Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (16473 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 26, 2010
- in order to forgive us?

grin grin If you really sit down and think about it, it makes absolutely no sense.  grin grin

Sure, christians will come up with all sorts of esoteric, long-winded explanations for it, but we all know deep down  that none of those explanations really make sense.  grin  All the big man upstairs had to do was whisper in His mind three very simple words: I Forgive You.

Finish!! Finito! End of Story!!  grin All Done!! Goodnight! Kachifo!! Bye Bye!!

But I guess such a scenario was far too simple and unprofitable for the generations of professional priests, popes, pastors, 'prophets', cardinals, and other ''middlemen'' to heaven that have capitalized on our fear and guilt to rake in billions!  grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by onstelly(f): 6:02am On Oct 26, 2010
@poster are u sure u are ok?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 26, 2010
I'm very ok madam. How r u? grin
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Osama10(m): 6:03am On Oct 26, 2010
Hmmmn!
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by onstelly(f): 6:12am On Oct 26, 2010
ROSSIKE:

I'm very ok madam. How r u? grin
I hope so
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2010
Any reason you think I might not be ok?  I find your inquiry most strange. wink
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 26, 2010
Take a good hard look at this image. That's our solar system.  Earth is just one of the tiny round balls spinning round the sun. There are said to be billions of other solar systems in our galaxy!

And scientists estimate there are 125 BILLION galaxies in the universe!!

If the universe were Lekki Beach, Earth would not be up to a grain of sand on that beach in size. In the grand scheme of things, we're actually invisible, and a person observing the universe on a screen could not capture earth any more than you can capture a speck of dust floating across your eye as you read this.

Go on,  admit it is hard to conceive of a Creator responsible for ALL OF THAT, being even remotely interested or involved in sending anybody, never mind his ''only son'' to planet Earth to bleed to death on some wooden cross on account of any reason at all.  grin grin

If YOU created THIS STUFF, would it even occur to you to act in such a manner?

You know the answer.

Of course not!  grin
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by onstelly(f): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2010
ROSSIKE:

- in order to forgive us?

grin grin If you really sit down and think about it, it makes absolutely no sense.  grin grin

Sure, christians will come up with all sorts of esoteric, long-winded explanations for it, but we all know deep down  that none of those explanations really make sense.  grin  All the big man upstairs had to do was whisper in His mind three very simple words: I Forgive You.

Finish!! Finito! End of Story!!  grin All Done!! Goodnight! Kachifo!! Bye Bye!!

But I guess such a scenario was far too simple and unprofitable for the generations of professional priests, popes, pastors, cardinals, and other ''middlemen'' to heaven that have capitalized on our fear and guilt to rake in billions!  grin grin

This is my reason, read ur post every well.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 26, 2010
Oh, was there a part you disagreed with my dear?

Do lemme know. grin
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by onstelly(f): 7:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Cos u question d fact that God sent his only son to died, so that we may live. Why would u say such a thing, i think u need to ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by onstelly(f): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2010
Cos u question d fact that God sent his only son to died, so that we may live. Why would u say such a thing, i think u need to ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2010
Cos u question d fact that God sent his only son to died, so that we may live.  Why would u say such a thing, i think u need to ask God for forgiveness.

d fact?

What exactly makes your claim a fact?

Surely you're not naive enough to assume that just because it was written in some book, it must be true?

Have you done any personal research on the origin of this idea?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2010
@ROSSIKE,
You, young man, should know that religious faith and common sense do not go hand in hand.
Let me break your original post down further,
instead of just hassle-free, instant forgiveness, we hear that god committed suicide to forgive our sins, oh wait, he didn't commit suicide, he sent his son who was also himself except in human form and that son was the one that got killed, not god, even though both of them are one and the same. . . .
^^^This explanation actually makes sense to some people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by tarezulu(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2010
The Almighty didnt kill His son, we human beings did. He sent His son to show us the way to paradise, which He did and we murdered Him. End of story

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by steeze(m): 10:28am On Oct 26, 2010
God sent his son to 'die' for our sins. What kind of father does that? And further down the line, u discover that Jesus and God are supposed to be one and d same. Does that mean that God died? Lol. Religion and common sense doesn't go hand in hand like someone said.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
He was not murdered. He woke up 3 days later. . . stop claiming murder that never happened. What a fraud!
tarezulu:

The Almighty didnt kill His son, we human beings did. He sent His son to show us the way to paradise, which He did and we murdered Him. End of story
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by tarezulu(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
Because he resurrected 3 days later means it wasnt murder?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Kay17: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
tarezulu:

One, I did not consent to his murder, if the story were true, it was a fraction of ppl, that made the decision, so not humanity.

