Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks (11152 Views)

Those Against Buhari’s Ministerial Position Are Crooks – Presidency / Top 3 Crooks Under The GEJ Administration You Want To See In Jail / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2010
I laugh whenever some folks abroad laugh at their brothers at home and accuse them of poverty. But in most families, the ones at home provide the real cash to support their people over there.
Its therefore laughable to hear those broke dudes freezing in heaterless rooms talk of others as not having money to travel or being denied visa. If I want to travel to anywhere, it will be on pure merit, my businesses and investments will make any embassy stamp my passport in the first interview. But who wants an interview sef, am busy watching things here.
Lest I forget, I got two visas when I was 19 and turned them down back then, my mum thought I was crazy but I had a vision. Todayshe things I am the smartest person on earth.
Everyone in naija is not poor!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by asha80(m): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

I laugh whenever some folks abroad laugh at their brothers at home and accuse them of poverty. But in most families, the ones at home provide the real cash to support their people over there.
Its therefore laughable to hear those broke dudes freezing in heaterless rooms talk of others as not having money to travel or being denied visa. If I want to travel to anywhere, it will be on pure merit, my businesses and investments will make any embassy stamp my passport in the first interview. But who wants an interview sef, am busy watching things here.
Lest I forget, I got two visas when I was 19 and turned them down back then, my mum thought I was crazy but I had a vision. Todayshe things I am the smartest person on earth.
Everyone in naija is not poor!

You got some complex issues.No one here need to know the bolded.i am also in nigeria with you
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by tkb417(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2010
85% haba

maybe 10%

most people i know went to school, struggled a bit then stabilised afterwards

i dont know crooks so maybe you shld change your friends

im sure you know i live in Nigeria.

and one more thing, the only reason youre here in Nigeria is probably because one godfather helped you with a good job, your father is rich or you were lucky to survive the harsh 9ja terrain. I dont see anythn wrong in people running away from what a typical 9ja suffer in the country

maybe if the embassy didnt deny me visa, i for don travel tey tey grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2010
asha 80:

You got some complex issues.No one here need to know the bolded.i am also in nigeria with you

Its complex, but we need to tell youngsters the truth. They dont need to feel inferior because some gum chewing, earing hanging guys go around in dark shades chanting 'yo men' all around the place, not telling people the real situation.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 9:29am On Oct 26, 2010
asha 80:

Its complex, but we need to tell youngsters the truth. They dont need to feel inferior because some gum chewing, earing hanging guys go around in dark shades chanting 'yo men' all around the place, not telling people the real situation.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Olaolufred(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Dude, ure just upset at your situation in life, thats what I see! Deceive urself all u want, your miserable financial situation is killing you and ure upset that those "Fuxcking Yankee Dudes" come home all the time and snatch up all those gals that wont even spit on u even if u paid them to splatter your face with slimy phlegm!!! Crazy talk like yours is not limited to only you, trust me; I've heard similar from my mom's family memebers . . . . I guess its a "Third World Bitterness" thing! People upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura. LMAO!

Dont worry, I bet once your visa application to Tahiti gets approved some of your anger will dissipate. . . . at least u'll get to eat from McDonalds and the such!

Your post in reality stupid and Foolish.

Your conclusion is worse.

I am not against Nigerians travelling abroad, but going to do things that are legitimate is better.

I am in South Africa presently, Know some people who left the shore of nigeria in a Cargo container.

1 month in a container to do what? Most people beleive they can't make it at home. So they would not.

While my close friend kept spending his life earnings(4.5million) on several abortive processes of travelling abroad,

I told him I would travel only for business or through my employers.

While waisting those money, I kept reminding him of how travelling abroad must not be a do-or-die affair.

He had been on air twice en-route Europe, but came back with hopes dashed.

4 years later, I was sent to SA by my employer.

There I met people who came without the smallest Idea of what to do.

Some can't even express themselves in any foriegn Lang. but still want to be out.

Some don't even finish a secondary school but want to be out.

This desperation causes a big problems to those who even do the legitimates.

