Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

My Comment On Secondary School Leaving Age Just An Opinion – Osun Speaker Declar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Comment On Secondary School Leaving Age Just An Opinion – Osun Speaker Declar (386 Views)

Osun Speaker Adewale Egbedun Prevents Policemen From Extorting Money From Youths / Assembly Election 2023: Osun Speaker, Others Lose As PDP Wins 25 Seats / Osun Speaker Timothy Owoeye & Aides In Hospital After Convoy’s Accident (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Comment On Secondary School Leaving Age Just An Opinion – Osun Speaker Declar by Princsk1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Osun Speaker Clear Air On Secondary School Leaving Age

SPEAKER of Osun State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Timothy Owoeye, has clear the air over his comment that Osun parliament would soon come up with a law that would peg secondary school leaving age at 18 was his suggestion.

Owoeye said, his postulation is borne out of genuine concern for the long term development of the state.

Media reports on Thursday stated that the speaker, while speaking made the statement at Osun Youth Agenda High-Level Stakeholder’s Policy Dialogue, held in Osogbo.

The speaker in a statement made available to Happenings NG on Friday said the statement is just his suggestion which has not been made to the law.

Owoeye asked the people of the state to channel their opinions to the state Assembly, affirmed that his comment is still a suggestion and has not been presented before the parliament.

The speaker in his word said, “If and when it is, accept my assurance that we will act in the best interest of our people and according to the wishes of the majority. Also, in accordance with global best practice, the house will conduct a public hearing to get the view of stakeholders on the bill.”

In the statement read: “My attention has been called to reactions surrounding news report on a comment I made earlier in the week at the Osun Youth Agenda policy meeting.

“My postulation that the House of Assembly should peg the secondary school leaving age at 18 is borne out of genuine concern for the long term development of our state, it's educational system and our youth.

“My gratitude goes to the stakeholders who have reached out to express support, solidarity and opinion on how best to formulate the law.

“As representatives of our people, I sincerely ask that you channel your opinions (positive and negative) to us. My comment is still a suggestion and has not been presented before the parliament.

“If and when it is, accept my assurance that we will act in the best interest of our people and according to the wishes of the majority. Also, in accordance with global best practice, the house will conduct a public hearing to get the view of stakeholders on the bill.

“I am particularly happy about the views expressed on the social media, I ask that we make it more constructive and also enjoin us to show more commitment to issues revolving around our polity in the near future.

“Your suggestions and opinions are very significant and important to us.

“Thank You and God Bless our dear state,” he added.

https://happeningsng.com/my-comment-on-secondary-school-leaving-age-just-an-opinion-osun-speaker-declares%e2%80%8e/

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun OAM4J

Re: My Comment On Secondary School Leaving Age Just An Opinion – Osun Speaker Declar by PureGoldh(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Let it be just an opinion ooh cos e no make sense
Re: My Comment On Secondary School Leaving Age Just An Opinion – Osun Speaker Declar by yemmybx(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tinubu Is Dead, Gov. Sanwo-olu Mourns / Xenophobia: Gbajabiamila Addresses World Press Conference On NASS Lawns / If You Are The President Of Nigeria What Would You Do To Settle The Xenophobic ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.