Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile (3756 Views)

Remo Omokri: North And SW Are The Only Places You Can Campaign Openly And Freely / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari / PDP Presidential Primary: Oyo And SW Delegates Will Vote For Wike - Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 29, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Yet we all saw how hunger and lack dealt with people of Osun state to the extent that people across the country started making donations of money and food stuff for them from 2014 to to 2017.

What happened to their big IGR?

Here you go again with IPOB bureau of statistics lies, can you give a source to your claim?

Is it hereditary for you guys to lie?

You don't just sit in your enclaves and start manufacturing lies and think people online are dunce. Real statistics and facts shows all the SE states are trailing behind Ogun, ondo, and Oyo in terms of IGR and yet you are here claiming otherwise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by reality1010: 12:26am On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:
This thread is created to debunk the misinformation about the IGR and debt profile of the SE and SW. I will center this thread toward the comparison between the SW (Excluding Lagos) and the SE based on debt profile and IGR.

The news was currently on front page showing that the SW states owes far more debt than the SE states and also some are saying that the SE states generates more IGR than the SW (excluding Lagos).

I am playing on the National Bureau of Statistics Website and I pull the below data from their portal for SE and SW (excluding Lagos):
1. State by state IGR comparison
2. State Domestic Debt
3. State External Debt

Based on the data, it can be deduced that the IGR of Ogun state as at 2018 (full year) is more than the total IGR of all the five (5) SE states combined.
Source: https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR

Based on the chart:
Abia, Anambra, and Ebonyi owes the most external debt compared to other SW states.
Osun and Ekiti owes the most domestic debt in comparison to the SE states.

Currency in Naira ($1/362.50)
IGR:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 150,824,371,322
SE = 77,314,968,186

Debt Profile:
External Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) =77,236,552,806.63
SE = 210,670,770,459.37

Domestic Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 505,468,856,367.78
SE = 309,919,768,624.23

Total debt (External +Domestic ):
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 582,705,409,174.41
SE = 520,590,539,083.60

Source of Data (National Bureau of Statistics):
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/

Cc: lalasticala Mynd44
Mod: Please move this to the front page to educate Nairalanders, this is from a true source (National Bureau of Statistics)
Some of you folks like noise that puts you out as if you cannot reason. Southeast state like Aba has not automated it revenue payment system. What you hear from these states r not correct.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 12:34am On Aug 29, 2019
reality1010:

Some of you folks like noise that puts you out as if you cannot reason. Southeast state like Aba has not automated it revenue payment system. What you hear from these states r not correct.

Haha lol, this should be one of the most absurd things I’ve heard.

If you go on the NBS website and try pulling data out, you will see NA written when the state does not provide the data.

Based on the NBS data, Abia state IGR is shown which implies that the data is received.

Going by your analogy, we can as well say that the IGR data from NBS is bullshit since they can put in incorrect data right? When NBS said Osun state owes more domestic debt they are saying the truth then right?

Anytime SW leads, you always come with the usual phrase of Lagos is no man’s land, now someone brought out SW data excluding Lagos and the SE is still beaten blue and black.

4 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 1:15am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Haha lol, this should be one of the most absurd things I’ve heard.

If you go on the NBS website and try pulling data out, you will see NA written when the state does not provide the data.

Based on the NBS data, Abia state IGR is shown which implies that the data is received.

Going by your analogy, we can as well say that the IGR data from NBS is bullshit since they can put in incorrect data right? When NBS said Osun state owes more domestic debt they are saying the truth then right?

Anytime SW leads, you always come with the usual phrase of Lagos is no man’s land, now someone brought out SW data excluding Lagos and the SE is still beaten blue and black.

Oga what he meant is that a lot of businesses in Abia state is informal most of them unregistered with cooperate affairs Commision. Collection of revenue is therefore highly problematic and inefficient. Up till now custom duty cannot tell exactly the volume of Shoes, bags,belt, clothings beign exported out of Aba weekly because documentation na wahala. That is why they keep on giving estimates. The informal sector is the main stay of south East economy. Entrepreneurs doing their thing in their back yard churning out products and selling for profit doing the irresponsible government officials " catch us if you can". The IGR you are seeing so far comes from cooperate organisations, government and private employees, and then the little they mop up from these informal sectors,which is subject to leakages due to corruption on the part of revenue agencies. For example there an estimated 80,000 people producing shoes in Aba. Shoes only we have not factored in fabricators, clothing and others. These guys are meant to be the back bone of Abia state economy. State Government on its part do not want to strangle locals with tax because eastern economy is 90 % indigenous unlike Ogun state and Lagos state.

