Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country (531 Views)

11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force / Panic As Angola Bans Nigerian Travellers From Entering Country Amid Corona Viru / Breaking: US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines From Entering Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by Yankee101: 4:18am On Aug 31, 2019
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers can now create fictitious social media accounts to monitor social media information on foreigners seeking visas, green cards and citizenship.

An updated Homeland Security Department review of potential privacy issues dated July 2019 that was posted online on Friday essentially reversed a prior ban on officers creating fake profiles.

A USCIS statement explaining the change says fake accounts and identities will make it easier for investigators to search for potential evidence of fraud or security concerns as they decide whether to allow someone entry into the U.S.

https://www.apnews.com/bce31dd84d9440b78046b167809cfe8d
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by Gentlewarrior1(m): 4:37am On Aug 31, 2019
US of A. The american dream. Them wan stop people from dreaming and coming to there country. cheesy
Well i can't blame them sha. I blame we Africans especially Nigerians. When are we going to develop our land. How long do we continue to make a fool of ourselves ?. Why are we so self centered. One you get power you think only about yourself and your family. We black folks especially Nigerians need to sit up. We need to advance we need technology and basic amenities we need accountability and justice. How long do we continue to be savages. Why is the average white man or even other race more reasonable than us. Nawa o. We dont really have much reason to be actually proud of ourselves as the black race. We seem to be behind. Even the latinos are gradually overtaking us

With that said i think there are close to 8 countries i had rather stay than the US.

Only thing i fancy US is there high population of black citizens but still yet racism and gun violence still thrives there

So i think i will pass for now.

Canada, australia, Netherlands,germany, norway, finland , switzerland, singapore, denmark etc go well for me. Only problem be say as a black man one way or the other you will never actually feel at home

That's why we need to develop our country. So when they see you in their country they wouldn't look down on you as if you were from a jungle in Africa
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 31, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
US the american dream. Them wan stop people from dreaming and coming to there country. Well i can't blame them sha. I blame we Africans especially Nigerians. When are we going to develop our land. How long do we continue to make a fool of ourselves ?. Why are we so self centered. One you get power you think only about yourself and your family. We black folks especially Nigerians need to sit up. We need to advance we need technology and basic amenities we need accountability and justice. How long do we continue to be savages. Why is the average white man or even other race more reasonable than us. Nawa o. We dont really have much reason to be actually proud of ourselves as the black race. We seem to be behind. Even the latinos are gradually overtaking us

With that said i think there are close to 8 countries i had rather stay than stay in US.

Only thing i fancy US is there high population of black citizens but still yet racism and gun violence still thrives there

So i think i will pass for now.

Canada, australia, Netherlands,germany, norway, finland , switzerland, singapore, denmark etc go well for me. Only problem be say as a black man one way or the other you will never actually feel at home

That's why we need to develop our country. So when they see you in there country the wouldn't look down on you as if you were from a jungle in Africa

The "Amerikan Dream" is a mirage.

You have to be asleep & braindead to experience the "Amerikan Dream" - and that is why it is called "Dream". grin

Go to cities like Flint, Michigan; Camden, New Jersey & South side, Chicago, you will see people living in "Amerikan Nightmare". grin

62% (if not more) of all Amerikans have less than 1,000 dollars in their savings accounts and the Amerikan healthcare system is ranked 37th "best" in the world by the WHO. grin

One out of every eight children in Amerika live on food stamps.

To put it succinctly - The "Amerikan Dream" died along with JFK. grin

Don't ever be fooled. I would rather spend the rest of my entire life in Nigeria than visit that terrorist land of LGBT, Bestiality & Oppression. grin

2 Likes

Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by kampari: 5:41am On Aug 31, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself. America is a country everyone in the world wants to be it's citizen. Ask yourself why American embassies are filled with applicants all over the world.

Zoharariel:

You have to be asleep & braindead to experience the "Amerikan Dream" - and that is why it is called "Dream". grin

Go to cities like Flint, Michigan; Camden, New Jersey & South side, Chicago, you will see people living in "Amerikan Nightmare". grin

62% (if not more) of all Amerikans have less than 1,000 dollars in their savings accounts and the Amerikan healthcare system is ranked 37th "best" in the world by the WHO. grin

Don't ever be fooled. I would rather spend the rest of my entire life in Nigeria than visit that terrorist land of LGBT, Bestiality & Oppression. grin
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2019
kampari:
Keep deceiving yourself. America is a country everyone in the world wants to be it's citizen. Ask yourself why American embassies are filled with applicants all over the world.

It's simply because majority of them, just like you - are ignorant.
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by MrPresident1: 5:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Yankee101:
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers can now create fictitious social media accounts to monitor social media information on foreigners seeking visas, green cards and citizenship.

An updated Homeland Security Department review of potential privacy issues dated July 2019 that was posted online on Friday essentially reversed a prior ban on officers creating fake profiles.

A USCIS statement explaining the change says fake accounts and identities will make it easier for investigators to search for potential evidence of fraud or security concerns as they decide whether to allow someone entry into the U.S.

https://www.apnews.com/bce31dd84d9440b78046b167809cfe8d

Them no fit dey Nairaland grin, this place is too local for that kind of thing.

Abi dem dey, shey dem dey ni? shocked shocked shocked, naah, dem no dey Nairaland cheesy cool

Is nor dah serious na tongue
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:52am On Aug 31, 2019
Zoharariel:

Lol. You sure about that bro

Anyways there's no place like home. Despite lack of basic amenities, insecurities and all. You will always feel more comfortable in your country no matter what. Although it depends

That's why we need to develop our very own communities. We all need to contribute positively one way or the other

We are really behind

Common 24hours electricity that is qttainable in many small countries in europe, asia and even south america

Is rocket science in nigeria.. In 2019 embarassed
Re: US To Use Fake Social Media To Check People Entering Country by banty: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Lol. You sure about that bro

Anyways there's no place like home. Despite lack of basic amenities, insecurities and all. You will always feel more comfortable in your country no matter what. Although it depends

That's why we need to develop our very own communities. We all need to contribute positively one way or the other

We are really behind

Common 24hours electricity that is qttainable in many small countries in europe, asia and even south america

Is rocket science in nigeria.. In 2019 embarassed
u finish talk.. we either fix naija or we japa!

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Ivory Coast, Please Help Me! / . / Consular Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.