Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

The Sacrifice - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sacrifice (78076 Views)

The Sacrifice / The Sacrifice / HORROR!!! The Sacrifice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
Not today, thanks for the update
Re: The Sacrifice by pu7pl3(m): 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
This guy's name is Jaga and he is scared like this grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
Chapter Twelve

Susan and Jaga exchanged glances and Jaga said in panic. " we have alerted whosever is with him".

"what should we do now?". Susan asked in a quivering voice.

Jaga looked confusingly at her, turned to Andrew, he's mind could not put things in place, he held his head with his hands and wandered about with Susan's eyes following him. He turned again to her and said hastily walking towards Andrew. " lets get him out of here fast".

Susan joined him immediately trying to pull Andrew up and suddenly he stopped. She wondered what he was up to. He gently dropped Andrew and went to pick up the gun. Susan moved circumspectly towards him looking as he fumbled with it.

" can you make use of it?". She asked.

The look on his face told her he couldn't. She joined him to figure it out when a rock crackling sound startled them both. They exchanged a frightened glance and Jaga moved towards the cliff, stretched his head to peep down, a gunshot exploded, he jumped backwards throwing the gun off his hand falling on his butt, sprang up swiftly and ran for the upper part of the rock to escape.

" hey! Stop!". Susan called after him.

" I can't do this!". He said pulling himself up the cliff

Susan looked at Andrew and wondered how she was going to handle him all by herself. Immediately she picked up the gun and pointed it at Jaga. " don't move! I'll shoot!".

Jaga paused half way with his upper body resting on the levelled part of the upper layer. He turned to Susan and his eyes widened. "what are you doing?".

"I'm sorry, but I need you here, please help us". Susan said still pointing the gun at him.

Jaga slowly stepped down to faced Susan but his mind still went to the people coming for them. With his hands half way up he said. " put that gun down, you will kill someone with it".

Susan still kept the gun pointed at him. " I'm sorry, but I need you here. Please stay".

Jaga felt defeated, standing with a droopy shoulder he said. "okay, but do you know how to use that?".

" I think it's just pushing...". Susan hasn't finished her statement when she pulled back the trigger, a gunshot echoed and narrowly missed Jaga's head. The impact bored a hole on a rock behind him.

Jaga and Susan stood still looking at each other in shock. " I'm sorry, Susan finally found herself saying still petrified.

Abdul was a layer away from them when the gunshot startled him. He paused, releasing his hand from the last layer, standing with his back on the wall he listened to know if it was him the gunshot was meant for.

" I told you to be careful with that thing". Jaga said to Susan moving towards her to retrieve it from her. " give it to me!". Collecting the gun from Susan he examined the weapon to study how it works.

" can you use it?" Susan asked, still in shock.

"let me see". Jaga answered, still screening through the gun.

Abdul smiled and said to himself. " amateurs". Then he moved away from where he wanted to climb from to the other side so he can approach them from behind.

He climbed up to the levelled ground, slowly pulled the gun handing on his back into his arms and moved slowly towards his preys. With his back on a rock he could see Susan and Abdul looking at the gun as though It was a new toy. He grinned and aimed to fire.

Meanwhile, the sound of the gunshot had woken Andrew, he was still recuperating lying where he laid on his back. He turned to Susan and Jaga and smiled, when he turned his head towards the opposite direction, he saw Abdul, his heart sank into his stomach, he was a little farther from Susan. With all his strength he screamed. " baby!". His voice came out like a dying horse's voice.

Susan and Jaga turned abruptly to him and that same time caught Abduls smirked face aiming to fire. The sound of a gunshot echoed but they both jumped on opposite directions falling on their sides. Abdul rushed out and fired again towards Susan, she rolled over and the shot missed her leg. Jaga immediately pulled grabbed the gun and pulled trigger in utmost confusion pointing aimlessly, Abdul retreated back to his hiding place enjoying the fun.

Susan quickly ran to Andrew who was struggling to his feet and helped him up, they both moved out of sight to the corner where Jaga had ran to for cover with the gun his hands shivering.

"I...i...killed him?". Jaga stuttered.

No one answered him as Susan kept Andrew seated on the floor and his back on the wall.

Abdul smiled excitedly and peeped, no one was in view. He slowly came out and moved speedily closer to where they were and hid himself some ten foot away, with his back on the wall he giggled silently and peeped again.