As long as our indices of development like,education,health,standard of living is okay per individual living in the south-east then we are fine. Our strength come from the fact that we live in our land and have travel extensively to know the soap that is really detergent. Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 1:30am On Aug 29, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Oga what he meant is that a lot of businesses in Abia state is informal most of them unregistered with cooperate affairs Commision. Collection of revenue is therefore highly problematic and inefficient. Up till now custom duty cannot tell exactly the volume of Shoes, bags,belt, clothings beign exported out of Aba weekly because documentation na wahala. That is why they keep on giving estimates. The informal sector is the main stay of south East economy. Entrepreneurs doing their thing in their back yard churning out products and selling for profit doing the irresponsible government officials " catch us if you can". The IGR you are seeing so far comes from cooperate organisations, government and private employees, and then the little they mop up from these informal sectors,which is subject to leakages due to corruption on the part of revenue agencies. For example there an estimated 80,000 people producing shoes in Aba. Shoes only we have not factored in fabricators, clothing and others. These guys are meant to be the back bone of Abia state economy. State Government on its part do not want to strangle locals with tax because eastern economy is 90 % indigenous unlike Ogun state and Lagos state.

As long as our indices of development like,education,health,standard of living is okay per individual living in the south-east then we are fine. Our strength come from the fact that we live in our land and have travel extensively to know the soap that is really detergent. Peace.

While I am not denying your fact about the Aba shoe makers, I wouldn’t want you to devalue other people achievement because you want to project yours.

You guys problem is that you always think shoe manufacturing or exportation generates more income than established manufacturing industries or foreign investments in Nigeria.

Why do you think Ogun state can boast of such revenue? It’s because of the multinational companies and huge industries within Ogun state which on their own generates far more income than any retail outlet in Aba or wherever you call it.

You keep talking about the fact that SE is composed of only indigenous company and using that as a bragging right, how can a state progress without attracting huge foreign investment based on the present world economic pattern. Even China with its huge manufacturing strength still has a lot of foreign companies annexing their manufacturing to the country as the case of Apple, Microsoft, General Electric, Cigna, etc.

Take the case of dangote refinery for example, if that refinery is completed, the Lagos state government will generate huge tax revenue from that company that will supersede any rubbish retail outlet.

When we are talking about investment, it’s not about retail trade where you import or manufacture low scale goods, we are talking about billion dollar investments.

If you go to the USA, the service sector alone contribute so much to the nation revenue (79.6% of the US private sector GDP).

You gotta give salute to Ogun state. In 2008, the IGR of Anambra and Enugu is more than that of Ogun state, but within 10years Ogun state was able to emerge and beat them to over 400% difference and yet you’re talking about misrepresenting IGR indices.

The earlier you guys start holding your government responsible the better for you because if you keep trying to cover their act, you will wake up one day to see Borno state excelling by real statistics than yours.

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Ekwutox: 1:48am On Aug 29, 2019
So these yorubas can be pained like this?

Look at them trying to massage their egos because of IGR and debt grin it's really funny to watch knowing fully well that they can't function well without tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2019
Ekwutox:
So these yorubas can be pained like this?

Look at them trying to massage their egos because of IGR and debt grin it's really funny to watch knowing fully well that they can't function well without tribalism.

It should rather be the other way round. You guys have been taught to lie at every occasion such that 90% of your statements got to be crosschecked before it is accepted by sane minds.

The guy I quote below even told me yesterday that Anambra Igr is more than the whole SW state together. Can you see that your lies are beyond redemption!

CC: searchlight
searchlight:
Sorry man I taught you are enlightened enough to know what standard of living means.

south west is not narrowed to Lagos state, as far as I know Lagos is just a state in south west.
the development of Lagos state is not only Yoruba oriented, the economy of Lagos state might favouring igbos in a 1:2 ratio against Yorubas

aside Lagos the IGR of Anambra state is bigger than both federal allocation and IGR of any other Yoruba state put together.

all the Igbo states even ebonyi of yesterday are economically viable that they pay salaries from their IGR without federal allocation but you can't say that of Ekiti, Osun and other mushrum states over there.

Nnewi is the richest community in the while of west Africa. they have the highest number of billionaires scattered allover there community.

Your Almighty Lagos could be doing more good to the igbos than even the Yoruba people but you can't say that of enugu and Anambra to the Yorubas. standard of living is about individuals not Lagos hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 1:59am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

While I am not denying your fact about the Aba shoe makers, I wouldn’t want you to devalue other people achievement because you want to project yours.

You guys problem is that you always think shoe manufacturing or importation generates more income than established manufacturing industries or foreign investments in Nigeria.

Why do you think Ogun state can boast of such revenue? It’s because of the multinational companies and huge industries within Ogun state which on their own generates far more income than any retail outlet in Aba or wherever you call it.

Take the case of dangote refinery for example, if that refinery is completed, the Lagos state government will generate huge tax revenue from that company that will supersede any rubbish retail outlet.

When we are talking about investment, it’s not about retail trade where you import or manufacture low scale goods, we are talking about billion dollar investments.