I think we should not spoil our names more than we did. Only we must start rebuilding a good name.

If 60% of Nigerians Abroad are Corrupt, while it is a reflection of the home we came from,

A change of our value system could help in repackaging ourselves.

The poster really had not said an outright falacy, though the %tage may not be accurate.

But there is underlying TRUTH in his post.

Whoever is among the crooks that spoil our names abroad should try repenting instead of trying to wash down those who speak truth.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2010
tkb417:

85% haba

maybe 10%

most people i know went to school, struggled a bit then stabilised afterwards

i dont know crooks so maybe you shld change your friends

im sure you know i live in Nigeria.

and one more thing, the only reason youre here in Nigeria is probably because one godfather helped you with a good job, your father is rich or you were lucky to survive the harsh 9ja terrain. I dont see anythn wrong in people running away from what a typical 9ja suffer in the country

maybe if the embassy didnt deny me visa, i for don travel tey tey grin grin grin grin grin

Bros na lie, you dey yankee!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2010
Olaolufred:

Your post in reality silly and Foolish.

Your conclusion is worse.

I am not against Nigerians travelling abroad, but going to do things that are legitimate is better.

I am in South Africa presently, Know some people who left the shore of nigeria in a Cargo container.

1 month in a container to do what? Most people beleive they can't make it at home. So they would not.

While my close friend kept spending his life earnings(4.5million) on several abortive processes of travelling abroad,

I told him I would travel only for business or through my employers.

While waisting those money, I kept reminding him of how travelling abroad must not be a do-or-die affair.

He had been on air twice en-route Europe, but came back with hopes dashed.

4 years later, I was sent to SA by my employer.

There I met people who came without the smallest Idea of what to do.

Some can't even express themselves in any foriegn Lang. but still want to be out.

Some don't even finish a secondary school but want to be out.

This desperation causes a big problems to those who even do the legitimates.

I think we should not spoil our names more than we did. Only we must start rebuilding a good name.

If 60% of Nigerians Abroad are Corrupt, while it is a reflection of the home we came from,

A change of our value system could help in repackaging ourselves.

The poster really had not said an outright falacy, though the %tage may not be accurate.

But there is underlying TRUTH in his post.

Whoever is among the crooks that spoil our names abroad should try repenting instead of trying to wash down those who speak truth.

It's so bad that MOST people are travelling out of Nigeria these days just because of the hardship and the bad economy.The likes of K Abayomi,Alakija Adeyemo,D K Randle,Adeniyi Jones,Nnamdi Azikwe,Awolowo and so many others lived outside the country at one point or the other not because of the money but because they wanted a western education which can raise at par with the british colonials and to form a radical class that will folster the Nationalism ambition at that time.
Just like when Zik returned home,it gave the more confidence to the struggle of a Nigerian state with the structure already layed down by the likes of herbert macaulay,Awolowo and others.
the problem with most present day NID is that they are not really concern about the success of sovereign Nigerian state but they are more concern its immediate economic prosperity and anytime,the nation doesn't achieve that,they go on unnecessary criticism.the whole idea is that until Nigerians abroad think of Nigeria as a nation where they can CONTRIBUTE positively to its nationhood and not about what they stand to achieve at their own interests,then we can really think they mean well for Nigeria.Those back in the days have influenced positively to national building but what we have now are national destroyer !
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

Tell me what job someone who stoles away inside the tyre compartment of an air plane hoping to go and do in America? A bank job? or an IT job?

**Death**

invisible!:

See what am saying! The guilty are afraid.

Anytime you see me in Africa, feel free to hack me to death with a rusty machete!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

**Death**

Anytime you see me in Africa, feel free to hack me to death with a rusty machete!

Who gives a damn if you come to Africa or not? Who cares? Rubbish. Say that to your family who, according to you are "upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura. "

Africa will not miss you one bit.

Te hehe
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

**Death**

I dont think you are worth the time or effort, we dont need our bad children back home. Better they stay and waste in some foreign jail. We only ask our sensible children to visit, so thanks, dont come back yet till we build some strong prisons.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by armyofone(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
wouldnt you work in the morgue for $25 per hr or 75k a year eh poster

Ileke-IdI:

I don die!
Is that even a job?