Susan looked up at Jaga he was completely overtaken by fear. She went to him and grabbed the gun. He didn't make any attempt to resist.

" hey baby". Andrew said in a whisper.

She went to him and knelt beside him. " yes baby".

" give it to me, I can manage", Andrew said trying with great difficulty to stand up and biting back pain.

Susan held him back." No baby, I'll protect you". She stood up and went to peep. Abdul was very close tiptoeing his way over with his gun aimed. She caught sight of him in time and fired without target, he ran back to his hiding place laughing loudly.

"you die! I...fire you and you be alive, and crying alive, after I cut your body away!". Abdul shouted excitedly in his hiding place. " today you die!". And laughed hysterically.

Jaga went down on his knees and placed his forehead on the floor praying. Susan laid her back on the wall with the gun in her hands breathing heavily. Andrew looked at his wife who looked now like a star in an action movie and felt a sense of pride in a second but reality snatched the smile from his face before it could even draw a line.

A gunshot fired in front of Susan but the bullet brushed through her hip, she screamed and simultaneously returned the fire in reflex without aiming before taken cover squatting behind a four feet rock carved out from where Andrew sat and Jaga immediately jumped on top of Andrew in fright, and rolled over shuddering.

The last of Abduls men had reached the top. He targeted Susan from where he was hiding behind a rock some ten foot from them and fired, but Susan moved just in time and returned the fire sending him back to his hiding.

Abdul heard two gunshots called in Arabic. " Khalid is that you!".

" yes sir!". Khalid responded in Arabic.

Abdul smiled nefariously, impatiently waiting to come out of his hiding place.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
Chaii, my mind is beginning to do me some how, I don't like what I hate undecided

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by pu7pl3(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
izaray:
Chaii, my mind is beginning to do me some how, I don't like what I hate undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Hardes(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2019
.... Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2019
izaray:

Can Abdul just die angry
I don tire for him matter

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2019
"NOT TODAY"

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by 198800Mam(m): 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
SUZAN, ANDREW N JAGA LETS SEE IF THEY WILL SURVIVE DIS
Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The elders; some group of men in their sixties and above sat around a table in a magnificently decorated hall drinking and eating with beautiful Arabian ladies; two to each man as they sat discussing and male waiters in long caftans waiting on them with hands humbly locked behind.

The chief so he's called, the leader of the group; a bulky human in his late sixties with full ice white hairs and beards, sat with one lady beside him. He silently listened as the men talked, between his fingers laid a big Cuban cigar, smoking and puffing out smoke at intervals.

His cellular rang on the table and the lady with him picked it up and placed it on his ears while he remained in his position. Suddenly his face stiffened, and he snatched the phone from the lady sitting up he lifted up his palm and the men on the table abruptly stopped talking.

" how many men down?". He spoke in Arabic with a steady baritone counting each word." Where is Abdul...How long now?....Find him, take more men with you. I want that man alive...with his wife? In Abduls' watch?". He frowned maliciously and continued."tell Abdul to call me!". With that he hung up.

The men on the table looked questioningly at him when he dropped the phone.

" we got a situation in our hands". The chief told them in his usual tone with a cigar in his mouth.

"I didn't want to get involved ohhh". Jaga cried with his head buried between his head.

Susan ignored him, her mind was busy. Another gunshot came from Abduls direction and bored a hole in the rock in front of her, she bent over and fear overtook her.

Andrew moved closer and touched her hand, she shivered and when she saw him she cried." I can't do this! I'm scared!".

He smiled to her and said as audible and encouraging as possible fighting back pain. " yes you can! You can do this".

She nodded looking into his eyes.

Khalid moved closer surreptitiously with his back on the wall and the gun in hand.

Abdul peeped and saw Khalid. He winked him and smiled. Then moved out sneakily bent over with his gun pointed forward. The distance between Khalid and was less than seven feet.

Jaga peeped and saw Khalid approaching, he jumped back, ran towards Andrew and tried to hide behind him, Susan used the butt of the gun on his nose. He fell on Andrew holding his nose. She pushed him off Andrew, he then sat beside Andrew. " why did you hit me?" He cried aloud with a hand on his nose amidst blood. " he's here! The other man is close..." He bellowed.

