Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Envy And Jealousy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Envy And Jealousy (3358 Views)

Jealousy: See How These Kids Welcome Their Newborn Siblings To The Family(Pics) / How You Can Prevent Resentment And Jealousy Among Your Children / Woman Throws Away Old Photos Of Her Husband And His Late Wife Out Of Jealousy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Envy And Jealousy by Righteousness89(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Ignore them totally!

But don't keep grudges with them..

If need be, Say hello and go your way..
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Oluromantic:

Don't worry I'm no more interested. you're welcome.

Why are u following me up and down?
Re: Envy And Jealousy by bukatyne(f): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

Do I know you?

How far with your neighbors now?
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2020
bukatyne:

How far with your neighbors now?

My dear,I have pack well and am minding my own business. Just greet and pass. No talks. And it's been so peaceful for me since then and has also stopped her from coming to ask for things.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by bukatyne(f): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

My dear,I have pack well and am minding my own business. Just greet and pass. No talks. And it's been so peaceful for me since then and has also stopped her from coming to ask for things.

kiss

Goodluck and God bless your family.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by Oluromantic: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

Why are u following me up and down?
grin Let's chat in private. Sent you a pm
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
bukatyne:

kiss

Goodluck and God bless your family.
Thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Envy And Jealousy by yvelchstores(f): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Buy Benz grin
If you get Benz them no go even get mind to laugh when you pass cheesy
I have an idiot too here that behaves like that and I do everything to piss her and her husband off but no one has coughed out a single word!
I come home late(1am most times,blare the horn as loud as I can,smoke very well outside,Run my Gen throughout...)
Just show your neighbour you are way above her league and watch fear set in wink
you are a nuisance! Try this abroad and you will surely land in jail. Ignorance that stinks
Re: Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Buy Benz grin
If you get Benz them no go even get mind to laugh when you pass cheesy
I have an idiot too here that behaves like that and I do everything to piss her and her husband off but no one has coughed out a single word!
I come home late(1am most times,blare the horn as loud as I can,smoke very well outside,Run my Gen throughout...)
Just show your neighbour you are way above her league and watch fear set in wink

This is possibly the worst thing to do in this scenario, don't put it in their faces, avoid envious people at all cost.

Preparing a table in the midst of your enemies doesn't work in real life.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

You need to leave the Compound, once you gather enough cash, please leave.

Number one rule is progressive people shouldn't live amongst non-progressive people.

Also one reason why people leave the hood once they have money, relocate please.

5 Likes

Re: Envy And Jealousy by UniQue84: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Madam I can relate totally with what you faced sometime ago, I was just laughing, you see when you are not living your life to what people expect of you especially when all of them do a particular thing and they can't really decode who you are they hate you for it. When we moved to Lagos me and my brother, we rented same flat but he later relocated to Abuja leaving me there cos he was transferred.

My brother is the kind of guy that can bring two women in one day to the house one in the morning & the other at night, and talks for Africa also he has his ways of relating with everybody in the neighborhood, he was also this type of guy who likes to please the Jonesses. Nevertheless, he is still a good guy and that's his life and non of my business.

But I am different, am an introvert, but not a saint, a church guy, fashion guy, music guy, futbol guy, movie guy almost had knowledge in everything with all humility, I will be all churchy dressing one month and the other month kind of a yahoo guy of dressing, according to one lady she said and I quote, " you have this appearance going for you and I have not seen you with a woman in 2years in this area, when I asked her why she likes me.

I wasn't pretending at all I drink occasionally inside my house ( red wine mostly my favorite), don't smoke but cook with weed, nobody except one boy in my neighborhood has entered my house in 2years not even my next flat neighbor, they hated me for it, always dress to kill cos I was once a model.

You see one weapon I have been using to defeat thier gossip, jealousy, hatred and all had been silence, as they say it is the best answer given to a Fool and ontop of the silence I will be smiling and still have respect for elders greeting them anytime I see them morning, afternoon and evening. I so use this weapon to the extent I can enter a commercial bus travelling to a destination of 7 hours I won't say a word after greeting those beside me, this same man can talk for 4 hours unhindered cos I am a motivational speaker and was once a teacher.

You see people don't like those they cannot understand, especially when they don't have information about u, they just get angry with u, madam pls continue to use this weapon it works like fire. It has helped me bring down mountains even in my relationships.

I have a fiance and she is based in Europe, infact we are waiting for this yeye CONVID-19 to go cos she has all the papers so that we can be together, they will wake up and not see me again forever.

That's life it pays to be a private person, ontop dem go dey fear u join cos dem nu understand u and the only major weapon for this is SILENCE.

Have a nice time ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Envy And Jealousy by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
UniQue84:
Madam I can relate totally with what you faced sometime ago, I was just laughing, you see when you are not living your life to what people expect of you especially when all of them do a particular thing and they can't really decode who you are they hate you for it. When we moved to Lagos me and my brother, we rented same flat but he later relocated to Abuja leaving me there cos he was transferred.

My brother is the kind of guy that can bring two women in one day to the house one in the morning & the other at night, and talks for Africa also he has his ways of relating with everybody in the neighborhood, he was also this type of guy who likes to please the Jonesses. Nevertheless, he is still a good guy and that's his life and non of my business.

But I am different, am an introvert, but not a saint, a church guy, fashion guy, music guy, futbol guy, movie guy almost had knowledge in everything with all humility, I will be all churchy dressing one month and the other month kind of a yahoo guy of dressing, according to one lady she said and I quote, " you have this appearance going for you and I have not seen you with a woman in 2years in this area, when I asked her why she likes me.

I wasn't pretending at all I drink occasionally inside my house ( red wine mostly my favorite), don't smoke but cook with weed, nobody except one boy in my neighborhood has entered my house in 2years not even my next flat neighbor, they hated me for it, always dress to kill cos I was once a model.

