Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans (48491 Views)

3 Americans Dead, As Plane Crashes Into House In Ukraine (Pix, Video) / COVID-19: No Entry For Nigerians, Americans Into Europe / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by dangotesmummy: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
Trump should continue destroying America with his impulsive and thoughtless decisions and he will see where America will land

Yorubas says it takes both hands to wash each other for both hands to be clean.as if America could make it on their own without the pain and sweat of blacks

If someone feels he's too important to need blacks, leave him alone.ojue atoja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by famzynet: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
Africans should stop deceiving themselves. America is miles far better.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by BlackfireX: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
After hearing the sermon of how afurika is better than amurika....

On Monday for US embassy..... Half of NL is on queue looking for visa.

grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Angelfrost(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Yes everyone would love to live there until they get there and find out it is a mirage. The biggest shame will be leaving there without achieving anything. That's the shame over one million Nigerians are living with in America. They can't come back because they are stuck. If you ask Americans to pay cash for their cars 99% of them won't be able to afford it. Americans are broke and miserable and 95% of them will die in debt. If in 2019 Nigerians don't know an average Nigerian is richer than a middle class American then they are the dumbest donkey on earth

I have a lot of close friends there, and you said it all...

What's up with a society where wealth is actually a mirage?... You basically pay for everything to the point that you have no real retirement. The day you stop working, you are in trouble.

People graduate from school, and 6 years after, they are still repaying student loans... You are simply enslaved to a parasitic system.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by orunmila144: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
its true. USA is a scam. in fact the whole europe is a scam. one chance

10 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Godi25(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
NONNYG:
Statistician, i wonder where you're getting all these figures fromgrin
LOL.. U can call him Statistician, but what he says is the bitter economic truth

15 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Harmored(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2019
You be mumu.... Nigerians unah mumu never doooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by donsola(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Yes everyone would love to live there until they get there and find out it is a mirage. The biggest shame will be leaving there without achieving anything. That's the shame over one million Nigerians are living with in America. They can't come back because they are stuck. If you ask Americans to pay cash for their cars 99% of them won't be able to afford it. Americans are broke and miserable and 95% of them will die in debt. If in 2019 Nigerians don't know an average Nigerian is richer than a middle class American then they are the dumbest donkey on earth

See this one.. u are living in a fool's paradise.

8 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by alphaNomega: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Yes far better with college students sleeping with sugar daddies to pay back their student loans?

https://www.businessinsider.com/seeking-arrangement-sugar-daddies-pay-sugar-babies-college-tuition-2017-11?IR=T

Yes far better with 62% of Americans one paycheck away from living on the street

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06

Yes far better with people who have masters degrees still working till the age of 75 to be able to afford retirement and not die in debt

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/millennial-grad-retirement-age-is-75/

When next you come here to quote me just know you are talking to someone who knows the US. like the back of his hand. I have rendered so many people useless on this forum daring to engage me. The next time you quote me you will get a serious uppercut that will lead to spinal injury

All you wrote here, the sugar daddy thing, the paychecks to paycheck life, having an advanced degree and still working into old age all happen here and is worse.

In fact the advanced degree holders here are largely unemployed or under employed. We know America is not a bed of roses, but it is far far better than ALL AFRICAN COUNTRIES.

Do you know if you apply for a certain role in an International Oil Company based in Nigeria with your First class degree from a Nigerian University and another candidate applies for same position with a lower grade (but within requirement for same job role) no one will look your way?

Rather than deny the poor standard of living in African countries why not accept it is poor, then make genuine efforts to improve it.