He lived on earth, was born here and would have died in any manner. The claim that he died for mankind is flawed, because he could have died of old age, disease, or any cause.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
The thing is, based on the figures I posted above, there HAS to be literally MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of planets with intelligent life on them. An invisible speck like earth simply CANNOT be the only place in the universe with intelligent life. It is statistically impossible. Now, with MILLIONS of planets with intelligent beings of various kinds, WHAT EXACTLY makes an invisible speck of dust like earth SO SPECIAL that the Creator would send his ONLY SON, to be slaughtered and nailed to a cross For a planet that doesn't even register on the screen even if one were to use the most powerful telescope

There must literally be MILLIONS of planets with ''sinful'' beings.

Did the Creator send this his one son to ALL the planets? How many times would his son have to have been slaughtered to gain forgiveness for so many millions of inhabited worlds?

So many questions!
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by daylae(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
"Why did God have to kill is son?"
Even though the question itself is wrong,cus God didn't kill his son;but i'll take it you're trying to say. "Why did God allowed his son to die? Isn't there any other way? Can't an individual simply live a good life? If God is such a loving God,then wouldn't he accept all people just the way they are? Aren't there other ways also to a relationship with him?"
A misunderstanding of the basic nature and character of God has been the cause to so much theological and ethical problems. Apart from love, holiness,justice,and righteousness is also true of God's nature. When he said the wages of sin is death,he is simply just being himself because he abhors sin. But he had to do something when man had fallen,and that proves his loving nature.

Another thing we fail to understand is that when God said he has forgiving us,that doesn't mean a price won't be paid,cus for every act of forgiveness there is always a price to pay. For example let say a child breaks a lamp in a home,but the father who is a loving and forgiving dad say,"don't cry honey. Daddy loves you and forgive you." But then, who pays for the lamp? Even though the father forgave,the fact is the dad paid for the lamp. Which in this case, christ paid the price to uphold God's justice and righteousness,and at the same time,victory was made through his death.

A judge preciding a case that involves his son,over a punishable crime cannot just say,"because he's my son and i love him,he is free to go." Won't there be questions asked about his integrity? The least the judge could do in such a case is taking his place;cus the price just must be paid;else justice would be murdered.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Mudley313: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
daylae:

Even though the question itself is wrong,cus God didn't kill his son;but i'll take it you're trying to say. "Why did God allowed his son to die? Isn't there any other way? Can't an individual simply live a good life? If God is such a loving God,then wouldn't he accept all people just the way they are? Aren't there other ways also to a relationship with him?"
A misunderstanding of the basic nature and character of God has been the cause to so much theological and ethical problems. Apart from love, holiness,justice,and righteousness is also true of God's nature. When he said the wages of sin is death,he is simply just being himself because he abhors sin. But he had to do something when man had fallen,and that proves his loving nature.

Another thing we fail to understand is that when God said he has forgiving us,that doesn't mean a price won't be paid,cus for every act of forgiveness there is always a price to pay. For example let say a child breaks a lamp in a home,but the father who is a loving and forgiving dad say,"don't cry honey. Daddy loves you and forgive you." But then, who pays for the lamp? Even though the father forgave,the fact is the dad paid for the lamp. Which in this case, christ paid the price to uphold God's justice and righteousness,and at the same time,victory was made through his death.

A judge preciding a case that involves his son,over a punishable crime cannot just say,"because he's my son and i love him,he is free to go." Won't there be questions asked about his integrity? The least the judge could do in such a case is taking his place;cus the price just must be paid;else justice would be murdered.

makes perfect sense

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by mantraa: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
Christianity in a nutshell

God creates man and women with free will in a garden with a forbidden fruit tree right in the middle.
Then he allows the devil in the form of a snake into the garden to tempt them to eat the forbidden fruit.
Then he gets mad and punishes them and all their future descendants with suffering and death because of that 'original sin'.

Then he gets even madder and murders them all in a global flood except for one drunkard and his family.

When this still doesnt fix the problem, he decides to send his ghost to impregnate a virgin woman with himself so the he can be born and call himself his only son.
Once he is born he can get himself murdered by humans to pay his own death penalty that he originally condemned us to.

Then he says he did this because he loves us and if we dont believe this story we will be brutally and mercilessly tortured and burned for ever in a place he created called hell with a lake of fire with giant flesh eating worms and evil monsters.

No disrespect, but what i find hard to understand is how this makes sense and sounds rational to anyone over the age of 3?
It was thought up by some ignorant, genocidal, bronze age, self deluded desert tribesmen thousands of years ago.

Just think about it!
You will see that its obvious that the story is fictional.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
daylae said:

Even though the question itself is wrong, cus God didn't kill his son;but i'll take it you're trying to say. "Why did God allowed his son to die? Isn't there any other way? Can't an individual simply live a good life? If God is such a loving God,then wouldn't he accept all people just the way they are? Aren't there other ways also to a relationship with him?"

A judge preciding a case that involves his son,over a punishable crime cannot just say,"because he's my son and i love him,he is free to go." Won't there be questions asked about his integrity? The least the judge could do in such a case is taking his place;cus the price just must be paid else justice would be murdered.

