Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike (15950 Views)

Agege Bread Easter Advertorial: CAN Slams Sterling Bank / Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children / You Keep Favouring North, Muslims, Your Islamic Agenda Clear - CAN Slams Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by stanleysani(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2019
the kind insult Christians receive in kano is more than demolition self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Kokoebapluse(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2019
grin. Can ko, pangolo or bottle ni. Awon were people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Flier: 11:05am On Sep 02, 2019
martineverest:
CAN is just irresponsible, divisive and insensitive......would they made such statement if the reverse was the case?

They made a very huge mistake by getting involved,it’s just very sad they are putting the life of Christians in the north at risk
I don’t know why they keep licking politians arse,this is a political issue and they should leave it that way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by AnanseK(m): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2019
Meanwhile there are more churches in Kano that in Vatican and Jerusalem combined. The CAN of worms will always defend illegality, remember they supported their bling bling leader Oristejafor when he was trafficking arms in the Birthday Jet he was given by the gullible flock and GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Nice one from a CAN President a Christian Yoruba.

Why some kafirdog whom their masters have condemned never to sight the moon carry this Rivers matter for head is still a mystery to me

Some of us Christian Yorubas won't stop emphasizing and be warning how those dirty set of terrorist are threat to SW due to their half baked extremism their slavemasters have vowed never to acknowledge for once

Hopeless set of people.

Yoruba today Igbo tomorrow. confused yam legs girl

you must bring Yoruba disunity to ya stupidity always.. you can't divide the Yorubas, so tell KANU that he's mad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Jostoman: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2019
2023 plan on the move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Adeagbo77: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Rivers is a Christian state..under God's watch.

Mohammed has no business there.
Pls grow up bros. What you said clearly shows that you are ignorant

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Ikpongiton: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2019
allthingsgood:
The same people that were shouting when elrufai placed a ban on public nuisance by unnecessary shouting and noise, are the ones supporting wike who destroyed a mosque. Smh. If ganduje goes ahead to start destroying churches, same people will start chanting buhari is islamizing Nigeria. Our problem is this country are the ignorant useless followers, not the leaders
any southerner who is a moslem is fake.for that reason,we don't want any mosque in the south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by martineverest(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2019
Flier:
They made a very huge mistake by getting involved,it’s just very sad they are putting the life of Christians in the north at risk
I don’t know why they keep licking politians arse,this is a political issue and they should leave it that way
they should have kept mute

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by salbis(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2019
Kudos to CAN

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Jamislaw101(m): 11:30am On Sep 02, 2019
Very soon Kano will start demolishing churches mark my words and also claim that their illegal structures.
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by wealth2al(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2019
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by tsavkeghps(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2019
Lol
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Printerscanner: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2019
So CAN is now replying on behalf of Governor Nyesom Wike. I thought CAN has formed its own political party or is CAN still in alliance with PDP? Let CAN put up its candidates in next election nah instead of hiding behind PDP. Useless fraudsters.
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 02, 2019
Adeagbo77:
Pls grow up bros. What you said clearly shows that you are ignorant

If British and Lord lugard hasn't trapped every one inside this place...

Rivers won't know anything call Muslim or Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Area4Area: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:

If British and Lord lugardAzikiwe hasn't trapped every one inside this place...
[s]
Rivers won't know anything call Muslim or Mohammed.[/s]
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by uthlaw: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
if church is demolish in kano now,you start making noise they want to islamize Nigeria....
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
Esseite:
Burning of churches is somewhat a norm in the North whenever religious crisis arises, but you dont hear southern Governors making comments...

If for every church burnt in the North, a mosque is burnt down south, we dont really think the south would have mosques in the South.

Yeah! Kano state governor should have ignored Wike like others having been doing. Let the allegedly affected religious society sort themselves with the governor Wike.
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Stakeholders(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ikpongiton:
any southerner who is a moslem is fake.for that reason,we don't want any mosque in the south

Why using "we" you this non entity
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Stakeholders(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
Jamislaw101:
Very soon Kano will start demolishing churches mark my words and also claim that their illegal structures.

That's where the problem lies most of the church in Kano did not have C of O, even some among those that have purchased it with intention for residential purpose before using it for church.
The issue now is that if Wike demolished that mosque North will retaliate that's why for anyone holding political office he need to caution himself.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by MrColdsweat: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Muslims are the biggest hypocrites on earth. We know them.

Even the Mods are not exempt from the hypocrisy.

Is this Ban justified?

