Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd (20755 Views)

Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria / Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by ogbiwa: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he would be open to a return to former club Manchester United when his contract ends in November.

The 37-year-old Swede has scored 46 goals in 49 games since moving to the Major League Soccer side in March 2018.

"I could play easy in the Premier League, so if United needs me, I'm here," he said.

Ibrahimovic scored 28 goals in his 2016-17 debut season for United before suffering a knee injury.

His two-year contract was terminated early by mutual consent to allow him to move to the United States.

However, if he were to rejoin United, he would not be allowed to play for them until January, when the English transfer window reopens.

He signed a new deal to stay with Galaxy for the 2019 campaign in December.

"Galaxy has me, so I'm sorry," he added.
"I did my job in Europe. I enjoyed it, I have 33 trophies that I brought with me here and hopefully I can get something here.

"And then we will see where that adventure finishes."

Ibrahimovic added that he still watches Manchester United's games and insisted they were unlucky in their home defeat by Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Marcus Rashford missed a penalty in the loss, just as team-mate Paul Pogba had done in the draw at Wolves five days earlier.

"I saw the last game and I think they were unlucky," he said.

"If they score the penalty it's a different game, but a game in England is not finished until it's finished.

"Anything can happen, especially in the last minutes where everything is in the heat of the moment."

Ibrahimovic also revealed that he is still in touch with Pogba, who has been linked with a move away from United this summer.

"I speak with him. A lot of advice I give - but nothing I share with you!" Ibrahimovic added.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49493582

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
lol. liar

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by NwaNimo1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ok
Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by NwaNimo1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pending joblessness.....?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by OmoManU: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Inside life
Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by SultanOfAbia: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Angels in Heaven, after hearing this news...

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by chinavs9ja(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
wink
Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Kolisky(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
It won't still change anything...... We go dey chop am dey go

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by judedwriter(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
In fact you are more than, highly and specially welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Even osadebe can return to man u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by PureGoldh(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Great news
Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Go back home (Turin) and play with Ronaldo.

It's been a long time that the Old Ladies won the UCL.

Forza Juve!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by IYANGBALI: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Manchester United case tire me. I no even know where I drop my jersey again. Useless boys on parade.

#bringbackmyoldmanutd cry cry cry

14 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
All the best to him for the future......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by iCauseTrouble: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
This guy no wan retire?

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by osejie17(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
he should go and look for a club to manage agbaya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by rhymesnoni(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
Zlatan, we respect u bt if u're looking for aClubto endit all Please go back to Milan, nd nt Man United, even if u were to play for free we no want

Wen Clubs like Man City have an outstanding team and yet keep improving by signing young boys, na em Man u go come sign u!!!

Abeg park well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by sylve11: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
welcome back if you are truly coming......... cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by raid45: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
this guy never reach to retire?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by RexTramadol1: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
I hate the current forwards small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by SouthSouth1914: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
Man U should be called a former great club, same thing with Chelsea!! I don’t see anything great recently about these 2 clubs!

Liverpool and Man City are setting the pace! Especially Liverpool.. kudos should be given to them!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Topmaike007(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
rhymesnoni:
Zlatan, we respect u bt if u're looking for aClubto endit all Please go back to Milan, nd nt Man United, even if u were to play for free we no want

Wen Clubs like Man City have an outstanding team and yet keep improving by signing young boys, na em Man u go come sign u!!!

Abeg park well
which of your player can do what he is doing now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Amuocha: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
APC members wont like this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Caseless: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
cool

I'm not happy he left in the first place. I'll be happy if he comes back.

Zlatan doesn't do audition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Angelfrost(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
A one legged Zlatan will score more goals than a fully fit Giroud and Lacazette combination, so United should consider him especially if it will cost them nothing. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by samwash(m): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
Topmaike007:
which of your player can do what he is doing now

And which league is he playing @ d moment?
Take that into consideration .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by MorataFC: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ok,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by 2Radii: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Man U should be called a former great club, same thing with Chelsea!! I don’t see anything great recently about these 2 clubs!

Liverpool and Man City are setting the pace! Especially Liverpool.. kudos should be given to them!
Remember that Liverpool were once a former great club as u alleged!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by Sommydisaster(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
; cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

AY!!!!!

Ibrahimovic would always do us more good than pogba

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd by SouthSouth1914: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
2Radii:

Remember that Liverpool were once a former great club as u alleged!!!

My Point is- No one is a champion forever

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Footballer Chichi Igbo Tells Haters To Shut Up With New Video (WATCH) / PHOTOS: Dream Team At The Gym In Atlanta / Super Eagles Coach, Peseiro Applies To Coach Egyptian Club, Zamalek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.