Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah (1303 Views)

Striving Hard, Competing For Good Deeds In Ramadaan – Shaykh Ibn Baaz / How To Sleep According To The Sunnah / How We Are To Have Sex With Our Wives In Accordance To Sunnah- Friday Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by AbuTwins: 10:54am On Aug 29, 2019
Here is a call on us to keep striving to follow the ways of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam).

If a Muslim is asked "How do you pray?" "How do you fast?" "How is Hajj done?" "How is Zakat done?"
The answer is always "All acts of worship are done as the Prophet did them". Hence, we pray as the Prophet prayed. We fast as he fasted. We follow his Sunnah.

Why follow the Sunnah?
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

There are several other verses like this stating the obligation of obedience to the Prophet.

As Allah says:
Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.(Quran 33:21)

Hence we all need to follow him as Muslims. Following him need to be full-time not Part-time.

Allah says:
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. (Qur'an 2:208)

We are in the last few days of Dhul Hijjah and a new Islamic year is about to start. Shun any kind of special prayers organised by some of the local clerics. The Sunnah is to continue your du'as as you do previously before without innovation. And there is no New Year celebration in Islam.

We ask Allah to grant us understanding of the deen. Aamin.

3 Likes

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
The so-called sunnah is no longer applicable in this modern era. You cannot live the life of an illiterate arab man in this 21st century.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by AlBaqir(m): 5:22am On Sep 01, 2019
true2god:
The so-called sunnah is no longer applicable in this modern era. You cannot live the life of an illiterate arab man in this 21st century.

How's Sunnah not applicable in this modern era?

1 Like

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by denziz: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2019
I would have suggested you state the sunnah with proofs as these would serve as constant reminder to people
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
AlBaqir:

How's Sunnah not applicable in this modern era?
These are the few reasons:

1). Collecting jizya from the dhimmi (Quran 9:29).

2). Forbidding the dhimmi from repairing old churches or building new ones.

3). Drinking camel urine to solve malaria problems are prescribed by the holy prophet.

4). Beating wives to maintain domestic discipline (Quran 4:34).

5). Wearing trousers not touching the angle; a common practice among the 'tabliqs'.

6). Triple talak to divorce a Muslim woman.

7). Taking sex slaves slaves and transacting on slaves.

cool. Fighting for the sake of Allah and his messenger.

9). Hating the infidels for the sake for Allah. etc.

There are more I can't highlight now for the sake of time and convenience.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2019
true2god:
and this dude abandoned Jesus Sunnah in the old testament but trying to frustrate muslims. I wonder why you abandoned your biblical Sharia laws. Too shameful to apply them in modern era?
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
Empiree:
and this dude abandoned Jesus Sunnah in the old testament but trying to frustrate muslims. I wonder why you abandoned your biblical Sharia laws. Too shameful to apply them in modern era?
We are talking about the sunnah of the Islamic prophet and not the sunnah of Jesus. You have started again with your diversion. Face the topic bro and tell us how the sunnah is still relevant in this robotic age.

1 Like

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
true2god:
We are talking about the sunnah of the Islamic prophet and not the sunnah of Jesus. You have started again with your diversion. Face the topic bro and tell us how the sunnah is still relevant in this robotic age.
You should be asking yourself why your are so concerned about Islam and it's Sunnah?. Sunnah your are trying to relegate we practiced by ancient Christianity as well. So what's your point?. Who outside what you mentioned today?.

Kettle says pot is black, abeg, what difference does it make. Go back to your Christian Sunnah in the first pic

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
Empiree:
You should be asking yourself why your are so concerned about Islam and it's Sunnah?. Sunnah your are trying to relegate we practiced by ancient Christianity as well. So what's your point?. Who outside what you mentioned today?.

