Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody (27621 Views)

Mother: "Seun Ajila Was A Virgin On Her Period, Raped & Stabbed To Death" / Boyfriend Of Oluwaseun Ajila Arrested Over Her Murder / Ajila Seun Fionna Raped And Stabbed To Death In Ondo(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by APCHaram: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2019
theButterfly:
Acquitted and freed? Totally ridiculous.

This is Nigeria.

You will be surprised to know that a vast majority in prison are innocent.

The Police investigation is to blame.

They probably just rushed to arrest someone merely by affiliation to the victim without any proper investigation.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by APCHaram: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2019
Flier:
Its possible if they can find a new evidence against him

No. An acquittal means he has been exonerated from her murder.

Every other person on earth can be indicted but not him.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Kpilo101: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2019
Flier:
That is probably the reason but Nigerians won’t stop crying foul play
That's naija for you
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2019
Las las bail has been paid ransom collected cased closed, file missing
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Deejaygold(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2019
Mrsheff:
Court has turned to shop where buying and selling is allowed.. Perhaps the suspects is influential be that. Don't be surprise if Evan is walking freely on the street...Naija my country everywhere is corruption..

shocked
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by ChristmasBells: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
brightballer:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/29/suspect-death-20-year-old-ondo-model-released-prison-custody

Whoever is behind the death of this innocent girl he or she will never go unponished you may try to excape justice due to the curupt system of this country but you can never excape the judment of GOD ALMIGHTY Those who are behind the release of this suspect you and your acomplice will be victims of this same evil you shall be exposed and totally disgraced from the force in JESUS NAME if you agree with this prayer gather here now! and say AMEN With your likes May the wicked never go unpunished may JEHOVAH Cut short the life of who ever has cut this girls lifeshort in JESUS NAME!!
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Bellotelli: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
The guy could be innocent after all.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by fabienjoe: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
APCHaram:

No. An acquittal means he has been exonerated from her murder.

Every other person on earth can be indicted but not him.

No. He can't be rearraigned in the same court on the same evidence that was not enough to convict him but he can be rearraigned on fresh evidence linking him to the crime. There could be an appeal in a higher court on same evidence if the prosecution believes the lower court erred. However, this particular case is dead on arrival. The DPP could not find sufficient evidence for the trial. It could be the police did a shoddy job or that the suspect was actually innocent. But then, this being Nigeria, money may have exchanged hands.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please I humbly call on all nairalnaders to help me look into my problem, its driving me suicidal

https://www.nairaland.com/5385546/all-neighbours-children-hot/4#81721971
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Okoroawusa: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
To all of you shouting injustice upandan...

Take a moment n think... suppose this young man is innocent... just think
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by APCHaram: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
fabienjoe:

No. He can't be rearraigned in the same court on the same evidence that was not enough to convict him but he can be rearraigned on fresh evidence linking him to the crime. There could be an appeal in a higher court on same evidence if the prosecution believes the lower court erred. However, this particular case is dead on arrival. The DPP could not find sufficient evidence for the trial. It could be the police did a shoddy job or that the suspect was actually innocent. But then, this being Nigeria, money may have exchanged hands.

He was discharged and acquitted!

The scenario you are referencing only occurs if he was only discharged and this occurs when there is enough evidence to convict him beyond reasonable doubt.

Deji was discharged and acquitted for murder when he was in ABU but the stupid APC govt reopened the case just to silence him and from there he was remanded in Kano prison. That case has been dropped as no judge or prosecuted dare re-arraign him again and that was why they released him.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Ugosample(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
PlayerMeji:
Who would believe that Umar Abmutalab is serving his 10th year in prison in the US already.

Remember him? The underwear bomber who almost blew a US plane in 2009.

Yeah, he is serving 4 lifetime sentences and he is already on his 10th year.

Alas, that's not the case for Nigeria. Remember Evans, the billionaire kidnapper, his case is over 2 years old and the court are yet to decide whether to make a decision or not.

