Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:56 PM

Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business (37034 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Nigerians Vow To Vehemently Resist Any Attempt By FG To Arrest Chief Femi Fani- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by miqos02(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2019
Just remember that when you boycott these companies, Nigerians working there are in danger of loosing their jobs because of low patronage. I don't think that is the best way to go
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Insectkiller: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians are too civilized that's why they are calling for boycott of DSTV, ShopRite, stanbic, MTN, etc own by d SA..

But South Africans are uncivilized that's why they are engaged in crude attack on our brothers...

It's high time we retaliate, d same measure.

Easiest and fastest way to send message is to Burn down 10 ShopRites, 5 DStv headquarters, 10 MTN offices, seal off Stanbic Banks and wailey some SA citizens (don't kill them yet) in Nigeria.

These should be done now, not later..

shocked shocked
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by merits(m): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2019
LegendVibes:
Angry Nigerians on Twitter in reaction to killing of their fellow countrymen in xenophobic attacks launched by South Africans have vowed to boycott MTN, Shoprite, Stanbic, DSTV and other businesses in Nigeria owned by South Africans.

Recall Igbere TV reported earlier that properties includings cars which belong to Nigerians in the country, was set on fire by South Africans. Shops belonging to Nigerians was also looted by South Africans as captured in a viral video.

President of the Nigeria Union South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, had said that recent attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Reacting to the development, Nigerians have urged each other to take action against South Africans.

See their reactions below;

http://igberetvnews.com/958187/xenophobia-nigerians-vow-to-boycott-mtn-shoprite-other-south-african-businesses/

I have broke my MTN sim and DSTV decoder and also never go to SHOPRITE again.The change begin with you.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Luvlyna(f): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2019
asuustrike1:

SA are divided too

Is that your justification for our own disunity. SA are divided, but they united to attack your fellow countrymen in their country. But Nigerians cannot unite and condemn them, it has turned to a tribal thing.

Shame on you Nigerians
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by femtex007(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2019
TemmyT002:

And if police catch you...even Falana will not be able to save you
you are one of our problems in this country.....
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by alizma: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2019
afroniger:
Those Nairaland Donald Trump supporters where Una dey? We can't even call his attention to this SA nonsense because his rhetoric is the same. SA is toeing and amplifying the anti-immigrant rhetoric of Trump. Nigerians should receive sense because no matter what this is the only country we have.

Really?? So you love Trump enough to spill a Nigerian's blood? You're worse than those sick xenophobic South Africans. Mynd44, abeg caution this kid.
God bless you. Trump is just being more modern in his approach but the intention is the same.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Unconquerable: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2019
Their vows are like the fart of a dog: useless.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2019
Luvlyna:

Is that your justification for our own disunity. SA are divided, but they united to attack your fellow countrymen in their country. But Nigerians cannot unite and condemn them, it has turned to a tribal thing.

Shame on you Nigerians
Are you Ok, Where in my post did I support the attack on Nigerians?. I only pointed out the flaw in his write up
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by femtex007(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2019
frowland:

Abi? Now that hunger dey for land, looting that mall will be satisfactory.
not even because of hunger. I just want us to pay them back.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by verygudbadguy(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2019
Luvlyna:
Do you know why SA can confidently do the sh*t they do, it's because they've seen a country so divided among themselves internally that they can barely stay united and speak with one voice against foreign attacks.
And to think some retards here on nairaland are saying the Nigerians there are just from a particular tribe, shows how low we've gone as a country. As a matter of fact, Nigeria can no longer be called a country if a fellow countryman can say sh*t about his own countryman in the full view of other nationals.
Nigeria will continue to be volatile to foreign attacks in other countries if we continue to be disunited. The world is watching, let the retards, tribalists and olodos take note of that

You keep spamming all threads with this post. You are also guilty of what you are preaching or have you repented? I hope you change for good tho. We are one Nigeria. We are the ones dividing ourselves with hate, tribe and religion.

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2019
miqos02:
Just remember that when you boycott these companies, Nigerians working there are in danger of loosing their jobs because of low patronage. I don't think that is the best way to go
What is the best way?
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by frowland(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2019
femtex007:
not even because of hunger. I just want us to pay them back.

Well, something must drive a man.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Amozever12: 9:27am On Sep 03, 2019
femtex007:
Why boycott? Tot we should also go and loot their own shops here in nigeria. So that the equation can balance. #Reasonwith me
But the problem is how many Nigerians share the same view with u, bro, esplly the government authorities like police who would be the 1st to arrest any one who tries that. Its disheartening
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by BushDoctor123: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2019
femtex007:
Why boycott? Tot we should also go and loot their own shops here in nigeria. So that the equation can balance. #Reasonwith me
You type the words out of my hand. That is the best way to go in the present circustance, but trust nigerians , they are as docile as a lame duck.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by gaskiyamagana: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2019
PussyKing:
Stupid Nigerians

What is vow??

