Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing (6620 Views)

Eight Nigerian Teachers Travel To US To Teach Yoruba In Varsities, Colleges / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Pwettymom(f): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please people,are our Nigerian teachers limited to a particular kind of dressing? Can't one be a teacher and still look good? How do teachers dress in your area??
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Niyeal(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Pwettymom:
Please people,are our Nigerian teachers limited to a particular kind of dressing? Can't one be a teacher and still look good? How do teachers dress in your area??
Depending on salary

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by blackboy(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
Teachers dress sharp. Neat and formal or casual depending on the day of the week.

Its not just the salary but the taste of the the teacher

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by cassidy1996(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
how much are they being paid?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by CallmeKola(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
Regardless of how much a teacher is earning, they should endeavour to dress smartly. A lot of kids are looking up to them. But not to worry, young teachers like myself are finna change the trend. We gon make the teaching profession great and appealing... Again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by AeroplaneApple: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
CallmeKola:
Regardless of how much a teacher is earning, they should endeavour to dress smartly. A lot of kids are looking up to them. But not to worry, young teachers like myself are finna change the trend. We gon make the teaching profession great and appealing... Again?
Yeah I used to think like you until most of my good clothes got thorn without a single replacement within three months. To cap it all up, I was not paid on vacation day...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
Pwettymom:
PLEASE don't start.
The NIGERIAN TEACHERS are really really in ABYSS.
Most of the KIDS born by these TEACHERS can't afford to go to the schools their parents teach due to improper fraction caused by POVERTY.

Even the ONES owned by MOST CHURCHES still don't pay these TEACHERS well.
MOST PARENTS are not bothered about the welfare of these Teachers.
U visit SCHOOLS whose FEES are up to 100,000 to 200,000, yet the teachers that run each of these classes are paid 50k monthly, WHY...?? cry cry
Why Can't these SCHOOLS use the FEE paid by just a PUPIL in a class of 20 pupils to settle a teacher that runs that class....?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by babsodity(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
We r all teachers.. And we look gud..

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by DesChyko: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
babsodity:

Yup. Although it'll be difficult convincing some people that some of the heads there are not photoshopped in embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by dkdmy: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
The reality is that teachers are under paid.... most of us like to dress smart, however, clothing is the last tin of the three basic amenities (food, and shelter more important). #I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by DMPaulSr: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Cooperate dressing

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by AeroplaneApple: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
DMPaulSr:
Cooperate dressing
a pictorial representation of LIFE IS HARD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
cassidy1996:
Teachers are the least paid!!!

Isn't it funny that without them we will not have doctors, lawyers, lecturers, Engineers... Yet these people receives higher salary than they do!!!

It's disheartening!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
EVILFOREST:

PLEASE don't start.
The NIGERIAN TEACHERS are really really in ABYSS.
Most of the KIDS born by these TEACHERS can't afford to go to the schools their parents teach due to improper fraction caused by POVERTY.

Even the ONES owned by MOST CHURCHES still don't pay these TEACHERS well.
MOST PARENTS are not bothered about the welfare of these Teachers.
U visit SCHOOLS whose FEES are up to 100,000 to 200,000, yet the teachers that run each of these classes are paid 50k monthly, WHY...?? cry cry
Why Can't these SCHOOLS use the FEE paid by just a PUPIL in a class of 20 pupils to settle a teacher that runs that class....?
50k??
Please which school Is that??
Give me link abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Silentspeaker(m): 1:54am On Aug 30, 2019
This may be the last few moments I'm going to be alive to even come on nairaland.The people I borrowed money from are threatening me with police, court and even death. I'm addicted to drugs, opiates well. I'm sad, scared, angered and I'm contemplating suicide. I'm 21yrs old.

