Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc (14563 Views)

Xiaomi’s Crazy Phone With Wraparound Display To Be The Most Expensive Phone / Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
Redpanter:

Depends on the quality of the amoled display though, like comparing a 2k lcd to a 720p amoled lipsrsealed

RN7 display could be better than Samsung A20 even though its an lcd display..... Have not handled both
The A30 is a FHD+ AMOLED screen just like ALL the high end Xiaomi devices with AMOLED Screen..

And the same Xiaomi is using a 720p AMOLED screen on their Mi A3 which is positioned higher than the RN7.. shocked

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
The A30 is a FHD+ AMOLED screen just like ALL the high end Xiaomi devices with AMOLED Screen..

And the same Xiaomi is using a 720p AMOLED screen on their Mi A3 which is positioned higher than the RN7.. shocked
double standard couldn't get any better cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
So you people are telling me that the a20 screen is better than LCD on iphones,Sony,HTC,and lg flagship because of one cheap amoled capped at 720p
grin

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by ruggedtimi(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
what about the battery life ?
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by CirocBoi(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2019
Redpanter:
[s][/s]

grin grin
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

grin
is a20 similarly priced with those LCD flagships
What they were talking about there was similarly priced device (flagship-flagship), not lowermidrange-flagship
Its just like saying a20 display is better than xperia xz premium display... It doesn't make sense

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
is a20 similarly priced with those LCD flagships
What they were talking about there was similarly priced device (flagship-flagship), not lowermidrange-flagship
Its just like saying a20 display is better than xperia xz premium display... It doesn't make sense
amoled technology offers what ips can never offer,
thas the fact, no matter the ppi,
amolef screen technologyis different from other type of lcd , it uses light emitting diodes,, giving u the deepest and sharpest colour contrast you can ever get,
but ips screens uses backlights

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:

don't compare the amoled used on a30 to the ones just on xiaomi flagship,they are of different tech even tho their res are the same
..its just like saying s10e amoled is same as the one on a30
And is the amoled the only thing you can find on the a3? You didn't see better soc,camera,and other new features abi

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

amoled technology offers what ips can never offer,
thas the fact, no matter the ppi
am not into the amoled vs IPS argument, but what I know is that the amoled on the a20 is mediocre

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

thas the fact, no matter the ppi,
amolef screen technologyis different from other type of lcd , it uses light emitting diodes,, giving u the deepest and sharpest colour contrast you can ever get,
but ips screens uses backlights
baba stop disturbing yourself,I didn't say lcd is better than amoled..

I know all these
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
don't compare the amoled used on a30 to the ones just on xiaomi flagship,they are of different tech even tho their res are the same
And is the amoled the only thing you can find on the a3? You didn't see better soc,camera,and other new features abi
amoled is same technology bro,
the only thing there is a20 uses a lower resolution and lower pixel density (around 268 ppi or so)while s10 uses a higher resolution and higher pixel density (around 550 ppi) thats all,
bye

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

amoled is same technology bro,
the only thing there is a20 uses a lower resolution and lower pixel density (around 268 ppi or so)while s10 uses a higher resolution and higher pixel density (around 550 ppi) thats all,
bye
Google is your friend, go and learn
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
oga stop making fool of urself.

S10+ use qhd on amoled..that's like 4k resolution on amoled. How can u compare it with 23400 on amoled in a30?
And also the ppi density differs.

A30 has earpiece, micro sim tray which can accommodate 2 sims and sd card.
Brand and resale value..
Follow come 18 watt charger.

What has redmi note 7 got apart from insignificant snapdragon, and overrated ir blaster(when my remotes dey )

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
oga stop making fool of urself.

S10+ use qhd on amoled..that's like 4k resolution on amoled. How can u compare it with 23400 on amoled in a30?
And also the ppi density differs.

A30 has earpiece, micro sim tray which can accommodate 2 sims and sd card.
Brand and resale value..
Follow come 18 watt charger.