Khalid jumped in before Jaga finished his statement and fired, Andrew pulled Susan's leg in time and the bullet missed, she fell on her butt and the gun fell off her hand. Khalid pointed the gun at them ominously. Susan, Andrew and Jaga looked up at Khalid frighteningly. She didn't bother to pickup the gun lying in front of her.

Abdul surfaced and saw the trio sitting pathetically on their butt. He quickly kicked the gun away from Susan and laughed. " we catch you!" Laughing, he walked up to Susan." Who kill my man?".

Nobody answered him, they all looked up at him quaveringly. He examined them critically looking at their faces then stopped at Andrew whose face was pale, he screened through him and the bandaged wound then turned to Jaga, Jaga bent his head apologetically hoping to gain mercy. In a swift swing he took out a revolver from his jalamia's pocket and shot Jaga in the head.

Susan jumped and let out a loud scream. Andrew shook in shock looking at Jaga lying on his side, eyes opened, face covered in fright with blood sliding off his forehead.

Abdul turned to Khalid who was still pointing the gun at them and said in Arabic. " get them, lets go!".

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by daddio(m): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks @Topher, may God bless you. Thrilling as ever, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by uchedora(f): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
oh nooooooo
Re: The Sacrifice by moorevic(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2019
damn
Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hmmmmm
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by abefeabebi(m): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
actor no dey die jor, Andrew u re safe

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
NOT TODAY!

Thank you for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by germaphobe(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
see men with bad heart

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
Oh they killed Jaga cry
BTW who else remembers president Khalid from Topher's "Devil's touch"

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by pu7pl3(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
I just knew Jaga would die grin Bastard

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
@topher052 pls do u have a site or a blog that I could follow? I've been an ardent follower of URS. I'm leaving this platform and I'd like to be in touch with you. I love ur works. I await your response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Nostradamus: 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
This last update is so funny cool

I see a big weakling in that jega.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by SirJonse(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Topher!!!! I can't make out words to express how awed I am about ur writing skills and talent. U are a legend in the making. Blessed are u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Chapter Fourteen

Abdul ordered Susan to help Andrew up but she was too overwhelmed by the sudden death of Jaga she didn't hear him.

" carry man up!". Abdul barked.

She shook from her mental slumber and stood up. Andrew was half way up before she assisted him.

The two Arabians walked behind them discussing while Andrew and Susan in front. Andrew limped with a hand across Susan's neck and the other on his injury, while Susan held his waist to support him.

They arrived the cliff and Andrew found it difficult to move down.

"why go through all these stress, lets throw them down and take their bodies back to camp". Khalid bellowed.

" no, we need them alive so I can teach others a lesson with their sufferings". Abdul said with a smirk on his face.

Khalid doesn't understand Abduls' joy in inflicting torture through mutilation. What he failed to know aside the fear Abdul commands through such act is that he also gets erection, sometimes he ejaculates when alone torturing people to death.

Susan moved down and extended her hand to help Andrew who sat with his legs downwards. She held his hand and supported him as he slowly dropped to his feet before Abdul and Khalid joined them.

They arrived a very narrow layer, it would require that they go round it with their backs on the wall with much circumspect so as not to slip and fall down, slowly moving towards the back end before climbing down.

Andrew suddenly felt a sharp pain and his legs threatened to sag, he almost rolled over but Khalid held him back." You can't die now!" He said in Arabic. Andrews entire body became paralytic with pain . He couldn't move anymore, weakness and dizziness accompanied his condition.

" come on baby! You can do this". Susan encouraged, trying not to look down.

He suddenly smiled at her and said. " not today". Still smiling he added. "Stay alive baby, you just have to trust me".

She winced looking at him suspiciously. Before she could grasp what he meant, Andrew jumped on Khalid grabbing him by the neck and they both fell off the cliff.

Susan couldn't believe what she just saw, she only opened her mouth but words didn't come out.

" ha! Ha!". Abdul cried looking down at Andrew lying on top of Khalid with thick blood flowing from his head, there was no how they could have survived the impact. He turned to the dazed Susan. " what he do? Ha!"

Abduls' voice awakened her to reality and she screamed Andrews name crying bitterly. She almost jumped over but Andrews words." Trust me, stay alive". Refrained her. She could only cry looking at Andrews body on top of Khalids, she had forgotten her phobia for height as she looked down at her husband lying dead, what could he have meant when he said "trust me?" This she couldn't understand as she cried.

