Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa (48096 Views)

Xenophobia: Aliko Dangote Speaks On Reprisal Attacks / #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / Students Shut Down Shoprite In Ogun Over Xenophobia In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by StellarJo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
Odiegwu!

The last time I rechargeed my MTN line was 11days ago, and I'm not doing so till further notice.

I have started long ago I can call with my glo and airtel. Even that shoprite store I will stop going now. Let's start with ourselves. They need to be thought some lesson, in a way this measure can go a long way so that their Oga at the Top can press the right buttons.

2 Likes

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
Monaco2:
Trevor Noah speaks:

Exactly!
They have serious complex issues stemming up from past oppression and apartheid experience and they are now taking it out on the innocent hard working people.

Someone said he's protecting his biz, before nko? Is he part of them? He has carved a niche for himself so they should do same and not try to pull down the hard working ones with their laziness and insensitivity. Useless bunch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by StellarJo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
ForeThinker:
If it's Boko Haram now you do hear $1Billion is been .....

Can't we just retaliate with ......
God bless you with this picture.... I trust the FAT BOY e no dey send. E for Don dey talk say them wan test missile.

1 Like

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by anonimi: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
BuhariBuster:
They blamed the whites, we pitied them. Now they are blaming foreigners.

Black south Africans are lazy f00ls

Are blacks not mostly lazy f00ls, in Nigeria and everywhere

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

1 Like

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Enwhen(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
youngbang:
Lol, the guy man sabi business he no want Nigerians to attack them

If Nigerians attack them Nigerians na go still lose their job , na Dem dey work with MTN

should rather ask the govt. to revoke their license and give it to our own investors like the Otedola, Elumelu, Dangote or who ever is competent to handle it , because it Nigerians that r working for these South African firms ,

PMB doesn't give a damn about it because the majority of those affected , their brother's here in Nigeria didn't vote for Buhari and PMB could have done same to Abuja pple but rather refused to give them minister for refusing to vote for him.

Just imagine if it were fulanis that are being killed in the SA , Baba Buhari would have flown to affecting area to stop it the way he did in year 2001 when the OPC masacher fulanis as a repraisal in Oyo state under the leadership of Lamidi Adesina as gov.

1 Like

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by anonimi: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
ForeThinker:
If it's Boko Haram now you do hear $1Billion is been .....

Can't we just retaliate with ......

You are kidding right?
Nigeria does not have the firepower to match South Africa.
Ordinary ragtag Boko Haram terrorists, Fulani herdsmen terrorists, ritual killers and kidnappers we cannot handle, is it the South Africans who are miles away that you want to face?
Stop the joke please. angry

2 Likes

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by obimiheka(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
Shop rite and dstv go follow suit
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Rubicon67(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
Grammar and press release won't bring back those who have been killed or businesses that has been destroyed. We have heard this before.

#OperationBoycottAnythingSouthAfrican# must start to send a clear message to them and other countries.

Enough is Enough!
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by StellarJo(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Guzel:
We should boycot their products
If they are serious, they should have lobbied the SA government to take serious steps to end this rubbish years ago
With all the money Naija spend for Dem, Na like this Dem wan pay us. Our leaders don't think deep when doing anything they just do it for media and other ties created will benefit them personally and not us... E Don tey! If we boycott their Stores, Products that's the Consumers power and it will have a great effect.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
BuhariBuster:
They blamed the whites, we pitied them. Now they are blaming foreigners.

Black south Africans are lazy f00ls

Those guys are a serious blight on all Negroes worldwide... I used to think American Negroes were lazy and entitled till I researched South African blacks...

That's why so many years after the abolishment of apartheid, they are still slaves and second-class citizens in their own country. Bunch of unintelligent, over entitled, envious, and indolent scum.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Incandescent(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
I'm seriously considering switching my investment account from stanbic IBTC
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Born2Breed(f): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians keep saying retaliate, retaliate with what?

By boycotting shoprite that you all celebrated whenever it's opened in your area and you have turned it into a tourist attraction or Multichoice that you can't do without or is it MTN that is your Darling network or you want to include Stanbic Banks that average Nigerians don't even bank with.