This state of perpetual denial has got the country no where for decades.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Pr0cter: 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2019
I actually agree with the OP. Take for example cars. Most Nigerian's make full payments for the big cars they use unlike the Americans that pay on installment probably on loan

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by mrZENographer: 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2019
I think this is true. At least if you consider agriculture. We have it and much cheaper and non-gmo

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by FEGNO: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
ITS BETTER TO TELL YOUR SELF THE TRUTH INSTEAD OF BEING DELUSIONAL. AFRICANS ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY POOR COMPARED TO THE LIFE AN AVERAGE AMERICAN LIVES. STRESSFUL LIFE? YES BUT LIVING BETTER? MY BROTHER, WRITE SOMETHING ELSE OK

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by orunmila144: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
speak on it

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by alphaNomega: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
FEGNO:
ITS BETTER TO TELL YOUR SELF THE TRUTH INSTEAD OF BEING DELUSIONAL. AFRICANS ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY POOR COMPARED TO THE LIFE AN AVERAGE AMERICAN LIVES. STRESSFUL LIFE? YES BUT LIVING BETTER? MY BROTHER, WRITE SOMETHING ELSE OK

Don't mind the basstards

9 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by shine12: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
I use to have a cash at hand mentality. While I agree that too much debt is bad for an individual and that the financial companies in the western world are almost operating at usury level now and very greedy at the same time how do you expect a drop-out bus driver to buy a house, a family car, pay for car insurance with cash at hand. Its through credit.
In the western world, the jobs that are frowned upon in Africa like a bus driver can guarantee a mortgage and the bus driver can even own a house and a family car through credit.
Credit is nothing but borrowing from your expected future earnings. The buy with cash at hand mentality doesn't mean anything. In fact credit drives growth. The reason why we don't have as much infrastructural development in Africa is that FDI credit is not coming our way.

A large nation cannot move to middle income or high income status without credit to coming from consumer spending.

Hypothetical Question:
If you have £100,000 at hand and you can invest it and net a 10% yield yearly or rather buy a house and pay 2% interest on the loan. Do you buy with the "cash" or invest your money and pay the credit interest from your investment income and be left with 8%.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Macon1212: 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=useni1 post=81779822]This is the truth and nothing but the truth. The media has done a lot to portray life in the Western world when in reality it is very far from the truth.[/quote

It's a wrong info you are portraying here. You that just lives 6 months here and we that have been here for many years know that it's better than any African countries. I don't deny that some people are poor but poverty here can't be compared to Africa. The cheapest thing here is good many people eat what they want and not what they see. Africans would like to work many jobs but few opportunity available. Security is great unlike Africa. First degree education is free for qualified people. Many Africans would like to purchase things in credit and pay monthly buut there is no opportunity. So what are you talking about? Koro America o San ju koro Africa lo.

9 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by SOAG(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
BlackfireX:
After hearing the sermon of how afurika is better than amurika....

On Monday for US embassy..... Half of NL is on queue looking for visa.

grin

Thumbs up for such wonderful comment. If the OP believe in all this him grammar let him share free american visa and see watin go happen

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by salford1: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pr0cter:
I actually agree with the OP. Take for example cars. Most Nigerian's make full payments for the big cars they use unlike the Americans that pay on installment probably on loan
Most Nigerians make full payment on cars 20 decades old. Very few buy new car outright.

If Nigerian are buying enough new cars, Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Chevrolet, Nissan etc would have factories in Nigeria just like in Western countries which will further help the employment crisis in Nigeria.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Jeromejnr(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pr0cter:

The question is, most of the cars Nigerians use are they new or used?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by gly(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
tyup:

don't mind that timesup234 of a guy between him and buhari I wonder who's more clueless undecided

the only thing that's hard to do in America is starting up a business of ur own cause it requires alot of money to earn big plus it's not easy to be a millionaire there but apart from that go to heaven and back America is far better than any African country and it's Economic policies ensures her citizens or it's dwellers live fine

Bros why is the same economic policy not well structured to address the bolded. Let nobody deceive you they have their hills and valleys just like Naija. The only thing is this, their level of exposure is high!!! If not for the stupid politicians playing with our IQ, Nigeria would be preferred to the USA.