Kettle says pot is black, abeg, what difference does it make. Go back to your Christian Sunnah in the first pic
We are talking about 'striving to follow the sunnah' and you are diverting issues as if you just got a job at LASTMA. Tell us the benefits of the sunnah in 2019 or keep kwayet.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
true2god:
We are talking about 'striving to follow the sunnah' and you are diverting issues as if you just got a job at LASTMA. Tell us the benefits of the sunnah in 2019 or keep kwayet.
my posts are meant to put in check. I ask again, tell us which muslim nation practice what you mentioned?. If they don't, just as much as you also have shamelessly abandoned your old ways which doesn't conform with modern norm, then you have no reason to criticize Islam. You chose and pick Sunnah you wish to criticize. That's too bad.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2019
Empiree:
my posts are meant to put in check. I ask again, tell us which muslim nation practice what you mentioned?. If they don't, just as much as you also have shamelessly abandoned your old ways which doesn't conform with modern norm, then you have no reason to criticize Islam. You chose and pick Sunnah you wish to criticize. That's too bad.
India Muslims, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, etc still practice triple talak, wife beating in accordance with the sunnah (Quran 4:34), hating the kafir, wearing trousers according to sunnah, keeping long beards according to the sunnah and even darkening the forehead as a sign of religious piety, also according to the sunnah of the prophet.

And as for asking the kafir to pay the jjzya and taking them as slaves and sex slaves, the ummah cannot fulfil this sunnah because the kafirs are now more powerful (militarily) than the ummah.

All sunnah is sunnnah because the sunnah of the Islamic prophet has no old testament or new testament sunnah hence they are belong to the same category.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
true2god:
India Muslims, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran, etc still practice triple talak, wife beating in accordance with the sunnah (Quran 4:34), hating the kafir, wearing trousers according to sunnah, keeping long beards according to the sunnah and even darkening the forehead as a sign of religious piety, also according to the sunnah of the prophet.

And as for asking the kafir to pay the jjzya and taking them as slaves and sex slaves, the ummah cannot fulfil this sunnah because the kafirs are now more powerful (militarily) than the ummah.

All sunnah is sunnnah because the sunnah of the Islamic prophet has no old testament or new testament sunnah hence they are belong to the same category.
see as you dey expressed your bitter frustrations. U that have power today why don't you enforce those laws in OT?. The only thing you enforced is your military might like those days. You shied away from the rest
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 03, 2019
true2god:

Don't post false info

In India triple talak is banned and carries a 5 year jail term.

Soon sharia will be banned too , under uniform civil code law , every citizen irrespective of their religion will be bound by one law only
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 4:49am On Sep 03, 2019
nemesis8u:

Don't post false info

In India triple talak is banned and carries a 5 year jail term.

Soon sharia will be banned too , under uniform civil code law , every citizen irrespective of their religion will be bound by one law only
Allahu Akbar! I don't know that India has finally banned 3talak, one of the sunnah of the prophet. Two years ago it was being debated in their national assembly. Good news for India and bad news for the ummah. Saudi Arabia will never ban 3talak; they would rather remain barbarians than abandoning any sunnah.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 4:54am On Sep 03, 2019
true2god:
Allahu Akbar! I don't know that India has finally banned 3talak, one of the sunnah of the prophet. Two years ago it was being debated in their national assembly. Good news for India and bad news for the ummah. Saudi Arabia will never ban 3talak; they would rather remain barbarians than abandoning any sunnah.
what do you understand about "3 talaq"?. Can you explain to us?
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2019
Empiree:
what do you understand about "3 talaq"?. Can you explain to us?
See below one of the hadith that validated this sunnah of the prophet:

Sahih Muslim 9:3493

Abu al-Sahba' said to Ibn 'Abbas: Enlighten us with your information whether the three divorces (pronounced at one and the same time) were not treated as one during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr.

He said: It was in fact so, but when during the caliphate of 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) people began to pronounce divorce frequently, he allowed them to do so (to treat pronouncements of three divorces in a single breath as one).

A Muslim man merely telling his wife: 'Talaq! Talaq!! Talaq!!!' is enough for the man to divorce his wife in line with the sunnah of the prophet. He can say it via text message, Facebook, twitter or Instagram, the intention remains the same: I DIVORCE YOU.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2019
true2god:
See below one of the hadith that validated this sunnah of the prophet:

Sahih Muslim 9:3493

Abu al-Sahba' said to Ibn 'Abbas: Enlighten us with your information whether the three divorces (pronounced at one and the same time) were not treated as one during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr.

