Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:03 PM

God Has Promised To Be With You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Has Promised To Be With You (153 Views)

When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / Cherubim And Seraphim Church Prophet Has Promised To Reveal What Happened At Lek / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Has Promised To Be With You by VLadipo: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2019
‘As I was with Moses, so I will be with you.’ Joshua 1:5 NIV

The Bible says, ‘After the death of Moses… the Lord said to Joshua… “Moses My servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them.”’ (Joshua 1:1–2 NIV) Joshua knew Moses was dead, and the Israelites knew it too. So why did God remind him? Because Joshua wasn’t just following a leader, he was following a legend. Moses had been Israel’s security blanket for forty years. He was the definitive go-to guy. He’d led an entire generation out of 400 years of captivity in a single night. He’d parted a sea with the wave of a walking stick. He’d prayed and God rained down bread from Heaven each day. When the nation was about to die of thirst, he’d struck a rock and water filled canteens.

By any measurement, Moses was a massive success. But why? Was it his ingenuity? His creativity? His genius? No, it was the presence of God in his life. But now Moses was gone. For Joshua, that was bad news. But the good news was that God remained. ‘No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.’

You say, ‘But that’s an Old Testament promise.’ Then read this: ‘For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.’ (2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV) Today God has promised to be with you. Believe Him!

SoulFood: Ezek 16:53–19:14, Matt 22:1–14, Ps 103:13–22, Pro 19:17

You have just read "The Word for Today" Devotional for August 29, 2019. For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday, September 9, 2019 / The Prosperity Of Your Finances And Health Depends On The Prosperity Of Ur Soul. / Overcoming Stress 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.