Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Please Have Mercy On Your Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Have Mercy On Your Children (5423 Views)

Please Have Mercy On Me. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good day everyone. I have been an active visitor on this forum for a long time now, I decided to open an account because I have something important I wish to share to everyone. Please take your time and read. Thanks. .

I want to use this opportunity to beg parents to have some sympathy for their children and stop giving birth to them. There's too much suffering in this world, from children dying from starvation, people dying from diseases and getting beaten and raped, accidents, etc. In fact, the quality of human life in general is very low. .

If you love your children as you claim, you'll not want them to suffer. You can marry your partner and still be happy without children.

It's okay if you already have children, but it's not too late to stop producing now and save your future offsprings from coming into this world to suffer and then just die for nothing.

For now that's all I have to say.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ogawisdom(m): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
There is sense in every nonsense.

Having more than two children in this era is senseless

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Teaveapoet(f): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
People that needs to hear these words are not mobile. Which means most of them are not educated or learned.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:
There is sense in every nonsense.

Having more than two children in this era is senseless

I know I might sound dark and cold but having even a single child is nothing but an act of pure wickedness.

8 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ogawisdom(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

I know I might sound dark and cold but having even a single child is nothing but an act of pure wickedness.

Not everyone is poor u Know, only Davido can take care of 50 children n give them the best in life.

Only dangote can take care of a community grin ie 5000 children

The issue of children is individual specific.

8 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:

Not everyone is poor u Know, only Davido can take care of 50 children n give them the best in life.

Only dangote can take care of a community grin ie 5000 children

The issue of children is individual specific.
No. You're wrong Sir.
Just because you're rich doesn't give you the Right to bring any child into this world. Here's why . .

Your money cannot save that child from disabilities and other medical diseases they may be born with. .
Your money cannot save that child from accidents that might render down motionless for the rest of their lives. .
There's no guarantee that your financial situation won't change in the far future. Therefore making your child suffer.
Your money cannot save that child from anxieties and other mental health issues due to having to run a business to sustain income. .

The reasons not to have children are endless. It is better not to bring them at all than to bring them to suffer for nothing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ogawisdom(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

No. You're wrong Sir.
Just because you're rich doesn't give you the Right to bring any child into this world. Here's why . .

Your money cannot save that child from disabilities and other medical diseases they may be born with. .
Your money cannot save that child from accidents that might render down motionless for the rest of their lives. .
There's no guarantee that your financial situation won't change in the far future. Therefore making your child suffer.
Your money cannot save that child from anxieties and other mental health issues due to having to run a business to sustain income. .

The reasons not to have children are endless. It is better not to bring them at all than to bring them to suffer for nothing.

Hmmm I am not sure u are sane angry I give up on ur mentality

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by elektra(f): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:

He/she is not sane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
elektra:

He/she is not sane.

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
elektra:

He/she is not sane.

Even at the risk of being thought mad, we must not be afraid to say that our parents, like theirs before them, were guilty of the crime of procreation, which means the crime of creating unhappiness, of conspiring with others to increase the unhappiness of an increasingly unhappy world.

Thomas Bernhard, Gathering Evidence: A Memoir,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ImaIma1(f): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

No. You're wrong Sir.

The reasons not to have them are endless. What about the reasons to have them? What about the healthy children who are mentally intact? You are focusing only on the negative aspects alone. What about the positives?

12 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by elektra(f): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

Even at the risk of being thought mad, we must not be afraid to say that our parents, like theirs before them, were guilty of the crime of procreation, which means the crime of creating unhappiness, of conspiring with others to increase the unhappiness of an increasingly unhappy world.

Thomas Bernhard, Gathering Evidence: A Memoir,

Okay, go an arrest them.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

The reasons not to have them are endless. What about the reasons to have them? What about the healthy children who are mentally intact? You are focusing only on the negative aspects alone. What about the positives?

There are several reasons to have children but it can never be for the sake of that child. If you truly love your children and wish them happiness and rest of mind then you not bringing them to this world is the best love you can offer them.

You mention healthy children, being healthy today does not guarantee that one will be healthy in the near future. I need not give too much examples, they're countless stories of people that are healthy and happy today and become bed sick and unhappy for the rest of their lives. ...