You cannot use human situations to rationalize God's actions or inactions. You're talking of a son who breaks a lamp. Does God recognise money? Does he need money? Answer = NO. Therefore breaking God's lamp is no loss to God.

A Perfect God cannot feel a sensation of loss or deprivation, or lack, so NOTHING we do or don't do is a loss to God.

If God is Perfect, then you must accept that the universe He created is playing out exactly in accordance with his wishes.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
mantraa said:

Christianity in a nutshell

God creates man and women with free will in a garden with a forbidden fruit tree right in the middle.
Then he allows the devil in the form of a snake into the garden to tempt them to eat the forbidden fruit.
Then he gets mad and punishes them and all their future descendants with suffering and death because of that 'original sin'.

Then he gets even madder and murders them all in a global flood except for one drunkard and his family.

When this still doesnt fix the problem, he decides to send his ghost to impregnate a virgin woman with himself so the he can be born and call himself his only son.
Once he is born he can get himself murdered by humans to pay his own death penalty that he originally condemned us to.

Then he says he did this because he loves us and if we dont believe this story we will be brutally and mercilessly tortured and burned for ever in a place he created called hell with a lake of fire with giant flesh eating worms and evil monsters.

No disrespect, but what i find hard to understand is how this makes sense and sounds rational to anyone over the age of 3?
It was thought up by some ignorant, genocidal, bronze age, self deluded desert tribesmen thousands of years ago.

Just think about it!

Bros, you know you can brainwash people into believing anything? The creators of christianity and islam were MASTER BRAINWASHERS.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by daylae(m): 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
Rosike: how else can i break this to you? Don't be too fast to condem.The important thing about the scenerio i painted isn't about the lamp,the money,neither is it the comparison of God to man. Its just to grasp it a simple way. Read again to understand my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
The more convoluted the myth is, the more people will accept it as the truth through blind faith. That is the dirty trick religious establishments use on their victims.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by okeyxyz(m): 12:28am On Oct 27, 2010
Jesus died to show dat d law of righteousness as written in d commandments & subsequent laws cannot give life\salvation. according to d law, jesus was upright & holy, which is why he is revered by all men, whether xtian or not. He even had to b born without sex(unnatural) so dat in him all of d righteousness according to d law will b fulfilled. d law of dos & don'ts, it is against man, & against nature, & Jesus was d personification of it. thus d crucifixion of jesus on d cross signified d actual crucifixion of d law, d accuser & condemer of man in his conscience. thus d saying: We r free from d law of sin & death & now alive unto d new law of liberty(new testament).

funny thing is all churches(in fact all man) still go back to d same crucified law to seek righteousness & deliverance. they still refer to d old jesus, they uphold & praise his ways & practices b4 his death. Jesus couldn't actually reveal d truth in plane language, so he spoke them in parables\codes. It was not yet legal to speak truth, because d law at d time was alive & legally was d authority.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by sexxxxy(f): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2010
daylae:

Word , daylae, word

After this explanation,if some ppl still cant grasp the truth from it, ,then what more can you really do, (shakes head)
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Exponental(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
Borrow a bible if u dont av one!

[size=30pt]JOHN 3:16[/size]
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Sexxxxy please do not mind ROSSIKE. The book of Rev. 13 : 10 says " he that will go into perdition, into perdition will he go". It high time we realized that our views about GOD and our savior JESUS CHRIST do not and will never change what GOD has instituted. He that does not believe, let him continue in his unbelief and he that believes, let him be steadfast and hold on o the end. A time will come when we will know the truth, but remeber that there will be shouts of ,had I known'. JESUS CHRIST CAME TO SAVE MANKIND FROM SIN! JESUS GAVE HIMSELF FOR OUR REDEMPTION! IF YOU ACCEPT HIM FINE, IF YOU DON'T THAT'S UP TO YOU. Go on ROSSIKE, continue in your futile thinking. If you care, read Romans 1: 18 - 22
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Tudor6(f): 12:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
With all the lies, 419, brainwashing and robbery in churches done in the name of Jesus, I think that jewish carpenter should be killed again. Add to that the wars, death and destruction in his name then the messiah should hanged by his holy balls and fried alive.

I wonder how someone could be so moronic as to call a fellow human like them (who died over 2000 years ago) ''God''. That some people are still waiting on him to fly down from heaven and take them up borders on madness.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
ROSSIKE! ROSSIKE!! ROSSIKE!!! How many times did I call you? Stop talking of things bigger than you ooooo!!!! Hhhhmmmmm!!!!! I beg you, do not incur the wrath of GOD in your sin ridden life ooooo. Go and ask people that debated on this issue and died without repentance where they are now. He that has ear let him hear oooooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. / Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / MFM POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS JUNE 2017 SERMON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.