Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 (38147 Views)

Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists / UBA Bank Set On Fire Over New Naira Note Policy / Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by TreasureJunky: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
I trust Nigerians,,, opportunity to deposit counterfeit notes.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by bikerboy1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
RockHard:
They should sensitize more people else the policy may not work. How many people are aware of this new policy?

You're very correct. People need to be sensitized
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by sallylet(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
I pray it should not end on Monday,i have a lot in my shop...someone should help me figure out away i can deposit it before on d 2 of sept.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by ZikZikZik: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
No wonder!!! Na cha-cha money dey enter my hand of recent!!!

Nice one there! Traders and conductors will have to adjust!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by tollyboy5(m): 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
useless news. seems I'm the only one thinking differently. what does the policy as to do with the Economy undecided
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by chakula: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
Most of commercial banks Haven't deposit mutilated notes to CBN just to avoid been charges that is why they prepare to make them in circulation.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Cocotrendz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
Even N50 and N20?
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Onyeakachukwu29: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
Isorite
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Emmanuel226(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
nextstep:
I got this email this morning... I really don't know why everything has to be last minute. So either today Friday or next Monday is all the time we have? So annoying. And what happens if I get mutilated bills next Friday? I can't put it in bank abi? This should be an ongoing exercise, as obtains in saner countries.

To be honest though, I don't have up to 2k in mutilated bills so it doesn't concern me grin
hahahaha cheesy
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by hardeycute(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
post=81765304:

They gave you guys 6 MONTHS to exchange your old, worn out and mutilated notes for new one, but trust some Nigerians, they are stubborn, heady and not cooperative in issues that meant well for them but keep blaming the government for each and every probs in their lives.
You will see them rushing to do what they had 6 months to do as from next monday.
What a people.
What a nation!
Use your brain, why can't it be a continual process

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by wink2015(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
nwakibie3:
Earlier today, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) sent out emails to its customers reminding them that they have until September 2nd, 2019 to deposit their mutilated naira notes at the bank. Failure to do this could warrant unwanted consequences.

According to the email from GTB, this is in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria‘s effort to get rid of mutilated, defaced, and unfit naira notes from circulation. The CBN’s Clean Note Policy was announced in April this year and lauded by several stakeholders, including the Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria, ABCON.

It is expected that strict adherence to this CBN policy will help guarantee public confidence in the naira by ensuring that only high quality and clean notes are allowed to circulate in the economy.

Why you must adhere:Nairametrics contacted the CBN to get more information on this matter. Specifically, we sought to clarify what would happen to Nigerians who fail to deposit their mutilated naira notes by September 2nd. Responding to this inquiry, a representative of the apex bank informed that anybody who fails to comply with the Clean Note Policy will have to bear the cost of losing the value of their money, seeing as such money will no longer be acceptable for transactions.

To avoid this from happening, therefore, Nigerians must hurry now to deposit any unfit naira notes in their possessions. In the same vein, they must refuse to collect such defaced money going forward.

In the meantime, commercial banks should put in more effort to ensure that henceforth, mutilated naira notes are painstakingly filtered out of circulation. This is imperative, seeing as commercial banks have often been accused by the CBN of deliberately mixing unfit notes and re-circulating them instead of sorting out the bad ones and returning them to CBN for destruction.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/08/30/your-mutilated-naira-notes-will-become-useless-after-september-2nd/

IT IS WRONG FOR THE CBN AND THE COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA TO FIX DEADLINE.

Collecting mutilated currencies and replacing it with new ones should be a continous exercise especially given our culture or system of handling money.

PRESIDENT BUHARI IS BRING MILITARY ! MILITARY ! TO EVERY OF HIS FISCAL POLICIES.

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Thor2025: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
ATM's disburse mutilated notes.

Meanwhile follow my signature if interested in making money through Fiverr
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by fruqy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Imagine. Here in Kano they collect all kinds of money. Even if you use black tape to hold it. They will collect it. How will you sensitize them not to collect anymore with such a short notice? You have no choice but to collect and give torn notes here. It's a norm
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Prettyvita:
Hmmn nice one.
I personally hate it when an ATM dispenses dirty notes.
E dey pain me separately

I'm sorry for that my dear. 2nd of sept henceforth you will cease to withdraw dirty notes ok?