I'm not focusing on the negatives, all these are potential harm that can befall on anybody Born into this world. The only we can love our children is to not give birth to them in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
elektra:

Okay, go an arrest them.
You have no logical and/or intellectual argument to defend your view. I only pity the children you're going to drag into this world to suffer because of your selfish desire to be a mother.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Teaveapoet:
People that needs to hear these words are not mobile. Which means most of them are not educated or learned.

Sugar, are you an Antinatalist?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by elektra(f): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

You have no logical and/or intellectual argument to defend your view. I only pity the children you're going to drag into this world to suffer because of your selfish desire to be a mother.

Lol.
Pray tell, what is my view?
Look through your thread and tell me where I stayed my view on having children.
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
elektra:

Lol.
Pray tell, what is my view?
Look through your thread and tell me where I stayed my view on having children.

By saying *He is not sane* you indirectly indicated your support on the cruel act of sentencing innocent children to suffering and death by bringing them into this world.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ImaIma1(f): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

There are several reasons to have children but it can never be for the sake of that child. If you truly love your children and wish them happiness and rest of mind then you not bringing them to this world is the best love you can offer them.

You mention healthy children, being healthy today does not guarantee that one will be healthy in the near future. I need not give too much examples, they're countless stories of people that are healthy and happy today and become bed sick and unhappy for the rest of their lives. ...

I'm not focusing on the negatives, all these are potential harm that can befall on anybody Born into this world. The only we can love our children is to not give birth to them in the first place.

How can I love what I do not have or intend to have?

I guess you wish you were not born. There are also countless stories about people that were healthy and happy and still ended up healthy and happy. Put your focus on those ones.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

How can I love what I do not have or intend to have?

I guess you wish you were not born. There are also countless stories about people that were healthy and happy and still ended up healthy and happy. Put your focus on those ones.

You do not even try to address the vital points in my arguments. You just pick a single line that suits you and that's all.

Well. I'll address whatever argument or question you pose to me.

I guess your view on people being happy is that they have a job, stable and sufficient income and they smile often. But in all honesty none of these guarantee happiness and we've seen countless stories of high income people and celebrities committing suicide due to unhappiness.

Secondly. While it is true that they are people in this world that are happy with their life. It's also not a reason to want to bring any child into this world.
This is because you cannot guarantee before-hand that the kid you're bring into this world is going to be happy with that life you're going to impose on them.
It is possible that the kid might even get sick only to suffer before he/she becomes an adult. .
It's also possible that you may even die before that kid becomes an adult leaving them prey to both physical and emotional abuse by people around them.

I could go on but I know you really have no interest in my arguments but rather you're hell bent in trying to show me how wrong I am. If you look at the negative aspects of life and still insist in creating babies then you're actually gambling with someone's life. It's best to leave that child in peace than force life on them.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by marriage1: 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
15 education you owe your girl child to protect her from being abused.
As a parent, don't allow the society to do your job on your girl child, impact can be disasterious and it will affect her whole life.
Find out more...
https://allsinglesandmarrieds./2019/08/29/15-child-education-to-give-your-child-to-protect-her-from-being-abuse/
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

How can I love what I do not have or intend to have? ...
Yes you can. By observing this world and seeing that it is too hard, you can out of sympathy spare that child the burden of existence.
We spend almost 20years of our life getting education. Another stage is wageslaving and paying bills, excluding the possibility of being sick several times and suffering emotional traumas. Plus the anxiety of maintaining a job. At later stage we get old and suffer other complications before dying.

Having witnessed these things associated with living you can have some sympathy for your unborn children and spare them this tragedy called life.

ImaIma1:

I guess you wish you were not born.

Yes, and I have already forgiven my mother for giving birth to me. I plan not to repeat this mistake she made.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
RoyalRoy since you're the moderator here. You could move this to front page as it seems this philosophical viewpoint is foreign to most people here. I'll also like to know how most Atheists feel about this. Seun, as this is a matter of life and death, what's your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ImaIma1(f): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

Yes you can. By observing this world and seeing that it is too hard, you can out of sympathy spare that child the burden of existence.
We spend almost 20years of our life getting education. Another stage is wageslaving and paying bills, excluding the possibility of being sick several times and suffering emotional traumas. Plus the anxiety of maintaining a job. At later stage we get old and suffer other complications before dying.

Having witnessed these things associated with living you can have some sympathy for your unborn children and spare them this tragedy called life.

Yes, and I have already forgiven my mother for giving birth to me. I plan not to repeat this mistake she made.

