Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria (26995 Views)

Chuba Akpom Dumps England For Nigeria / Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by ogbiwa: 7:36am On Sep 04, 2019
Tammy Abraham makes Nigeria wait as Super Eagles tell Chelsea star to snub England call.

Nigeria have launched an audacious attempt to convince Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to snub England and represent the Super Eagles at international level.

Abraham made his England debut in a friendly win over Germany in November 2017 before appearing against Brazil a week later but is free to switch as he has yet to play a competitive match for Gareth Southgate.

But Abraham, who has scored four goals in his last two Chelsea games, has told Nigeria that he will not give them a final decision until next April.

Amaju Pinnick said: “We will not relent in our quest for good players to pay for the country and win laurels. We will keep talking to good players of Nigerian descent to play for their Fatherland.

“But these kids are very independent minded. We have been told to wait until April 2020, when he hopes to make a final decision on the matter.

“I told him that he had a better chance of playing regularly for Nigeria than with England, which has a galaxy of strikers.”

Abraham won 25 caps for England Under-21s, scoring nine goals.

Previously, Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha in 2016 opted to snub England, despite coach Gareth Southgate’s attempts to persuade him, and decided to play for the Ivory Coast.

The forward scored twice for the Ivory Coast as they reached the quarter finals of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt this summer.

Abraham’s recent strikes against Norwich and Sheffield United have helped justify Frank Lampard’s decision to place faith in the Chelsea academy graduate.

And Lampard has revealed he has been helping the former Bristol City, Swansea and Aston Villa loanee to improve his game.

“I’m delighted with Tammy, delighted with his attitude,” Lampard said.

“He has a really great attitude in training and desire to score. His all-round game as well.

“We’ve been working really closely with Tammy on little bits of his game that can be even better.

“He is really receptive to that and I thought the performance was class, he was really unlucky not to have three.”

Next up for Chelsea after the international break is Saturday September 14’s Premier League showdown with Wolves at Molineux.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1173424/Tammy-Abraham-Nigeria-England-Super-Eagles-Chelsea-News

3 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by logon599: 7:36am On Sep 04, 2019
I'm honestly not angry with Abraham cos it's not his fault. It's ours. When you don't place value on yourself, it'll allow other people to treat you anyhow. Nigeria has not placed any atom of value on itself and image and as a result, a championship level player is playing tete with the country's call up.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by izzou(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2019
We beg this boy too much...

Alaba plays for Austria but I don't think he will ever have a national team medal till the day he retires

He can play for Canada sef.

After all, our striking department is almost complete. Na defense and keeper we still dey find

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by donstan18: 7:45am On Sep 04, 2019
He'll be so foolish to play for country with lesser values for her citizens.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by TheExecutioner: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2019
He'd better not throw his career away by committing the same blunder that has jinxed Alex Iwobi.

At the moment England has a lot of bright young and talented footballers who've come through the ranks like Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho, Mason Mount, Mason Greenwood etc

Tammy Abraham would fit PERFECTLY into the England set up and he'll enjoy the added advantage of playing in a National team where you don't hear about stupid stories like players threatening to go on strike because greedy officials have pocketed their match allowances.

35 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2019
He will add the much needed value to our front line. Ighalo can finally retire in peace and save us all his wastefulness.
About him putting Nigeria on hold, it's a big decision and everyone will agree that he needs to weigh his options carefully. I'll be glad to see him in the green and white colors but if he opts for England, its a great decision for him too.
Up Gunners!

5 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by drizslim(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2019
Ok we will wait for Jesus second coming & Tammy Abraham as well. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by dfrost: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2019
He should go and play for the 3 Lions. cheesy grin

We are waiting. Gabriel Agbonlahor comes to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by miteolu(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2019
We don't need Tamite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Lilshorecords(m): 11:07am On Sep 04, 2019
f
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Andersonjr(m): 11:07am On Sep 04, 2019
Nigeria should just leave the kid alone abeg
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by loadedvibes: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2019
For why.. don't come to Nigeria o.... we when dey here dey find way to comot

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by StupidNLmods: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2019
This Tammy Abraham will be worse than yakubu if he gets into SE.
We don't need him abeg

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by dessey(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2019
He better choose to play for Nigeria, or he should look at the carrier of his former colleague who once played for England at their peak level and later snub where things where tough for them , the likes of Agbonlahor , John fash and co, a word is enough for the wise. grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Houseofglam7(f): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2019
undecided
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Lilshorecords(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2019
He's great, abraham is sure a great player

What's ever his decision is

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2019
Let him play for whichever country he wants to. It's his choice.
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by AustineCJ: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2019
forwards....Oshimen,Chukwueze,Samuel Kalu,Iwobi,Musa,Onyekuru...
iheanacho can improve,Awoniyi is doing great already n Koyode is cool.....dont know why beg Tammy Abraham.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Favourdesent(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2019
i stop liking him after he loose that p.k against Liverpool
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2019
[quote author=Turkeyndndndn post=81909663][/quote]This your scam will not take you far in life!

You always opening new accounts every minute and still advertising same thing.

I pity people who will fall for this your website design for 20k.
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by majamajic(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2019
he should learn from the past
Z576NJ9C
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by holuphisayor(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2019
he should come. Far better than trashford.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by olametrix(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2019
To registered my child to top class academy will cost me roughly how mush, because I want FG to beg my child like this

3 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2019
izzou:
We beg this boy too much...

Alaba plays for Austria but I don't think he will ever have a national team medal till the day he retires

He can play for Canada sef.

After all, our striking department is almost complete. Na defense and keeper we still dey find
leave alaba out of d argument d guy wanted to play 4 Nigeria someone asked him for bribe b4 he can represent us

4 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2019
who will choose nigeria ,i mean the [nightmare] over england?only a mad man.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by femi4: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2019
Confused fellow
Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by oloriooko(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2019
If we have to beg this boy to play for us, we shall continue to beg him to play to instructions.
Please NFF should snub the dude he's not interested in playing for us so let him be angry

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria by CrestMan: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Nobody should mind this boy. He thinks he is smart. He's trying to use switching to Nigeria to threaten England for a place in the 3 lions team. He said he will decide latest April 2020.

Question: If Gareth Southgate should invite him today, will he reject or jump at the offer to play for England?
(your answer should not be more than 5 words)

Your time starts NOW!
tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timo Werner Leaves Chelsea, Returns To RB Leipzig / EA Sports Lose Almost £700 Million After Juventus FIFA 20 Snub / Asisat Oshoala Wins Treble With Barcelona (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.