Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka (12536 Views)

Reconsider Position On N385 Pump Price, Senator Gershom Bassey Warns Govs / Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! / Iran Shiites Protest At Nigerian Embassy In London Over El-Zakzaky (Video, Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Bethel80: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
WE’LL TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT CLOSURE OF NIGERIAN EMBASSY IN SRI LANKA, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Nigeria will re-examine the closure of her embassy in Colombo in 2017 in view of the important relationship the country has with Sri Lanka.

Speaking at a farewell audience granted the outgoing High Commissioner of the Democratic Republic of Sri Lanka, His Excellency Thambirajah Raveenthiran at the State House, Abuja, on Thursday, the President explained that financial challenges which the country faced at the time informed the closure of some Nigerian embassies and consulates during a rationalisation exercise.

He assured that his administration will take another look at that decision as it affected Sri Lanka following the request by the outgoing High Commissioner.

President Buhari wished Mr Raveenthiran success in his future undertakings.

In his remarks, the outgoing High Commissioner said he had spent four out of his 30-year career in diplomatic service in Nigeria.

He said his period in Nigeria was remarkable in several ways, stressing that he enjoyed the support and cooperation of Nigerians, and was greatly assisted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Mr Raveenthiran said that his country has a lot to offer Nigeria in the areas of counter-terrorism, medical tourism and higher education.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 3, 2019

http://www.bellsnews.com/politics/president-buhari-to-consider-re-opening-nigerian-embassy-in-sri-lanka/
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by DrNueLpureHoney: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
Better oo
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Mcreloaded(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mr Raveenthiran said that his country has a lot to offer Nigeria in the areas of counter-terrorism, medical tourism and higher education
Thats all they have to offer. Nigerians.
Wonder what Nigeria has to offer outside oil which they buy in dollars and expect us to spend the dollars on medical tourism and higher education.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mr Raveenthiran said that his country has a lot to offer Nigeria in the areas of counter-terrorism, medical tourism and higher education.....
Bring it on.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
PMB should please get in NTA and address the freaking country!!!!

How's that a task!

This man don disappoint me finish. I return to my apolitical state.

24 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by eleojo23: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
I hope it will not be as useless as the one in South Africa...

Issokay!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by temmypotter(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
The foolishness of PMB's media and publicity team, How is this bit of news useful at this very unfortunate and dark time in our history, A country that was to be the pride of Africa has become a joke, We should be to Africa what America is to the world but we are now a subject of ridicule.

Nigeria , the most populous black nation is at the mercy of a nation with less than 60million people, begging for our lives, Disheartening!

We can hate the likes of Abacha and IBB all we want, but in their time, nations respected us, feared us even. Sad!

16 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nasiruonline:
Fhbgv hh
Nasiru, what is the meaning of this?!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
Top Ten Places No Nigerian Has Ever Visited
https:///2018/11/top-ten-places-no-nigerian-has-ever-visited.html

Top 10 Things Almost No Human Can Do According To Science (Pics)
https:///2019/07/top-10-things-almost-no-human-can-do-according-to-science-pics.html

See This Beautiful Fairy-Tale Village In Netherlands With No Roads
https:///2019/08/see-this-beautiful-fairy-tale-village-in-netherlands-with-no-roads.html

Top Ten Smartest People Alive
https:///2018/12/top-ten-smartest-people-alive.html

Ten Unusual Stories Involving Drunk Animals
https:///2018/12/ten-unusual-stories-involving-drunk-animals.html

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
How does that resolve the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Jaykolo10(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Oga Jubril... Our pipo are dying in Southy na... Release your herdsmem make something sup for there na cry

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Pavore9: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Mr Raveenthiran said that his country has a lot to offer Nigeria in the areas of counter-terrorism, medical tourism and higher education
Wonder what Nigeria has to offer outside oil which they buy in dollars and expect us to spend the dollars on medical tourism and higher education.

As we craze reach, Nigeria has an abundance of human capital.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by success1smyn(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
dullardinhoo
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by rozayx5(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
When are we recalling our ambassador and expelling the south African one in Nigeria?

What sort of dollard is this

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by mmadu4: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Am I the only one hoping that buhari slums and die ?? cos this bastard was a mistake

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
post=81889311:

Nasiru, what is the meaning of this?!

It's called placeholder text, my dear Mai Suya.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by rozayx5(m): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
Factboyz1:
Buhari should address the nation on the xenophobia attacks

Abba kiyari has to write something for him
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Houseofglam7(f): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
undecided
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by heckymaicon(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
Says the most useless and clueless president in the history of Nigeria.

Shame on you dullârdinho

May you and your useless supporters cry over your loved ones before the end of this month. insha allah (amen)

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Tedpgrass: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Where does Sri Lanka fit in our foreign policy or trade relations??

That should answer whether we re-open the embassy or not. There are several Nigerian embassies and High commission staff that are paid haphazardly and often months in arrears!!!

Rumour has it that a certain ambassador's residence almost had its utilities cut off with a date in court due to lack of payment. shocked shocked

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by homealone00: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
undecided
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by madenigga(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
mmadu4:
Am I the only one hoping that buhari slums and die ?? cos this bastard was a mistake
you would die first before him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by homealone00: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
Your people are dying and you are considering Rubbish... Me President may Almighty God Punish you.
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Mustay(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mcreloaded:

I consider that a slight. Medical tourism? That is see finish. They want to take India's share and it sounds embarrassing stating that when our President was on medical treatment abroad.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by AdonaiAluminium: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
He's still talking of Sri Lanka while Nigerians are being killed in their thousands in South Africa

Contact us for all your roofing jobs,roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by aolawale025: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
What difference does it make?
Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Mcreloaded(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mustay:

I consider that a slight. Medical tourism? That is see finish. They want to take India's share and it sounds embarrassing stating that when our President was on medical treatment abroad.
With the kind of money India makes on medical tourism from Nigeria am not surprised other countries want to cash in on it.
We still got a long way to go

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by heckymaicon(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
mmadu4:

SECONDED

A very big mistake at that. My roommate told me I'm going to regret campaigning for the dullard in 2015. The funniest thing is the handwriting was already on the wall two months into the fool's administration.

God punish buhari and his poverty stricken supporters on nairaland i.e bbq, afamed, yarimo, simplyleo

I'm sure your ancestors are disappointed in you guys for selling your conscience for peanuts.

Stop defending a failure. It's better late than never

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by klever18(m): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nigeria ministry of foreign affairs deserve beating

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka by Luvinghubby: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
post=81889270:
Bring it on.......

buhari ass Licker

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay / Ministry Of Justice Goes Bankrupt Under Malami, Can No Longer Pay Salaries - SR / Gunmen Kidnap Eze Damian Nwaigwe (Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.