Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,737 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Garanntor: cPanel Announces Account Based Pricing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Garanntor: cPanel Announces Account Based Pricing (681 Views)

Please Avoid Garanntor.ng At All Cost / What Is Wrong With Garanntor Web Host? / Who Else Uses Garanntor.ng? Experiencing Downtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Garanntor: cPanel Announces Account Based Pricing by mrgaranntor: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
On June 27, 2019, cPanel announced a massive price increase and a complete change to their billing model, the most-used control panel for web hosts around the world, including Garanntor.
In the past cPanel always used a simple pricing structure with a flat rate for a license and a flat rate for a Dedicated Server license. This flat rate was applicable regardless of the number of accounts hosted on a server.
This has now all changed as the new pricing model is based on the number of accounts running on each server. This means that the license cost for some servers will increase by as much as 800% and for some cPanel account licenses.

How will this Impact Me?
This will depend on the kind of hosting plan you are on. Please read through the information below to see how we plan to proceed.
It’s also our goal to absorb as much of the cost as possible
• Shared Hosting Accounts – At the present time we have no plans to increase the price of our LH Plans, WP Plans and WB Plans.
• Reseller Hosting Accounts – We have updated the pricing of our current Reseller plans and we will now have to place limits on the number of cPanel accounts that can be created under each plan for obvious reasons. We have also added unlimited storage to all reseller plans.
• cPanel License Clients – Server clients choosing cPanel License as an Addon will feel the impact of this price increase the most.

Deleting unused Accounts
Since earlier there were no restrictions on the number of cPanel accounts we could have on a server, we might be having some cPanel accounts that are no longer in use today and just sitting idle. It’s time to delete those accounts and save on your licensing cost.

When Does the New Price Kick In?
cPanel have announced that the new pricing for partners will start on September 1st, 2019

I Don’t Host with Garanntor, Does It Impact Me?
YES! These price rises are being applied to any web host that uses cPanel. If you haven’t yet heard from your web host then you should be hearing from them very soon.

We hope this has provided you with some clarity on the situation. We hate having to raise prices and cause disruption to clients but due to the actions of cPanel we have been left with no choice as we simply can’t afford to absorb such a huge cost increase.

If you have any further questions or comments on this price rise, then please do get in touch with our customer service(support@garanntor.com) and we will get back to you ASAP.

Here are the new price changes for cPanel;

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Custom Wordpress Plugin Developed (PRO Only) / 5 Years Multiple Times Payment Received Nigerian Adsense For Sale / Help Me Review This App Of Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.