Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt (26908 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / Cash-strapped PDP Now Resorting To S’african Drug Dealers For Funding - Nabena / Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by CGMedia: 2:18am On Sep 04, 2019
Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr Sunday Dare has condemned the recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had previously reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze by South Africans.

A viral video sighted by Igbere TV on Monday also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Reacting to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Minster called on the South African government to act now or have itself to blame.

“The most recent xenophobic attack on Nigerians is unacceptable and condemnable. These attacks now a routine expose the ugly underbelly of the South African system. The South Govt better stem this whirlwind now or it will have itself to blame”, he wrote.

http://igberetvnews.com/960176/xenophobia-youth-and-sports-minister-dare-reacts/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by daewoorazer(m): 2:23am On Sep 04, 2019

All I see is a young simba trying out his roaring skills after a threat from Scar...
Stooge of a toothless dawg ... oh I mean presidency

37 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by TONYE001(m): 2:44am On Sep 04, 2019
Ouch! I can feel the stab,
The blade of them knife tearing through my heart.
Blood dribbling, dripping on our flag,
Tears pouring, 'cause I'm crying for my land.

I'm asking, what did we do to deserve this?
Tell me if our lives are now cheap,
They killing us at home, and killing us in yankee
While our leaders are eating fat and looting.

Is the African giant now fatherless?
Is Africa's strongest now the weakest?
Are the lives of my brothers now the cheapest -
That all them buyers go for it in the market?

Build our home! Is this too much to ask for?
We put you on the throne, can kick you out if you fail us
I'm crying, pain flowing down my spine
My brothers are dying, while all you do is take wine

Nigerians, wake up!
Let's come together -
And chase these thieves in Aso out of power
Brothers, rise up!
Together we can conquer
For in the hands of the people is the power.

For every legit Nigerian in the diaspora subjected to unjust treatment.

#NotoXenophobia.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by pyro62(m): 2:44am On Sep 04, 2019
Xenophobia.. Let it not lead to war.. Nigeria sabi overdo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by bizza45: 2:56am On Sep 04, 2019
imagine talk ... your president said he is sending envoy to s.a, but if its to go for holiday and checkup, there will be no envoy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by StillX10(m): 3:28am On Sep 04, 2019
Empty threats no action

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:12am On Sep 04, 2019
The whole world is watching .
South Africa us under the watch of the whole world.
This evil act of xenophobia attack on other countries must be stopped now.

They should watch it, what goes around comes around.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:13am On Sep 04, 2019
StillX10:
Empty threats no action
And if they refused to talk it is you and your ilks that will be crying they are saying nothing.
We know the people that are really pained by this evil xenophobic issues, not charlatans that have been praying for unrest in the country since 2015.
Shame!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by SHOPPERS(m): 5:15am On Sep 04, 2019
South Africa is getting it wrong this time.

They believe they have nothing to lose but they've forgotten, the whole world is watching.

This world is not a static place.

One day, the hate they've sown will surely germinate and their coming generations will surely bear the brunt of all these.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by kasheemawo(m): 5:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians are seriously fighting for IPOB in South Africa
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by seunlayi(m): 5:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Am I still a Nigerian? What a shame, S A that we laboured for

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by boolet: 5:16am On Sep 04, 2019
TONYE001:
Ouch! I can feel the stab,

Nigerians, wake up!
Let's come together -
Brothers, rise up!
Together we can conquer

#NotoXenophobia.
Shey na poem be dis or na song?
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by ofemigeorge(m): 5:17am On Sep 04, 2019
pyro62:
If i was the president of nigeria. I will secretly recruit special forces undercover to southafrica and for every one nigeria killed a bigger retailiation in a coded way will fall on them and a message will be delivered. Isreal did thr same. U.S will do the same. These days no e by gragra. Na under leaf worm dey.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by anonimi: 5:17am On Sep 04, 2019
pyro62:

What war?
Against Boko Haram or Fulani herdsmen?
Or ritual killers or kidnappers?
Have we won the wars above before facing South Africa that is better prepared than we are for wars?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Auxtin85(m): 5:18am On Sep 04, 2019
The attack continues today, they announce the next area to attack and no security personnel are sent to maintain peace till the evil is done.