250 million people have been gruesomely killed by Islamic jihadists in history. Is Islam not a cancer to this planet?

Why did the Mods Ban me?

I will continue to speak the truth about the barbaric religion. I will not be silenced.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by seunayantokun(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
Man whose wife was murdered by Kano mob: Dauda and other suspects acquitted by court killed my wife in my presence
Published November 13, 2016
Pastor Mike Agbahime and late Mrs Bridget Agbahime

Husband of Igbo trader killed in Kano, Pastor Mike Agbahime, tells GIBSON ACHONU about how his wife was murdered and his cry for justice

Can you give us a hint of your background?

I am Pastor Mike Agbahime, one of the senior pastors working at the Deeper Life Bible Church, Kano State. We (my late wife and I) were also into the business of plastic production in Kano. I am from Orodo, Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

How long have you lived in Kano State?

I have lived in Kano for the past 45 years. I left for Kano on Wednesday, February 17, 1971 and reached there four days later on Sunday, February 21, 1971.

What happened the day your wife was murdered?

I was in one of our shops on Thursday, June 2, 2015. We usually closed by 3:30pm and from the shop, we go to church. But there was one Dauda Ahmed, who had formed the habit of washing his legs (ablution) for prayers in front of my wife’s shop.

He did that each time he wanted to say his prayers. He would leave his shop, which was a bit far from my wife’s own, to do that. We reported the matter to the owner of the shop, one Alhaji Mustapha. Mustapha warned him many times to desist from doing that. He told him (Dauda) that if he wanted to do (ablution), he should do it in his shop. Also, the President of the Hausa Plastic Association in Kofar Wambai market, Kano, Alhaji Aminu, also warned him when the incident was reported to him. Aminu even told Dauda that they (market union) would take him to court, if he did not change. He (Dauda) continued. Dauda was also fond of putting his goods in front of my wife’s shop in the early hours of the day.

Before she got to the shop, he would occupy the frontage of the shop with his goods. Whenever he was told to stop doing that, he (Dauda) would start uttering abusive words.

On the day my wife was murdered, a call came from one of our church members (who also has a shop in the market) while I was waiting for my wife to leave the shop so that we could go to the church. He told me on phone that some Hausa people were making trouble with my wife. I asked him why and he answered, “I don’t know.” It was then I asked him to give my wife his phone so that I could talk with her. Do you know that the (Hausa mob) did not allow the man to give her the phone? It was then that I quickly packed my wares to go and find out the problem. As this was going on, I met the same man who was with my wife at the market. He said, “Daddy, don’t worry, they have left her (my wife).” Later, my wife appeared. She told me that it was the same Dauda that did ablution in the front of her shop. She said that she told Dauda, “Why won’t you allow me to finish packing before you start pouring your water for ablution in my shop?”

After telling Dauda this, she told me that he held her hand and asked her, “Mekai fatah?” This phrase means “What did you just say?” My wife asked him, “What right do you have to hold my hand?” She asked him to leave her hand. She stated that if he did not leave her, that she would use one of the plastic products in the shop to break his head. Immediately Dauda left her, he started shouting “Allah Akbar.”

What did you do?

I then told my wife that since Dauda had started his trouble again, that we should go and see Alhaji Mustapha, the owner of the shop.

What happened after?

Alhaji Mustapha ushered us in. He (Mustapha) told us to go and come back on Saturday, June 4, 2016, so as to speak with Dauda and settle the disagreement. His office was upstairs. But as we were leaving through the staircase, we saw a teeming mob with weapons. Alhaji Mustapha tried to disperse them. He told them in Hausa that he would resolve the matter the next Saturday. They started abusing him, throwing stones at him. They called him kafir, meaning somebody who does not know Allah. When Mustapha saw that the mob was getting more aggressive, he opened his office, told us to go in and locked it. When they saw that Alhaji Mustapha had let us in and locked his office, they continued shouting Allah Akbar. As they were shouting, many others joined them.

What did he (Mustapha) do when they were gathering in greater numbers?

It is painful to tell you that Alhaji Mustapha, seeing how aggressive they were, slumped. But before he slumped, he had called the police. The Divisional Police Officer of the area came in with two other policemen. The three could not calm the angry mob. The mob climbed up in their numbers, broke the window, and jumped in.

What were you doing with your wife while this was going on?

We were praying to God to save the situation. When they later entered the office where we were hiding, they hit my wife on the head with very heavy iron objects and she immediately slumped and died. Having completed their mission, they all went back. They did not touch me.

What did the police later do?

