Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc (14533 Views)

Xiaomi’s Crazy Phone With Wraparound Display To Be The Most Expensive Phone / Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Seuntek(m): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2019
I sought for the opinion and advice on the best phone to get for 50k some days ago. I made it clear that i need AMOLED DISPLAY in my device. The Samsung galaxy A20 was extensively suggested. I finally settled for it. The display is fantastic. I think IPS LCD doesn't stand a chance with AMOLED. That's the bitter truth.
The phone is super fast, i installed all the apps i could not install on my Infinix phone due to lagging ish. They all run smoothly. The Samsung galaxy A20 is also very sleek and smart to hold.

Thanks for the suggestion..... The back camera is very ok but the front camera is poor in the dark. That's the truth. But i don't really care about camera.

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DeHumbleTboy: 3:16am On Sep 01, 2019
Congratulations but I'm still obese with xiomi. One thing I hate about Samsung is the battery lagging issue. I have use lot of Samsung and notice that Samsung users go with their chargers just the way we go about with slipper on our let legs. At first the battery will cool but as time goes on poor hit everywhere. Samsung is not for heavy phone users that's the obvious truth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by czar2k16(m): 6:30am On Sep 01, 2019
Congrats, I also just got the A20 at Ikeja yesterday. The phone is really nice. But I'm pained at the fact that notification lights are absent.
Iv also been trying to change the bluetooth visibility name haven't been able to.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Stevengold(m): 6:30am On Sep 01, 2019
Seuntek:
I sought for the opinion and advice on the best phone to get for 50k some days ago. I made it clear that i need AMOLED DISPLAY in my device. The Samsung galaxy A20 was extensively suggested. I finally settled for it. The display is fantastic. I think IPS LCD doesn't stand a chance with AMOLED. That's the bitter truth.
The phone is super fast, i installed all the apps i could not install on my Infinix phone due to lagging ish. They all run smoothly. The Samsung galaxy A20 is also very sleek and smart to hold.

Thanks for the suggestion..... The back camera is very ok but the front camera is poor in the dark. That's the truth. But i don't really care about camera.

Congrats, is that Long thing in the photo � a speaker

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 01, 2019
Samsung A20 for sell in PH
5 months old with a cracked screen
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 7:25am On Sep 01, 2019
Your sound bar na die shocked
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by richmind2019(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2019
No apologies but my infinix smart 3 plus has better features than this crap..

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by flourishing247: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2019
Great choice
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 7:43am On Sep 01, 2019
DeHumbleTboy:
Congratulations but I'm still obese with xiomi. One thing I hate about Samsung is the battery lagging issue. I have use lot of Samsung and notice that Samsung users go with their chargers just the way we go about with slipper on our let legs. At first the battery will cool but as time goes on poor hit everywhere. Samsung is not for heavy phone users that's the obvious truth.
Most of the said Samsung phones are UK used devices,can you blame a TWO YEAR used phone if the battery starts acting up? shocked

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Treyknowles(m): 7:44am On Sep 01, 2019
richmind2019:

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2019
richmind2019:
You must be an Infinix Marketer,

A Joker.

Or

Knows

Jack about Smartphones..

In which Furcking way
Is your CRAPPY Infinix better than the A20? angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Darkseid(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2019
I just hope you'll come back here to complain when the phone starts acting up. I begged my friend to buy Redmi Note 7 but he insisted that he wanted a samsung he got a Samsung A30. The next day he started regretting, he even asked me if slot would agree to change it. Three days after buying it, he sold it 10k less just to get rid of it, added money and got a Redmi Note 7.
And for those screaming "super AMOLED", the display on Samsung A20/ A30 is shitty, it doesn't even come close to that of Redmi Note 7.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by wiseone28: 8:07am On Sep 01, 2019
Seuntek:

You wanted to show us the red rug or the phone?

11 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by yetunsbay(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2019
Advice with any Huawei smartphone with battery capacity worth more than 4000mah ?

I'm a big fan of huge battery
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DeHumbleTboy: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Most of the said Samsung phones are UK used devices,can you blame a TWO YEAR used phone if the battery starts acting up? shocked
you mean brand new Samsung UK used? Oga clear the air I don't understand what you are trying to say sir.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by kaffyadeakeem(f): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2019
You're showing us sitting room

Where is the phone

Thought you said you will unboxing it

What's that long black thing in your sitting room?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by lennsmart(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2019
kaffyadeakeem:
You're showing us sitting room

Where is the phone

Thought you said you will unboxing it

What's that long black thing in your sitting room?

It's a coffin

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2019
DeHumbleTboy:
you mean brand new Samsung UK used? Oga clear the air I don't understand what you are trying to say sir.
My statement was very CLEAR,unless you have comprehension issues..

MOST people complaining about Samsung batteries are those that bought second hand (UK USED) Samsung devices,with already DETORIATED BATTERIES.. shocked

When you buy a USED Galaxy S8 Plus,do you expect the battery to be Stellar?

