Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 AM

Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) (41839 Views)

Monkey Seizes Woman's Phone And Destroys It In Burundi Zoo (Photos, Video) / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts / Bus Plunges Into Osun River, 2 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by MrTrend(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
bobochem:
Osun they vex

You think so?
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
It's aided by the Rainy season. You don't blame the river for that. grin It's a natural phenomenon in rainy seasons for the water level in rivers to rise due to constant downpour.

In situations like this, the FG comes in. What are they using contingency funds they always make provision for in their yearly budget for?
Babe, if you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Goldenheart:
Local gods are angry....

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Chanchit: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
mu2sa2:
The irony is that this same river is reverred and worshipped by the yoruba of all religious persuasion - Christians, muslims and traditionalists.

What are you driving at exactly? I'm a Christian, I don't worship water. However, the Muslim terrorists that kills in the name of their God are still walking free, the pastors that hide under the name of God to commit atrocities are still being worshipped by their minions, so let's be guided
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by dingbang(m): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
citruslimited:
I through they just finished their sacrifice to their river goddess.

They should be deceiving themselves forgetting the God Almighty controls all things
why are you sp wicked cheesy grin
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by fineyemi(m): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
APCHaram:
Didn't they just concclude their annual sacrifice to Osun River goddess
It was immediately after their annual festival this rain started oo. it keeps raining everyday and on saturdayz, I decided to travel to lag to see my family and I saw that osun river. I almost cried. Millions and building were lost to the river.

infact presently, its still raining in osogbo

2 Likes

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
princeking2:

Babe, if you ask me na who I go ask?
We all know the answer na. They share the money among themselves.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by olajigaolamide: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
Our federal government will ignore this and send relief to Mozambique as if the citizens of Mozambique installed the federal government
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
Novartis:
Afonja and brown roof grin

All you tribalist on this forum have lost all your senses of humanity and compassion.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
Rain destroying beautiful environment.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
make dem open asejire dam naw
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by greatermeme: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
A product of Global Warming! Climate Change!
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
We all know the answer na. They share the money among themselves.
Well done thou good and faithful servant.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by victorian(f): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
Goddess of the river is angry.

They've not appeased her well.

They better do what is right.

Eeyah
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Chanchit: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
fineyemi:
It was immediately after their annual festival this rain started oo. it keeps raining everyday and on saturdayz, I decided to travel to lag to see my family and I saw that osun river. I almost cried. Millions and building were lost to the river.

citruslimited:

They should be deceiving themselves forgetting the God Almighty controls all things
fineyemi:

I don't believe in all these religion(s) bit into not look down on them. Have we asked ourselves if the gods of the river are angry at something. When God decided to destroy the earth with water, He could do it because He has the power. If water wan fight you, na water e go use o.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Stevo35: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
I wish I'm living in that area I for catch fish tire.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
princeking2:

Well done thou good and faithful servant.
More states will soon join in the flood issue, then they'll start making demands from NGOs, whereas, there is provision for it. Very typical of Nigeria and her style of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by PVC2019(f): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
mu2sa2:
The irony is that this same river is reverred and worshipped by the yoruba of all religious persuasion - Christians, muslims and traditionalists.

You mean something like this?

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Ayomide002: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
and some fools will still gather to be worshipping this river
SMH
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chanchit:

I don't believe in all these religion(s) bit into not look down on them. Have we asked ourselves if the gods of the river are angry at something. When God decided to destroy the earth with water, He could do it because He has the power. If water wan fight you, na water e go use o.
You people are very funny. Just imagine the nonsense you're saying. So, the river overflowing its banks is as a result of the people offending God or a god?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Owaincouncil: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
That Kamoru don chop someone engine money(750k) come dey lie say the flood carried a whole engine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
More states will soon join in the flood issue, then they'll start making demands from NGOs, whereas, there is provision for it. Very typical of Nigeria and her style of leadership.
We don't have leadership. It's rulership and you know what, it's a kind of wicked rulership because it is mixed with religion.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by 12345baba(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
Sango dey vex
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by mu2sa2: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chanchit:

What are you driving at exactly? I'm a Christian, I don't worship water. However, the Muslim terrorists that kills in the name of their God are still walking free, the pastors that hide under the name of God to commit atrocities are still being worshipped by their minions, so let's be guided
You are the only yoruba Christian, abi? During the annual Osun-osogbo festival your people troop to the waterside shrine in osogbo with traditionalists, forgetting for the time being christianity and Islam. Other people even praise the yoruba for this - for not carrying religion on their head.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Macon1212: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2019
The goddess of Oshun river must be angry because APC rigged governorship election.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
It's aided by the rainy season. You don't blame the river for that. grin It's a natural phenomenon in rainy seasons for the water level in rivers to rise due to constant downpour.

In situations like this, the FG comes in. What are they using contingency funds they always make provision for in their yearly budget for?

Contingency funds always leave Abuja na. It's some people's fathers and uncles that 'detain it for negotiation'
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Freshbaba95(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hisxellency:
They should employ the services of canoe men ASAP to help them in moving around the neighborhood.. My humble submission

The matter get as e be oo, to go buy pepper, or recharge card, you go need boat.. Flood na wicked thing.
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by okeniti: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
I don't know if this is a good thing per se, but Yoruba are pretty tolerant and flexible when it comes to Religion. A prime example is during times of slavery, our enslaved ancestors worshipped Orisa through catholic patron saints (google Candomble). Yoruba has and always will be flexible when it comes to Religion.

mu2sa2:
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by Kaymaxine(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
Mummy Osun sengese is angry!!!
Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by olajizz01(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Postanalyser:

Not just their roofs ooo.even their teeth and underwears
Igbo and hate are like 5 and 6

Re: Osun River Rises, Destroys Property Worth Millions (photos) by JuanDeDios: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
citruslimited:

You're saying that in communities where people pray at the church rivers don't overflow their banks? Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAIDUGURI Is Beautiful (pics) / Car Somersaults And Uproots A Mango Tree. 3 Men Survive (Photos) / Man Dies In Accident On Banex-Gwarimapa Expressway, Abuja. Do You Know Him?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.