The DPO later came in after my wife was killed and asked me, “Is she dead?” He was the one who told the other policemen to bring the police vehicle, so that they could take her corpse to the mortuary. When they (mob) heard ‘mortuary’, they reinforced. When the DPO saw that they were coming in again in greater number, he called the area commander, complaining that they had killed my wife, adding that their own lives were in danger.

What was the response of the area commander?

The area commander deployed more policemen in the area. They arrived immediately and started shooting canisters into the air to disperse the crowd. It was the policemen who helped me to put her corpse inside the vehicle to the mortuary. The mob continued to throw stones at the vehicle as we were going to deposit her corpse in the morgue.

What happened next?

Not satisfied, the mob moved to my shop and vandalised it. They also smashed my car,which I bought not up to a year before the incident, to pieces.

Did the Kano State Government meet you after the incident to console you?

The true story was that on June 3, 2016, Governor Umaru Ganduje called a security meeting that involved all sheikhs, ulamas, state executive council members, Christian Association of Nigeria ,Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Eze Ndigbo in Kano, Yoruba monarchs, Edo leaders, other ethnic nationalities leaders and the state commissioner of police. In that meeting, I was asked what happened and I narrated the incident. After other comments, Governor Ganduje condemned the act, saying it was un-Islamic.

What was the resolution reached after the meeting?

The meeting resolved that justice must prevail and that the perpetrators of the act must be brought to book. It was also resolved that my family must be taken care of by the Kano State Government and lastly, that the state government would establish Islamic schools, where Islamic scholars would teach the people (Muslims) the real Islamic doctrines and traditions.

We learnt that Igbos in Kano wanted to launch a reprisal.

The resolutions of that meeting, which were announced on air, made them change their minds on carrying out a reprisal. There was a serious reprisal scheduled to hold on Friday, June 3, 2016; probably a state of emergency would have been declared in Kano State if such had happened. It is pertinent to state that Eze Ndigbo in Kano also called an emergency meeting immediately, where Igbo and other ethnic groups, were asked not to take the law into their hands and that the state government had, in totality, condemned the act.

Were there other developments?

While my wife was still in the mortuary, leaving me and our only son, the police arrested the suspects. They succeeded in arresting Dauda Ahmed and one other person. This was when Solomon Arase was the Inspector-General of Police. The then IG also dispatched a team of detectives from Abuja to Kano. The detectives arrested three suspects. I gathered from a reliable source that Dauda confessed to the crime in writing (in Hausa language), saying that he planned and killed my wife in order to take over the shop. The other suspects also confessed to the crime. I was later called by the police to identify all of them, which I did. This was because I knew all of them.

What is your assessment of the way the police handled the matter?

It is painful to disclose that after a while, the other two runaway suspects reappeared in the market. The police were informed about this development, but for a reason which I did not know, they (police) shielded them (from arrest). Again, when the police had completed their investigations, they told me that they were ready to prosecute the suspects. But for a reason best known to the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice of Kano State, he refused, for five months, to file a charge against Dauda and the other arrested suspects.

He (commissioner) refused to take the suspects to the High Court for prosecution. On the contrary, the police in Kano wrote to the then Deputy Inspector-General of Police, who is now the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, for advice. To the dismay of the general public and the international community, a court recently released the suspects, declaring them innocent. It is important to note at this point that the case was in the magistrates’ court for five months without being charged to High Court.

Before the day your wife was killed, has there been a threat of violence against your family?

No, there was nothing like such.

How did your child and your relations receive the news of your wife’s murder?

My son and the entire Agbahime family, including my in-laws, Igbo community, church and other well-wishers were completely devastated on hearing the gruesome murder of my wife. This was because my wife was very committed to church activities. She was every good thing one could think of in a woman.

For how long were you married?

We got married on Saturday, November 20, 1982 and we have lived together for the past 34 years.

Did your wife ever complain to you that she was being threatened by any Muslim youth before the incident?

No, the only complaint she raised was about Dauda. Put simply, she was not in any trouble or had a problem with any person (Muslim), apart from Dauda Ahmed.

Did you get her corpse for burial?

Yes, when the burial was fixed for August 26, 2016, at Orodo, my home town, I had to take her corpse from the Aminu Kano University Teaching Hospital, Kano mortuary to Imo State for burial. We left Kano early in the morning of August 25, 2016, and got to Imo very late the same day. The burial took place on August 26, 2016. I appreciate my church and some members of the public for their assistance in the course of the burial.

Did the Kano State Government meet you after the incident to console you?