11 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by DLuciano: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
NONNYG:
Statistician, i wonder where you're getting all these figures fromgrin
don't mind him, let him keep on deceiving himself. My family member that relocated there January 2018 gladly told us America is a mini Heaven. He is there with his with wife working. Within that same year bought a big car and by December 2018, sent money to every of their siblings and parents. Just with a little legitimate job! They have told me much advantages enjoyed in the US as long as you are law abiding.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by CanadaOrBust: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
That’s what I keep telling people: money and good infrastructure and constant electricity does not necessarily translate to happiness. You may have all these but still find you are unhappier than u were in 9ja - unhappy to the point of suicide.

8 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by HBB1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
Anybody that says Nigeria is better than the US has a mental problem!!!

Well poverty has a way of making people mad sha.

Live in the West first before you start saying oshi!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Weathered: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Yes far better with college students sleeping with sugar daddies to pay back their student loans?

https://www.businessinsider.com/seeking-arrangement-sugar-daddies-pay-sugar-babies-college-tuition-2017-11?IR=T

Yes far better with 62% of Americans one paycheck away from living on the street

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06

Yes far better with people who have masters degrees still working till the age of 75 to be able to afford retirement and not die in debt

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/millennial-grad-retirement-age-is-75/

When next you come here to quote me just know you are talking to someone who knows the US. like the back of his hand. I have rendered so many people useless on this forum daring to engage me. The next time you quote me you will get a serious uppercut that will lead to spinal injury
Got to confess, I have never seen ignorance take wings and fly as do yours.

What a numskull.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Earthquake1: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2019
I hope none of you writing this sh1t is living in America

If you are, you are a hopeless fool and I'm coming to join you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by orunmila144: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2019
some of you need to watch this video from wode mayas channel posted a few days ago from a british woman who escaped from england and went to gambia. very eye opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpoQRPh2dU

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by AnanseK(m): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
ebuk4real:
grin

At least e better pass our badly managed country. And if given the opportunity, both of us would love to live there o

Count me out. Never would I want to live in America or anywhere else but Nigeria. To pay short visits to other countries is okay.

Please Baba God take note of this my request and prayer, I’m serious, keep me in Nigeria. Don’t mind the ingrates and the lazy lots who don’t know that America was built by sacrifice of its proud citizens.

6 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:

But I read its the biggest market for Chinese products, if they can't afford it hw come it still remains Chinese biggest market.

2 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by MobilityExpress: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:

You're here talking about the supposed FICTITIOUS "over 1 million" Nigerians in America leaving there without accomplishing anything. Ok, what about the REAL over 160 million Nigerians living in Nigeria that are not accomplishing anything? Do you even know that Nigerians are "overall" the most accomplished black people in America, even more successful than African Americans themselves. That is in terms of percentages, more Nigerians are succeeding in America than any other black group in America. Continue deceiving yourself.

17 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by BlackfireX: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2019
SOAG:

Thumbs up for such wonderful comment. If the OP believe in all this him grammar let him share free american visa and see watin go happen

grin

2 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2019
salford1:

Most Nigerians make full payment on cars 20 decades old. Very few buy new car outright.

If Nigerian are buying enough new cars, Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Chevrolet, Nissan etc would have factories in Nigeria just like in Western countries which will further help the employment crisis in Nigeria.
we pay between 1.5million to 2.5million for a 15yrs old car. Most Americans dont have $400 so what are you saying? Yes we can buy new cars if we want but you fail to remember that the cars we buy here comes with extra cost like shipping, clearing and dealer profit. Nigeria is better than America, choke on it!

2 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Chill2: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2019
Who cares about having plenty money in your bank account. Same reason why Africans dwell in corruption, everyone wants money to out shine the other. The essence of life is having access to what you need to be comfortable while alive. That is what the American society provides. It doesn't matter how much you have, no matter how much cash you have the end phase of life is death.

30 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) / Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.