You see one weapon I have been using to defeat thier gossip, jealousy, hatred and all had been silence, as they say it is the best answer given to a Fool and ontop of the silence I will be smiling and still have respect for elders greeting them anytime I see them morning, afternoon and evening. I so use this weapon to the extent I can enter a commercial bus travelling to a destination of 7 hours I won't say a word after greeting those beside me, this same man can talk for 4 hours unhindered cos I am a motivational speaker and was once a teacher.

You see people don't like those they cannot understand, especially when they don't have information about u, they just get angry with u, madam pls continue to use this weapon it works like fire. It has helped me bring down mountains even in my relationships.

I have a fiance and she is based in Europe, infact we are waiting for this yeye CONVID-19 to go cos she has all the papers so that we can be together, they will wake up and not see me again forever.

That's life it pays to be a private person, ontop dem go dey fear u join cos dem nu understand u and the only major weapon for this is SILENCE.

Have a nice time ma.

Nothing beats that silent operation ever.

4 Likes

Re: Envy And Jealousy by UniQue84: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
bukatyne:

Nothing beats that silent operation ever.

I tell u lady ...nothing
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
truthsayer009:

You need to leave the Compound, once you gather enough cash, please leave.

Number one rule is progressive people shouldn't live amongst non-progressive people.

Also one reason why people leave the hood once they have money, relocate please.

Noted with thanks.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

Thank you nwanneni, I look forward to have a ride by God's grace.lol
You face front. Live as if you are alone in the compound.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by frozen70(f): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

We are just two tenants in the compound.

I met my neighbour in the compound when I moved in and as such was friendly and nice to her in every way.(she is a stark illiterate that has a ghetto,razz mentality and upbringing)

The landlord shuttles btw Nigeria and italy because his family is based in Italy.

My neighbour has a husband that visits often.

I am a single mum and I have a nanny for my kids so I can work .

When I moved into the compound ,I met my neighbour and her sister(and child) who stays with her just for company because she was the only tenant before I moved in

Initially out of a free minded spirit,we chat a lot and discuss experiences but don't do in and out gossips .
She was free to ask for things and I was always willing to help.

As time went on I noticed immediately the landlord travelled my neighbour and her sister changed completely and started acting strange towards me .
At a point I tought I had offended them and I called both of them personally to sort tins out because I don't hold grudges but even at that their strange behaviour continued.
They started seeing me as a competition, they taunted me most times expecting a reaction in return but instead I kept my cool and never fought them and kept being nice to them.

Sometimes my neighbour and sister give evil stares, laughing hysterically whenever I pass or show up and gossiped and tormented me at every opportunity. I endured till the landlord came Bak from his trip and they switched back again to their fake niceness and acted like all was well between us.

My neighbour is not working and also a full house wife.

She did everything to tanish my reputation before the landlord but the landlord already observed my kind of person and cautioned her concerning her behavious towards me. Since her plans of pitching everyone against me wasn't working, recently the landlord travelled again and as expected she switched and started her nasty gossip and taunting towards even to the extend of greeting her and she wunt respond, she make some false statements of faking my looks,not good enough to look good etc.

I decided to stop greeting her since she doesn't respond and completely cut her off from my mind.
Immediately I made the decision of minding my business ,my neighbour and her sister started their gossips and was also angry I didn't react to all they have been provoking me with but instead I ignored them and cut off completely.

How best can do you think I can overcome them maturely without any physical contact or exchange?

They are fools, just be careful with them as you have been and silent is the best way for them

If you are their senior greet then and if they are your junior don't greet them unless they greet you

If you have your way, just pack out

Envy can make people behave as if you are intimidating them
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
frozen70:

They are fools, just be careful with them as you have been and silent is the best way for them

If you are their senior greet then and if they are your junior don't greet them unless they greet you

If you have your way, just pack out

Envy can make people behave as if you are intimidating them

Thank sis. Well said
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
chiddyok:

You face front. Live as if you are alone in the compound.

On point.thank you

1 Like

Re: Envy And Jealousy by frozen70(f): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
realtalk19:

Thank sis. Well said

Thanks dear
Re: Envy And Jealousy by Pasquale212(m): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2020
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

Isn't your apartment different from theirs? Do you not have doors separating you? Hmmm...biko ban your kids and nanny from playing outside, dry your cloths far from theirs and completely see them less the best you can manage. They will soon receive sense and get tired...indeed, illiterate jobless people have that behavioural pattern.

By the way, rule no one... Never get too familiar with neighbours. The regular "hellos", " hi" and every small talk in between would have been enough. Pele.
Very good advice.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2020
UniQue84:

Have a nice time ma.

U deserve a bottle of chilled red wine. Thanks. Silence and being private does a whole lot of good.
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2020
Pasquale212:
Very good advice.

Well received and applied with thanks
Re: Envy And Jealousy by BigBashiru: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
realtalk19:

Im of the opinion that greeting is not even necessary.... also avoid bumping into them - some ppl go as far as timing their movements to minimize contact with neighbours - it gives one a heightened sense of privacy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Envy And Jealousy by BigBashiru: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
realtalk19:

Thank sis. Well said

It also helps if you don't have a car or ppl don't know where you park - that way no one can know your movement
Re: Envy And Jealousy by realtalk19: 12:57am On Aug 28, 2020
BigBashiru:

Im of the opinion that greeting is not even necessary.... also avoid bumping into them - some ppl go as far as timing their movements to minimize contact with neighbours - it gives one a heightened sense of privacy!

Thanks so much big bash. Well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opposite Sex For Professional Services / My Fear Of Delivery / My Two Months Old Baby Runs Temperature After Immunazation Injection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.