It’s an organized crime against foreigners leaving in SA and I can tell you the police are very much aiding the attacks here.

It’s a shame that our own police are killing us back home for reacting.

May God keep us alive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Bossontop(m): 5:19am On Sep 04, 2019
undecided
Meanwhile......

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Ikpeazukerosene: 5:20am On Sep 04, 2019
And that worthless wawa idiot from Enugu who is the Minister for Foreign affairs is still calling meetings to gossip with the South African High Commissioner.
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by royalamour(m): 5:21am On Sep 04, 2019
First of all, this igbere TV as a name is not appealing. Even to pronounce it in my head is a huge problem.

The government is aware of these attacks. The SA police, the minister of police and many government functionaries are in support of the attacks.

They are afraid that the immigrants will take over their country. They won't do anything.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by superior1: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2019
Tales by moonlight
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2019
[quote author=TONYE001 post=81900506]Ouch! I can feel the stab,

Nigerians, wake up!
Let's come together -
Brothers, rise up!
Together we can conquer

Poetry by john pepper Clark ���
Nice one���
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Emecunze: 5:22am On Sep 04, 2019
Some Nigerians are hypocrites oo

We kill each other on daily basis in the country(boko Haram, killer herdsmen, kidnapping, arm robbers, yahoo etc) and we all pretend as if is none of our business.. but because of the one happening in South Africa, we want the entire world to hear us!!!

When you don't value your own lives..how then do you want others to value you
*abegi*
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by jessebig: 5:22am On Sep 04, 2019
CGMedia:
Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr Sunday Dare has condemned the recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had previously reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze by South Africans.

A viral video sighted by Igbere TV on Monday also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign
nationals.”

Reacting to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Minster called on the South African government to act now or have itself to blame.

“The most recent xenophobic attack on Nigerians is unacceptable and condemnable. These attacks now a routine expose the ugly underbelly of the South African system. The South Govt better stem this whirlwind now or it will have itself to blame”, he wrote.

http://igberetvnews.com/960176/xenophobia-youth-and-sports-minister-dare-reacts/

XENOPHOBIA REVENGE : Scenes, After Some Nigerians Damage and Loot Shoprite mall, Lekki Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvxCTeQkjU

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Ikpeazukerosene: 5:22am On Sep 04, 2019
anonimi:

What war?
Against Boko Haram or Fulani herdsmen?
Or ritual killers or kidnappers?
Have we won the wars above before facing South Africa that is better prepared than we are for wars?

All they need to do is nationalise Standard CHARTERED, Multichoice and Protea for a start. Let's even leave MTN, Stanbic and others. Those Mzansi idiots in SA would get the memo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by JimohMomoh: 5:22am On Sep 04, 2019
After returning from Japan Buhari should have organized an emergency FEC meeting and come up with action plan on how to deal with SouthAfrica, he should also have address the nation and declare mourning for Nigerians killed. Buhari is too weak and slow when it comes to important issues, but fast with the dss and army when comes to fulani and their cows.

Youth and mobs that perceive that govt is doing nothing against xenophobia will capitalize on it the killings to vandalize and loot businesses owned by same Nigerians all in the name of retaliation.
FG do sometthing now abeg and stop snapping photographs. We need action mbok.

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by Opinedecandid(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt by israelmao(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2019
This is a kind of message have been waiting for even Jesus said be gentle as a dove and be wise as serpent which implies there are times your dove-like nature should be revealed and there are other times that your serpentine nature should be revealed.The ministry of Jesus is two-edged sword.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Oshiomole's Dramatic Entrance At APC Rally In Bayelsa (Video) / Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Women In Kwara - Photos / Photo Of Buhari, Saraki And Dogara Smiling During their meeting In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.