Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

"Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness (39738 Views)

Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by dailynaijamode: 6:13am On Aug 30, 2019
An eyewitness, Ibrahim Abdullahi, who was a prisoner when the environmental rights activist, the late Ken Saro-Wiwa, was killed in 1995 by the late General Sani Abacha government, on Thursday, gave his account of how the late Ogoni leader and eight others were killed and buried.

He said the soldiers who carried out the execution took their corpses to a bush and poured acid on them before dumping them in a shallow grave.

Abdullahi, who was granted a state pardon in June this year by the Governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade, after spending 30 years in prison, stated this in an interview with journalists at the African Centre for Peace and Development, Abuja.

The 52-year old, who became a prisoner following the death of a man he fought with, was at the centre being run by Senator Shehu Sani to collect some financial assistance to enable him to settle down after his long years of incarceration.

The Katsina-born trader said he was in the prison with other inmates when the soldiers brought Saro-Wiwa and three others to join five of their colleagues earlier jailed.

He said the military men took over the entire premises on arrival and ordered the warders to go home.

He said the entire area was barricaded with four Armoured Personnel Carriers positioned in different directions.

Abdullahi explained that Saro-Wiwa, who was the first to be executed, insisted that he was innocent when he was being led to the gallows.

The gallows, according to Abdullahi, was directly opposite the condemned cell where inmates, including the late Musa Yar’Adua, watched helplessly as they snuffed life out of him.

He stated that the environmental rights activist cursed those who framed him and also said the Niger Delta region would never know peace following the great atrocity they had committed.

Abdullahi said the soldiers, after killing the nine Ogoni leaders, called some inmates, including himself, to assist in carrying their corpses to a bush inside a tipper for burial.

He said, “I was in the cell one day in 1995 when they brought the late Gen. Shehu Musa Yar’Adua (retd.), Senator Shehu Sani and Sanusi Mato. Sani and Mato were transferred to Aba and Owerri prisons respectively on the following day but they left Yar’Adua in Port Harcourt.

“One day in 1995, soldiers brought Saro- Wiwa and three others from the military barracks and chased away everybody who was not a prisoner.

“ Saro-Wiwa, who was chained in the legs and hands, was marched to the condemned cell which was directly opposite the gallows where he and others would be hung. They met the five others who were already in the cell.

“One Major Obi, who led the operation, made sure that no warder witnessed the execution. They serviced the gallows which could execute two people at a time. The Attorney-General of Rivers State then came with a file which contained the charges preferred against the Ogoni leaders.

“The AG went straight to their cell and read the charges to them and went back. One of them, a lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt, was crying, lamenting that his wife had just given birth to a new baby and that he was observing a dry fast on that day.

“Saro-Wiwa maintained that he did not ask anybody to kill anyone but that the Federal Military Government just wanted to kill him. He then said there would never be peace in Ogoni land forever because of the innocent souls that Abacha wanted to sacrifice. After this, the soldiers marched him to the gallows.

“They brought out his corpse and put him in a slab and they invited a medical doctor who certified him dead. They called four of us to take his corpse.

“That was how they executed them one after the other. One of them was even calling the name of Jesus until he was pushed to the gallows.

“After the execution, Major Obi collected the films of the hanging from the photographer and the tape from the video man and asked us to put all the corpses inside a tipper which was used to covey them and four of us to the bush where they were buried.

“The soldiers then poured raw acid on Saro-Wiwa and others when we got to the place called Bolokiri and their bodies melted instantly inside a single pit where they put all of them.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/soldiers-poured-acid-on-saro-wiwa-after-execution-eyewitness/amp/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by helinues: 6:16am On Aug 30, 2019
Prisoners talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Bluezy13(m): 6:18am On Aug 30, 2019
Hmmm...

That must have still been fresh in his memory since he knew no other life.
May this not awaken sleeping instincts

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by 1shortblackboy: 6:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Danm!

I was in shock when I went to Kano and saw posters of Abacha everywhere being portrayed as a hero

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Bluezy13(m): 6:22am On Aug 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
Danm!

I was in shock when I went to Kano and saw posters of Abacha everywhere being portrayed as a hero

Shit happens!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by oluwadabira111(m): 6:24am On Aug 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
Danm!