Before the suspects were declared innocent, I went to him (Ganduje) to notify him that the suspects had not been charged to court. He said that he would do something about it, but never did. What he did was to pave the way for them (suspects) to be declared innocent of the murder case.

Why did you relocate from Kano State?

I had to relocate because I reliably gathered that some Muslims were planning to kill me. This was because I am the prime witness to the matter.

How have you been coping five months after the incident?

It has been like hell on earth. I say this because after they killed my wife, vandalised my vehicle and destroyed my two shops (mine and that of my wife), I now depend on my siblings and members of my church for financial assistance. Presently, I am not doing anything.

What fresh things did you learn about Nigeria after the matter, especially on the call for national unity?

The saying, “One Nigeria” is just mere balderdash. I say this because the leaders’ mistake is a ‘leading’ mistake. To buttress it, if our leaders cannot keep the oaths of their offices and cannot respect the sanctity of life and our constitution, there is no need to talk about oneness in Nigeria. I also say this because even if the constitution condemns killing in one part of the country and declares other people who killed in other state innocent, I wonder what kind of constitution that is.

What steps did the Imo State governor and the House of Assembly take to get justice for you and your family?

In spite of several letters I sent to the state government and the Imo State House of Assembly, nothing has been done by the government to correct the abnormality and ensure justice for the murder of my wife, an Imo State indigene. Apart from the burial, which the Imo State Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere, some executive council members and Eze Imo, HRM Eze Samuel Ohiri, attended, there has not been correspondence between the state government and I.

I want the Presidency, Senate, House of Representatives and the judiciary to compel the Kano State judiciary to re-arrest the suspects and charge them to a High Court in Abuja, where human right activists and NGOs, among others, would monitor the proceedings. This is because I have lost confidence in the Kano State judiciary.

The court ruled that the suspects had no case to answer. Do you know any of the arraigned suspects from Abdulmumeen Mustafa, Abdullahi Abubakar, Zabairu Abubakar to Musa Abdullahi apart from Dauda Ahmed?

Yes, I know all of them. Even at the police station, I identified all of them. All of us were in the same market (some of them in the same line). Permit me to state that Dauda Ahmed mentioned some of his cohorts on the run, but the police never arrested them.

A similar case happened in Kano in 1994 when a mob beheaded one Gideon Akaluka. Were you aware of the incident?

Yes, I was in Kano then.

What do you want the government to do for you?

There was a four-point resolution the Kano State Government took after the meeting.They should religiously implement those resolutions.

Has Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo invited you since you arrived in your state?

Yes, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State invited me and promised that the law must take its course on the murderers.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by don4real18(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Esseite:
Burning of churches is somewhat a norm in the North whenever religious crisis arises, but you dont hear southern Governors making comments...

If for every church burnt in the North, a mosque is burnt down south, we dont really think the south would have mosques in the South.

Have you ever been to the North talk more of insinuating that churches are being burnt? If you are referring to bomb explosions by the BH sect, then you should know that it affects both the churches and mosques.
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Charly68: 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
It is a pity that somebody like that could be threatening to sue another person in a nation like ours. By now,he suppose to be in jail over his Dollar bribery scandal if not APC hypocrisy . They turn blind eyes to their own men caught in the web of corruption & embark on media trial of the opposition . They forget that God is taking notice and record of their misdeeds in Government. We shall see how smart they are when God is set to expose them
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by Ikpongiton: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Stakeholders:

Why using "we" you this non entity
i know that you're a bokoharam terrorist.but i stand by my word.e pain you?almajiri like you.
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by snowball11(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
360degreess:
CAN OF WORMS..

Yeah, but they are by far better than the MUMURIC MUMU constituting themselves nuisance to the society! undecided
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by ensamy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
They is no existing Church in Kano city, all was demolished and Christians never questioned them. Churches are only in Sabon gari in Kano . Even Kano Catholic Diocese is in Sabon gari .
Now because Southerners are liberal Ganduje can talk. sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike by onitshaman: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
nzeobi:
Ganduje didn't place his priorities well.
These nothern muslims are hypocrites and paracites.They shamelesley open their hypocritical mouths and complain about the same thing they are doing.Is kano not practising SHaRIA.why will they not know that southern nigeria is a CHRISTIAN region.soon they'll know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Ademola Adeleke Meet Seyi Makinde Over Governorship Bid / Wike, PDP G5 And ‘Devolution’ Of Presidential Support - The Guardian / Margaret Obi Arrives Calabar For A Women's Townhall Meeting (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.