Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,568 members, 7,801,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business (4592 Views)

Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed? / Starting A Building Material Business I Need A Mentor / Help!:Info required on starting a bakery in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by chronique(m): 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
hi pals. please if you have a complete info on how to set up a well equipped sawmill business and a building material business,please call me up on 07065614087. thanks
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by ronky4luv(f): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2010
Get equipped by attending a seminar on the required info.

Don't be a mumuoooo
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by femmy2010(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
It is a very good and viable biz.
Set it up in a developing area,like outskirt of Lagos.
It would be best you buy/own the land you plan to ure for in the future you wud wish u own it.
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by chronique(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
of course,i own the land, anyone knows about a seminar that culd be of help?
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by femmy2010(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2010
The best seminar you can get is spending say a month with a running sawMill.
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by kenoyad: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2010
@poster, to be frank with you, no seminar would give you information on setting up a sawmill. Its not what you can venture into without proper professional considerations that are needed to consider before starting a sawmill. do not let anybody deceive you, you cannot set up a well functioning sawmill in Lagos or metropolis, if you will do it, it will have to be in some part of Ogun state or Osun state or Ondo state because of number one factor to consider which is raw material (LOG). Is there any forest estate or reserve in Lagos state?? I am a forester and I need to tell you because I hope you are in Lagos, I am in Ibadan and I can not advice my worst enemy to start a sawmill in Ibadan because there is no more log in Oyo state forest estates. But if you want to be processing wood material whereby you will be getting your raw materials from some other part and be processing in Lagos, which is even not sensible cause it is better for factory to be close to raw material.
I will advise that you try some other business if you do not have any person that you can fully trust and who has experience in this field and who has been doing this trade for years. But if you really have interest then you will need to walk around for feasibility studies because I cannot even say I know much about it, I just know factors to consider, I am not owner of one and I am not working in one but I can be of help to walk around to get facts needed and that would even be in some part of Osun and Ondo states cause I reside in Ibadan. Contact me at my email or phone if you want me to work with you in this respect. I am Kehinde 08098503534 or yadeyi12@yahoo.com
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by kenoyad: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
@poster, Then as specified be femmy2010 to be a professional, one need to stay in a running sawmill for at least a month. I know some people that are in this field and can help to get experience from them. Kindly let me know if you still want to proceed. Thanks.
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by doublekay: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2010
@poster just look for a sawmill and attach to
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by chronique(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
@ all. thanks for the comments, would think things through.
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by KayB: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2010
by now u will understand why i sent u dat sms in d first instance, location is of essential but i believe there is a virgin point in lagos that is suitable for sawmill but it is developing and we can move along wt it if u r set really because that place would be hub soon. i have my forest allocation and some other basics
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by chronique(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
ok. will get in touch with you.
Re: Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business by Evell: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
How to start a sawmill business in any country

Thinking of how to start up a sawmill business or lumber company? Check out this special content, a summary of everything you need to know about the subject.

A sawmill makes the first industrial processing of wood, that is, right after the trees are cut and prepared in the shape of logs still in the forests. The final product of a sawmill can be both the manufacture of furniture and the construction material.

Products of forest origin are present in our daily lives and range from the most obvious, such as paper and furniture, to beauty products, medicines, food and clothing. Among the segments that use wood as the main raw material, we can mention cellulose and paper, wood panels, laminated floors, sawn and plywood, charcoal and energy steel. In the consumer goods sector, the printing, packaging, furniture, chemical.

What is a sawmill business or a lumber company?

The sawmill or the lumber company are responsible for the industrial processing of wooden pieces, but still in the stage they are in right after the cut, when they are still in the shape of logs. It is the first industrial contact of the material right after the extraction.

The company is usually composed of a log yard , a machine shed and a warehouse for the sawn wood to dry and be stored. Lumber is the final product, which is a basic industry. It sends this product to the processing, furniture and other industries , so that the wood is converted into other consumer products.

The raw material of a lumber company is logs, still raw. This material comes from planted or native forests. Regardless of the source of the wood, it is important that the company is located close to the area from which the trees are harvested, to facilitate the transport process.

Read more: https://nairalanceblog.com/2021/02/13/how-to-start-a-sawmill-business-in-any-country/

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Good And Legal Online Bussiness / How To Make Money Drop Shipping/importing From Nigeria Without Capital / Ikeja Post Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.