That's the difference between the Western world and the third world country.. Quick dispensation of Justice. It would deter almost anyone who stand to gain anything in corruption but here that is only applicable to the poor...

it's a shame really

third world nigger countries
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Larrykaysail(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
Dreal1247:
In this country, the innocent suffers more while the notorious criminals are always set free. The people who handed him over to the police are now in problem.
not only in Nigeria , even is western countries
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by olumalcolm(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
He might actually be innocent but cos of the attitude of our security forces and the rot in the judicial system we find it hard to bliv cases like dis. If dis had happened in the US, some pple condemning d police wuld have applauded them but the opposite is d case here. In as much as i detest rape cos there are more than enof ladies out there to have fun with, i dnt bliv dis guy can rape dat lady to death except she has a health related issue maybe SS or smtin. One man cannot rape one woman to death. Lets learn to be considerate b4 we pass judgement cos so many have lost their life and so many are in jail for crimes they know notin about cos of this kinda thinking or judgement process. PLSSSSS
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by wizod(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
Have you seen why i'm in love wit jungle justice. Had it been he was mobbed dat day, we won't be hearing dis trash because he who kills, deserves to die
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by tiredoflife(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
ChristmasBells:
Whoever is behind the death of this innocent girl he or she will never go unponished you may try to excape justice due to the curupt system of this country but you can never excape the judment of GOD ALMIGHTY Those who are behind the release of this suspect you and your acomplice will be victims of this same evil you shall be exposed and totally disgraced from the force in JESUS NAME if you agree with this prayer gather here now! and say AMEN With your likes May the wicked never go unpunished may JEHOVAH Cut short the life of who ever has cut this girls lifeshort in JESUS NAME!!

Oga shut up
So becos he was arrested makes him a killer
May u be arrested for a case u know nothing about
May u not be let go even as u claim innocent

Airhead
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by ifeolamide00(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
He has been released long ago NH, he has been around for over 4months now
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by WriterX(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
Flier:
Its possible if they can find a new evidence against him

it might be hard even with evidence , once acquited Bern indicted for that same crime a second time is extremely hard and rare in the US the second trial demands evidences beyond any sort of reasonable doubt in the court of law before they can agree to a second trail and if deemed might go with a jury to decide the verdict .

in other words it is very difficult to get a retrial

1 Like

Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Lammyz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
He was once my Department's Social Director. Heard he was freed by the court. I was surprised when I saw this thread on Nairaland
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by ChristmasBells: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
tiredoflife:

Oga shut up

Airhead
Shut that your demonic flies infested roten mouth of yours now befor the wrath of GOD Decend on you and your kind people like you who are demon possed are the once who rape and murder innocent girls as for your demon inspired prayer back to sender to you...if it was your younger sister it happend to you wnt speak in such manner go get deliverd my dear from your comment its obvious you are possed! yot
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by ChristmasBells: 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
tiredoflife:

Oga shut up

Airhead
Shut that your demonic flies infested roten mouth of yours now befor the wrath of GOD Decend on you and your kind people like you who are demon possed are the once who rape and murder innocent girls as for your demon inspired prayer back to sender to you...if it was your younger sister it happend to you wnt speak in such manner go get deliverd my dear from your comment its obvious you are possed! yoU better repent now and go for deliverance while you still can!
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by ChristmasBells: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
tiredoflife:

Oga shut up

Airhead
If you where not possed and demon inspired go and read my post again i said who ever killed i did not declare him the killer i also said who ever freed the suspect he is a suspect he has not been found guilty of the aligations you where so quick to jump into conclusion because you where under a demonic influence may the lord GOD Almighty deliver and set you free from every demonic possesion in JESUS NAME!
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
His nickname is scope and I can confirm to you that he hasn’t learn his lesson... First day he got back to school, he already took a girl to his new place and was encouraging me to sleep with the girls roommate also. I pity the boy when he was telling me his story though
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
I know the boy though and according to the story he told me, no case to answer truly because there was no concrete evidence he killed the girl
coolh
PlayerMeji:
Who would believe that Umar Abmutalab is serving his 10th year in prison in the US already.