If you go to the USA, the service sector alone contribute so much to the nation revenue which explains why California is the base of the economy. Your problem is believing that retail trade generates more income than established mega companies and industries is why you always talk about Aba shoe makers everytime.

You gotta give salute to Ogun state. I’m 2008, the IGR of Anambra and Enugu is more than that of Ogun state, but within 10years Ogun state was able to emerge and beat them to over 400% difference and yet you’re talking about misrepresenting IGR indices.

The earlier you guys start holding your government responsible the better for you because if you keep trying to cover their act, you will wake up one day to see Borno state excelling by real statistics than yours.

Peace!
According to you Aba shoe production is not cottage industry but retail trading. It shows you don't know the difference. Cottage industry is what made German economy thick. It is the main base of German technological advancement. I'm glad you admitted that there was a time Ogun couldn't compete with Anambra and Enugu until the mega industries started arriving including the ones onwed by indigenes of south East that you love to deride so much. It is a good development for Nigeria economy, but like I maintained as long as per head the indices of development favour us then no wahala.
As for holding our governors responsible the huge joke is on you lot. Pray tell my brother what exactly is the government of Ogun state doing with the humongous revenue it is collecting from its people. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 2:07am On Aug 29, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

According to you Aba shoe production is not cottage industry but retail trading. It shows you don't know the difference. Cottage industry is what made German economy thick. It is the main base of German technological advancement. I'm glad you admitted that there was a time Ogun couldn't compete with Anambra and Enugu until the mega industries started arriving including the ones onwed by indigenes of south East that you love to deride so much. It is a good development for Nigeria economy, but like I maintained as long as per head the indices of development favour us then no wahala.
As for holding our governors responsible the huge joke is on you lot. Pray tell my brother what exactly is the government of Ogun state doing with the humongous revenue it is collecting from its people. Peace.

@the bolded, I’ve digressed from only Aba and I’m also talking about the importation and retail business nature of the average Igbo man both in the SW and the SE.

You can see that I acknowledge the effort of the Aba shoe manufacturers but I’m trying to tell you the difference between huge manufacturing industries and medium scale manufacturing.

Can you please name the SE owned industries in Ogun state? Can you name Five Igbo owned industries in ogun state? Now you’ve started exhibiting the trait of your kinsmen about attributing other people’s success to themselves. In no time you will start derailing the effort of the Yorubas by claiming Ogun State is no man’s land.

Yes, truly Anambra and Enugu GDP as at 2008 was more than that of Ogun state, but within 10years the Ogun state government was able to formulate policies and attract huge investments which contributed to its success and made it surpass Anambra IGR by almost 400% difference.

Ogun is projected to overtake Rivers state in 5years time in terms of IGR generation, that’s real success. Why I always don’t like you guys manner of approach is that you don’t always give kudos to people that are making waves and most times you always claim other people’s glory by saying you developed their land.

Now you’ve started saying the Igbo developed Ogun?? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 2:16am On Aug 29, 2019
German support for small business has kept its economy thriving
GlobalPost

September 11, 2013 · 10:00 AM UTC

By Paul Ames
Small and medium sized companies, many of them family owned, are the driving force behind the "Made in Germany" reputation for quality. Credit: John MacDougall

Editor's note: As Germans prepare for parliamentary elections later this month, senior correspondent Paul Ames made a 900-mile roadtrip across all 16 German states to take the measure of Europe’s most influential country. This is the third in his five-part series.

WERTHEIM AM MAIN, Germany — Tourists disembarking from luxurious Amsterdam-to-Budapest river cruises may not believe Wertheim is a global industrial powerhouse.

There are no billowing smokestacks, no smog or rumble of heavy machinery.

Instead, the pretty little town on the river Main wows visitors with its romantic hilltop castle and cobbled streets lined with colorful cafes offering kaffee und kuchen, and the crisp local white wine.

Head a couple of miles down river, however, and you discover Germany's greatest concentration of world-beating businesses.

Clustered in a bend of the Main and facing a forested Bavarian hillside on the far bank are row upon row of neat, clean factory buildings, mostly run by the kind of small-to-medium-sized companies that form the linchpin of Germany's economy.

PRI's daily email newsletter

Your name

Your email
Their success explains why Germany has thrived while most of Europe languishes in recession.

"We are looking for the best possible quality," says Werner Scheuermann, product manager at Koening & Meyer, the leading global manufacturer of music stands.

"We only use the best material and everybody in the music market knows that," Scheurermann says as he strides across the factory floor. "This is the reason for our success, we are the quality leader in the music industry — like Rolls Royce in the car industry."

Although Germany is best known for giants such as BMW, Siemens and BASF, its smaller firms — many of them often family run — are the economy's driving force.

We are Public Media
Support us with a monthly recurring gift

Donate
Collectively known as the mittelstand, they make up 98 percent of Germany's exporting companies and employ two-thirds of the workforce.