Hero kini

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by 1shortblackboy: 6:27am On Aug 30, 2019
Bluezy13:

Was Ojukwu not portrayed as a hero during the "Mayor of five" that gave birth to "black Thursday" in the "genocide mission" between 1967 and 1970 before he ran away and left Philip Effiong to table the white flag before the Nigeria

It was simply an act of war, anything goes.
guy I really didn't get your point

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Kalapizim(m): 6:28am On Aug 30, 2019
where we fit find this major obi ?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Bluezy13(m): 6:29am On Aug 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
guy I really didn't get your point

I feared you wouldn't.
A product of an ignorant new genetation.
Explains the myopic, incongruous and abysmal remark you opined up there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by PureGoldh(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2019
9ja my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by WonderManly(m): 6:34am On Aug 30, 2019
Nawa for we human being self...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by kestolove95(m): 6:34am On Aug 30, 2019
May God punish abacha the hrtless ruler

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by saintneo(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2019
Major Obi was just a pawn executing his duties.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by pyro62(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2019
This table you are shaking...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by aolawale025: 6:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Their case was on appeal, when abacha killed them

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by gift01: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2019
Bluezy13:

I feared you wouldn't. A product of an ignorant new genetation. Explains the myopic, incongruous and abysmal remark you opined up there.

He needed to be educated. You complicated things

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Bluezy13(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2019
gift01:
He needed to be educated. You complicated things

My bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by tayebest(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
Danm!

Picture or... acidic thunder undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by hisexcellency34: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Attention seeker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ihitenansa: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2019
Bluezy13:

Was Ojukwu not portrayed as a hero during the "Mayor of five" that gave birth to "black Thursday" in the "genocide mission" between 1967 and 1970 before he ran away and left Philip Effiong to table the white flag before Nigeria

Gowon did worse...
pointless

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by olisaEze(m): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2019
Bluezy13:

Was Ojukwu not portrayed as a hero during the "Mayor of five" that gave birth to "black Thursday" in the "genocide mission" between 1967 and 1970 before he ran away and left Philip Effiong to table the white flag before Nigeria

Gowon did worse...

Oga think before u speak! Which war was Abacha fighting that Ken Saro-Wiwa had to hang? He was an author & environmental activist who spoke against the environmental degradation perpetrated in ogoni land by the oil companies in collusion with a govt that was insensitive to the plight of farmers & fishermen of Ogoni land.

161 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Pentasoft1978: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=Bluezy13 post=81745352]

Gowon did worse...
[/quote

is buhari a hero

People should ask themselves what is preventing the real Buhari's family, Aisha in particular, from suing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) for libel, slander and defamation in his weighty declarations after declarations that Mohammadu Buhari is dead and replaced by an impostor? She has the connections and resources to institute almighty litigations against Mazi Kanu if truly Buhari is alive. That alone would truncate the mission of IPOB forever. Where's her courage of conviction in proving that the man in Aso Rock is her husband?
Nnamdi Kanu is not in hiding. He tours the world in his pursuit for Biafra. So you can't call him a faceless accuser. The cold silence from from the first family goes to underscore Kanu's position about Buhari's demise. If Kanu was just yapping, what could have given him the temerity to order IPOB members to be hunting for jubril for international disgrace? EZIOKWU NA AKWU OTO.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Shalomc(f): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2019
One Major Obi , who led the operation , made sure that no warder witnessed the execution

“After the execution, Major Obi collected the films of the hanging from the photographer and the tape from the video man and asked us to put all the corpses inside a tipper which was used to covey them and four of us to the bush where they were buried.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by chinavs9ja(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2019
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2019
Sorry Wiwa.

Sorrrrry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Cutefergieee: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Wao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by SouthSouth1914: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Yeah! That’s correct and not only him. You can watch the documentary on YouTube

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Airforce01(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Shalomc:
One Major Obi , who led the operation , made sure that no warder witnessed the execution

He was only carrying out Abacha orders .

That's the military for you .

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by money121(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Wicked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2019
What a sad story.
I never knew that Niger Deltans betrayed their own son and yet everybody blamed only Abacha just like in the case of Abiola.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by itsme01: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2019
where is abacha now?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Wigetsolar: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2019
I just pity children of these days who come online to spread religious and ethnic hate. They dont know the past and do not want to learn.

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion / Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React / Nigerian Man Honoured In Spain For Saving Life Of A Spanish Citizen. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.