Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa (528 Views)

Jubril Al-sudani Smuggled Into South Africa In The Company Of Cuban Doctors / Ikere George Dam: The State Of The Abandoned Nigeria Second Largest Dam (Video) / Why PDP Ate Into South-west In 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by kilisi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
For those who are calling for Nigeria to severe international relations with South Africa, I hope we are aware that we benefit from South Africa too. The article below shows that Nigeria exports a good percentage of her crude oil to South Africa. And we shouldn't forget in a hurry that our economy is crude oil dependent.

Almost 40% of South Africa's crude oil imports comes from Saudi Arabia. Nigeria is the 2nd biggest contributor to South Africa's crude oil imports, with almost 30% of all of South Africa's crude oil imports coming from Nigeria. In a distant 3rd place is Angola, with almost 16% of South Africa's crude oil coming from Angola. Surprising to see is Iran is South Africa's 4th biggest contributor to crude oil imports (and this with Iran having sanctions imposed on them over very long periods of time from January 2010 to June 2017). One wonders how much bigger Iran's crude oil imports into South Africa would have been if it was not for sanctions imposed against them.

Source: https://www.southafricanmi.com/blog-23oct2017.html
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by NetBizguy: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
So
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by mrvitalis(m): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
We are MTN biggest market
In face MTN nigeria is worth more Then other MTN combine

We are DSTV biggest market

Should i go on ? Dangote would meet up what they buy when his project is complete
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by Generalissimo75(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
So??
Oh! I forgot. See how great our economy is owning to the proceeds from crude oil sales.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by kilisi(m): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
mrvitalis:
We are MTN biggest market
In face MTN nigeria is worth more Then other MTN combine

We are DSTV biggest market

Should i go on ? Dangote would meet up what they buy when his project is complete

Nice points raised there, but let me add that our economy is oil dependent. And that, by extension includes our currency. I know you will remember how the Naira went on a downward spiral in late 2015 through 2016 when the price of crude oil went down.

Note that I'm not saying the Nigerian government should fold it's arms and watch on as its citizens get decimated in foreign lands but we should explore all available diplomatic means first. When that fails to work, then the government can then decide to go down hard on South Africa and damn the short term consequence it may have on us.

I hope I'm right sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by lastempero: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
And so fucking what?
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by mrvitalis(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
kilisi:

Nice points raised there, but let me add that our economy is oil dependent. And that, by extension includes our currency. I know you will remember how the Naira went on a downward spiral in late 2015 through 2016 when the price of crude oil went down.

Note that I'm not saying the Nigerian government should fold it's arms and watch on as its citizens get decimated in foreign lands but we should explore all available diplomatic means first. When that fails to work, then the government can then decide to go down hard on South Africa and damn the short term consequence it may have on us.

I hope I'm right sha.
How barrels do they buy ...if we sanction DSTV the whites would call them to order

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Largest Exporter Of Crude Oil Into South-africa by MPSA(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

How barrels do they buy ...if we sanction DSTV the whites would call them to order
You with your Oyibo grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Has Boycotted The World Economic Forum In South Africa / Even Our Enemies Agree Yahaya Bello Has Done Well- Oshiomhole / In Abia State, A Road Serves As Drainage, Drainage Serves As Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.