"These innovative and internationally competitive firms that we call the mittelstand are extremely important," says Ferdinand Fichtner, head of forecasting and economic policy at the German Institute for Economic Research in Berlin. "It's not only for export industries but for the German economy in general. It is the backbone of the economy."

Wertheim, a city of just 24,000 people, boasts 11 companies designated as global leaders in their sectors.

What they produce isn’t sexy on the whole. Wertheim-based companies are world-beaters in laboratory glassware, screen printers and industrial communication systems. Dominance of global niches by those so-called "hidden champions" is vital to Germany's economic ascendency.

Behind the factory doors, the reasons for their success are clear: a winning combination of high technology and old-fashioned craftsmanship.

In the alfi vacuum container factory, state-of-the-art robotics are used to mold metal discs into the distinctive shape of pots that used to keep coffee hot on hotel breakfast tables around the world. Nearby, skilled polishers burnish their chromium, silver or golden shine by hand.

One of German industry’s strengths is an apprenticeship system that combines on-the-job training with classroom education. It gives youngsters hands-on experience and skills. Apprentices spend time working in all departments of their companies, developing an overview of their needs and building team spirit.

"Young people come here directly from school," says Alexander Schmitt, sales director at alfi, which employs 180 people making a range of vacuum flasks and carafes.

"They stay with the company for three years, and they go to school one to two days a week. They learn how to prepare products, they learn how to deal with administration. They really see the big picture. This is something really important in Germany."

Down the road at K&M, school kids as young as 15 spend up to three weeks on production lines during their summer vacations to get a taste of work.

"Almost everyone here started out on the apprenticeship program, including the directors" says President Martin Koenig, whose father founded the company in 1949. "That's one of the reasons for our success. We don't have a lot of turnover of staff. People are trained here and keep their skills and experience in the company, they stay for 30 or 40 years."

Mittelstand companies take pride in their non-confrontational labor relations. Workers are consulted on major decisions and ideas exchanged between factory floors and boardrooms. "We have successes together and we have losses together, Schmitt says. "That’s something that we try to grow ourselves, being a family."

When Germany was hit by the global economic downturn in 2008, companies negotiated deals with unions to reduce working time and wages instead of laying off staff.

That helped keep German unemployment down at record lows while the jobless rate soared elsewhere in Europe. At the same time, the companies were able to bounce back with their skilled workforce in place when order books started picking up.

"What happened in Germany during the recession was some kind of burden sharing," Fichtner says. "Firms accepted declining profits during the recession at the expense of keeping workers on the job. Workers, on the other hand, accepted that their wages decreased or increased only at a very weak rate and they accepted shorter hours. This kind of burden sharing relates to the notion that the workers and employers are together responsible for good of the firm."

Although Germans have a reputation for hard work, they actually put in some of the shortest hours in Europe: just 1,397 hours a year, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. That's the second lowest in the euro zone after the Dutch.

Americans toil for 1,796 hours, and the much-maligned Greeks put in 2,034 hours a year — the longest in Europe.

Germans argue that while their shorter working day and six-week paid holidays are sacrosanct, their work ethic guarantees higher productivity while they’re on the job — with few chats around watercoolers or Facebook time when the boss looks away.

The close-knit nature of German firms also encourages strong business-to-business ties.

"We look for continuity with our suppliers and our customers," Koenig says. "We take care of the details, the little things that you don't always see. You have to listen to your customers, when we listen to the people who use them, that helps us develop our products."

K&M’s 270 employees make more than 1,500 products, from classic stands for sheet music to microphone holders and drummers' thrones.

Innovation is another key to success. The company puts 30 to 40 new products on the market every year. Tablet holders for musicians who want to read their music on screen are a recent addition to the catalog.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 2:44am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

@the bolded, I’ve digressed from only Aba and I’m also talking about the importation and retail business nature of the average Igbo man both in the SW and the SE.

You can see that I acknowledge the effort of the Aba shoe manufacturers but I’m trying to tell you the difference between huge manufacturing industries and medium scale manufacturing.

Can you please name the SE owned industries in Ogun state? Can you name Five Igbo owned industries in ogun state? Now you’ve started exhibiting the trait of your kinsmen about attributing other people’s success to themselves. In no time you will start derailing the effort of the Yorubas by claiming Ogun State is no man’s land.

Yes, truly Anambra and Enugu GDP as at 2008 was more than that of Ogun state, but within 10years the Ogun state government was able to formulate policies and attract huge investments which contributed to its success and made it surpass Anambra IGR by almost 400% difference.

Ogun is projected to overtake Rivers state in 5years time in terms of IGR generation, that’s real success. Why I always don’t like you guys manner of approach is that you don’t always give kudos to people that are making waves and most times you always claim other people’s glory by saying you developed their land.