He said: It was in fact so, but when during the caliphate of 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) people began to pronounce divorce frequently, he allowed them to do so (to treat pronouncements of three divorces in a single breath as one).

A Muslim man merely telling his wife: 'Talaq! Talaq!! Talaq!!!' is enough for the man to divorce his wife in line with the sunnah of the prophet. He can say it via text message, Facebook, twitter or Instagram, the intention remains the same: I DIVORCE YOU.
You are ólódó. You just don't understand what you quoted. 3 Talaq is not pronounced 3 times in a single sitting. This case was treated dinner I was a child. However, men will always be men when they wanna be selfish. 3 Talaq stretches for long periods of time at different times. Those Asian subcontinent have issues
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Empiree:
You are ólódó. You just don't understand what you quoted. 3 Talaq is not pronounced 3 times in a single sitting. This case was treated dinner I was a child. However, men will always be men when they wanna be selfish. 3 Talaq stretches for long periods of time at different times. Those Asian subcontinent have issues
The pakistanis and the Saudis do not understand the concept of 3talak but you do but never bothered to fully explain the rational and its importance in a marital and social relationship. Anyway, the issue of the 3talak is not the only sunnah of the prophet that does not make sense, how about the rest that I listed?
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
true2god:
The pakistanis and the Saudis do not understand the concept of 3talak but you do but never bothered to fully explain the rational and its importance in a marital and social relationship. Anyway, the issue of the 3talak is not the only sunnah of the prophet that does not make sense, how about the rest that I listed?
what's the rest?. You have motives and no matter what I say will fall in your deaf ears. I have just told you that 3 Talaq is not simultaneously pronounced in a single setting. You also failed to consider other Sharia obligations with regards to divorce. You quoted isolated Hadith and you wanted to derive meaning from that.

At least try to be fair to yourself.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2019
True2god is a bigoted Christian who will never see anything good in Islam. Some people are so devilish that all they look for in life are devils like them.
Some Sunnah are to be followed in an Islamic state. Some Sunnahs are general while others have a particular setting!
Talaq mentioned three times counts as one and is revocable. The wife still goes through the waiting period in the husbands house...
At least you mentioned some countries practicing some forms of Sunnah. Which country uses the OT or NT as their sole constitution?
Why not mention General Sunnahs like 5times daily prayers. Fasting in Ramadan, Zakat. Etc.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
True2god is a bigoted Christian who will never see anything good in Islam. Some people are so devilish that all they look for in life are devils like them.
Some Sunnah are to be followed in an Islamic state. Some Sunnahs are general while others have a particular setting!
Talaq mentioned three times counts as one and is revocable. The wife still goes through the waiting period in the husbands house...
At least you mentioned some countries practicing some forms of Sunnah. Which country uses the OT or NT as their sole constitution?
Why not mention General Sunnahs like 5times daily prayers. Fasting in Ramadan, Zakat. Etc.
Sunnah is sunnah, both the rational and the irrational ones. Once you admit that some sunnah of the prophet are very irrational then we will negotiate but for now I will concentrate on the sunnahs that suit me. This is another funny sunnah:

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added. “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah’s forgiveness.” (Sahih Bukhari 1:8:388).

So before a muslim use the toilet, he must have a compass, according to the sunnah, so that he doesn't face or back the kaaba. This is one of the sunnah that a pious muslim must follow religiously.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
Empiree:
what's the rest?. You have motives and no matter what I say will fall in your deaf ears. I have just told you that 3 Talaq is not simultaneously pronounced in a single setting. You also failed to consider other Sharia obligations with regards to divorce. You quoted isolated Hadith and you wanted to derive meaning from that.

