the only woman I love, the most beautiful, kind hearted, respectful and generally the most amazing woman I've ever known, I had a one night stand that I will regret for the rest of my entire life.

I was at a friends party, drunk 'not trying to justify my stupid infidelity " I had sex with a girl I've known for a while even before I got married and never have in my life had any kind of sexual feelings towards, a girl I had introduced to my friend because I had no interest in her nor cheating on my then girlfriend.

The worst part of the one night stand is, a baby came out of it. I disappointed myself, my family, friends and most importantly my wife. She forgave me, we have been working it out. We have a beautiful family, amazing friendship, the kind everyone far and near us wish for and envy.

To cut the long story short, I am in pain, my conscience is killing me, I am losing weight, I am hurting, I am finding it hard to forgive myself to the point that I am thinking about separation. I am lost, I don't know what to do at this point. I've seen the best therapist and shrink's in San Francisco and nothing gets better. My family love her to death,she is 100% a good wife and mother.

Bash me, call me names, say anything I deserve it but please if you were in my shoes what would you do. I am scared she might one day leave me. I really need all the advices I can get.
Hmmmm
This One na MAN tooooo....
Naaa waaaaooooo
When MEN are out there chewing KOLA NUTS left, right and centre...

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by helinues: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Bro, to err is human . The deed had been done already, summoned thr courage and explain to your wife.

The sad part of it, its 50/50 results

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by faithfull18(f): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Since she was kind enough to forgive you and didn't take the option of leaving you.

I think you should forgive yourself and let her know there would be no repeat performance of it anymore for the rest of your lives and also mean it while at it.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by hopeforcharles(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
Imessedup:

You will be doing ur self and your wife and family a deservice or more hurt if you separate, forgive yourself and the girlfriend and pickup your life and move on. Don't let it affect your family. Because sincerely family is all we got.

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by sisisioge: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
What gan gan do you want?

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by desvi: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
so because you can't forgive yourself you want to leave your wife? you think the way forward is to hurt her more by breaking up the family?

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
How are u sure the child is yours?

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by khatea: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
As ur moniker implies, u messed up big time but thank God you already informed ur wife who's forgiven u. On d oda hand, are u sure the child is a product of ur one night stand except for if u r not telling us d truth? Why not confirm d child's paternity first? If d child is urs den u can wholeheartedly beg ur wife for forgivenes promising never to mess up again, get out of d thoughts of ur offence and move on with life. Go and sin no more!
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Roland17(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Imessedup:

I was at a friends party, drunk 'not trying to justify my stupid infidelity " I had sex with a girl I've known for a while even before I got married and never have in my life had any kind of sexual feelings towards, a girl I had introduced to my friend because I had no interest in her nor cheating on my then-girlfriend.

This sort of grief is suffered by those who hold themselves in very high moral and value standards, consequently, you are in shock that you drifted too far from your values and the result is living with you daily. Now, the moral may be specific or general. In your case, it seems to be faithfulness/ loyalty to your wife. This sort of standard may not be associated with your religious beliefs because those have forgiveness or cultural values but personal values that took you years to build and they are like your pride. While there is the trauma associated with the guilt of the pain you caused your wife, you have failed to realize that your wife has forgiven you and has moved on because you are primarily focused on the fact that you have failed yourself.

Sometimes this sort of grief can be self-destructive and selfish and this is buttressed by the fact that you have even considered separation from your family. There are stages of relieving guilt and it does sound like you have skipped some of them and now you are struggling with moving past that incident. Genuine forgiveness of any sorts starts with yourself, it is the highest form of self-judgment, accountability, and realization and this is because getting forgiveness from the person hurt does not necessarily absolve you from your own conscience (for those who still have one oh), it only assures a temporal peace of mind. I think you spent the early stages of this incident fighting to secure your wife's forgiveness which is very important to gain and now that you have gotten it, you realize there is a gaping hole that harbors a demon that you should have closed first.

I am very surprised that the therapists you are seeing have not divulged this critical piece to you. The journey to self reconciliation can only be completed by you alone and not your wife/ family because she has done the most important part which is to forgive you wholeheartedly. If you rely on your family to push you through this face, you would only end up condemning yourself, even more, and burden your family with the responsibility of helping you through this dark phase. You need to start the cycle again and this time with a clearer perspective and good knowledge of the past. Let me also say that reassurances from your wife without self reconciliation will only fuel the self-guilt even more and you may end up drifting again ( I know! it sounds crazy but it is the truth).