Pls I need psychological, emotional, financial, physical and mental help. I have nothing else to do. I sold all I got.
HELP ME!!!! PLS GOD! PLS GUYS!!!!!
See full story via below link.

https://www.nairaland.com/5383616/im-big-debt-depressed-addicted#81662276
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Dsgraphiks(m): 6:29am On Aug 30, 2019
U sabi the kin salary wey them dey chop? Some of them are managing
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by BBBmall25: 6:43am On Aug 30, 2019
I'm A Teacher. I Teach For The Fun And Passion For It. I Dresses Even Better Than My Proprietor. So It's Not About The Pay But The Mindset

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by craftyserpent: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2019
Unfortunately, many teachers don't even earn up to 25,000 Naira a month.

Just think of that.

In this harsh economy.
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
50k??
Please which school Is that??
Give me link abeg!!
Seriously...
50k per Month is now a Good Pay...
What Nonsense.
Seriously the Poverty Is alarming..
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by peeps4u: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2019
CallmeKola:

When responsibilities hit you over a meagre amount teachers collect, reality will set in. You think if those teachers get better jobs, they won't know how to dress better?
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by WildChild00(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2019
Some teachers are well paid; especially in a private school, like I know of a teacher that teaches in a private secondary school she earns 190k per month.
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by BrutusOj(m): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2019
cassidy1996:
It's not about the pay, but the mind set of some fellows with poor social orientation. I remember my neighbors wondering where I work at a time cos I was always looking smart, neat and well packaged even in my bend down sellect wears a.k.a okirika. Meanwhile, it is not a teacher thing, do a random survey at bus stations, you will see some well paid guys who work in corporate organization, yet their dressing is still laughable cos they got no sense of dressing. Give some people millions of Naira to go shopping, you will be surprised at the best stuff they will com back with and how they will combine them in their outfit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Seriously...
50k per Month is now a Good Pay...
What Nonsense.
Seriously the Poverty Is alarming..
I have seen worse!
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Elbreezy(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2019
babsodity:
You Guy's look wicked.... I just pray am wrong
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by ruggedtimi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
Depends on the salary of the teacher, fashion sense, and the school dressing rule for staffs
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by CallmeKola(m): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
peeps4u:

When responsibilities hit you over a meagre amount teachers collect, reality will set in. You think if those teachers get better jobs, they won't know how to dress better?

It's not until a person wears very expensive clothes that they look good. Make dem go katangua, abeg. Many cheap, look gooding clothes are there. This life na packaging, abeg. Besides, there are some teachers in the same school collecting the same or even less salaries that dress smartly.
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by CallmeKola(m): 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
AeroplaneApple:
Yeah I used to think like you until most of my good clothes got thorn without a single replacement within three months. To cap it all up, I was not paid on vacation day...

Well, sorry about that. I guess there are unique situations.
But even in the university, I know some lecturers that are doing okay, but really, they can't be bothered.
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by mytime24(f): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Wey some states never pay their teachers for almost 6months,

And u want dem to dress in gucci undecided

Sme of dem dnt hv big god maa
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by iLegendd(m): 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
I'll like to be a teacher when I grow up. I'll be fine with 15k per month. I'm not greedy.
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Abduljabbar1313(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
I am a teacher, though we're on holiday I was paid this month salary. I thought I wasn't going to be paid. But if they do not give me my salary what do they expect me to do? To beg? Or find another job?
If you are teacher and you are not being paid your salary during vocation, my friend you don't have job try to find one. Before the summer vacations end!
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by Lucasinho(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
iLegendd:
I'll like to be a teacher when I grow up. I'll be fine with 15k per month. I'm not greedy.

cheesy

Baba God forbid
Re: Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing by iLegendd(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lucasinho:

cheesy

Baba God forbid
Amen! Let me increase it to 20k per month since God has forbidden 15k. If 20k isn't cool, then N-power's salary will be enough for me. I'm not greedy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2011 World University Ranking | Top 100 Universities In Africa / Socio Economic And Political Crises In Nigeria: (causes And Solution): Help! / 2,000 Unemployed Youths Sit For Agric-yes Exam In Agege, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.