Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs (21128 Views)

Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud / How Buhari's Victory Will Affect The Oil And Gas, Economy Sectors - The Guardian / Startup Funds For Nigerian Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Teejayphillip(m): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2019
Trump! Trump!! Trump!!! U see ehn, u can close the gate of yankee but lemme tell u dis. Dem no dey catch latecomers.

No amount of FBI can eradicate fraudulent activities,though it’ll be minimal.

Don’t use their own to scatter other peoples plan.

Let the Law carry it course. If unah do anyhow unah go see anyhow oo

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by rozayx5(m): 6:51am On Aug 29, 2019
Our life is not linked to America

I don't breathe American air

There are fraudsters in all countries
If they want to stereotype cause of this , then all Americans should be denied visa globally cause they are psycho mass killers
FCK America

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by kogi2010: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2019
Even b4 his issue we find it difficult to travel I travelled to South Africa some year I was not happy d way I was treated just because im a holder of dat green passport

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by davidadenrele: 6:52am On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=skedman post=81710988]The igbo are the one who will face this challenge
They know them[/quote

My brother no be only igbo go face the challenges ooo we are all going to face it, after all you carry a Nigerian passport, your identity card nko?? is it not Nigerian if am given another opportunity in heaven for another lifetime to choose a country of destinatination aaah i go shine my eyes well.....well anything that start from "N" not to talk .....geria!!! i go avoid like a mad dog!!!
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by dikeizu1(m): 6:52am On Aug 29, 2019
Ewu

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by FamousMonk: 6:52am On Aug 29, 2019
I honestly don't care..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by iamapplord(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2019
skedman:
The igbo are the one who will face this challenge
They know them

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Teejayphillip(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=iamapplord post=81712457][/quote]

Oga stop being tribalistic here.... Whether they are Igbos or not they are NIGERIANS.

The Saudi Arabia saga no b Yoruba full there pass?

Enough of dis tribal matter Abeg. We are one Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by dermmy(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2019
zed7:
While we condemn his actions, our atrocities are not as bad as the Soith American countries that destroyed the U.S with their drug trade. Panama, and Columbia have done 100 times what we will ever do.
Nor be we bad pass, our problem is just self hate. We hate each other and condemn each other. Even in something like a romantic affair, men and women scheme to outdo each other and bring each other down.
The question now is who do this to us for Naija? Other African countries ain't like this.

You said our atrocities are not as bad as the South Americans but we are about to overtake them. Or what do you think?
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Reference(m): 7:06am On Aug 29, 2019
We elect politicians without taskings.
We approve Ministers without vetting.
We title rich folks 'Millionaire' and 'Billionaire' instead of Dr, Engr, Mr. or just by their names because we are lovers of money rather than lovers of achievement. We are not driven by purpose, by excellence or by humanity. We are rather driven by greed and pride.

That is why we are custodians of corruption. We donot question riches, we donot seek the work, risk, effort or knowledge that should produce it because we donot like that. We are a nation of lazy folks who want it all, now. That is why people like him will surprise the Nigerian but will not surprise the American or European or Asian... just because they donot live like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nnemuka(f): 7:06am On Aug 29, 2019
skedman:
The igbo are the one who will face this challenge
They know them
When I was very active on nairaland few years back, I was like you.
Nairaland bigots made me hate yorubas and other tribes and it almost affected my relationship with them outside here.
Until I left and purged my senses of the hate here. As I speak, my biggest client are Yorubas here.
They patronize me and my bro who is a business man and importer has mostly Northern customers who patronize his business in millions.
The best you can do for yourself is purge your senses of this Igbo hate and see.beyond What Nairaland bigots are projecting.
Criminals are everywhere in every tribe
The earlier u stop seeing it as an igbo thing, the better

10 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by GoldChest(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Very stupid write up

Very very stupid .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by thundafire: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2019
Shibaraba:
Only a loser admits that his destiny lies in the hands of another.
Wilbur and Orville wright (inventors of the aeroplane) broke so many bones and were actually banned from making another invention due to the dangers but here we are. If them like make 200 invictuses scam Yankee.. I go still make am. Him own no disturb my own.
If America no give visa so what?
If them no allow us seminars and whatever so what?
They can lick my black blokos for all I care.
We have been surviving and we can survive this.
America no be heaven.
Upon their big tech small country like naija dey pepper them. Shameful

As for Invictus and Co one wish for una.
May lubricants be far from you when you need it most
Especially when receiving it from the rear
dis ur last paragraph really got me laughing even though am hungry sef lol
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by bigx(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2019
Self fulfilling prophecy?

He committed the crime, the consequences are his alone.
The US has billionaire fraudsters and US citizens don't pay for their crimes.

