Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project (1615 Views)

How I Lost $10,000 - Fisayo Fosudo / 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs / Midas shipping & freight, My Experience, Story And Lost of item with them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hello everyone reading this.
I'm writing this with pure anger in my heart cause I became one of those who's taking the repercussions of the fraudulent activities being perpetrated by some Nigerians home and abroad.
Recently after the FBI disclosed the identity of some Nigerian syndicate cyber crime gang and ever since, brought bad publicity on the country that some organisations stopped their operations in Nigeria and now the moment you mention yourself to be a Nigerian at any international space, you become a potential scammer. A friend was telling me about two developers who recently lost their remote jobs I was sceptical till I also received my share of the humiliation today 28_08_2019

I hereby urge all Nigerians engaged in one fraudulent activity or the other to quit immediately. Please ask yourself what your children would say to you the day they discover what you are into? There are several decent lucratice fields of economic engagements that you can venture. The advent of computer age in as much as it's feared to be taking away some jobs, it's also bringing up new job roles that are decent and lucrative. Please please and please stop bringing shame upon your generations unborn, your families and the country as a whole .

Nigerians are one of the most smart and intelligent people on earth please use your intelligence for the benefit of humanity. Thank you as you listen to my sad cry.
Below was my experience today

Cc Seun lalasticlala mynd44

4 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by PlayerMeji: 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
I am sorry for you my brother...

That's what we got to grapple with.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by oyekanwahab(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2019
this is heartbreaking,

Where are those Mod, please push to front page for everybody to see

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Sirmuel1(m): 12:22am On Aug 29, 2019
Really heartbreakingembarassed sad

I have lost so many business deals because I'm a Nigerian. You just have to move on Bro.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 29, 2019
Take heart bro.

Yahoo helps those who help themselves.... Sorry, I mean heaven not Yahoo.

Fraud isn't worth it if your would tarnish the image of a whole country, the only way this country will be sanitized from Internet fraud is setting a death penalty for any convicted internet fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by ignitewatch(m): 12:48am On Aug 29, 2019
Just because I said am Nigerian.
3 business deal went down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Luckybelt: 2:51am On Aug 29, 2019
What was the government doing since before the crime became prevalent so much like these? Now it’s difficult to curtail. They should increase jail term of cyber crime from 6 months to 25 years minimum.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 2:53am On Aug 29, 2019
Well, sorry bro. I don't see where you mentioned you are in Nigeria before said that or is your profile showing a Nigerian?

Well, here is my advise... You can not build real business on platforms like that. Get into a real business because you are not even safe on there.

I know a lot of you like the idea of sitting behind pc but here is the truth, no global company was built just by sitting behind pc.

Here is another truth: the internet does not have all the information you need.

It depends on where you want to be in the future.

If you have made some money off that platform, et into real sector before its too late. Unfortunately, the president is just a lame duck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by hedonido: 4:13am On Aug 29, 2019
Even when you're too lame to get laid in a whorehouse, you will still find reason to blame Invictus Obi and yahoo boys. When thousands of people who know what they're doing are making it daily in this very Nigeria.

It's ridiculous how you losers aways look for who to hold responsible for your misery.

4 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by hedonido: 4:17am On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:
Well, sorry bro. I don't see where you mentioned you are in Nigeria before said that or is your profile showing a Nigerian?

Well, here is my advise... You can not build real business on platforms like that. Get into a real business because you are not even safe on there.

I know a lot of you like the idea of sitting behind pc but here is the truth, no global company was built just by sitting behind pc.

Here is another truth: the internet does not have all the information you need.

It depends on where you want to be in the future.

If you have made some money off that platform, et into real sector before its too late. Unfortunately, the president is just a lame duck.

Oh come on. I can't believe you're saying this. While you are right that slaving away on freelancer platforms such as Fiverr and the rest is certainly not a 'real business' (for obvious reasons), I am shocked that you dare say that you can't build a real business by 'sitting behind a computer'. Really?

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bcashy: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2019
hedonido:

Oh come on. I can't believe you're saying this. While you are right that slaving away on freelancer platforms such as Fiverr and the rest is certainly not a 'real business' (for obvious reasons), I am shocked that you dare say that you can't build a real business by 'sitting behind a computer'. Really?

