Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,847 members, 7,798,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) (38471 Views)

See The Locally Made Products By Nigerian Inventors / How NIGERIAN Inventors Are Contributing To World Civilization / Nigerian Inventors And Tinkers Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2019
I am here to check 'Abalaka' out
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Litmus: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2019
Teenage talent spotter seeks 'Africa's brightest'

Nigerian teenager Kennedy Ekezie is starting a world tour visiting more than 20 cities in 12 weeks looking for talented and ambitious young Africans.

The 19-year-old will be going to university campuses to find people to join his talent-development initiative, called Africave, that seeks to combat negative generalisations about Africa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-47639452

That's Nigerians for you, always trying to elevate and undeserving Africa that means them no good.
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by tsavkeghps(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Mrjo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2019
Josnac:
Lol...people cannot come and lie in peace again??

Modified:

You must be extremely daft or mentally lazy to not have sensed the sarcasm in that comment. Don't try being mischievous this Monday morning because it won't do you good.

These your politicians that have been lying to the populace for time immemorial, are they more hardworking than the youths who wake up every morning to try and carve a niche for themselves??
What's the difference between these men up there and those public office holders who forged their certs/credentials??
The answer is simple; LIES

Don't try to always sound politically correct.. It is completely stupid calling others lazy because you got lucky.
don't mind him, how many libraries did dangote have
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Welrez:
I didn't say that you needed inventions to win a Nobel Prize. I only said that the type that merits such awards would be difficult to achieve in our environment. Even then, there was no outright ruling out of such possibility. A theoretical physicist does not need to make any inventions to win the Nobel Prize and quite a number of them have won the Nobel Prize, ranging from Albert Einstein to Richard Feynman. Even then, the essence of inventions is not to win prizes but to contribute to the improvement of humanity as well as expand our understanding of the universe. Shalom.

You're contradicting yourself

You implied that Einstein's working at the patent office predisposed him to radical new ideas which arguably formed the bedrock of his contributions to physics, and hence his Nobel Prize.

And i countered that theoretical physics is not patentable, it's only recognizable. I also said we don't need some fancy "infrastructure" to come up with novel new ideas in the body of knowledge; all we need are the visionaries, the dreamers, the curious, the driven....not the current pack of lazy, indolent, politicized academics who believe more in titles than discoveries.

But now you're changing tack.

When you say something, own up to it and admit when wrong. That's how we learn.
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by 12inchess: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by baratech: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
Scam country
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Welrez(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
Neoteny:

You implied that Einstein's working at the patent office predisposed him to radical new ideas which arguably formed the bedrock of his contributions to physics, and hence his Nobel Prize.

And I countered that theoretical physics is not patentable, it's only recognizable. I also said we don't need some fancy "infrastructure" to come up with novel new ideas in the body of knowledge; all we need are the visionaries, the dreamers, the curious, the driven....not the current pack of lazy, indolent, politicized academics who believe more in titles than discoveries.

But now you're changing tack.

When you say something, own up to it and admit when wrong. That's how we learn.

When I responded to that topic, I based my contribution on inventions. Theoretical Physics was off my mind. Even when I mentioned the Nobel Prize or a Global Prize, it was still in that context. Even in that context, I didn't totally ruled out the possibility of big inventions being made by Nigerians here in Nigeria, but I said it would be rare due to certain infrastructure which I didn't mention. You bringing in Albert Einstein in the reply was digression and an act of putting a word in my mouth and using it to crucify me. Maybe Economists need inventions to win a Nobel Prize. So don't tell me I am contradicting myself.
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
Welrez:

When I responded to that topic, I based my contribution on inventions. Theoretical Physics was off my mind. Even when I mentioned the Nobel Prize or a Global Prize, it was still in that context. Even in that context, I didn't totally ruled out the possibility of big inventions being made by Nigerians here in Nigeria, but I said it would be rare due to certain infrastructure which I didn't mention. You bringing in Albert Einstein in the reply was digression and an act of putting a word in my mouth and using it to crucify me. Maybe Economists need inventions to win a Nobel Prize. So don't tell me I am contradicting myself.

Your initial statement was that lack of infrastructure was the the detriment to our self-important academics' failure to achieve anything of note

I argued that infrastructure, whatever you mean by it, is not that important and mentioned Einstein's genius and how he changed prior thinking of quantum physics, astrophysics, etc, using only his mind and mathematics (some of which was done for him) without the sort of infrastructure you no doubt meant. And I also pointed out how Einstein's contributions in photoelectric effects got him the Nobel Prize without inventing anything.

So you then argued that he worked in the patent office and thus was exposed to the works of others, as if he plagiarized his ideas, to which I said theoretical physics is not something that one comes across at the patent office.

And that's around the time you did an about-turn to muddle your point.

I'm not responsible for your apparent confusion
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Welrez(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
Neoteny:

Your initial statement was that lack of infrastructure was the the detriment to our self-important academics' failure to achieve anything of note

I argued that infrastructure, whatever you mean by it, is not that important and mentioned Einstein's genius and how he changed prior thinking of quantum physics, astrophysics, etc, using only his mind and mathematics (some of which was done for him) without the sort of infrastructure you no doubt meant. And I also pointed out how Einstein's contributions in photoelectric effects got him the Nobel Prize without inventing anything.

So you then argued that he worked in the patent office and thus was exposed to the works of others, as if he plagiarized his ideas, to which I said theoretical physics is not something that one comes across at the patent office.

And that's around the time you did an about-turn to muddle your point.

I'm not responsible for your apparent confusion
The emboldened is not mine. I never mentioned a thing like that. Wow!!!
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Welrez:
The emboldened is not mine. I never mentioned a thing like that. Wow!!!

undecided

Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Welrez(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2019
Neoteny:

undecided
I never mentioned a thing like that. I would like to know how I got linked to that... That is not me...
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Welrez(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Neoteny:

undecided
You see, you attributed to me what I never said. You have to apologise to me.

Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
Welrez:
You see, you attributed to me what I never said. You have to apologise to me.

Lols

In your dreams tongue
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by follock007(m): 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ebuka478:
Abalaka I still remember vividly

abalaka that borrowed $9m from my family to facilitate his research? mchew angry
Re: Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) by beresponsible(m): 2:23am On Sep 03, 2019
Criminals. You forget our president who said he invented Change. See the result

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic / Oshiorenoya Agabi's ‘Human Brains" Computer On The Making / Strange Lights In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.