Alas, that's not the case for Nigeria. Remember Evans, the billionaire kidnapper, his case is over 2 years old and the court are yet to decide whether to make a decision or not.

That's the difference between the Western world and the third world country.. Quick dispensation of Justice. It would deter almost anyone who stand to gain anything in corruption but here that is only applicable to the poor...
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Venerable612(m): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
PlayerMeji:

I absolutely agree with you - but the problem is usually not with the Court.

The courts do not prosecute cases. Police or the Ministry of Justice do.... and when the Ministry of Justice prosecute cases - it’s usually based on the evidence and investigations of the Police. In essence, the Police’s shuddy investigation causes most of the delay in bringing accused persons to book.

For instance - in the present case - the suspect was released based on a No case to answer. The meaning of No case to answer is that a prima facie case has not been made to warrant prosecuting him for the alleged offence. Put simply - No sufficient evidence at all.

So if you want to see criminals brought to book - train the IPOs to do their job effectively. Sadly, there is no technology in the Police force to aid their investigations.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Venerable612(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
kizzieJR:
I know the boy though and according to the story he told me, no case to answer truly because there was no concrete evidence he killed the girl
coolh

From the story he told you, did he had sex with the lady?

And did he see her on the day she died?
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by Venerable612(m): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
WriterX:

it might be hard even with evidence , once acquited Bern indicted for that same crime a second time is extremely hard and rare in the US the second trial demands evidences beyond any sort of reasonable doubt in the court of law before they can agree to a second trail and if deemed might go with a jury to decide the verdict .

in other words it is very difficult to get a retrial

From the story - he was not tried at all!

He was only placed on remand pending the advice of the DPP. So nothing like retrial here... if the police were to get enough evidence - he will be formally charged to court. He was released because the police could not make up a case to warrant prosecution.

In any case, I doubt there can be any evidence l. In the West, an autopsy will be conducted to find if there are semens in her body and whose semens. But I doubt wehave the kind of technology to detect such... and even if we do, there is no database for the citizens so nothing to crosschefk the semens with. No CCTV, and I am not sure they saw the murder weapon; even if they do, no database to crosscheck the finger prints with.

Nigeria is messed up. There’s no justice anywhere
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by shogsman(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ajila was a very gentle girl,this country is embarrassing.
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by WriterX(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
Venerable612:

From the story - he was not tried at all!

He was only placed on remand pending the advice of the DPP. So nothing like retrial here... if the police were to get enough evidence - he will be formally charged to court. He was released because the police could not make up a case to warrant prosecution.

In any case, I doubt there can be any evidence l. In the West, an autopsy will be conducted to find if there are semens in her body and whose semens. But I doubt wehave the kind of technology to detect such... and even if we do, there is no database for the citizens so nothing to crosschefk the semens with. No CCTV, and I am not sure they saw the murder weapon; even if they do, no database to crosscheck the finger prints with.

Nigeria is messed up. There’s no justice anywhere

well said
Re: Oluwaseun Ajila: Ebenezer Adejumola Released From Prison Custody by NewsBlast: 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
PlayerMeji:

That Abdumutalab's punishment is even worse than death. 4 life time of solitary confinement! Some people dont even know the gravity. He wont make cotact with a single soul forever; not even the prison warders or fellow prisoners... They pass him food with machines, he'll never know how day light means.. And if he dies and survies, they throw him back there... For lifetimes without seeing a single human. No phone no nothing... Its even worse than being trapped in an island cuz there you can even talk with the birds... Choi... Even rat sef e wont see... Its just him and his conscience forever and ever... Thats hell.

So basically, he's going to heaven or hell from there. The person that invented this kind of punishment must be a psychologist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Deported From India After Giving 17yrs old Boy Cocaine to Smuggle(p / Gunmen Kidnap Corpse & Mourners In Enugu, Demand ₦50M Ransom / Governor Tambuwal sympathises with student whose two hands were Chopped Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.