U dey mind the lame duck calling someone a lame duck! That's the problem wen u know nothing but you are out there claiming u know everything! How I wish the idiot knew the number of succesful businesses that has bn built behind a computer!

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2019
hedonido:

Real business goes beyond that. I still stand by my words...

All those stories they sold to you is just fallacy. When you get into the real world and see things, you will understand. Mind you, I made my first $ behind pc but if you want to crush insane figures, better get your ass out there.
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 8:26am On Aug 29, 2019
bcashy:

U dey mind the lame duck calling someone a lame duck! That's the problem wen u know nothing but you are out there claiming u know everything! How I wish the idiot knew the number of succesful businesses that has bn built behind a computer!
you be mumu. You think I am talking about $5k - 20k businesses? You can't understand because of your current level. When you are tired of those small. Small money wey dey swell your head you will do the needful.
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bcashy: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:
you be mumu. You think I am talking about $5k - 20k businesses? You can't understand because of your current level. When you are tired of those small. Small money wey dey swell your head you will do the needful.

First class madness dey worry you, idiot! I will allow u wallow more in ur ignorance!
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by iLegendd(m): 10:44am On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:
...no global company was built just by sitting behind pc...

The mind of a Nigerian man is the limitation of his growth.

Where your knowledge stops, is where another man's knowledge begins.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2019
bcashy:

First class madness dey worry you, idiot! I will allow u wallow more in ur ignorance!
when you are ready, you will know. Just go get "The Everything Store" and read to save yourself from ignorance.

In there you will see a lot of things that media will never tell you. Most of the stupid stories you see flying around on blogs are not meant to tell you the truth, because it is best kept out of your reach for "their" own good. They are meant just for traffic purposes...

But since you are well comfortable with your current level, so be it...

Mind you, I said "Global Company"... you clearly do not belong to that circle of thought.

Now, me putting this up here does not mean I have reached that level but I ASSURE you my mindset has shifted.

I am done with you guys.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2019
iLegendd:

The mind of a Nigerian man is the limitation of his growth.

Where your knowledge stops, is where another man's knowledge begins.

You will dine among kings cool
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by twnklshop: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2019
So this Invictus fellow is now the new excuse people would be giving for failure? Even if the FBI arrests 100,000 Nigerians for fraud it would not stop me from succeeding in legitimate online business.

Cryptocurrency is Life!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by healthserve(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Stop being a sissy Op and take responsibility for your life. We all loose deals. I've lost deals here. I didn't create thread. Get serious about your life and stop looking for whom to blame for your issues
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by hedonido: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:

All those stories they sold to you is just fallacy. When you get into the real world and see things, you will understand. Mind you, I made my first $ behind pc but if you want to crush insane figures, better get your ass out there.

You wield a dangerously myopic view. I can't believe it.

From your very shallow and narrow perspective, you dare make such blanket generalisations about what 'real business' is and what can and cannot be achieved by 'sitting behind a computer!

There's no need to explain anything or argue anything. I wouldn't even talk about the likes of Facebook and such. Neither would I give you any clues about the thousands of successful global corporations founded and run almost entirely by 'sitting behind a computer'. Google is a loyal friend of all, including ignoramuses. I would only tell you to go and find out the insane revenues generated by some Saas companies... Some like Salesforce net over a billion dollars annually. Go and ask them the to explain to you the real meaning of 'real business'.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
hedonido:

You wield a dangerously myopic view. I can't believe it.

From your very shallow and narrow perspective, you dare make such blanket generalisations about what 'real business' is and what can and cannot be achieved by 'sitting behind a computer!

There's no need to explain anything or argue anything. I wouldn't even talk about the likes of Facebook and such. Neither would I give you any clues about the thousands of successful global corporations founded and run almost entirely by 'sitting behind a computer'. Google is a loyal friend of all, including ignoramuses. I would only tell you to go and find out the insane revenues generated by some Saas companies... Some like Salesforce net over a billion dollars annually. Go and ask them the to explain to you the real meaning of 'real business'.

I have told you... go and get that book I mentioned, it is How Amazon was built. I would have taken my time to explain my words but you think you know it all.

Are you aware that there are some information not open to public knowledge? You would never know this because it is good to keep some people at the top.