What you are feeling right now is the denial stage which should have been the first stage of the journey to self-forgiveness. While you accept the action, you are almost questioning the fact that you did it and there is nothing wrong in this stage. After this stage, retrace the history of how much effort you put in your yourself (your biological family, your growing up, your challenges and how they made you the man you are today) and your family and let the anger consume you without doing anything stupid. Allow yourself to cry, allow yourself to weep, allow your self to feel the pain of the hurt. This will help you accept yourself in your weakest moment. You see, accepting ourselves in our weakest moments especially when we fail helps us build the courage to prevent future occurrences. Please remember that you are seeking self reconciliation so you can fully enjoy the forgiveness from your wife. Next, you take responsibility for your action. Be accountable to how you failed and hurt the person you love the most and now there is a child involved. This would help you avoid transferring the anger from the 2nd stage to the unborn child who is innocent. Begin to love yourself again. Begin to rebuild with whatever ruins you have left. Don't allow this to define who you are today and that is by loving yourself again. Take pride in how far you have come. Finally, set boundaries. You can set boundaries about drinking away from home or when your wife is not present and if possible, you can stop drinking entirely as a token for the pain it caused.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by GHoJes: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
You are losing confidence in your self, you see you as not good enough for her. You may end up telling her and ask for the separation your self or your sinking your self may cause you to exhibit unpleasant attitudes or even sink into depression or lead to the wrong crowd or taking a wrong decision so that your fears would consequently befall you.

I hope your wife is supportive because you need to tell her as many times you are struggling with your shameful act so that she can continually reassure you of her forgiveness. It seems your love language is word of assurance, you need to be repeatedly reassured of her forgiveness till you get it that the slate is cleaned of your sin.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by pocohantas(f): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
That you actually think she forgave you is nice. Shows she has a forgiving spirit...

Or maybe she is marking time.

Anyway, I wish I have that.

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by GOFRONT(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
Chaiiii.... Chaiiii.....

Kulu kulu brother, Kulu kulu papa, Kulu kulu Uncle......Kulu kulu temper!!!......J Martins.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
sassysure:
How are u sure the child is yours?

I've done DNA test. 99.99

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Roland17:

This sort of grief is suffered by those who hold themselves in very high moral and value standards, consequently, you are in shock that you drifted too far from your values and the result is living with you daily. Now, the moral may be specific or general. In your case, it seems to be faithfulness/ loyalty to your wife. This sort of standard may not be associated with your religious beliefs because those have forgiveness or cultural values but personal values that took you years to build and they are like your pride. While there is the trauma associated with the guilt of the pain you caused your wife, you have failed to realize that your wife has forgiven you and has moved on because you are primarily focused on the fact that you have failed yourself.

Sometimes this sort of grief can be self-destructive and selfish and this is buttressed by the fact that you have even considered separation from your family. There are stages of relieving guilt and it does sound like you have skipped some of them and now you are struggling with moving past that incident. Genuine forgiveness of any sorts starts with yourself, it is the highest form of self-judgment, accountability, and realization and this is because getting forgiveness from the person hurt does not necessarily absolve you from your own conscience (for those who still have one oh), it only assures a temporal peace of mind. I think you spent the early stages of this incident fighting to secure your wife's forgiveness which is very important to gain and now that you have gotten it, you realize there is a gaping hole that harbors a demon that you should have closed first.

I am very surprised that the therapists you are seeing have not divulged this critical piece to you. The journey to self reconciliation can only be completed by you alone and not your wife/ family because she has done the most important part which is to forgive you wholeheartedly. If you rely on your family to push you through this face, you would only end up condemning yourself, even more, and burden your family with the responsibility of helping you through this dark phase. You need to start the cycle again and this time with a clearer perspective and good knowledge of the past. Let me also say that reassurances from your wife without self reconciliation will only fuel the self-guilt even more and you may end up drifting again ( I know! it sounds crazy but it is the truth).

What you are feeling right now is the denial stage which should have been the first stage of the journey to self-forgiveness. While you accept the action, you are almost questioning the fact that you did it and there is nothing wrong in this stage. After this stage, retrace the history of how much effort you put in your yourself (your biological family, your growing up, your challenges and how they made you the man you are today) and your family and let the anger consume you without doing anything stupid. Allow yourself to cry, allow yourself to weep, allow your self to feel the pain of the hurt. This will help you accept yourself in your weakest moment. You see, accepting ourselves in our weakest moments especially when we fail helps us build the courage to prevent future occurrences. Please remember that you are seeking self reconciliation so you can fully enjoy the forgiveness from your wife. Next, you take responsibility for your action. Be accountable to how you failed and hurt the person you love the most and now there is a child involved. This would help you avoid transferring the anger from the 2nd stage to the unborn child who is innocent. Begin to love yourself again. Begin to rebuild with whatever ruins you have left. Don't allow this to define who you are today and that is by loving yourself again. Take pride in how far you have come. Finally, set boundaries. You can set boundaries about drinking away from home or when your wife is not present and if possible, you can stop drinking entirely as a token for the pain it caused.

