Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It (34100 Views)

Jidenna, Osinachi Dike Apama Son Is Dead / Photos Of Jidenna Smoking Heavily / Meet Jidenna's Beautiful Sister And Cute Brother As He Shares New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by LifestyleTonite: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
Singer Jidenna has stated that homosexuality has always existed in Africa and part of its culture, not something that was imported by Europeans.

The US singer of Nigerian origin made this known in an interview saying:

“The whole idea that Black people, and our tradition to be Black… You hear these African leaders who are dressed in three-piece suits, got an iPhone, speaking in English and not their native tongue are saying, ‘it’s unafrican to be homosexual, it’s unafrican… we don’t have it. That was brought as a European import.’ It’s not true. It’s not true at all.”

He added:

“You got Uganda, the kingdom of Buganda at the time… Before Uganda, there was an openly gay king. If you go to Zimbabwe… the bushmen as they call them, you’ll see homosexual acts in the Cape paintings. If you go to different communities in Africa, there was different rights of passage where if a woman was with a woman, or a man was with a man, they were thought to be mower powerful. There was never a time where this didn’t exist, or where it was just hands down that homosexuals were wrong. That’s not actual an African thing, which means it’s not a Black thing.”

Speaking on Maurice Willoughby aka Reese who committed suicide after he was bullied for dating a transgender women, Jidenna said:

“So, what is a foreign import is actually the idea that this is somehow wrong. That what Reese is doing is wrong. That’s the truth. That’s actual history. Y’all can google it. You can look it up. Don’t take my word for it. Look it up. To me, if you understand that, if you grew up knowing that, then you’re not gonna have those guys on the street bullying him. Then maybe he doesn’t commit suicide, then maybe he doesn’t beat her, because he’s beating himself inside.”

He continued by referencing lyrics from his song “The Other Half”.

“And that’s what I say in ‘The Other Half.’ I said,’ I pray for my n***as surviving the pen. Demons taking my friends, boys pretending they’re men. B**** don’t f*** up my zen. My homie told me you violated a body and shorty that put me on 10. She begging me now to add it to the list of feelings I gotta keep in. Ain’t that the root of the drama? How we just lock up the trauma? Fighting within, fighting without, fighting, divide it, and conquer.’”

He added,

“Hurt people hurt people. When you see men hurting women or trans folk, or themselves, it’s because we don’t know how to express that all. And I’m still learning that day by day. Right now, I have the thinnest mask I have ever worn in my life and it feels great. I feel liberated.”

https://wotzup.ng/homosexuality-is-an-africa-thing-europeans-didnt-bring-it-jidenna/

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by GEOANDSONS: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
OriginalZombiE:
Is this niggga using style to come out as gay

Jidenna!!!!

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Lanisehardin: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Persecuting homosexuals is persecuting people because of their nature.
Just like the South Eastern(Calabar) people were killing twins some centuries ago,

The White people are not foolish for making laws to protect them,
Americans hate gays but they still give them their right, if an American wants to insult you, he will call you gay! They still give gay people their rights as humans.
Most of you will wish to live in America over Nigeria because the same human right you're depriving others.
You're not yet civilized. Your uncivilized mind as a collectives is part of your country's backwardness.

YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT BACK

75 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Oduduwa707: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Just hear this Fool! angry

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by oluwasegun007(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
e be like say them Don knack this one something..

African tin bawo...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by OTayobami(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Fact

Meanwhile somebody told me that this stadium is in Lagos, abeg is it true

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by banio: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lies

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by PureGoldh(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
I don't understand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by penjm: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Who legalized it then?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Sonfethopia: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
I stick with pussy!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by OriginalZombiE: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Is this niggga using style to come out as gay

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Just spill out the truth bro.
You're in America.... No1 will jail u

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Edu3Again: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Oh boy na man u want you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Lexusgs430: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Is he GAY..... I meant HAPPY...... grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by PureFace1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
This fool have been saying alot of trash lately

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Taciturn1: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
That's why Sodom was destroyed. Sodom may have been in Africa

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by elvisco10(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
him nor well....abi to gey attention ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by daddytime(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
True that...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by PlayerMeji: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hmmm... Shebi it's an African word!

Everybody dey form teacher nowadays..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Singer Jidenna has stated that homosexuality has always existed in Africa and part of its culture, not something that was imported by Europeans.
Lesbians, could this be true?!

Cc : LGBT Community.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by godwinkessi: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
This useless Enugu homo boy won’t shut up. Promoting homosexuality cos you’re a celebrity won’t even help u.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Boyooosa(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
fku. omo ale jatijati

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by hammerFC: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
ONYE ARA!

WHERE DID U GET THAT FROM?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by mrvitalis(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Taciturn1:
That's why Sodom was destroyed. Sodom may have been in Africa
Those are story book

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by friendlyadvice: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
Oduduwa707:
Just hear this Fool! angry
angry no mind na e papa be the pioneer na why e dey talk rubbish

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Emilokoiyawon: 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by chloride6: 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
Homosexuality is not just African it is Natural..

This has been established since the 19th Century but religious peeps wont let us rest.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by iamawara(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
Bitter truth grin

I was shocked when I heard 98% of our founding fathers were knacked B4 we were given Independence grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Adebayo And Wife Welcome A Son. His Father Reacts (Photos) / Nick Cannon To Become A Father For The 12th Time, had 2 children in Sept - ET / Sandra Okagbue Shares Photo With Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.