Oh you want to send your military there with your archaic push and start carrier that's almost obsolete.

Only your idiot President has power to deal with S.A economically but the daft is so tribalistc that he don't give a damn so long Fulani's ain't involved.

Nigerians keep licking your wounds,the only solution is defend yourself with any means necessary if you are in S.A. its better to die fighting than die begging for the life that won't be spared anyway.

2 Likes

Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
blindjustice13:
Protecting his business interest ,i see what you did there mr CEO undecided

If you had a business, wouldn't you protect it?

The CEO is only being human.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by onilanre(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
Monaco2:
Trevor Noah speaks:

Where is National Association Of Nigerian Students (NANS)?

This is the best time to act.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by blindjustice13(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

If you had a business, wouldn't you protect it?

The CEO is only being human.
if he wanted to protect his business he would be speaking with his govt who are obviously aiding zenophobia.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by Topmaike007(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
ccrazy:
Now MTN has so many businesses in so many African countries, attacking them here wouldn't make them lose much in it's entirety but instead our country men who work there will only lose their jobs instead.
I'll say that the Nigerians in South Africa should all live in one area like how the non Muslims live in sabon gari or so up North so that if there is any attack from the indigenes, the news can spread fast and they are can easily defend themselves with guns and other things and also even if this xenophobia is halted, some serious minded Nigeria should at random times be killing the south Africans like the mossad style after ww2 as revenge.

Or we can chase and pursue all these south Africans from their companies like MTN, DStv and co, then the federal government can employ capable hands in Nigeria to manage it while our government will own all those establishment.
oga we're not loosing anything they will just be change of ownership like Etisalat and the people there won't loose there work
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
emkz:
If I am Buhari, I will cancel the meeting with the SA president. I will send my minister of foreign affairs and initiate a process of relocating Nigerians from there. Thereafter, I will withdraw the operating license of MTN, Shoprite and DSTv for a week. I will ban SA Airlines from flying our airspace or landing in any of our airports. By the time South African companies keep groaning under the weight of the might of the FG, they'd be forced to negotiate. Thereafter, we would ask them to pay compensations in full to the businesses their misanthropes destroyed. Then, they must take responsibilities for the security of Nigerians more seriously. Trust Abacha to carry out these measures and they'd come and beg him. Buhari, I wish you realize how much power you have!

Failure to do so, those companies would lose their biggest market worldwide. No sensible government would allow that.

Withdrawing the operating license of South African businesses in Nigeria will not knock sense into the heads of those idiots perpetrating the xenophobic attacks.

Moreover, the Federal Government must have good reasons to withdraw licenses or they would have a massive lawsuit to deal with.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by 8stargeneral: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2019
I will borrow 5000 from my mtn line after I use d credit finish nah to break d SIM card
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2019
blindjustice13:
if he wanted to protect his business he would be speaking with his govt who are obviously aiding zenophobia.

Is that any of his duties?

He is an investor, and one of his primary duties to our country is providing employment, and respecting whatever agreements might exist between us and his company. He is not an ambassador or a government special adviser.

He is just a businessman like some of our brothers and sisters that are being unjustly hunted and killed in South Africa.

South Africa has a diplomatic presence in Nigeria, and Nigeria has in South Africa. It is the job of these people to strengthen relations between their countries.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
Monaco2:
Trevor Noah speaks:
Trevor Noah did not say that. Do you have proof?
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by shogsman(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
Too late I’ve chew my sim already.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by syntekelite(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
after all the talk.. you nigerians are still using mtn sim to communicate, still patronising southy businesses..forget govt,as citizens you can all practise economic boycott,its not a crime and no one is killed,but it works wonders..imagine no one patronising shoprite,imagine a million nigerians remove their mtn sim,trust me these companies ceo's will call the s.african president to order..but you all come online to react,then go to shop rite to eat and expect solutions..
well i have removed my mtn sim,and will no longer use it..i hope you all share this and lets begin the tacit revolution.
#streetpoet..
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by blindjustice13(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

Is that any of his duties?

He is an investor, and one of his primary duties to our country is providing employment, and respecting whatever agreements might exist between us and his company. He is not an ambassador or a government special adviser.