Take Actions

Shutdown Every south African Shops and businesses
This is over reacting. This will affect many if not everyone. People using MTN network for many finacial transactions are many. Failed government is making us reasoning without considering effect. A responsible and responsive govt will call back our ambassador and ask theirs to leave. Then negotiation for peace will start.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by gaskiyamagana: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2019
Amozever12:

But the problem is how many Nigerians share the same view with u, bro, esplly the government authorities like police who would be the 1st to arrest any one who tries that. Its disheartening
Even one will become police food, chop chop your money for bail.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by femtex007(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Amozever12:

I understand u bro. And that's the problem we are facing here in nigeria. See the way pple protest ed in egypt, libya, ivory coast when they wanted change of government. I know it will be very hard in nigeria but we can do it. Even our leaders cannot save us. Presidency said he will meet with south African president by october. And they are stealing, killing nigerians on a daily basis. Howmany of our brothers are going to remain before our president meet with their president? But if we take up harms. Even our leaders will know we are serious.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by lookingfly: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians taste for good things is very high but we can't sit in our own country and make things good for ourselves. They don't like made in Nigeria goods, they prefer made in China even if it's not up to standard.... But one way or the other we must get sense for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by SoNature(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2019
yrex01:
nigeria remain like this coz alot have diz kind of ur mindset.

Stop living in a cloud cucko land.

Let's face it, Nigeria isn't a united country.

Those who say: "United we stand, divided we fall," didn't just speak English.

There's lots of sense in it.

Nigeria cannot do Pooh! because this is a sh!thole.

As a matter of fact, we need South Africa more than they need us.

This country is a disgrace to the comity of nations!
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by lastempero: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2019
What us boycott,instead of attacking them,Nigerua has lost it all.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by mmsen: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2019
Glo are better than they were. Their data used to be useless but I'm using it currently.

9mobile is also good.

I do not use Airtel and I do not use MTN.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Wasky101: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2019
This is a joke, you boycott South African businesses in Nigeria that have at least 90% of their staff as Nigerians bah
Una mumu never do.
Boycott MTN and see how many unemployed people you will create
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Kingkun69(m): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2019
femtex007:
youll loot a shop that Nigerians work in Make it make sense
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by doffman: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2019
lilfreezy:
Stanley is not well. He had to throw in sarcasm with the addition of NTA grin

And also, all the tribes in Nigeria should see themselves as brothers and sisters.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Kingkun69(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2019
Insectkiller:
Nigerians are too civilized that's why they are calling for boycott of DSTV, ShopRite, stanbic, MTN, etc own by d SA..

But South Africans are uncivilized that's why they are engaged in crude attack on our brothers...

It's high time we retaliate, d same measure.

Easiest and fastest way to send message is to Burn down 10 ShopRites, 5 DStv headquarters, 10 MTN offices, seal off Stanbic Banks and wailey some SA citizens (don't kill them yet) in Nigeria.

These should be done now, not later..

shocked shocked
so you'll destroy a business that hires your country men
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by Ononachi(m): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2019
This is not enough. people should search for south africans in their areas and attack them. All the DSTV, MTN etc outlests i know are run by Nigerians. Where exactly can one see south africans in Nigeria?

"for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by UrVillagePpl: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2019
yea that's true..
afterall we ve got ours and can even improve the system.
who need MTN when we have GLOBACOM(arguably one of the best in naija even though it stil need some improvement).
who need stanbic bank when we have severals bigger banks in naija(UBA, FBN, GTB, Zenith, just to mention a few ).
who need DSTV when we have startimes (even though the system still need alot of improvement ) it could better if the aforementioned is scraped off.
afterall/perhabs the likes of otedola, dangote, mike adenugu(or others) could invest into this sectors and improve it...

#ENOUGHISENOUGHFORXENOPHOBIA
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by chomaloo(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2019
Nigeria is a joke. Serious joke
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by onwubiko(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2019
soberdrunk:
People shouting "boycott" do you know how many jobs will be lost? Unemployment in Nigeria is already high and y'all want to add to it? angry angry
do you know how many lives has been taken?
Re: Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business by ukeleh: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2019
We should mobilize ourselves to close down
all their business outfits in Nigeria for one week.
See the people we helped out of apartheid just now. Nigerian are never united in issues like this that is what gave them the gut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News / Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.