11 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by richmind2019(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
You must be an Infinix Marketer,

A Joker.

Or

Knows

Jack about Smartphones..

In which Furcking way
What are the features of the a20
Is your CRAPPY Infinix better than the A20? angry
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2019
Darkseid:
I just hope you'll come back here to complain when the phone starts acting up. I begged my friend to buy Redmi Note 7 but he insisted that he wanted a samsung he got a Samsung A30. The next day he started regretting, he even asked me if slot would agree to change it. Three days after buying it, he sold it 10k less just to get rid of it, added money and got a Redmi Note 7.
And for those screaming "super AMOLED", the display on Samsung A20/ A30 is shitty, it doesn't even come close to that of Redmi Note 7.
Any phone can act up,for every batch produced a certain percentage is expected to have issues..

Even the RN7,there was a girl on the Xiaomi thread complaining about her RN7 which she just bought within the week and it was later changed for her..

And Samsung AMOLEDS are NOT SHITTY,they are WORLD ACCLAIMED as the BEST IN CLASS and in NO WAY is the RN7 better..

And before you jump on me as a Samsung fanboy,am typing this from a Xiaomi Mi Max 3..

21 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by shedy03(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2019
Seuntek:

U did d right thing settling for Galaxy A20
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 9:42am On Sep 01, 2019
Darkseid:

I told this dude seuntek , he argued with me.... Even my a70 is tad better than my redmi note 7 only because of the processor and battery, display is similar to my redmi note 7 , even my redmi note 7 is more premium than my a70 in terms of body build, and a90 is the highest of all the "A" series phone.
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2019
yetunsbay:
Any one with Huawei smartphone with battery capacity worth more than 4000mah ?

I'm a big fan of huge battery

I have clean Huawei y9 (2019) for sale.... Price 40k
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by yetunsbay(m): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2019
CirocBoi:

I have clean Huawei y9 (2019) for sale.... Price 40k
sorry, don't fancy anything second hand

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2019
yetunsbay:
sorry, don't fancy anything second hand

Then edit your previous post... U stated "any one with Huawei phone with big battery" so you don't mislead people.... Next time direct it to slot or omegatron or best use "where can I buy brand new phone"

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2019
CirocBoi:

I told this dude seuntek , he argued with me.... Even my a70 is tad better than my redmi note 7 only because of the processor and battery, display is similar to my redmi note 7 , even my redmi note 7 is more premium than my a70 in terms of body build, and a70 is the highest of all the "A" series phone.
you guys even bring your lying sprees even on sundays? undecided

So apparently you re saying Samsung are fools or bluffing on use of super amoled display used on a series or that there isn't any clear difference between super amoled and ips LCD?
Or that you need google lens glasses in other to see the clear crisps and picture details in the super amoled screen unlike the LCD?

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
you guys even bring your lying sprees even on sundays? undecided

So apparently you re saying Samsung are fools or bluffing on use of super amoled display used on a series or that there isn't any clear difference between super amoled and ips LCD?
Or that you need google lens glasses in other to see the clear crisps and picture details in the super amoled screen unlike the LCD?

Since you are the CEO of AMOLED display at Samsung headquarter, please can you tell us why Samsung didn't use dynamic amoled(the same AMOLED featured on the s10) on their "A" series ? No doubt AMOLED is a great display but AMOLED has grade...... Or you want to say super AMOLED is better than dynamic or fluid AMOLED that is found on oneplus 7..... If the super AMOLED is that great Samsung would have featured it on its s10 series or note 10, and mind you Samsung used super AMOLED on their s9 series but don't forget that phone has QHD+ display and a very high ppi that's why the super AMOLED looks great on it, the a20 has a very low ppi and it's just hd+ display so don't expect it to look very crisp because you guys are generalizing AMOLED forgetting the way the OEM implemented it that really sums it all,AMOLED on a 4k display with a very high ppi will look extremely crisp compared to AMOLED on an HD display with a low ppi..... The fluid AMOLED on the OnePlus 7 is far better than the dynamic amoled on s10

18 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by bigAG(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2019
Darkseid:
I've used both a30 and note7 and i can tell you for free that this write up is misleading

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by sunnymix: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2019
czar2k16:
Congrats, I also just got the A20 at Ikeja yesterday. The phone is really nice. But I'm pained at the fact that notification lights are absent.
Iv also been trying to change the bluetooth visibility name haven't been able to.
how much is samsung a20
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by bigAG(m): 10:46am On Sep 01, 2019
CirocBoi:

I told this dude seuntek , he argued with me.... Even my a70 is tad better than my redmi note 7 only because of the processor and battery, display is similar to my redmi note 7 , even my redmi note 7 is more premium than my a70 in terms of body build, and a70 is the highest of all the "A" series phone.
False sir. Is a70 also higher than a80?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by nelsonebby(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2019
richmind2019:
werey grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total Internet Blackout On Glo Network / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. / Help...!!! With Site I Can Download Movies On My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.