Now you’ve started saying the Igbo developed Ogun?? Nawa o

Only you knew where you got that " Igbos are claiming to have developed Ogun state" because I never made such assertion. Remember where the whole thing started. I made a case for Abia state and by extension southeast state in revenue collection due to its bedrock informal economy and leakages associated with it. I never disputed the statistics but maintained that south East figure would be different if revenue collection were as efficient as it should be. Is revenue being generated yes, is it entering government coffers,not absolutely. Can the government over tax indigenes without backlash NO!

Everyone like the big corporations cos they come with mega money. So kudos to Ogun and Lagos state, but you can't rubbish the cottage industries in the south East because that will make you a dumb economist. There is a reason Nigerian government keep running from pillar to post in search of a sustainable small and medium scale programme that will lift Nigerians out of poverty. We have solve this problem down here to a reasonable extent and your IGR stat don't faze us. Yes our Governors have their work cut out for them, but are we on the right track going by the German example? A resounding YES!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 3:00am On Aug 29, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Only you knew where you got that " Igbos are claiming to have developed Ogun state" because I never made such assertion. Remember where the whole thing started. I made a case for Abia state and by extension southeast state in revenue collection due to its bedrock informal economy and leakages associated with it. I never disputed the statistics but maintained that south East figure would be different if revenue collection were as efficient as it should be. Is revenue being generated yes, is it entering government coffers,not absolutely. Can the government over tax indigenes without backlash NO!

Everyone like the big corporations cos they come with mega money. So kudos to Ogun and Lagos state, but you can't rubbish the cottage industries in the south East because that will make you a dumb economist. There is a reason Nigerian government keep running from pillar to post in search of a sustainable small and medium scale programme that will lift Nigerians out of poverty. We have solve this problem down here to a reasonable extent and your IGR stat don't faze us. Yes our Governors have their work cut out for them, but are we on the right track going by the German example? A resounding YES!

gwafaeziokwu:

I'm glad you admitted that there was a time Ogun couldn't compete with Anambra and Enugu until the mega industries started arriving including the ones onwed by indigenes of south East that you love to deride so much.

The bolded is where you spoke about where the indigene of SE helped improve the industrial capability of Ogun State. That was why I challenged you to name five (5) Igbo industries in Ogun state to support your claim.

Is it a must for the average Igbo man to always claim other people glory?
Even Exodus 20:17 says “Thou shall not covet anything that is thy neighbor’s”.

Don’t get me wrong, I acknowledge the fact that the SE region is trying on their own and I ain’t rubbishing the Aba manufacturing capacity. But what I’m saying here is that based on actual statistics devoid of emotions or sentiments, Ogun state is in a different league.

You are trying to project your own statistics based on assumptions that the SE governors does not have a wide tax generation base but you did not even give the Southwest the same benefit by concluding or assuming it has already reached its tax base.

How do you measure the extent of tax generation penetration in the SW & SE? How do you come to the conclusion that the SE is not taxing its citizen? Is there any known statistics that provide actual percentage of people paying tax? What do you mean by SW is over taxing it’s citizens, how do you arrive at that claim?

There are lot of things that we always get wrong by projecting scenario without necessary statistics or research.

Well either way we are all Nigerians and I hope both the SE and SW can do more to engage in a healthy competition as we have always done coz we are what made Nigeria what it is in diaspora and even within Nigeria based on Human Resources.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 3:02am On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:
Why would you exclude Lagos?
When you are talking about how Igbo come to the south West, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing eligible voters, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing IGR for your own bigoted ends, you also don't remember to exclude Lagos.

Bigots should not open topics. It is rarely intelligent.

Shebi you people love to exclude Lagos all the time.Abi Lagos is no longer no man's land and the state that your commonwealth developed.

You people pick and chose when you claim and reject Lagos, like having it both ways when the argument suits your bigoted narratives.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 3:08am On Aug 29, 2019
reality1010:

The made-up rubbish pesin dey read on NL sometimes sef.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 3:12am On Aug 29, 2019
plaindealer:

The made-up rubbish pesin dey read on NL sometimes sef.. grin

I’m telling you, they just manufacture lies and inturn believe the lies they tell.

How does he come to that conclusion? what statistics was used to arrive at that statement? Sometimes I’m just lost for word by how much length people can go in bending truth and dishing out false claims without source.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 3:22am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

The bolded is where you spoke about where the indigene of SE helped improve the industrial capability of Ogun State. That was why I challenged you to name five (5) Igbo industries in Ogun state to support your claim.

Don’t get me wrong, I acknowledge the fact that the SE region is trying on their own and I ain’t rubbishing the Aba manufacturing capacity. But what I’m saying here is that based on actual statistics devoid of emotions or sentiments, Ogun state is in a different league.

You are trying to project your own statistics based on assumptions that the SE governors does not have a wide tax generation base but you did not even give the Southwest the same benefit by concluding or assuming it has already reached its tax base.