Susan and Abdul managed to climb down safely. Abdul behind Susan with the gun pointed at her back, though she wasn't scared of death anymore but she allowed herself to be motioned by Abdul still crying as she too wanted to see clearly if Andrew was dead because she wanted to believe he wasn't.

Abdul moved to the side where Andrew and Khalid fell, but met the greatest shock of his life. Khalid was the only one lying there. Even Susan too was over taken by shock as well.

Abdul forgot all about Susan as he ran crazily looking for Andrew, there was no trace of his footprints, he began to think Andrew wasn't human.

Susan was confused, she saw him fall and saw blood. There was no how any human being would have survived that fall. She carefully looked around for any trace of him so she would be the first to see him and perhaps save him from Abdul.

" where he go?". Abdul bellowed at Susan. He turned again searching every open corner as there were no hidden place there, it was an open vast land with the only thing visible was the rock. In his confusion, he forgot to keep Susan in check and ran behind to look for Andrew.

Susan who was also curious of Andrews survival possibilities didn't see this as an opportunity to escape, instead she started looking at places Abdul had searched already but there was no trace of Andrew.

She moved to Khalid's body, looking down at the smashed skull on a rock in a pool of thick blood, she noticed something was missing; his gun. This gave her a conviction that Andrew was alive. And again she knows if he were alive, he would have tried to rescue her, then another thought frightened her; what if someone had stolen his body, perhaps a cannibal or an animal? But animal would have left a trace.

While she pondered, the sound of an approaching car was heard. She looked towards the direction hopefully and ran to see who it was.

A large dust was raised from a distance accompanying the arrival of a van. Abdul joined her looking same direction.

When the van came closer she realised it was men from the camp, it then dawned on her to escape, as she made to run, Abdul pointed the gun at her and shot beside her. She stiffened and was surprised she still was scared to die.

Abdul walked up to her, grabbed her by her arm and stood waiting for the van to come closer.

It was a black Hilux, with six men seated at the back and five men inside, they were all armed.

As soon as they packed. One of the men alighted with a walkie-talkie, handed it to Abdul. It was the chief on the line.

Abdul told the chief that Andrew was dead and did not mention Susan. The man who gave him the phone; a thick stout man with full white beards In dusty green jacket, brown combat chinos, a black military boot and muffler around his neck eyed Andrew as he talked.

When he was finished with the call, the man asked. " where are your men?".

" dead!".

He looked at Susan and asked. " is she not the one he escaped with, why didn't you mention her?".

Abdul turned to him ominously and said in a malicious tone. " any word aside what you have heard me say...." Then he stopped half way and pulled Susan who couldn't understand anything they had spoken towards the van.

About an hour thirsty- five minutes later after sweeping the area recovering the bodies of Abduls' men still with no sign of Andrew, they were headed back to the camp, with the jeep and pickup van following from behind

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sorry for the long delay.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Vizzy4u:
@topher052 pls do u have a site or a blog that I could follow? I've been an ardent follower of URS. I'm leaving this platform and I'd like to be in touch with you. I love ur works. I await your response
please reach me on whatsap. 08138943767

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
Andrew, pls save Susan
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
God of all impossiblities will answer for Susan. But I'm still confused as to who will eventually pay the sacrifice

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Chapter Fifteen

Andrew tried to move his body but couldn't. He opened his eyes and discovered every where was dark. Again he tried to move, something cold seem to cover from his neck down to his toes hampered him still. A smell of smoke mixed with an unfamiliar smell filled the air. He looked searchingly around but couldn't make out a thing in the dark.

Soon, his eyes adjusted to the darkness, wisps of smoke came from a small cylindrical tin beside him, the roof looked like rock and so was the wall at his feet end. He looked at the thing wrapped around him, it was a solidified sand now moulded.

He forced to break free but a sharp pain hit from his side accompanied by a flash of him falling off with Khalid. That was when he remembered he had fallen, in a reflex he turned in search for Sandra. Called her name as he glanced around but his voice produced a faint whisper.

Susan laid on the floor with her hands shoved between her legs sleeping on the sandy floor in an empty unplaster room with just a narrow window covered with iron protector and an iron door locked from the outside. She had made futile attempts to escape severely and has given up to fate.

