Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death (61222 Views)

Truck Crushes Man To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / January 31, 2020 Message For Oride Passengers Via Opay App / Oride & Otrike Restricted Areas In Lagos & Local Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by References: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2019
Barely 48 hours after a truck belonging to a cement company rammed into a BRT bus killing three and injuring many others in Lagos, another truck conveying cows yesterday crushed an operator of motorbike ride-hailing service, ORide (OPay), to death at Iyana-Itire bus-stop on the Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

The ORide operator simply identified as Sikiru was hit from behind and dragged off from his bike by the truck for a few meters on the one-lane service road inward Cele express. The main expressway had been cordoned off from Toyota bus-stop by HiTech Construction, which is rehabilitating the highway.

The Guardian gathered that immediately after the accident occurred, the truck driver fled from the scene. Policemen from the Ilasa police station chased after the driver, who drove to an area near Apapa, parked the truck and disappeared.

Sikiru, whose name was confirmed by a fellow ORide operator, was said to have only just obtained the new bike with plate number AAB-388VE on Saturday and began operations on Wednesday, the day before his death. It was gathered the company has been reached in a bid to get his address and contact his family.

Describing how the accident occurred, an eyewitness named Williams, said the rider was trying to swerve to the road setback to avoid the fast approaching truck but he was later dragged off the bike and his head crushed by the last wheels of the truck.

He said: “When he turned and saw the speed with which the truck was coming behind him, the Okada rider tried to move sideways for the truck to pass but couldn’t make it as the closeness was too much and the contact dragged him off his bike, getting his head crushed.”

Expressing his anger and grief, an eyewitness who pleaded for anonymity, lamented the slow pace of the construction work on the Oshodi-Apapa expressway. He said the little space left for trucks and vehicles on the service lane was too narrow.

“It’s been three weeks since this road has been cordoned off and the pace of work is slow. I don’t know how many lives would have to go because of this construction. The road left for these vehicles is too small. Recently, a container fell on someone on this same road. Their construction is taking too long.”

The Isolo-Mile 2 route is known for its traffic gridlock since the construction began, with just a lane available for all Cele-Apapa motorists. Attributing the narrow space on the service lane to the spoilt and abandoned vehicles on the roadside, a resident, Abayomi Olusegun, has called for the removal of abandoned vehicles along the corridor. His words: “These parked cars are causing problem. If they are not there, the road will be free a little. They are just dumped here, taking up space that Okadas could have been able to ply comfortably without the risk of death.”

Efforts to get further information at the Ilasa police station on the possible arrest of the truck driver or if the truck sighted at Apapa would be impounded, were not successful as The Guardian was referred to the Police Public Relations Officer at the Ikeja headquarters of the Lagos command.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/truck-crushes-oride-motorcycle-operator-to-death/

1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by PureGoldh(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2019
May His soul rest in peace

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by References: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Pathetic.....

May God rest his soul.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by thorpido(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2019
Is that his brain on the floor?Iyanmi! cry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by saydfact(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2019
sad cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Abidob(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
RIP to the dead.. May we never be a victim of circumstance

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Heman7(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Na wao

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Kendumazy(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Chai! Rest in peace to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Citytrend: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
God forbid bad thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2019
I heard he later survived it
Please update your post Op.
And that's not his head... That's his spare head

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by ignacini: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2019
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by StrikeBack(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2019
Anything can kill anyone in Nigeria.

An endangered specie is already a Nigerian.

Death is everywhere in Nigeria.

RIP SIKIRU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2019
Hot dayum*!...

Serial killers in trucks now eh?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by IYANGBALI: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2019
thorpido:
Is that his brain on the floor?Iyanmi! cry
Why you dey ask? You wan take am do pepper soup?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2019
Devils associated with doing business in Naija don locate this company?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2019
tyup:
This guy must be very good at Football

But where's the head undecided don't tell me those sect of people have mine the head so quick and fast shocked

Kids of nowadays

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Originakalokalo(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2019
It is unfortunate....

It is unfortunate that religion cannot take anyone to heaven.

Because heaven belongs to a God who is holy, his angels are holy, his throne is holy, hence, No sinners will enter there with his filthy soul.

Who enters heaven after death?

Someone without a single sin throughout his or her lifetime.

Is this possible?

Yea it is.

That's why the blood of Jesus is necessary.

Self righteousness cannot save you because One day, you will commit sin and the filthy of a single sin throughout your lifetime will disqualify you from entering heaven.

This is the basis of Christianity. It is righteousness and holiness that is obtained by faith.

My brother and sisters, forget religion and come to Jesus.... and he will cleanse you of your past, present and future sin....and give you the grace to live holy.

Accept Jesus today.

Death comes to us all. You might not return to your loved ones today....Time of death?.... no one knows.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by IYANGBALI: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2019
StrikeBack:
Anything can kill anyone in Nigeria.

An endangered specie is already a Nigerian.

Death is everywhere in Nigeria.

RIP SIKIRU
Na so mosquito kill my friend las year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Emceesaka: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2019
Rest in peace. May the Lord Almighty God forgive your sins in Jesus mighty name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by obembet(f): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Some people are insulting FKK.. U use now

RIP man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by IYANGBALI: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Abidob:
RIP to the dead.. May we never be a victim of circumstance
amen o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by shogsman(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2019
tyup:

But where's the head undecided don't tell me those sect of people have mine the head so quick and fast shocked

You’re very stupid,idiot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by IfeMiLove: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2019
tyup:

Imagine the thrash you're spewing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death by Gartol(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2019
tyup:

stop typing for likes you should be more matured than this

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Updates / Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.