At least try to be fair to yourself.
The so-called isolated hadith is sahih so it has a great authority. As for 3talak, is it also applicable to the women? Can the women say the 3talak to divorce their husband?
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
true2god:
The so-called isolated hadith is sahih so it has a great authority. As for 3talak, is it also applicable to the women? Can the women say the 3talak to divorce their husband?
a wife has right to divorce. You don't know about Hadith. So it is irrelevant to drag this with a school boy cheesy

Sheikh Imran Hussein, an Islamic scholars briefly narrated his matrimonial issue years ago that his first wife sought divorce without any real reason and he let her have her way. That's, scholarship, maturity and understanding of religion. He later found out she was just tired of marriage. She's still not marry again.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Empiree:
a wife has right to divorce. You don't know about Hadith. So it is irrelevant to drag this with a school boy cheesy

Sheikh Imran Hussein, an Islamic scholars briefly narrated his matrimonial issue years ago that his first wife sought divorce without any real reason and he let her have her way. That's, scholarship, maturity and understanding of religion. He later found out she was just tired of marriage. She's still not marry again.
Yes I know that women have the right to divorce, but my question is 'are they (women) also entitled to the 3talak policy', according to the sunnah of the prophet?
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
true2god:
Yes I know that women have the right to divorce, but my question is 'are they (women) also entitled to the 3talak policy', according to the sunnah of the prophet?
I have told you that you don't understand 3 Talaq. It is not pronounced in a sitting. It takes time because there are other considerations you failed to acknowledge with respect to women. I will implore you to stop hate and read Sharia policy from different sources on this issue before you jump the gun.

I remembered when I was a kid my uncles, dad and other imams were discussing this issue and they said Talaq is not I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you and then you send her packing. That's not how it works bro. Whoever you see do that is following his whim.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by true2god: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
Empiree:
I have told you that you don't understand 3 Talaq. It is not pronounced in a sitting. It takes time because there are other considerations you failed to acknowledge with respect to women. I will implore you to stop hate and read Sharia policy from different sources on this issue before you jump the gun.

I remembered when I was a kid my uncles, dad and other imams were discussing this issue and they said Talaq is not I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you and then you send her packing. That's not how it works bro. Whoever you see do that is following his whim.
Thanks for the rational conversation. I will revisit Nairaland by Friday. You try but.....
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
true2god:
Thanks for the rational conversation. I will revisit Nairaland by Friday. You try but.....
but what
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
true2god:
Sunnah is sunnah, both the rational and the irrational ones. Once you admit that some sunnah of the prophet are very irrational then we will negotiate but for now I will concentrate on the sunnahs that suit me. This is another funny sunnah:

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added. “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah’s forgiveness.” (Sahih Bukhari 1:8:388).

So before a muslim use the toilet, he must have a compass, according to the sunnah, so that he doesn't face or back the kaaba. This is one of the sunnah that a pious muslim must follow religiously.

This is a Sunnah with setting. The toilets then are usually in open spaces. The toilets today have doors and walls hence not applicable.
But it's still advisable to build loos not facing the Qibla out of respect for our direction of worship.

1 Like

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Alhajiemeritus: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2019
Empiree:

Some ppl don't actually know how it works...
I met some Nupe ppl who are traditionally wanton to divorce....
They hide under the The "Three Talaq phenomenon" to achieve their aims.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Some ppl don't actually know how it works...
I met some Nupe ppl who are traditionally wanton to divorce....
They hide under the The "Three Talaq phenomenon" to achieve their aims.
that's it. It is hypocritical. Those men do that to get rid of her asap with hope of getting another woman quickly and skip responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by AlBaqir(m): 3:44am On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
that's it. It is hypocritical. Those men do that to get rid of her asap with hope of getting another woman quickly and skip responsibilities

Though you are right, but do you know the 2nd Caliph was the person that legislated it? So, it is either binding to follow him or reject him.
Re: Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah by Empiree: 5:13am On Sep 06, 2019
AlBaqir:

Though you are right, but do you know the 2nd Caliph was the person that legislated it? So, it is either binding to follow him or reject him.
Nope, it is not binding at all. Umar, in a few cases, ruled the saying of talaq three times in one go as final and annulled the marriage. But he would also flog such men as deterrent punishment. This helped in curbing instances of saying talaq at one go. Certainly, Umar's practice was not a Sharia law. His step was rather an example of hukm al-hakim, or an executive order. His annulment of marriage in cases where men said talaq three times in one go was an exercise of the discretionary power of a ruler. Such executive orders are applicable to particular cases and do not have the status of Sharia law or general rule.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Talk About Christmas / Islam Is Peace? / The Real Top 5 False Things About Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.