How do you measure the extent of tax generation penetration in the SW & SE? How do you come to the conclusion that the SE is not taxing its citizen? Is there any known statistics that provide actual percentage of people paying tax? What do you mean by SW is over taxing it’s citizens, how do you arrive at that claim?

There are lot of things that we always get wrong by projecting scenario without necessary statistics or research.

Well either way we are all Nigerians and I hope both the SE and SW can do more to engage in a healthy competition as we have always done coz we are what made Nigeria what it is in diaspora and even within Nigeria based on Human Resources.

BELOXXI BISCUIT
Founder Obi Ezeude
Corporate Headquarter
Plot C21/5A Anioma road, Agbara Industrial estate, Agbara, Ogun State, Nigeria.
0909-779-9054
Administrative Office
Plot 8A, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun,
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 3:28am On Aug 29, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

BELOXXI BISCUIT
Founder Obi Ezeude
Corporate Headquarter
Plot C21/5A Anioma road, Agbara Industrial estate, Agbara, Ogun State, Nigeria.
0909-779-9054
Administrative Office
Plot 8A, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun,
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria.

Read about the Beloxxi group below and see how the industry came into being in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 3:31am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Is it a must for the average Igbo man to always claim other people glory?
Even Exodus 20:17 says “Thou shall not covet anything that is thy neighbor’s”.

NEROS Pharmaceuticals Limited
CEO Poly Emenike
NEROS Pharmaceuticals Limited
36, Akin Adesola Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
G.P.O Box 7888
Marina
Nigeria
Tel: (+234)1-7414013, 8924746, 8033287447
Email: info@nerospharma.com
polyneros@yahoo.com

Factory Address
Plot 3, NEROS Pharma Avenue
Km 38, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
By Singer Bus Stop
Sango, Ota
Ogun State
Nigeria
Tel: (+234)8029871987, (+234)802ke
36, Akin Adesola Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
G.P.O Box

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 3:38am On Aug 29, 2019
@legendhero, I have listed only two without even doing much research. I actually tried to avoid this but you keep on calling me out on it. It is ridiculous for you to actually dare me to name five Igbo owned industries in Ogun state. Even a child born today in Nigeria knew it's not a hard task. That said, it doesn't mesn Igbos developed Ogun like you wrongly accused me of saying. All in all I enjoyed the argument devoid of insults. This is how it should be. Abeg make I sleep work dey tomorrow. Bye

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 3:42am On Aug 29, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:
@legendhero, I have listed only two without even doing much research. I actually tried to avoid this but you keep on calling me out on it. It is ridiculous for you to actually dare me to name five Igbo owned industries in Ogun state. Even a child born today in Nigeria knew it's not a hard task. All in all I enjoyed the argument devoid of insults. This is how it should be. Abeg make it sleep work dey tomorrow. Bye

Alright got you, although I said you should name five (5) and with that much research and time lag you’re only able to name just two (2).

But have you ever asked yourself why those two companies deem it fit to set them up in the SW? It’s purchasing power and nearness to market bro. That’s what you’re not factoring in.

Have a good night and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by gwafaeziokwu: 3:45am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Read about the Beloxxi group below and see how the industry came into being in Ogun state.

This man sef. Who is the Ceo/founer of Beloxxi biscuit? Simple question. Abeg sleep dey worry me. Good morning.
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Ikengawo: 3:51am On Aug 29, 2019
the sw lies about IGR because it's a mark of 'performance' in that culture. Every single state in the SW except Lagos now only owes salaries, but is heavily in debt.
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 3:56am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

I’m telling you, they just manufacture lies and inturn believe the lies they tell.

How does he come to that conclusion? what statistics was used to arrive at that statement? Sometimes I’m just lost for word by how much length people can go in bending truth and dishing out false claims without source.

They are all pathological liars, they lie at will and pull infantile rubbish out of their arses.

When they are not lying, they are quoting this and that % left and right.

I honestly think lying is a cultural malady in that part of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 4:08am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Alright got you, although I said you should name five (5) and with that much research and time lag you’re only able to name just two (2).

But have you ever asked yourself why those two companies deem it fit to set them up in the SW? It’s purchasing power and nearness to market bro. That’s what you’re not factoring in.

Have a good night and God bless.

Sad irony.

They are beating chest instead of asking tough questions like why the company is in the SW to start with.

I don't even know why they think ibo related businesses in the SW are doing the SW a favor when in fact it's strictly business decisions based on so many factors, factors that rule out investment decisions in the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Uchek(m): 4:55am On Aug 29, 2019
Why this "I better pass my neighbour" fight between the Igbos and Yorubas - two ethnic groups that ought to be leading light of Black Race and African had British colonialism not lumped them together in a mere geographical expression?

Are these parameters the true test of the capacity and capability of these two ethnic groups/region?