Lets stop all this na poor we poor if not we won't care

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 29, 2019
Una don come again. Nigerians are not getting visa because they plan to overstay and wont come back

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by thundafire: 7:13am On Aug 29, 2019
zed7:
While we condemn his actions, our atrocities are not as bad as the Soith American countries that destroyed the U.S with their drug trade. Panama, and Columbia have done 100 times what we will ever do.
Nor be we bad pass, our problem is just self hate. We hate each other and condemn each other. Even in something like a romantic affair, men and women scheme to outdo each other and bring each other down.
The question now is who do this to us for Naija? Other African countries ain't like this.
I get you but Drugs and scamming people through fake life are two different things entirely dey USA have a special force for dey South American guys who torment dem with drugs

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by meobizy(f): 7:14am On Aug 29, 2019
His arrest changed nothing for me. My freelance clients remain loyal the same way they were three years ago. I still get new contracts and steadily rejected on the regular. Does it mean the people I work for don’t keep up with the news?

I believe his arrest was a big thing here because of his place in society. In Yankee he was a small fry who was caught like any other scammer. Life goes on.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Kiezodumah(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2019
Pls has anyone been able to apply for NDLEA recruitment here ??.. Having difficulty doing that
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2019
YoungFr:
can someone tell us what's so special about the so called US, or is it not the same US that are fighting White Supremacist, US giving Visa is like signing your dead warrant cos you can be shoot anytime
Traveling from Lagos to Benin you can get shot while getting shot.
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by stanley000: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2019
Provide evidence of his arrest stop hyping news it won't go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2019
Dpharisee:
A ship sank in Cross River with hundreds of Nigerians missing, how come we are not talking about it, how come it's how to nail a particular tribe that is our priority.

How come IPOB and Invictus stories continue to make the headlines day after while no articles are written on the fate of those Nigerians in that ill-fated ship.
How come government officials are making statements about how EFCC should extradite all the Igbos indicted by FBI to America but no official statement has been released on the tragedy.

How come no federal search and rescue mission has been launched for the victims of that ship mishap, instead a lot of time is focused on subtle anti Igbo sentiments.
Why is Nigeria like this?

Nigeria is Hell.
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by zone51: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2019
coluka:
Bloggers will use every inventive way to milk this invictus story until it becomes like that whale they butchered in bayelsa

I tire oh!... the story is getting overflogged angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by madridguy(m): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2019
This is Nigeria. No one care about the victims of the ill fated ship and their family. Always looking for means to attack ourselves via tribe and religion.

Dpharisee:
A ship sank in Cross River with hundreds of Nigerians missing, how come we are not talking about it, how come it's how to nail a particular tribe that is our priority.

How come IPOB and Invictus stories continue to make the headlines day after while no articles are written on the fate of those Nigerians in that ill-fated ship.
How come government officials are making statements about how EFCC should extradite all the Igbos indicted by FBI to America but no official statement has been released on the tragedy.

How come no federal search and rescue mission has been launched for the victims of that ship mishap, instead a lot of time is focused on subtle anti Igbo sentiments.
Why is Nigeria like this?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Ewedegubbler: 7:31am On Aug 29, 2019
Nigerians Amongst 22 Busted in NJ Credit Card Crime Ring
TWENTY-two people, including a Hudson County jail nurse, were processed in court today as part of a large investigation into a multi-state, multimillion-dollar credit card fraud ring by the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office and other agencies.
The arrests were made Wednesday morning, the result of a seven-months investigation according to Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino.

Of the 22 people charged today, 21 appeared in Central Judicial Processing court via video link from the Hudson County jail. The nurse who works at the county jail in Kearny, Oladayo Araromi, was being held at Essex County jail and did not appear in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City.

Araromi was arrested Wednesday morning at the jail by Secret Service agents, Hudson County spokesman Jim Kennelly said today. Araromi has worked at the jail for just under two years and is paid $79,298 a year. Kennelly said, adding she has been suspended without pay.

All 22 people have been charged with theft by deception, wrongful impersonation, and conspiracy charges.

Bail was set by Hudson County Superior Court Judge Joseph Isabella prior to their appearances in court.

Those held on $500,000 bail include: Henry Abdul, Olanasseur Adekoya, Ibrahim Akaba, Aglaide Alzuptar, Olushola Ayeni, Olutoya Babatunde, Ahaneta Bertrand, Gotbgo Dahnsan, Yves Desir, Fontessa Foreman, Vladimir Francois, Kossi Klutse, Evan Morris, Orwells Oyakhire, and Michael Assih.

Those held on $1 million bail include: Adegbda Adedeji, Oladapo Araromi, David Brown, Oluwaseun Jato, Olamide Otti and Bolair Ola.

Bail for Araromi was not immediately available.

Rubino said yesterday the early-morning raids involved more than 160 law enforcement officers from several state, county and local agencies.

The victims involved are from across the nation, Rubino said, adding that the ring generated nearly $1 million per month.

Additional details about the investigation have not been released.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by livinbygrace: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2019
Enough of this nonsense,You blogger just writing rubbish just to get traffic.Invituss is not the first Nigerian to commit crime .Thousands of Nigerians have been arrested and convicted.Heaven did not fall,Read about Emmanuel Nwude,Anajemba and co,then you will know this is a child"s play.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Kidme: 7:37am On Aug 29, 2019
superior1:
I am a frequent traveler and already used to the harassments once I produce my green P. Let just say the dude only added sugar to a tea cup full with sweetner

Exactly my brother, nothing new anymore.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by maestroferddi: 7:43am On Aug 29, 2019
Pettiness everywhere...
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Judybash93(m): 7:49am On Aug 29, 2019
Inasmuch as Invitus has done what he has done, i don't think it's enough excuse to pull every damn Nigerian down.
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by TechCapon(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2019
meobizy:
His arrest changed nothing for me. My freelance clients remain loyal the same way they were three years ago. I still get new contracts and steadily rejected on the regular. Does it mean the people I work for don’t keep up with the news?

