Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,320 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:21 PM

Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes (22221 Views)

Ralf Rangnick Taking Over At Man Utd Is Not Good News - Klopp / Jose Mourinho And Pogba Having War Of Words During Training Session / Zidane Is Better Than Mourinho – Eden Hazard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by ogbiwa: 6:18am On Aug 30, 2019
OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER'S win rate at Manchester United is worse than both David Moyes and Jose Mourinho - with their clash with Southampton already being labelled "must-win".

Through the Norwegian's first 32 games in all competitions, he has won just 53.1 per cent, level with Louis van Gaal, but behind both Mourinho and Moyes.

In fact, Solskjaer has lost ten of his 32 games in charge after his hot start quickly fizzled out.

Incredibly, the current boss' win-rate in just 48.3 per cent in 2019 - and that figure dips to 36.4 per cent from February onwards and 25 per cent from March.

United appeared to have halted their late season slump - that saw them slip out of the top four - with a 4-0 season-opening win over Chelsea.

But a tame 1-1 draw with Wolves quickly dampened the mood, before a 2-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace doused the fire completely.

WORST OF OL?
While Solskjaer's first 32 games are across all competitions, if they were awarded league-style points (3-1-0), the current boss is comfortably the worst.

The Norwegian would pick up 56 points, behind Moyes, Van Gaal (both 60) and Mourinho (69).

Meanwhile, Man Utd fans have been left baffled after
Chris Smalling was allowed to join Roma on loan
ahead of Marcos Rojo or Phil Jones.

Smalling played 34 games in all competitions in 2018-19 and even chipped in with a goal against Watford.

Rojo meanwhile made just six appearances to Jones' 24 - with Matteo Darmian another United defender fans want out.

But Smalling has not been in any of Solskjaer's squads this season and was clearly hunting first-team football.

The ex-Fulham ace had fallen behind Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe in the pecking order.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9821313/man-utd-solskjaer-win-rate-worse-mourinho-moyes/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by PureGoldh(m): 6:58am On Aug 30, 2019
OK o
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Sylraph1: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
grin

I said ThatMan utd win against Chelsea was initial gra gra...and people said am jealous. sad

They are back to factory settings.. grin

The way Man utd is going down...They might end up discovering TITANIC.. grin grin

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
are u sure?
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Adeoludt(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
grin grin
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Joshbdexter(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
I still prefer him to Mourinho

8 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by helinues: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Man Utd fans are impatient..

Tottenham have not won a spoon for the last 10 years upon all their spendings.

Mind you, Wolves fans are not complaining

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Luvlyna(f): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread and see the pictures and specifications. Check my signature for contact

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2019
logon599:
Come to think of it, both Mourinho and Moyes were already experienced managers before coming to Man U. Solskjaer's previous experience in management was taking Cardiff to relegation, then going back home to Sweden to quietly manage Molde after deciding top level management and pressure wasn't his thing, before Man U felt he'll be the next Guardiola by going to talk him out of his conviction. Now we're here.

Solksjaer is assembling a good youth generation.

United fans have to be very patient. It took Pochettino about 4 years now to bring Spurs to this level they are in now.

Changing Ole will worsen United case. What will the new coach do? Sign new players of course, with no certainty of success as well, thereby increasing the club debt.

They have more to gain by keeping Ole than firing him. Besides I don't see anyother good coach out there.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Bluezy13(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2019
Oh...

Anytime I come across any news about Man U, even without reading the news, an inward sadness will creep into fanatical heart.

My poor Man U.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Jac007(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2019
Man u fans are insatiable and impatient, they must get to the promise land(Relegation zone).

4 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Kaybaba5(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2019
We have heard you loud and clear
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by nony43(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2019
B
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Zeezxo(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2019
And so

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:02am On Aug 30, 2019
logon599:
Come to think of it, both Mourinho and Moyes were already experienced managers before coming to Man U. Solskjaer's previous experience in management was taking Cardiff to relegation, then going back home to Sweden to quietly manage Molde after deciding top level management and pressure wasn't his thing, before Man U felt he'll be the next Guardiola by going to talk him out of his conviction. Now we're here.
but pep and zizu don't have coaching experience also before they rule the world football.

5 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by divinehand2003(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2019
Manchester United is made up of the wrong pairs of players that can't win consistently. The team needs urgent overhaul. The coach needs to bring new players that are hungry for trophies.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2019
helinues:

You are wrong to associate Spurs with spending. Spurs didn't sign a player for two good years. And their previous signings and the ones after that period never exceed $60million benchmark.

That doesn't mean i don't agree with you that United fans need to be patient. Squad re-build takes years. Sacking this coach will worsen their case.

I don't see any coach accepting the United job anyway. It looks like the best way to tan your reputation.

5 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2019
helinues:

Errrr Tottenham are not big spenders

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2019
After how many games?

Don’t sound stupid trying to feel good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by sameereinstein(m): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2019
I see more trouble for Man U in the coming days grin. Please they should compare his stats soon with Lampard before half of the season let's see who'll be the worst managers

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by m140(m): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2019
Moyes would have been okay, but impatient..... man.U , changing coaches like clothes
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2019
AkeNathan:

United fans have to be very patient. It took Pochettino about 4 years now to bring Spurs to this level they are in now.

Changing Ole will worsen United case. What will the new coach do? Sign new players of course, with no certainty of success as well, thereby increasing the club debt.

They have more to gain by keeping Ole than firing him. Besides I don't see anyother good coach out there.
man u is not a club that will say they are building team of young players for future because of their status. do u know how much Liverpool spent before they got to where they are today? what of Madrid and barca. coaches are not man u problems, but the only person they should just sack is Woodward. the man knows nothing about transfer of players.

5 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by realestniggah: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2019
I don't understand Manchester united because how do you beat chelsea 4-0 and lose to Crystal palace 2-1 and draw with wolves.. I like to think these match are match fixed..

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by starbright4real(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by grimandevil: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2019
helinues:

Which spending please, tot didn't sign any player for More than 2 yrs because of funds. They were building a new stadium
Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Dantedasz(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Gone by December.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by Godoverevery: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2019
AkeNathan:

pls don't come here wit wrong info......since d day poch took over spur dey av always qualified for the UCL..so which level did it took him 4yrs to get dem to...never 5th or 6th .....am a man utd fan have been supporting since 2003 ...bruv D's is worst ever man utd team av ever seen.
Lingard a no 10 with no goal or assist since December.....or a rash dat it will take him till eternity to develop finish....dat boy can't even do 15goals.

8 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2019
As he rush win, na so the losses they follow ham later

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by lexy2014: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2019
AkeNathan:

Assembling fire. Is this d record pochetino had when he was "assembling"? Where did poch take spurs from& where did he take them to?

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes by davspog2(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2019
AkeNathan:

four what? Pochettino didn't waste 4 years, after coming from Southampton, the first year he came sixth, since then I think they've qualified for champions league football if I'm not mistaken.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omg! A Must See For All. Safest Betting Strategy No Punter Has Ever Thought Of!! / Chelsea Offers Alvaro Morata Plus €55m For Gonzalo Higuain and Daniele Rugani / Harry Maguire: I Thought The Greek Policemen Were Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.