Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State (51814 Views)

Auxiliary To Police: You Can't Declare Me Wanted, Seyi Makinde My Destiny Helper / The Bishop Oyedepo N650 Million Road Construction Vs Federal Government! / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by spafu(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nice one

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Caleb17: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
The amount he will embezzle as governor is one billion times more than 650k.. infact the daily expenses of mankinde and nuclear family is far more than that.. He thinks he is talking to primary school kids

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by SoNature(m): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
If this man continues like this, he will change the face of governance in Nigeria.

No, he should not be a governor.

He deserves to be the president!

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by TSRC: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
A permanent Secretary that cannot be satisfied with 400,000 naira as monthly salary will never be satisfied with millions.

Stop justifying corruption with poor renumerations which are not even poor in the first place.

Nigerian senators are one of the highest paid in the world and yet they are still highly corrupt.

Better don't over bloat your state debt in the name of better pay for highly paid civil servants.
A thief is a thief regardless of pay.
A saint is a saint regardless of pay.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by DejiSantos: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nobody cares.

We want to know about how you will change infrastructure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3DbRA0Tzg

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by blackboy(m): 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
Im beginning to love this man. How many public officers have come out like this?
GSM increasing salary wont make someone to stop stealing or corruption. Put in place special prisons and harsh punishments for those who steal or engage in corrupt practices.God will help you. PMB and his pastor vice said they wont collect full salary in 2015 till date they have kept quiet about it.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Okeyc230: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
I remember Lamidi Adedibu and security vote. I also remember that Baba kills cow everyday after getting his own stipend.
Please fix Iwo road ooooooooo.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Youthleader22(m): 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
Other governors should follow suit. What are they afraid of? Thiefs

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
mideji:
I think the salary structure is made by the FG, how is he going to do it.
by state assembly not fg

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by SoNature(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:
A permanent Secretary that cannot be satisfied with 400,000 naira as monthly salary will never be satisfied with millions.

Stop justifying corruption with poor renumerations which are not even poor in the first place.

Nigerian senators are one of the highest paid in the world and yet they are still highly corrupt.

Better don't over bloat your state debt in the name of better pay for highly paid civil servants.

Uncle, N400k is not a lot of money.

I know how much I earn as a single guy, let alone when I have a family.

If Oyo State can afford it, they deserve a raise.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by IYANGBALI: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
The pace setter in everything

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by TSRC: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
SoNature:

Uncle, N400k is not a lot of money.

I know how much I earn as a single guy, let alone when I have a family.

If Oyo State can afford it, they deserve a raise.
Have you check the debt profile of that state?
It is neck deep in debt.
The cost of living in Oyo state is not that high. One of the lowest in the country.

400,000 should be enough for a good honest man to raise a family in Oyo.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Okeyc230: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
I remember Adedibu Lamidi. I also remember what makes him sweat. I can still remember security vote and daily slaughtering of cow.

Please fix iwo road for us

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Youthleader22(m): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
yarimo:
Temptation temptation and temptation, From MAKINDE expression it's clear he has made up his mind to finish OYO state treasury.

I know you... Buhari stooge. The Hausa/Fulani people that hate the word RESTRUCTURING

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by barragan: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
If they increase the salary to 5M monthly will it stop them from stealing billions?

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by BluntBoy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
650k should be enough for any governor in Nigeria. Things that sap salaries are the basic things of life like shelter, clothing and food and governors enjoy these basic necessities free of charge. They don't even pay electricity bills from their salaries nor do they fuel their convoys.

If he wants to review salaries, all fine. But he should take care not to be like some who are groveling for Federal funds to pay salaries. He should also be contended with his own basic salaries. 650k is enough for him.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by wink2015(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
TITOPE:
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has disclosed that his monthly salary as the state governor is N650,000.

He, therefore, declared his readiness to tackle poor remuneration in the state’s civil service.

Makinde made this declaration while addressing the newly sworn-in Commissioners in the state as he reiterated his commitment towards finding a lasting solution to the issue of poor remuneration in the civil service.

He maintained that poor remuneration packages could be counterproductive to anti-corruption initiatives.

The Governor stated that under his leadership, it would not be business as usual, as he would do everything possible to ensure that workers in the state were not exposed to the temptations of corruption.