@post
Thank you jare.
The rest of us 15% get what you're saying.
the rest of us are in school, military etc grin grin

God bless America
God bless our troops

SemperFI
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
armyofone:

God bless America
God bless our troops

SemperFI

Some people wont work in morgues for twice that amount, some things are repulsive beyond words. But some love such sha.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
armyofone:

God bless America
God bless our troops

SemperFI
Work in the morgue? Maybe I'm just [i]mentally [/i]sensitive.

Hauwa my dear, se iwo lo n soro? undecided
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Ileke

If you are from Ora Ekiti, do you know the Olofintila's??
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by armyofone(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
ebony,
wink kiss hugs hugs, girl.

do u watch dr G on discovery health channel? some jobs are lipsrsealed but
somebody got to do it.

@ invisible!
it is almost halloween. Jason is looking for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by OAM4J: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Some people wont work in morgues for twice that amount, some things are repulsive beyond words. But some love such sha.

repulsive? yes it is. Even though I cant do it, somebody has to do the job. And the last time I checked, there are Nigerians at home who are also working in Nigeria morgues.

I thought your beef is with the crooks and not with the honest Nigerians doing odd jobs abroad. Anyways whatever. undecided
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

@Ileke

If you are from Ora Ekiti, do you know the Olofintila's??
LOL Nah, sorry.  wink

armyofone:

ebony,
wink kiss hugs hugs, girl.

do u watch dr G on discovery health channel? some jobs are  lipsrsealed but
somebody got to do it.

@ invisible!
it is almost halloween. Jason is looking for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

kiss kiss

LOL Nah, matter of fact, I watch the discovery channel only lol.
Iwo ati army e yi. . . .
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

Who gives a damn if you come to Africa or not? Who cares? Rubbish. Say that to your family who, according to you are "upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura. "

Africa will not miss you one bit.

Te hehe

What do u have inside your skull, a battery-operated brain? Buean Ventura and Africa? lol. Man, your sick for real!

invisible!:

I dont think you are worth the time or effort, we dont need[b] our bad children[/b] back home. Better they stay and waste in some foreign jail. We only ask our sensible children to visit, so thanks, dont come back yet till we build some strong prisons.

Your bad children? I'm advising you to seek out your siblings elsewhere since Moi I'm clearly not one of them!

Strong prisons? How about they go back when you can afford the basic amenities like Electricity, Clean water, and better Health care facilities?!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^^^^
bk.babe97y:

bk.babe97y:

Dude, ure just upset at your situation in life, thats what I see! Deceive urself all u want, your miserable financial situation is killing you and ure upset that those "Fuxcking Yankee Dudes" come home all the time and snatch up all those gals that wont even spit on u even if u paid them to splatter your face with slimy phlegm!!! Crazy talk like yours is not limited to only you, trust me; I've heard similar from my mom's family memebers . . .  . I guess its a "Third World Bitterness" thing! People upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura.  LMAO!

Dont worry, I bet once your visa application to Tahiti gets approved some of your anger will dissipate. . . . at least u'll get to eat from McDonalds and the such!

Tehehehe

I quoted you exactly. Thank God you know you are sick. LOL

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

What do u have inside your skull, a battery-operated brain? Buean Ventura and Africa? lol. Man, your sick for real!

Your bad children? I'm advising you to seek out your siblings elsewhere since Moi I'm clearly not one of them!

Strong prisons? How about they go back when you can afford the basic amenities like Electricity, Clean water, and better Health care facilities?!

Even when we get the amenities, we wont need you here, thats why I am thinking about comfortable prisons for you. I am being fair man!
And you cannot be one of my siblings, God forbid bad thing!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by EzeUche0(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
People need to stop bothering us in the Diaspora. We are trying to survive and thrive in the U.S.

Worry about our thieving politicians before you mock the people in the Diaspora.