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Emmanuel226(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
post=81765304:

They gave you guys 6 MONTHS to exchange your old, worn out and mutilated notes for new one, but trust some Nigerians, they are stubborn, heady and not cooperative in issues that meant well for them but keep blaming the government for each and every probs in their lives.
You will see them rushing to do what they had 6 months to do as from next monday.
What a people.
What a nation!
hmmm undecided lemme jus keep looking at u frm d tower of babel
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by DelphiOracle(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
post=81765304:

What a people.
What a nation!
what is six months? This exercise should be an ongoing one till they clear the system of mutilated notes.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by oladele239(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cbn , fg , banks ..... You're all mad raised to power 2
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by OlujobaSamuel: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lol, deadline It's not dollars that depreciate with year of production, so if you no accept again, I go just keep am for house, one day one day, you go start another round of mopping up, I go bring am then.
Stupiddd policy makers
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
Shèbi na person wey get money go get mutilated notes

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by NekkyCee(f): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nice handwriting smiley
passyhansome:
The country itself is mutilated just as those naira,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by rosamaris: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2019
Even though I'm just getting to know this, I still thank God because henceforth no more collecting mutilated notes from traders and conductors.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by coluka: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
passyhansome:
Very true

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by UgoManchester(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Why so soon?
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by ithink7: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
This is a foolish comment.
You said they gave 6 months but the banks are still dishing out mutilated note till yesterday Thursday.
You comment as if the people spending naira are inferior. Next time, you stfu.

post=81765304:

What a people.
What a nation!
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Psalmistproject: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
ONE OF THE GOOD THINGS I HAVE SEEN SO FAR!!!

I GUESS THE DEADLINE IS ONLY A PRELIMINARY DEADLINE IT WILL BE POST DATED TO ANOTHER DATE MAYBE 30 OCT AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE FIRST DEADLINE.
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by DedeNkem: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
There shouldn't be a limited time to deposit mutilated naira note! This is not done anywhere in the world!

These banks do it because the want to steal undeclared notes!!
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
passyhansome:

Nice font

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Prymestrr(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
nextstep:
I got this email this morning... I really don't know why everything has to be last minute. So either today Friday or next Monday is all the time we have? So annoying. And what happens if I get mutilated bills next Friday? I can't put it in bank abi? This should be an ongoing exercise, as obtains in saner countries.

To be honest though, I don't have up to 2k in mutilated bills so it doesn't concern me grin
This exercise have been on since April and banks invested alot in sensitizing the public; I know my employer did. I even did my own bit by informing anybody I came across handling unfit notes especially keke and bus drivers, hawkers on the streets even shop owners to go and deposit those funds into their accounts with banks at zero cost. Yet peopl of this country have choosen to be ignorant even to their own detriment. After september 2nd, if you bring any dirty money to the bank, you will be charged the approriate processing fee because the bank will not use their own money to pay CBN to clean the dirty cash you refused to deposit when you were asked to.

1 Like

Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by enolife2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
GTBank deadline is even better Small, first bank deadline ended yesterday
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by Okoroawusa: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Prymestrr:

This exercise have been on since April and Banks invested alot in sensiticing the public; I know my employer did. I even did my own bit by informing anybody I came across handling unfit notes especially keke and bus drivers, hawkers on the streets even shop owners to go and deposit those funds into their accounts with banks at zero cost. Yet ppl of this country have choosen to be ignorant even to their own detriment. After september 2nd, if you bring any dirty money to the bank, you will be charged the approriate processing fee because the bank will not use their own money to pay CBN to clean the dirty cash you refused to deposit when you were asked to.
Shikena!
Re: CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 by ThePreachersSon: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
nextstep:

This has been on all media platforms for almost 2 months now, Tv, radio, and other forms of media. But Nigerians don't want to pay attention, e go red for their eye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote, Toyin Saraki And Others Attend Folorunsho Alakija’s Son’s Wedding / Pools Bankers For The Week. / I Need Plastic Containers For Cream Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.