What has redmi note 7 got apart from insignificant snapdragon, and overrated ir blaster(when my remotes dey )
baba its OK, I use a samsun low end phone,and the next phone am getting is a Samsung
No too stress yourself grin
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by techeligible(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
shocked shocked shocked AMOLED Screen, awesome smiley
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Seems you just jumped into the debate without knowing the Genesis,

The issue under discussion is the screen qualities of said phones,NOT their Processor or whatever..shocked

The AMOLED on Xiaomi Flagships are Super AMOLEDS made by Samsung,

Which is exactly the same technology used on the A30 and other A-Series and which have been hailed severally by GSMARENA in all their REVIEWS of the A-Series as Class leading Screen quality..

And we are not comparing it to the S10e AMOLED because Samsung specifically specified it as Dynamic AMOLED,which is of a higher quality..
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
am not into the amoled vs IPS argument, but what I know is that the amoled on the a20 is mediocre
The ONLY thing wrong with the A20 AMOLED is its resolution,that apart it is of the same quality as any SUPER AMOLEDS by Samsung..

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
My brother enjoy your device and be happy. I am using A20 as well. Don't mind all these busy bodies.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Mike23r: 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
the only difference btw super amoled and dynamic amoled is hdr10+ support..
even ur xiaomi still dey samoled on flagship☺️
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by bigAG(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
I've also handled the RN7 and the A30 and I can tell you certainly don't appreciate the inherent qualities of an AMOLED screen..

Even Xiaomi is using AMOLEDS on their high end phones and YOU don't think Super AMOLEDS are better than LCDs? shocked
dude why are u twisting ur statement now. You're confusing evrybody.. Ursef included
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by bigAG(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2019
CirocBoi:

A80 is better, similar display, different processor...a80 uses snapdragon 730 while a70 uses 665
Nice. Thats what i wanted to point out to u when u said a70 is the highest a series

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by ArticleBeast: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2019
Tnnig:
Samsung A20 for sell in PH
5 months old with a cracked screen
5k...
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by seankafor(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
��
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by DarkJeddi(m): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
bigAG:
dude why are u twisting ur statement now. You're confusing evrybody.. Ursef included
Maybe you are the one being confused,what I said is explicit enough..

The person I quoted claimed the LCD screen on the RN7 is better than the A30 even if it is AMOLED,which indicates that he does not appreciate the qualities of AMOLEDS..

And if the RN7 with its LCD is better than the A30 as he claimed,why is Xiaomi ditching the said superior LCDs for an inferior AMOLED on its high end phones? shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by bigAG(m): 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Maybe you are the one being confused,what I said is explicit enough..

The person I quoted claimed the LCD screen on the RN7 is better than the A30 even if it is AMOLED,which indicates that he does not appreciate the qualities of AMOLEDS..

And if the RN7 with its LCD is better than the A30 as he claimed,why is Xiaomi ditching the said superior LCDs for an inferior AMOLED on its high end phones? shocked
Lol. Sorry bruv
We are on d same team sef
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
DarkJeddi:
The ONLY thing wrong with the A20 AMOLED is its resolution,that apart it is of the same quality as any SUPER AMOLEDS by Samsung..
daddy it have do,I've heard cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
cheesy
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by INCREDIBLEGUY: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
Guys, which should i go for between xiaomi rn7 and samsung a50? I am an heavy user, so i concentrate so much about battery and ram management, advice needed please
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Google is your friend, go and learn
u are the one that needs to make research before coming online to talk of what you have no idea off, im trying to help u out,, go chech specs of a20 and s10, , pay more attention to display,
u can try gsmarena dot com
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by Lerio(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
Tnnig:
Samsung A20 for sell in PH
5 months old with a cracked screen

How much and how bad is the screen
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by henry007(m): 1:44am On Sep 02, 2019
CirocBoi:

I told this dude seuntek , he argued with me.... Even my a70 is tad better than my redmi note 7 only because of the processor and battery, display is similar to my redmi note 7 , even my redmi note 7 is more premium than my a70 in terms of body build, and a70 is the highest of all the "A" series phone.

There's A80 and upcoming A90
Re: I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:50am On Sep 02, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

u are the one that needs to make research before coming online to talk of what you have no idea off, im trying to help u out,, go chech specs of a20 and s10, , pay more attention to display,
u can try gsmarena dot com
ok sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help...!!! With Site I Can Download Movies On My Phone / CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner / How To Make Use Of Gionee Amiclone To Share SMS, Call Log, Apps E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.