A hand gently shook her shoulder and she jumped and moved away from Abdul who squatted beside her. He had a bowl of white rice and vegetables which were expensive in that region and a cup of water with him in a tray.

Abdul looked at Susan's face, she was recovering very fast and becoming so beautiful, even with few traces of dehydration and in her dirty clothes, she could still attract any man who understands the true nature of beauty; A full dark afro hair hung above her oval-curved face and two dimples on her cheeks. Her big round white eyes covered with long natural lashes and full naturally perfect groomed eye brows. Her nose pointed above a reddish full lips with a pointed jaw under. She has a slim waist and a perfect broad hips with firm round butt, coupled with a flat tummy and medium sized firm boobs not forgetting her full straight spotless light skinned legs . Abdul discovered this when he first slept with her before Andrews frenzy, she was different from every woman had ever been with; she was feminine and charming. Now he has forgotten all about his proposed intentions and decided to win her heart since Andrew was no more.

After they returned from chasing after Andrew, he took Susan away from the camp to a hidden cell. He couldn't explain why he wanted to save her but after a while he discovered he had grown a special likeness towards her.

"eat food, I bring water to wash body and clothes. You like rice?". Abdul asked smiling.

Susan eyed the food and looked away. Even her angry face was charming, Abdul wondered if Andrew knew how lucky he was. Then slowly stood up and said. " eat, wash body". And left.

Susan slowly went to the food, hesitated a little, then began eating slowly. After which she took her bath and changed into new clothes. It felt relieving bathing each day Abdul brought her water. Water was a rare commodity which becomes a luxury enjoying daily privileged but Abdul had ensured she bathed daily and this kindness was too complex for her to fathom.

The first two days she rejected everything from him suspecting ulterior motives in Abdul's gesture but after hunger reminded her in the verge starvation of the possibility of Andrew coming for her and it'd be wrong to die before then, she decided to enjoy every privilege and only wished Andrew was as privileged as she was.

Abdul knocked once and came in. His breath ceased when he saw Susan in the gown he brought her, she was impressively transformed into an angel in his eyes. He stood, lost in admiration with his mouth opened that Susan became worried he may take an irrational action.

He suddenly realised himself and shook his head." You... You okay?". He stuttered looking aimlessly around the room.

Susan nodded and remained seated with her hands crossed around her knees with her back on the wall.

" I must marry her!". Abdul said in his heart. Then picked up her clothes and the things he brought her. "you want anything?". He asked.

She shook her head and remained quiet. Abdul nodded, thought of what to engage a conversation. " you happy?". He asked.

She winced at his strange behaviour and slowly nodded. Abdul smiled and fight back pouring his heart to her. He paced around scratching his head, then said.

" you want me stay?".

She was shocked to hear this and became frightened. He may want to rape her or do something crazy to her. Abdul sensed her reaction and nodded. " I go, no worry. I come with food. You like food?".

Susan did not answer, she was yet to understand the kindness of the man whose presence gives her the creeps.

Abdul smiled and didn't know when he said. " you beautiful woman!" Then blushed like a little boy and walked away locking the door from outside.

Susan then started suspecting Abdul may have feelings for her. But she shook the suspicion away and returned her mind to Andrew's where about.

A rock on Andrews side started shaking letting in rays of light, he looked attentively still unable to move.

The rock moved aside and a tall heavily built shirtless man in shorts carrying something with his two hands bent over and came in and two others struggling with the rock behind him.

Andrew couldn't make out his face as the light behind the man blinded him from seeing clearly.

The man stopped, looking at Andrew, dropped the bag and turned to the men behind him who had entered and now pulling back rock with great strength with a rope tied around it.

" he is up!" The man shouted in a thick intimidating baritone.

The other two left the rock slightly closed and moved to Andrew. The three men; very dark, massively built with strong muscles and veins wrapped around their hands and chest all in shorts stood looking down at Andrew ominously with faces slightly escaping gorillas'.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Still following..

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
Wow I give it to you Topher my man...Abdul will end up killing his men coz of Susan. There will be serious war in their midst when they find out he kept Susan safe.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Dreamchaser212(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
This story is one of a kind, i love every bit of it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: / The One I Love / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.