Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:39 AM

Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) (66947 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Couple Serves Snake And Crocodile At Wedding Reception - Photos / Is It Right To Sell Aso Ebi For Wedding With No Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Sophiejonas: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2019
Over the weekend, a couple whose wedding IV was the trending topic because it had a bold ‘no reception’ written on the IV, actually had a wedding reception courtesy of family and friends.

The groom, Adewale Yusuf, wrote on his twitter account:
so the weekend was full of drama as our wedding IV trended because of our #NoReception decision. I’m glad my wife is laughing about it now, because it wasn’t funny over the weekend. Thanks to everyone that insulted or defended us, we’re happy with our decision. We’re happy with our decision.

He said he was tricked to a reception by his colleagues. According to Yusuf, they wanted a small wedding but got dragged into a surprise wedding reception which was all paid for by his mentors and friends. He wrote on his Instagram account:

My wife and I had decided to not have a reception party after our wedding. Just church service, nothing big. But, on the day of the event after we had taken our pictures, I was tricked to the office by my mentors and to my surprise my team and friends had planned a surprise reception party for us.I have never been that surprised in my entire life. I was so shocked, that it took me hours to recover fully. One of the most heartwarming thing was that the team members who have moved on from the company, contributed towards the reception, as well. I believe in team spirit and that action reinforced my belief. Thank you #Techpointers
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/09/03/couple-whose-wedding-iv-had-no-reception-actually-had-a-wedding-reception-photos/

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Sophiejonas: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Topccy007z: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2019
The boldness from the couple is epic. I can't just imagine anyone coming up with something like that.

Wanna derail a little: Assuming these our corrupt and greedy leaders had made this country habitable to her citizens, our people won't have been victims of these xenophobic attacks in S.A.

Nigerians home and abroad need to stand up and fight for this Country or else there won't be a safe haven for any Nigerian.

166 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by obembet(f): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2019
God bless thier union Jare.. Na amebo Nigerian sabi

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Untainted007: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2019
Count yourself blessed when you are surrounded by positive minded people. They won't ever let you down.

153 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Homeboiy: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2019
Tested and trusted

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by CapitalHYC(m): 9:23am On Sep 03, 2019
It costs Zero Naira to be real.. I love their courage and Boldness... and to the wife most especially she is a goddess, her type of woman is rare in this present day Nigeria of IPhone and sharwama girls... God bless their Marriage

302 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Larryfest(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2019
More like they just needed to reduce the numbers of guest who would have attended the reception.. Nice strategy though..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 9:43am On Sep 03, 2019
So all the while it was not that the n1gga had something against reception. He just didn't see it as necessary. A waste of money.

A true king. I stan.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Chanchit: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2019
I had to check the name of the people doing the wedding. Immediately I saw a yoruba connection there. Forget, if they do not plan reception sef, his mother will borrow money to do one.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by frankblinkz(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Everything is going wrong in Nigeria at the moment...
Right now u can't travel easily to any European countries in the world once u are from Nigeria.
The US president has said that even if u give birth in US don't qualify ur child as a citizen.
Visa fees have been increased
We are bn paraded for so many offences in different parts of the world.
Nigerians are bn killed and detained in every part of the world
All eyes are watching Nigerians now..
The name NIGERIA is so loud on every TV stations world wide for our misbehaviours.
Now our fellow Africans are now killing us for no reason
all because of envy and jealousy that we are making it in their countries
BUHARI our youths are not LAZY.
Lack of jobs and means of survival led to all this
Empower us and trust a better Nigeria.
God help and protect Nigerians in diaspora
#Saynotoxenophobicattacks

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Richdad50(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Newshubs: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hnmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by helphelp: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
If given the chance again, I'd rather have something light for my reception as well. I just fed over 3000people for no just cause grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by philip0906(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Davash222:
Shut up, no one dragged you into any surprise wedding reception. You know what you’re doing. You needed attention and now you have it. Enjoy it while it last.
You are always bitter! Why?

That young man is a media person. He owns the biggest tech blog in the country. He doesn't need "any attention" or whatever you call it. He already has always had the attention as he runs a website that has over 400k monthly visits.

That young man don hustle, from back in the days at CC Hub. Things don dey pure for am. I am really happy for him.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by anonimi: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Davash222:
Shut up, no one dragged you into any surprise wedding reception. You know what you’re doing. You needed attention and now you have it. Enjoy it while it last.

If you don't have anything meaningful to say, must you talk to confirm to everyone

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6434374_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Harrymig1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
Rare wife material, 3000 yards grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Offpoint: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
This man beat me to my plan:

On my wedding, no reception, no food, I'm coming in with boxer and singlet, she can wear whatever pleases her.

attendant not more than 50, everyone is going home with a live chicken, a bottle of red wine and 10 congos of uncooked local rice with stew ingredients...

The wedding will not be more than 45minutes...

No time for dancing, go to your house and cook, eat, drink and dance.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by nonut: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
Igbo chicks fine die!
Na dem dey rush us.
Asa nwa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Toks2008(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
frankblinkz:
Everything is going wrong in Nigeria at the moment...
Right now u can't travel easily to any European countries in the world once u are from Nigeria.
The US president has said that even if u give birth in US don't qualify ur child as a citizen.
Visa fees have been increased
We are bn paraded for so many offences in different parts of the world.
Nigerians are bn killed and detained in every part of the world
All eyes are watching Nigerians now..
The name NIGERIA is so loud on every TV stations world wide for our misbehaviours.
Now our fellow Africans are now killing us for no reason
all because of envy and jealousy that we are making it in their countries
BUHARI our youths are not LAZY.
Lack of jobs and means of survival led to all this
Empower us and trust a better Nigeria.
God help and protect Nigerians in diaspora
#Saynotoxenophobicattacks

You are wrong about giving birth in U.S. It only says children of Citizens outside U.S will not have automatic citizenship.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Bukden16(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
This is lovely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Lamasta(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
They have been pronounced HUSBAND and WIFE that's the fact cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Hamachi(f): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
You've opened the portal fully. The human thought and the thinking substance is so powerful that when you're busy thinking the other is busy doing.
Life rule - Execute!

Africa oyaa let's change the age-long narrative. It's not about an elaborate wedding it's about a Happy and successful marriage. Don't mistaken the both. Never live in this world to please MEN, you only live once. This is a journey of two people and in the end it's just you both no one else. .
When you're invited to a wedding the purpose is to come "bear witness", everything thing else is just jara at the celebrant's discretion. .
Go and enjoy this amazing marriage bruh. God bless your Union. .
Drops mic

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by frankblinkz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
Toks2008:

You are wrong about giving birth in U.S. It only says children of Citizens outside U.S will not have automatic citizenship.
thanks for the correction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by gurusmac4: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
H

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by Isoduwa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
And so bloody what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Whose Wedding IV Had ‘no Reception’, Had A Wedding Reception(photos) by 12345baba(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
Publicity stunt

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plus-Sized Ladies In Bikini At South Africa's Pool Party / Ladies And Guys Party Wild At Club Joker, A Benin Night Club (Photos) / Social Club Of Igbo Millionaires In Malaysia Holds Today, 26th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.