He said, “We do have challenges and I can give you an example of the kind of issues that we are faced with. When I was on the podium being sworn-in, I announced that I was donating my salary to the pension board. I actually thought my salary was going to be like N3 or N4 million monthly but when I came in here, I discovered that my salary is only six hundred and fifty naira (N650,000) monthly, which is less than two thousand dollars ($2,000). And then, I have a budget of over five hundred million dollars.

“How can somebody earning $24,000 a year preside over a five hundred million dollar budget? The temptation is just too high.

“When I was growing up, anytime I saw permanent secretaries and top civil servants, all around with their entourage, jeeps, Land cruisers, I thought they were making it big because I was driving Peugeot or Toyota Camry.

“But when I came in here, the salary of Permanent Secretaries is under N500,000 per month; in such an environment where you have contractors coming with big temptations. The expectation is just too great and high. But the good news is, we will find a solution to this. It’s going to business unusual in Oyo State.”

He charged all the new Commissioners in the state to key into his vision and manifesto of accelerated development of Oyo State, adding that the administration would conduct business in an unusual manner that would change the narrative about governance in the state.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/08/makinde-declares-n650000-as-salary-is.html

NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY WILL NOT BE FOR EVER!

BY THE TIME NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY STOPS FLOWING TO OYO STATE.

That means THINGS GO RED O!

The N650,000 Monthly salary that the governor is looking like chicken change, peanut, stipend etc will become a trillion dollars in is very eyes.

Oyo state and its political leaders should start brainstorming on the "OYO BEYOND CRUDE OIL VISION"

They should start facing massive Agriculture with all seriousness.

Get the tractors, get the technical know how.

Anything beyond this is begging for troubles.

A stitch in time saves 9.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by 2sexycom(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
OritaIbadan:

See his mouth, face the reality son
but he has a point

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Wolexdey(m): 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
With the way this guy is going with wonderful masses orientation project..... He might be assassinated

Your statement is terrible and ridiculous.
Are you the one to assassinate him...

Rubbish!!

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
helinues:
Why not tell us the rubber stamped amount... Billions of what?
Politicians will always remain politicians

I only 2 know his security vote grin

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Divit(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
MrPolitics:

Each state makes up their own salary structure.
FG is only I charge of federal workers salaries.
That’s why some governors are insisting they’re not paying the 30k minimum wage

All what you say here contradicts one another. How can the Feds be in charge of an event and a governor object to it?! undecided makes no sense.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
may God continue to protect you. they said good trees doesn't last in forest but you will over last to restore the glory of great Oyo back

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Carlyscales: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
With the way this guy is going with wonderful masses orientation project..... He might be assassinated

They can try but never will they succeed.
Abeg let's have a breath of something new and different

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by franchasng: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
Great Yoruba man, not the thief called BAT that Yoruba youths are worshipping.

These are leadership materials, just like Adesina but Yorubas prefer the thief of Bourdillion just because he shares free peanut money to them from the billions he loots daily from their commonwealth, what a people cry

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Okeyc230: 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
fix iwo road

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Timothyoj(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Firstly, I like his kind of Governance, he is trying to be different and also be a better Governor. But the issue is the salary he mentioned which is apparently not the total package as a Governor. This might be his NET PAY while his GROSS PAY is definitely in millions.

Secondly, It would be nice of him to elevate the basic amenities/Facilities (Good Roads, Electricity and the likes) in the state cutting across all local government in Oyo state. Oyo state is massively massive as a state, in fact, Ibadan alone is enough to stand as a state.

Governor Makinde, you are rich enough even before you became the Governor (Worth over 50 Billion Naira), so pls focus more on the people and better the economies of the state.

God help you, Amen.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Gazzy88(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

As an 'elder statesman' that you're, provide a solution and let's learn from you. You all kuku think politics and governance is your childish zanku and shakushaku dances.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Angelfrost(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
For a minute there, I thought he was gonna be completely honest about his complete take home every month... Since he chose to tell us the one tenth of what he actually makes as governor, no wahala... Kudos to him. undecided

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Brunicekid(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
650k monthly salary when there are loads of allowances?

Governor Makinde should tell us the allowances he receives in addition to the salary. It will shock many of us that the allowances even pass salary self.

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by planetx: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
But you live in a free house, eat free food, drive official cars, free medical. What do you need a big salary for.

Man Ate At A Canteen In Kano & Paid N30, Mob Threatened To Beat Him / APC Used Fake Picture For Buhari Visit To Kaduna / INEC Releases Names Of Senators-elect (see List)