Wow! I appreciate it man, thanks.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Imessedup: 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
GHoJes:
You are losing confidence in your self, you see you as not good enough for her. You may end up telling her and ask for the separation your self or your sinking your self may cause you to exhibit unpleasant attitudes or even sink into depression or lead to the wrong crowd or taking a wrong decision so that your fears would consequently befall you.

I hope your wife is supportive because you need to tell her as many times you are struggling with your shameful act so that she can continually reassure you of her forgiveness. It seems your love language is word of assurance, you need to be repeatedly reassured of her forgiveness till you get it that the slate is cleaned of your sin.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by oyoolima: 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2019

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by baby124: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hmmm... I think you need to bare your mind to your wife and express to her how you are feeling. I think you sense that there is a rift in your relationship with your wife and things may never go back to what they were. This is why you are depressed. Your ultimate fear which is a possible reality is that she might leave you.

Not only did you cheat, no matter how drunk you are... you cheated unprotected putting your wife at risk. Then you even ejaculated inside this so-called friend. In all this you claim you were drunk out of your senses abi? A full grown adult still indulging in childish adventures. I don’t truly believe this attitude/act is alien to you. I believe you were only caught because of the fruit of this indiscretion, the child.

I also don’t believe you are happily married. A happily married man will not get “drunk”, point to the nearest lady who he knows likes him and have unprotected sex with her. Now that you are caught and everyone sees you for who you truly are, your reaction is to runaway from the marriage. Maybe marriage is not for you? Maybe you are more concerned about hurting a good person even further than the marriage?

I think you need to consider if you are the marrying type and be honest with yourself. A truly drunk person will not have the strength to be looking for obo up and down. You would be passed out! What a cheap story and cheap excuse. You can’t fool everyone. Stop lying to yourself and be honest for once, then you will rise out of your depression.

Let me even ask. When did you inform her about the cheating? When did you inform her about the child

8 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by zeb04(f): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
If this cheating didn’t result to a public announcement (a child) he wouldn’t apologize and he wouldn’t have stopped either.

Maybe your wife has forgiven you, maybe she is buying time but things will never be the same.

When she starts to chat with guys and make friends(healthy or unhealthy), you won’t have the guts to caution her.

You are not sorry, the embarrassment and the fact that you will always have an illegitimate child is killing you.

Deal with it.

Btw, when you confess to a woman and you don’t get any reaction from her, be very scared.

9 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
Relax, your wife has forgiven you. You need to forgive yourself. Don't use your hand to spoil everything you've both worked for.

Mistakes happen, I blame that lady for not taking something to prevent conception know you were drunk and married. Nawa
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by generationz(f): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
Roland17:

Wow. Are you a psychologist?

This was aptly written.

You are right when you say the op is just suffering from the consequences of his self-righteousness.

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
My concern now is the child that came out. I hope you don't begin to despise the child because you feel too guilty.That child will always remind you of your mistake, and if you remain too hard on yourself, you may see both child and mother as a blip on your 'loving wife and perfect family. If your wife has genuinely forgiven you, then forgive yourself and start a new phase of your marriage rather than torturing yourself.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by Luvlyna(f): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Your wife has forgiven you, I don't know why you don't want to forgive yourself.
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by gift2xl: 12:14am On Aug 28, 2019
COME!!! C NOTHING DO U MOVE ON, U DID WELL BY HELPING SCRATCH A LADY PUNA THAT NEEDED SCRATCHING. U NO RAPE AM O.
WHICH KIND OF KOROKORO CONSCIENCE BE THAT. HI5
Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by vicadex07(m): 1:26am On Aug 28, 2019
Imessedup:

Chicken hearted pussiiy arssse niggas everywhere. King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines and he had peace of mind. This one do mistake impregnate one side chick he wan commit suicide. I bet your wife is the man in your relationship and vice-versa. Ode oshi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On The Woman I Love, My Wife. by czarina(f): 2:03am On Aug 28, 2019
vicadex07:

Chicken hearted pussiiy arssse niggas everywhere. King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines and he had peace of mind. This one do mistake impregnate one side chick he wan commit suicide. I bet your wife is the man in your relationship and vice-versa. Ode oshi!
I just couldn't help but laugh at this comment. cheesy cheesy

You think everyone is like you and your kind ba?

Op, ignore this clown. More replies are coming.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hiw To Save Your Husband From The Next Chidinma / Marraige And Wifey; Eating Your Cake And Having It. Your Advice? / What Is The Best Way To Tell them about deodorants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.