I can see your mind is set on the issue. Allow others the privilege of also making their decision on the issue also instead of trying to force down your idea/opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

I can see your mind is set on the issue. Allow others the privilege of also making their decision on the issue also instead of trying to force down your idea/opinion.
Oh. You're running away from the discussion without even defending your position? Nice try.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ImaIma1(f): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

You do not even try to address the vital points in my arguments. You just pick a single line that suits you and that's all.

Well. I'll address whatever argument or question you pose to me.

I guess your view on people being happy is that they have a job, stable and sufficient income and they smile often. But in all honesty none of these guarantee happiness and we've seen countless stories of high income people and celebrities committing suicide due to unhappiness.

Secondly. While it is true that they are people in this world that are happy with their life. It's also not a reason to want to bring any child into this world.
This is because you cannot guarantee before-hand that the kid you're bring into this world is going to be happy with that life you're going to impose on them.
It is possible that the kid might even get sick only to suffer before he/she becomes an adult. .
It's also possible that you may even die before that kid becomes an adult leaving them prey to both physical and emotional abuse by people around them.

I could go on but I know you really have no interest in my arguments but rather you're hell bent in trying to show me how wrong I am. If you look at the negative aspects of life and still insist in creating babies then you're actually gambling with someone's life. It's best to leave that child in peace than force life on them.

There's no need dissecting your comments. I am already repelled by the pessimism, despair and negativity that seems to be your anchor and I don't want you dragging me along into it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
If two healthy get married, there's no reason why their child shouldn't be healthy. If they want to take extra precautions, non-invasive prenatal testings that detect chromosomal abnormalities in a baby’s DNA, reproductive carrier genetic screening and other advancements in genetic testings have made it possible to know about a baby before they're born, so there's no reason why anyone should listen to your weak argument that they shouldn't have children b|c no one knows what the future holds. It's like telling people to never leave their homes b|c anything could happen if they step out. We all might as well be 6-feet under then if we're so riddled with the fear of living.

I'll only advice people to not have kids if they're poor and don't yet have the means to care for them, OR if genetic testing has revealed incompatibilities or future issues for their child [e.g. sickle cell trait] if they proceed.

Antinatalist:

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
ImaIma1:

There's no need dissecting your comments. I am already repelled by the pessimism, despair and negativity that seems to be your anchor and I don't want you dragging me along into it.

The truth is always bitter. This time around it is not that my arguments are flawed. But it is that they're too dark for you to endure.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
theButterfly:
If two healthy get married, there's no reason why their child shouldn't be healthy. If they want to take extra precautions, non-invasive prenatal testings that detects chromosomal abnormalities in a baby’s DNA, reproductive carrier genetic screening and other advancements in genetic testings have made it possible to know about a baby before they're born, so there's no reason why anyone should listen to your weak argument that they shouldn't have children b|c no one knows what the future holds. It's like telling people to never leave their homes b|c anything could happen if they step out. We all might as well be 6-feet under then if we're so riddled with the fear of living.

I'll only advice people to not have kids if they're poor and don't yet have the means to care for them, OR if genetic testing has revealed incompatibilities or future issues for their child [e.g. sickle cell trait] if they proceed.

You're wrong for thinking suffering is limited to disabilities. They're chances that the woman involved during childbirth would die. They're chances that the kid given birth to would die just few months after birth.

There is no guarantee that you the mom/dad would live long to watch that child grow, you might even die before that child turn adult.
There are chances that the kid might die via car accident, fire outbreak, a deadly disease, being raped/molested and even worse becoming permanently disabled. You cannot guarantee that your child will be immune to all these suffering regardless of your wealth.

There is no moral reason why anyone should bring a child into this world.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

Buahahahhahahah! Working 9 to 5 is enough suffering

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
The op raised some valid and invalid points. There are cases he sounded anti-childbearing. That's akin to making mankind go into extinction.

With that said, there are situations I see children, but only feel bad in my spirit 'cause I realized the kind of poverty they've been born into by some careless parents who shouldn't be in the first place. Having a vagina and a womb doesn't mean you should run into child bearing. To make matters worse, we can't even have a functional child welfare system that cares for children.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Efewestern: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:

No. You're wrong Sir.

So in essence, we shouldn't give birth, and watch humanity go extinct.

Wow, just wow, you even said a single kid is a mistake.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official Working Hours For Nursing Mothers In Federal Civil Service? / A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. / Beautiful Family Photos Of Funke Akindele, Her Husband And Step-children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.