He is just a businessman like some of our brothers and sisters that are being unjustly hunted and killed in South Africa.

South Africa has a diplomatic presence in Nigeria, and Nigeria has in South Africa. It is the job of these people to strengthen relations between their countries.
sure but i think the only way to stop this is to evacuate all Nigerians from SA, shut our embassy down, recall our ambassador and shut down SA embassy here in Nigeria . anything short of this will lead to nothing, this has been going on for years,we have taken the dialogue and diplomatic route still no change ,even the deputy police commisioner has openly said , they are fighting for their land. Sometimes an eye for an eye is the only way to curtail violence
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by olumalcolm(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2019
WHAT HE WROTE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHATS HAPPENING IN SA. HE DID NOT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. WHATS WITH WE CONDEMN, WE CONDEMN. CALL YOUR PRESIDENT AND LET HIM KNW HIS COUNTRY RISKS GREAT INVESTMENT GOING DOWN THE DRAIN COS I CAN ASSURE YOU GUYS, WE WILL RETALIATE. angry
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by mechanics(m): 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
obembet:
Ferdi Moolman don steal buhari garammer. (Condemn)
hahahahah, he should say that to his president.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
blindjustice13:
sure but i think the only way to stop this is to evacuate all Nigerians from SA, shut our embassy down, recall our ambassador and shut down SA embassy here in Nigeria . anything short of this will lead to nothing, this has been going on for years,we have taken the dialogue and diplomatic route still no change ,even the deputy police commisioner has openly said , they are fighting for their land. Sometimes an eye for an eye is the only way to curtail violence

I already mentioned this in an earlier post, and surprisingly, well-placed people are already considering that option.

We need to shut down South African diplomatic presence in Nigeria.

If that does not solve the problem, then we can force AU to convene and address the matter once and for all, even if it means invading South Africa.
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by bjnice(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Incandescent:
I'm seriously considering switching my investment account from stanbic IBTC

Baba please do!
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by guynextdoor(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
Botfuss:
F*ck you CEO. Go and educate your illiterate brothers. Leave our country modafoka.

Back to Nigeria, the fact that Nigerians migrate to a sh*thole like South Africa for greener pasture is heart bleeding. South Africa?really? country wey we dey treat like beggars in the 70’s ?May God punish all the politicians that brought us to this stage.

Ameeeeem ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
olumalcolm:
WHAT HE WROTE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHATS HAPPENING IN SA. HE DID NOT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. WHATS WITH WE CONDEMN, WE CONDEMN. CALL YOUR PRESIDENT AND LET HIM KNW HIS COUNTRY RISKS GREAT INVESTMENT GOING DOWN THE DRAIN COS I CAN ASSURE YOU GUYS, WE WILL RETALIATE. angry

And what would your retaliation do? Would it stop those illiterates from carrying out more xenophobic attacks? Would your retaliation harm any of those illiterates burning and looting shops?
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by blindjustice13(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

I already mentioned this in an earlier post, and surprisingly, well-placed people are already considering that option.

We need to shut down South African diplomatic presence in Nigeria.

If that does not solve the problem, then we can force AU to convene and address the matter once and for all, even if it means invading South Africa.
honestly, that is the only way to go, they are even bragging about it on social media that they will keep killing foreginers and there is nothing the govt of those affected can do about it, talk about sheer arrogance. I think the Nigerian govt has to move faster, this snail speed approach is worrisome
Re: CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa by shigishege: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
MrGidifeed:
Ferdi Moolman the CEO of MTN Nigeria as released an official statement on the Xenophobia attacks going on in South Africa.

See is statement below..

Source: https://gidifeed.com/ceo-mtn-nigeria-ferdi-moolman-speaks-on-xenophobia-attacks-in-south-africa/
Lalasticlala OAM4J, Mynd44
lolz he can't even blame his south African guys doing bad to other people. he is sutely more on south African side than nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Simple Online Businesses You Can Start From Home With Little Or No Capital!! / Femi Otedola’s Celebrates Christmas With 89-Year-Old Mother Lady Doja (Photos) / Who Knows About Forever Living Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.