Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? (26633 Views)

Foreign (canadian) Used 2003 Toyota Camry For Sale. / Foreign (canadian) Used 2009 Mercedes Benz B200 For Sale. / 2006 Matrix Canadian Used. 1.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by radautoworks: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
kingreign:
Salt corrosion more prominent in Canadian cars.

Yup. Issued this warning a few times some time back. Not sure why it's coming up again though. Thought it was common knowledge but I guess not.

As long as it's disclosed, shouldn't be an issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread/45#76524651
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by foolbuster: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Inception:

Personally i would accept a car that has a knocked engine to a rusted one.

Na so

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Amono: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
Since no one is asking the right questions, let me ask.
What has the op done wrong? Assuming I am a first time buyer and I come across this thread have I been educated or not? I can also see a balance in his posts where he explains how to inspect and how to spot a rusted car, also read in his post that not all cars from Canada are rusted, so where is the beef coming from?

Rust is bad, I have owned a rusted Mercedes Benz in the past and I can tell you there was no solution and I had to sell it for scrap in feringada . We should all look beyond hate and ask the technical questions instead of hating.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by timifakay(m): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
This is because they are prone to rust and accompanying issues and only a few people are willing to take the risk worldwide, therefore export market is very low, leading to laws of demand and supply..
My mum's car which she's been using since 2013 December came from Canada and the little rust patch didn't increase... But the day I changed absorbers ehn...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by HRtechnique: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Let me be very objective:

I am not concerned about the intent of this thread because I dont know. However, both the US + Canadian cars are not rust free. It largely depends on location.

Even in Canada, it depends on where you live, where you ply and what measures the car owner have put in place to protect rust.

The end of the story is that; "Before you buy any car whatsoever, please PROPERLY inspect"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by jaszplus12(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Surprised yet not surprising. I think this thread is coming a bit late to be a thread that's "for education"! It's taking 3 months to come, why?

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by radautoworks: 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
HRtechnique:
Let me be very objective:

I am not concerned about the intent of this thread because I dont know. However, the US and Canadian cars are not rust free. It largely depends on location.

Even in Canada, it depends on where you live, where you ply and what measures the car owner have put in place to protect rust.

The end of the story is that; "Before you buy any car whatsoever, please PROPERLY inspect"

Song I've been singing from day one

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by legalwealth(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
Funny enough, my first car (clean title though) which is USA assembled but used in Ontario, Canada for several years before it was shipped to Nigeria has no rust either underneath it not to talk of any other place till date.

I've been using it for more than three(3) years; as someone just said up there, it depends on the location the car was used in Canada and the likes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
I have a lot of personal experience with Canadian cars, but unfortunately I will be unable to share them so I do not sound biased.
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by radautoworks: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
Gazuzz:

The topic is important because with this pic displayed NO ONE asked the question why is this car rusted.

I disagree. With another vehicle I rightfully questioned the mileage and you were one of the first to berate me for it so your statement isn't consistent. In the same vein no one should have questioned the rust.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
radautoworks:

I disagree. With another vehicle I rightfully questioned the mileage and you were one of the first to berate me for it so your statement isn't consistent. In the same vein no one should have questioned the rust.

excellent observation, but rust is obvious and mileage needs a vin check. The mileage might still be correct.
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Marpol: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pls be civil in your posts!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Inception(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
foolbuster:

Na so

You will not understand...
Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by dokyOloye: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice thread,and educative too.
But the timing of the thread eee ......

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Daviestunech(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
Gazuzz:
kindly share your experience if you have ever owned a car imported from canada
The 2004 Toyota Camry my sister sent to my dad from Canada.... most part of the body are rust. Wen the mechanic wanted to change the shock absorber he was just complaining that it's was difficult for him to loose most part of the car due to rust,he even called welder to cut off some nut due to rust.

Though the engine is v6 ND ND very much ok ND neat but the body is just cry
The body paint still fair though some part of the boot area is fading away ND beneath the door area is damn rust..the panel beater will soon work on it...so I think dat the main reason..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
foolbuster:

Is the car advertised for sale? A car that has already been bought and paid for. Are you the owner?
Ok the rust on that particular car inspired you so much that you had to create a thread titled Why canadian cars are cheaper than american used cars. Did you really have to mention canada in the thread title? If the intentions of this thread was truly pure you would have simply created a thread on car rusts generally since car rusts are not particular to canadian cars american cars also have rust problems.

Besides the only points you have made since the creation of the thread is rust. Is that the only reason canadian cars are cheaper?

enlighten us, this is cartalk

1 Like

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by thebigkendo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
I personally don't agree with Canadian toks cars been cheaper.. As for the rust issue it's not only a Canadian thing..
Some car models are prone to rust.. If you like use them for Sahara desert, them go still rust grin grin

And to the other Oga.. Their is no relationship between clean title & rust

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? by Gazuzz(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
Daviestunech:

The 2004 Toyota Camry my sister sent to my dad from Canada.... most part of the body are rust. Wen the mechanic wanted to change the shock absorber he was just complaining that it's was difficult for him to loose most part of the car due to rust,he even called welder to cut off some nut due to rust.

Though the engine is v6 ND ND very much ok ND neat but the body is just cry
The body paint still fair though some part of the boot area is fading away ND beneath the door area is damn rust..the panel beater will soon work on it...so I think dat the main reason..

another first hand experience , note this was from family and not paid for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Leaked Pictures - 2013 Range Rover / 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Gets a Facelift / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.