Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest (1234 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / I Love My Cousin, But Can I Move On With Her? / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Nsarug80: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2019
My fiancee & I were living peacefully in a one bedroom flat until my cousin who was estranged from his wife called to inform me that his landlady was about to evict him on account of his inability to renew his rent. It was my prerogative to bring him in without recourse to anyone but courtesy demanded that I informed my fiancee first. Of course my fiancee had no issue with that. To cut the long story short, my cousin moved into our apartment with the most despicable attitude ever.
Each time I returned home it was one complaint after the other. I practically became a judge overnight without a degree in Law. The drama all started when my cousin who at the time was jobless, started selecting foods. My fiancee for instance may serve everybody rice in the morning & my cousin would bluntly reject it & opt for Eba instead, forcing her to alter the menu. This was going on for over a month without my knowledge because of the nature of my job.
It got so bad that my fiancee ran out of patience & started complaining about my cousin's intolerable attitude & total disdain for her even when he obviously had no reason to do so. My fiancee & I continued to overlook his excesses until we inadvertently became slaves in the interest of peace.
The situation became worse when he insisted that my fiancee should serve him Eba late in the night & she maintained that he must eat what others ate. From that very moment he stopped answering her greetings. Meanwhile the person in question wasn't contributing a dime to run the family, though that wasn't an issue. Finally, he got a marine job. Upon his return from river, he rented an apartment within the neighborhood without letting us know. He thereafter asked someone to come & pack the remaining of his belongings. I advise you don't bring an adult to stay with you if you are married or cohabiting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by larryking540: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2019
we are just too nice in Africa in general, we sabi day accomodate people, just the other day I watch a tv reality show called "judge juddy"and a similar case like diswas brought to her, and she been a lawyer fined someone like ur cousin about 5000$ ,,,,after accommodating u, u didn't pay a dime,and u still get the power to day select watin u wan eat,

as I grow old ,i dont blame people who choose not to help, that ur cousin was just been ungrateful, that's d plain language I will use,

because he got a marine job, so u guys are now disposable to him see life,
loyalty they say is rare

11 Likes

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Kendumazy(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2019
His mannerless attitude is probably the reason why his wife left. Just let go of him. Your wife should stop greeting him and ignore him whenever they see.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by SageMK: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
WTF? — It's all your fault.
You should have set strict boundaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
That cousin is a man who reeks of entitlement... who has an overbloated sense of masculinity.

Regardless of the fact that he was squatting, he still expected your fianceé tethering to his every need. What a stupid man!

This pretty much must have been one of the reasons his wife deserted him.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Houseofglam7(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
....at least now we know why his wife left.
Putting up with a MF like that without ending up in the slammer takes special skills undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
As the man of the house, the onus was on you to put your cousin in check as soon as you saw his demanding behavior and mistreatment of your fiancee in your home. Be thankful he has left, but next time you've a guest in your home, nip rubbish behavior in the bud right away by speaking up.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by mylove4God(f): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
That your cousin is ungrateful.. He will one day need your help again. I hail your fiancee, she tried oo. I don't think I will be that tolerant with him if I were to be her.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by elektra(f): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
SageMK:
WTF? — It's all your fault.
You should have set strict boundaries.

I somewhat agree.
He did not mention anywhere that he cautioned his cousin. Instead of addressing his cousin's excesses when it caught his attention, he allowed the matter to deteriorate until the fiance had to stand her ground. Now, this cousin will most likely go around telling everyone that said fiance "does not like husband's people".

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Nsarug80: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
You are right my brother.

I somewhat agree.
He did not mention anywhere that he cautioned his cousin. Instead to addressing his cousin's excesses when it caught his attention, he allowed the matter to deteriorate until the fiance had to stand her ground. Now, this cousin will most likely go around telling everyone that said fiance "does not like husband's people".
[/quote]
Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
larryking540:
we are just too nice in Africa in general, we sabi day accomodate people, just the other day I watch a tv reality show called "judge juddy"and a similar case like diswas brought to her, and she been a lawyer fined someone like ur cousin about 5000$ ,,,,after accommodating u, u didn't pay a dime,and u still get the power to day select watin u wan eat,

as I grow old ,i dont blame people who choose not to help, that ur cousin was just been ungrateful, that's d plain language I will use,

because he got a marine job, so u guys are now disposable to him see life,
loyalty they say is rare

Exactly what I tell myself, I don't entirely blame people that don't help;
u find out that such people are always very critical of others, "they don't help bla bla, they abandon their family"
But then my statement is not based on the OP's story, not saying its not true but not to judge ur cousin without listening to his side of the story...
But then someone accommodated is not expected to be so picky
Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Florblu(f): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pay your cousin a visit in his new apartment with your fiance and cut all ties with him after then. If he didn't welcome you into his new apartment, go home peacefully and enjoy your life with your fiance.

Apparently he is an ingrate, but just let it slide.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by jesmond3945: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
Why would your wife care about greetings, she would have ignored him and act like he doesnt exist. This is not being nice, this is beign stupid.
Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by Mstick: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2019
I am 100% sure you blamed his wife....you see, what most women tolerate and endure in the hands of many Nigerian men you guys cannot take it.. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by larryking540: 6:36am On Aug 29, 2019
Macsjebs:

Exactly what I tell myself, I don't entirely blame people that don't help;
u find out that such people are always very critical of others, "they don't help bla bla, they abandon their family"
But then my statement is not based on the OP's story, not saying its not true but not to judge ur cousin without listening to his side of the story...
But then someone accommodated is not expected to be so picky
it's only one guy who still shows concerns after my dad accomodate him for 3 years in our home, most times he takes care of the feeding for breakfast or dinner, till date he till calls to say hello to us, way back we were still in jss, but now every one is done with his university program, till date he still calls,and even ask us to let himkw if we would like to join any of the military program, name them, cus he got links and connection in all d paramilitary, na we con day do shakara, lol,

bro loyalty is rare, even Jesus experienced it, after healing the 10 blind men abi lepers how many came back, just 1, out of 10,

when u see some people suffer because no body wants to give a helping hand to them, just create time and check most of their attitude, u will them see some people aren't having helpers around because of their character, then imagine when they become successful, even people way helm them, they go rubbish them,
Re: My Fiancee & I Accommodated My Cousin But He Later Became A Pest by faithfull18(f): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2019
Lol, nothing new.

(1) (Reply)

A List Of Things You Should Never Borrow Money To Do / Iphone 7 Plus For Sale / Please Advice On How To Handle A Wife With Ego And Full Of Abusive Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.