I believe his arrest was a big thing here because of his place in society. In Yankee he was a small fry who was caught like any other scammer. Life goes on.
fiverr?
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by wink2015(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Forbes celebrated Abuja based “entrepreneur” and CEO of Invictus group, Obinwanne “Invictus” Obi Okeke who rose to fame after he appeared on the cover of Forbes in 2016. Later that same year, he appeared on Forbes Africa “30 under 30” list as a billionaire and “inspiring” entrepreneur. Early in the month of August, he was arrested by the FBI after a 13-month investigation and the aftermath of that arrest has been massive. He reportedly stole over $11 million (N3.7 billion) from Unatrac Holding Limited. Apart from the 77 Nigerian fraudsters arrested and declared wanted by the FBI, hard-working Nigerians are also feeling the heat of his fraudulent activities.

In this post, TechCapon will take out time to explain 5 major ways Nigerian entrepreneurs will be affected by his arrest.

1. NIGERIANS WHO DO ONLINE BUSINESSES AND FREELANCERS WILL BE AFFECTED:

Those honest Nigerians who engage in several online businesses and transaction should brace for the hard times ahead. This is because the level of trust foreigners now have for Nigerians at the moment is next to zero.

2. FUTURE NIGERIAN STARTUPS WILL FACE CHALLENGES IN GETTING FUNDS

The biggest challenge facing Nigerian Startups and entrepreneurs is accessing of funds. That challenge is even about to get more critical as new Startups will face a massive challenge in accessing funds from investors such as Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists because our reputation is already destroyed.

3. CHALLENGES IN GETTING VISA APPLICATIONS FOR NIGERIAN TRAVELLERS

Massive sweep in Via rejections has already started hitting Nigerians really hard. Especially for the USA and Europeans countries. Since our reputation has already been destroyed, foreign embassies will make it more difficult to gain access to their countries slamming the door shut in the face of honest Nigerians.

4. REDUCTION IN INVITATIONS TO LEADERSHIP GATHERINGS

Invictus Obi attended almost all the major leadership gatherings for African Entrepreneurs. He spoke at the Wharton Africa Business Forum. The forum brings successful entrepreneurs together to discuss ways to push Africa forward. A year later Invictus was a speaker at Yaba TEDx in Lagos (DNA OF THE NIGERIAN ENTREPRENEUR). After his widely publicized arrest, big organizations will definitely think twice before inviting other Nigerian entrepreneurs for any major event.

5. ESCALATED VICTIMIZATION AND INTIMIDATION OF YOUNG MEN BY SARS

This is the most obvious one on the list as we see it happen every day. Almost every young man on the street who dress well is a yahoo boy as far as policemen are concerned. You drive a Mercedes Benz your name is sorry and better don’t wear dreadlocks while driving it. That’s what the country has been reduced to for Nigerians.

Do you know other ways the arrest of Invictus Obi can affect honest Nigerians, let us know in the comment section?

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/5-ways-how-the-arrest-of-invictus-obi-will-affect-nigerian-entrepreneurs/

FIRE AND WATER DO NOT MIX.

YOU CAN NOT DINE WITH GOD AND WITH SATAN AT THE SAME TIME !

Invictus mix this two unrelated variables and he lost his good name for life.

WHAT A SAD WAY TO END HIS GLORIOUS DAYS !
Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Martinez39(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2019
Jesuspikin8:
Anyone who thinks I'm criminal because some modafucker called Invictus is one, can shove that opinion up their ass undecided
Lol. You must learn to see things from different perspectives. Put yourself in the shoes of the foreigners for a moment. If, for many years till now, people from a particular group have been scamming people and are known for fraud and other illegal activities, would it be unreasonable to be cautious when you meet any member of that group?

They don't hate you because you are Nigerian or black, track record of crimes by Nigerians makes them cautious for their own safety. There has been crime and hardship in Nigeria, what did the good people do about? Did they change things? So next time you mention that you are Nigerian to a white man and he gets afraid, know that it's not his fault. No mumu would lower their guards down to give you benefit of doubt, if such person gets burnt nko? Do you know how many foreigners are in deep regret because they gave Nigerians benefit to doubt?

Don't hate.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Grupo(m): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2019
meobizy:

I'm also a freelancer, and I have not noticed any difference. Nigeria doesn't have any image to start with. So I don't understand what all these bloggers are writing.

It's only in naija that this news is making waves. 95% of Americans don't know Invictus Obi, neither have they heard about his news.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Rocks Nigerian Jersey To Support Eagles / Naira Depreciates By N2 Against Dollar / How To Make Money Running A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.