Who told you those companies were built just by sitting behind pc? That is what they want you to believe... If not that you are foolish, you would think Google has all the information you need for everything. My current venture, which some men have been feeding fat from has no single information about it online... if you like download the entire GOOGLE, plus melt their server... you will not find ziltch, nadah...

But be there thinking every information are open to the public till the day you see things differently. At least, the top 1% that controls things will keep being at the top before you wake up.

ODE, a lot of things happen to make these companies GLOBAL and sitting behind PC will not fetch you that... PERIOD! You can choose to believe otherwise, especially if you have never had the luxury of being in certain circle that vibrate with a different frequency and wavelength.

If you like quote me again, those who are wise will pick wisdom that they need for the future.

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
healthserve:
Stop being a sissy Op and take responsibility for your life. We all loose deals. I've lost deals here. I didn't create thread. Get serious about your life and stop looking for whom to blame for your issues
my brother see me o. I paid 200k for something just few weeks ago and I lost...

In 2013, I someone refused to do a deal worth $25,000 because I am a Nigerian. I picked up myself and move on since then..
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Babanlagenius: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Honestly, I always find it difficult to tell foreigners I am from Nigeria. The yahoo boys have dragged our names to the mud.

Who swear for Nigeria self...
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by healthserve(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:
my brother see me o. I paid 200k for something just few weeks ago and I lost...

In 2013, I someone refused to do a deal worth $25,000 because I am a Nigerian. I picked up myself and move on since then..

My brother.
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by ThreeEyedRaven: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
Brothers. I didn't create this post for us to quarrel over who's stupid or not. Let's face the truth we're facing a major problem as a country with bad int'l publicity.

This goes beyond Invictus Obi honestly, the finger pointing to Nigerians as scammers dates back to the advent of the telecom revolution in Nigeria for all I'm aware, that's when we got access to internet and stuffs that Nigerians started to flood dating sites of which the rest is history. Fela Durotoye amongst other notable distinguished Nigerians was also humiliated some years ago at some foreign airport because he is a Nigerian, many well meaning Nigerians have had to suffer same humiliation at various space and capacities.

My aim is for us to find a solution to this bad publicity we suffer as country. It's not about who is affected nor is it a tribal thing nor who shouldn't build a business behind a PC. thank you

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by rainmoredays: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
Fabu
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Rooneyboy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
bestdudes:

So nairaland and lindaikeji's blog aren't real businesses
Even me once made over 10,000,000 naira on data sales from online purchases some years back, it might even interest you to know that I preferred and still prefer online /unknown customers over family and friends that will always want to owe you.
Your reasoning is indeed laughable.

2 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by Lessonnn: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
I tried to poop yesterday but I couldn’t it was so hard.
Look at what Invictus Obi has caused.
God will punish him.
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2019
Rooneyboy:

So nairaland and lindaikeji's blog aren't real businesses
Even me once made over 10,000,000 naira on data sales from online purchases some years back, it might even interest you to know that I preferred and still prefer online /unknown customers over family and friends that will always want to owe you.
Your reasoning is indeed laughable.
Are you a global company?
Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by bestdudes: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2019
Babanlagenius:
Honestly, I always find it difficult to tell foreigners I am from Nigeria. The yahoo boys have dragged our names to the mud.

Who swear for Nigeria self...
Do not. You can only do so after delivering your service. Most times I do delivery before getting paid. It is at that point they discover I am a Nigerian I request that the money be sent to me in Nigeria... WORKS like charm.

2 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: How I Lost Of An Offshore Design Project by monimekaz(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2019
There are criminals everywhere oga . Americans engage in cyber crimes than Nigerians . Indians too .name it . I'm tired of reading stuffs about giving bad image or not giving bad image . When an American carries a gun and start shooting innocent souls ,does the media make it look like the whole of Americans are mass shooters . Why are u people making things up like Nigerians are the worst . Lebanese, Chinese ,Indians etc commit grievous crime against our people here every day ,is anyone reporting it ? Oga abeg go and sit somewhere and stop this madness you people are carrying about . Venezuelans use tiny planes to flow cocaine in the US ,is anyone reporting it ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? / How To Make Money As An Opay Agent / Make Money Reading News Online For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.