[b]WE LEFT THAT IMPOVERISHED/BACKWARDS NATION KNOWN AS NIGERIA FOR A REASON. [/b]Now get over it!  angry
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by debosky(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^

You and the OP suffer from the same ailment of over-generalization. . . .many of the so called Diaspora are children/relatives of corrupt politicians and army men who robbed the country blind, failed to make proper use of Nigeria's resources but instead stashed them away abroad for their family members. Others have committed fraud in companies in Nigeria and gone abroad to spend their ill acquired wealth.

Others have broken every rule imaginable, committing fraud of all kinds and yet still feel the right to look down on those in Nigeria.

In the end there is little difference between the ones in Nigeria and the ones outside Nigeria - we are all too concerned about boasting, name calling and the 'I'm better than you' mentality.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
EzeUche0:

People need to stop bothering us in the Diaspora. We are trying to survive and thrive in the U.S.

Worry about our thieving politicians before you mock the people in the Diaspora.

[b]WE LEFT THAT IMPOVERISHED/BACKWARDS NATION KNOWN AS NIGERIA FOR A REASON. [/b]Now get over it!  angry

You dont get it, we didnt say you shouldnt travel, the gist is the type of thing you do there. To leave a corrupt country and thief abroad is my grouse, why leave in the first place? Those that are clean neednt bother with this topic.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2010
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

atampokeg, how did you get the pix of bk.babe90? grin grin

I see you get his joke, horrible english and all. I missed it!

I guess folks who say "like minds envision same" werent wrong afterall!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

I see you get his joke, horrible english and all. I missed it!

I guess folks who say "like minds envision same" werent wrong afterall!

hehehe, just ask her to remove your pix. How did she get to your FB profile? grin grin
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by EzeUche0(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
debosky:

^^

You and the OP suffer from the same ailment of over-generalization. . . .many of the so called Diaspora are children/relatives of corrupt politicians and army men who robbed the country blind, failed to make proper use of Nigeria's resources but instead stashed them away abroad for their family members. Others have committed fraud in companies in Nigeria and gone abroad to spend their ill acquired wealth.

Others have broken every rule imaginable, committing fraud of all kinds and yet still feel the right to look down on those in Nigeria.

In the end there is little difference between the ones in Nigeria and the ones outside Nigeria - we are all too concerned about boasting, name calling and the 'I'm better than you' mentality.

Not true. Most of the Nigerians I see in the Diaspora came over in the 80s during the military regimes, because they could not find jobs or wanted a better education.

ONLY A SMALL MINORITY of Nigerians in the Diaspora are benefiting from corruption. Most Nigerians in the Diaspora are hard working individuals.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

hehehe, just ask her to remove your pix. How did she get to your FB profile? grin grin

Lol. Thats a she writing all of this? That must be one hell of a "female" if u ask me!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by debosky(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
EzeUche0:

Not true. Most of the Nigerians I see in the Diaspora came over in the 80s during the military regimes, because they could not find jobs or wanted a better education.

ONLY A SMALL MINORITY of Nigerians in the Diaspora are benefiting from corruption. Most Nigerians in the Diaspora are hard working individuals.

The level of migration from Nigeria has ballooned since the 80s - your narrowsubset is hardly sufficient to classify the entire population of Nigerians. The thousands who went to Ireland because they could get easy passports once they delivered babies, the thousands that moved to the UK under HSMP, the thousands who've gone to the US under visa lottery.

You cannot make any definitive pronouncements on the proportion of corrupt Nigerians in Diaspora. . . .you simply don't have the evidence to back it up.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by monkeyleg: 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Debosky

You cannot make any definitive pronouncements on the proportion of corrupt Nigerians in Diaspora. . . .you simply don't have the evidence to back it up.

Neither can the writer of this post. where did he get 85% from.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^

I'm not saying he's right. . . but to attempt to turn the argument the other way to claim there are more corrupt people in Nigeria or more Nigerians abroad are honest makes the same mistake as the OP - making a conclusion based on weak anecdotal evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: Stop Lying To Nigerians, PDP Counsels Lai Mohammed / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors / United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.