Is it fair to even draw economic comparison between the SW and SE given the fact that the SE region and its economy where completely erased during the 30-month civil war and most instructively, the post-Biafra political and economic paradigm that emerged centralized the commanding heights of economy to the exclusive benefit of SW?

In a failed entity like Nigeria, what is the glory in having the biggest IGR .....? Has it reflected on the life of the indigenes in those states?

Iblad0994:

Yes the total debt shows the SW owes more than the SE.

I created the thread to debunk the earlier stance of some guys on the other thread that the SW owe far more debt (like double or triple) compared to the SE. On that thread they depict that all the SW states owes more debt individually than the SE states which is false because they only look at external debt.

Looking at this thread you will see that Abia and Imo owes more debt than Ogun and Oyo when you look at it as a whole, but the other thread suggested that Ogun owes more debt than them because they purposely use only the domestic debt for the metrics.

Ondo and Oyo IGR exceed that of any SE states, whereas the former lies propagated by some Igbo guys was that Anambra generate more IGR than the SW excluding Lagos.

@your bolded statement, what do you mean by the population of people living in the SW? Is IGR only dependent on population? That means Kano, Kaduna, and Katsina should have the highest IGR going by your analogy.

I will continue to say this, the SW is a region that is successful and believe in silent achievements, Ogun state will soon overcome rivers state in IGR generating in the next 5 years if we judge by the growth trajectory of Ogun.

Even Ondo state is doing really fine, it got high IGR and low debt. If Dangote had situated his refinery in Ondo state, then that state would have been the new bride of the SW after Ogun.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Uchek(m): 5:20am On Aug 29, 2019
What factors rule out investment decisions in the SE?

In a true federation - which Yorubas fought for in the last 20 years - will this factors even exist?

In a divided Nigeria, will these factors ever exist?

plaindealer:

Sad irony.

They are beating chest instead of asking tough questions like why the company is in the SW to start with.

I don't even know why they think ibo related businesses in the SW are doing the SW a favor when in fact it's strictly business decisions based on so many factors, factors that rule out investment decisions in the SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 5:34am On Aug 29, 2019
Uchek:
What factors rule out investment decisions in the SE?

In a true federation - which Yorubas fought for in the last 20 years - will this factors even exist?

In a divided Nigeria, will these factors ever exist?

This has nothing to do with federalism, it's about luring investors to your state and creating the best business environment and inducements.

They state the best and the largest investors forums in Nigeria in Ogun state, do they do anything like that in the SE?

You can not spend the rest of your life playing the victim and making excuses to justify leadership failure and incompetence,

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by MartinsOnyx(m): 6:07am On Aug 29, 2019
It has never being in doubt that the SW states generate more IGR than their SE counterparts. However, for clarity and reference purposes, I urge the OP to also include the IGR and debt profile( domestic and external) of Lagos State and see if the notion that the debt of SW doubles, triples or even quadriples that of the SE is true or false.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Yorubasaredogs: 6:15am On Aug 29, 2019
The average yorubaman cannot rest without being obsessed with the igbos. Yoruba who did this to you.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Sunnyboom: 6:52am On Aug 29, 2019
If you have nothing logical to say u shut up. We are not talking German here but Aba n the entire SE in relation to just Ogun State. [s]
gwafaeziokwu:
German support for small business has kept its economy thriving
GlobalPost

September 11, 2013 · 10:00 AM UTC

By Paul Ames
Small and medium sized companies, many of them family owned, are the driving force behind the "Made in Germany" reputation for quality. Credit: John MacDougall

Editor's note: As Germans prepare for parliamentary elections later this month, senior correspondent Paul Ames made a 900-mile roadtrip across all 16 German states to take the measure of Europe’s most influential country. This is the third in his five-part series.

WERTHEIM AM MAIN, Germany — Tourists disembarking from luxurious Amsterdam-to-Budapest river cruises may not believe Wertheim is a global industrial powerhouse.

There are no billowing smokestacks, no smog or rumble of heavy machinery.

Instead, the pretty little town on the river Main wows visitors with its romantic hilltop castle and cobbled streets lined with colorful cafes offering kaffee und kuchen, and the crisp local white wine.

Head a couple of miles down river, however, and you discover Germany's greatest concentration of world-beating businesses.

Clustered in a bend of the Main and facing a forested Bavarian hillside on the far bank are row upon row of neat, clean factory buildings, mostly run by the kind of small-to-medium-sized companies that form the linchpin of Germany's economy.

PRI's daily email newsletter

Your name

Your email
Their success explains why Germany has thrived while most of Europe languishes in recession.

"We are looking for the best possible quality," says Werner Scheuermann, product manager at Koening & Meyer, the leading global manufacturer of music stands.

"We only use the best material and everybody in the music market knows that," Scheurermann says as he strides across the factory floor. "This is the reason for our success, we are the quality leader in the music industry — like Rolls Royce in the car industry."

