Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Dear Building Engineer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dear Building Engineer (503 Views)

Building Engineer! Building Engineer!! Building Engineer!!! Call : 07067279056, / Building Engineer/supervisor Required In Calabar / Contact A Building Engineer Today For Construction..07069331570 Is Our Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Building Engineer by Lawalemi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
I'm building a mini event center of about 40 by 90 feet in size.
Considering the size, my wish is to avoid the use of pillars (like three) inside the building but my builder differs in opinion.
Please what options have I in ensuring that I get this done without pillars inside the building?
See picture.

Re: Dear Building Engineer by Obafisenco(m): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Well it depend on the type of roofing u want to use,
If u are using iron as roofing frame then there won't be a need for concrete pillar at the middle, but if u are using wood as the roofing frame then there most be concrete pillar at the middle of the building, to support the roofing wood

2 Likes

Re: Dear Building Engineer by rmdayo: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
You would need to replace with steel frame. It's very possible, engage a professional structural engineer or consultant.

1 Like

Re: Dear Building Engineer by Lawalemi(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2019
rmdayo:
You would need to replace with steel frame. It's very possible, engage a professional structural engineer or consultant.

Thanks so much
Re: Dear Building Engineer by Lawalemi(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2019
Obafisenco:
Well it depend on the type of roofing u want to use,
If u are using iron as roofing frame then there won't be a need for concrete pillar at the middle, but if u are using wood as the roofing frame then there most be concrete pillar at the middle of the building, to support the roofing wood

Thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Houses For Sale At Gwarinpa,abuja / 3 Bedroom Flat For Rent At Chevron Drive, Lekki / A Room And Parlour Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.