Although Germany is best known for giants such as BMW, Siemens and BASF, its smaller firms — many of them often family run — are the economy's driving force.

We are Public Media
Support us with a monthly recurring gift

Donate
Collectively known as the mittelstand, they make up 98 percent of Germany's exporting companies and employ two-thirds of the workforce.

"These innovative and internationally competitive firms that we call the mittelstand are extremely important," says Ferdinand Fichtner, head of forecasting and economic policy at the German Institute for Economic Research in Berlin. "It's not only for export industries but for the German economy in general. It is the backbone of the economy."

Wertheim, a city of just 24,000 people, boasts 11 companies designated as global leaders in their sectors.

What they produce isn’t sexy on the whole. Wertheim-based companies are world-beaters in laboratory glassware, screen printers and industrial communication systems. Dominance of global niches by those so-called "hidden champions" is vital to Germany's economic ascendency.

Behind the factory doors, the reasons for their success are clear: a winning combination of high technology and old-fashioned craftsmanship.

In the alfi vacuum container factory, state-of-the-art robotics are used to mold metal discs into the distinctive shape of pots that used to keep coffee hot on hotel breakfast tables around the world. Nearby, skilled polishers burnish their chromium, silver or golden shine by hand.

One of German industry’s strengths is an apprenticeship system that combines on-the-job training with classroom education. It gives youngsters hands-on experience and skills. Apprentices spend time working in all departments of their companies, developing an overview of their needs and building team spirit.

"Young people come here directly from school," says Alexander Schmitt, sales director at alfi, which employs 180 people making a range of vacuum flasks and carafes.

"They stay with the company for three years, and they go to school one to two days a week. They learn how to prepare products, they learn how to deal with administration. They really see the big picture. This is something really important in Germany."

Down the road at K&M, school kids as young as 15 spend up to three weeks on production lines during their summer vacations to get a taste of work.

"Almost everyone here started out on the apprenticeship program, including the directors" says President Martin Koenig, whose father founded the company in 1949. "That's one of the reasons for our success. We don't have a lot of turnover of staff. People are trained here and keep their skills and experience in the company, they stay for 30 or 40 years."

Mittelstand companies take pride in their non-confrontational labor relations. Workers are consulted on major decisions and ideas exchanged between factory floors and boardrooms. "We have successes together and we have losses together, Schmitt says. "That’s something that we try to grow ourselves, being a family."

When Germany was hit by the global economic downturn in 2008, companies negotiated deals with unions to reduce working time and wages instead of laying off staff.

That helped keep German unemployment down at record lows while the jobless rate soared elsewhere in Europe. At the same time, the companies were able to bounce back with their skilled workforce in place when order books started picking up.

"What happened in Germany during the recession was some kind of burden sharing," Fichtner says. "Firms accepted declining profits during the recession at the expense of keeping workers on the job. Workers, on the other hand, accepted that their wages decreased or increased only at a very weak rate and they accepted shorter hours. This kind of burden sharing relates to the notion that the workers and employers are together responsible for good of the firm."

Although Germans have a reputation for hard work, they actually put in some of the shortest hours in Europe: just 1,397 hours a year, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. That's the second lowest in the euro zone after the Dutch.

Americans toil for 1,796 hours, and the much-maligned Greeks put in 2,034 hours a year — the longest in Europe.

Germans argue that while their shorter working day and six-week paid holidays are sacrosanct, their work ethic guarantees higher productivity while they’re on the job — with few chats around watercoolers or Facebook time when the boss looks away.

The close-knit nature of German firms also encourages strong business-to-business ties.

"We look for continuity with our suppliers and our customers," Koenig says. "We take care of the details, the little things that you don't always see. You have to listen to your customers, when we listen to the people who use them, that helps us develop our products."

K&M’s 270 employees make more than 1,500 products, from classic stands for sheet music to microphone holders and drummers' thrones.

Innovation is another key to success. The company puts 30 to 40 new products on the market every year. Tablet holders for musicians who want to read their music on screen are a recent addition to the catalog.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2019
plaindealer:

Shebi you people love to exclude Lagos all the time.Abi Lagos is no longer no man's land and the state that your commonwealth developed.

You people pick and chose when you claim and reject Lagos, like having it both ways when the argument suits your bigoted narratives.
Why would you also pick and choose.?
You are accusing me of what you people are guilty of.
Shebi igbos must leave Lagos aka Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

Why would you also pick and choose.?
You are accusing me of what you people are guilty of.
Shebi igbos must leave Lagos aka Yoruba land?

Show me exactly what I picked. The fact that I stated what you people doesn't mean I'm picking and choosing.

You can not make sense and you don't even know how to read and comprehend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Wins PDP Primary / NIN Registeration Of David Nwamini Allage 15yrs Kidney Donor. / Take A Look At This Receipt From Zimbabwe, Very Funny (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.