Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra (6119 Views)

DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices / DPR Seals 12 Filling Stations In Sokoto, Kebbi / DPR Seals NNPC, Mobil, Total Filling Stations For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Mrakeli: 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) on Wednesday sealed three petrol stations and placed 30 pumps on out-of-use in Awka, Anambra over infractions of under-dispensing.

The clampdown on defaulting stations followed an ongoing surveillance in compliance with the standard operations guidelines by DPR in the state.

Addressing newsmen in Awka, after the surveillance visit, Mr Ignatius Anyanwu, Controller of Operations at Anambra office of DPR, said the compliance level in the state was impressive in spite the few infractions.

Anyanwu commended marketers in Anambra for adhering to the approved price range of N143 to N145, saying that they have shown high level of willingness to play by the rules.

“We have been on surveillance activities in Anambra, it is an ongoing process.

“I want to say that the compliance level in the state is generally high and it is not different here in Awka.

“There were few cases of infraction like under-dispensing, which was why we sealed three stations today and placed out-of-use order on 30 pumps in some of the filling stations visited.

“On the average, I must say it is cheering to say that over 85 per cent of filling stations we visited since our routine surveillance started are dispensing accurately.

“There was no case of over pricing, the range is consistently between N143 and N145 and that is quite encouraging,” he said.

Anyanwu expressed concern over the attitude of some marketers toward observing basic safety tips such as having functional fire extinguishers and sand buckets.

He urged customers in the state to feel free to buy products from any filling station of their choice, saying that DPR would sustain effort to ensure that there were no cheat in the system within the state.

“We observe that compliance in terms of sand buckets and fire extinguisher is not too encouraging, may be out of ignorance; so, we are also using this surveillance to create awareness in those areas.

“DPR has come to stay in Anambra to maintain sanity in the system, and I want to tell the marketers to keep up their willingness to comply.

Speaking to newsmen, Mr Anthony Ijomah, a Supervisor at Fesoil Filling Station, Awka, whose pumps passed the gauge tests, said marketers could still make legitimate profit without shortchanging unsuspecting customer.

Ijomah, who claimed he maintained his machines regularly, said the economy was harsh and that there was no need to place additional burden on the people.

Also, Mr Emeka Orjiakor, a Customer, said he appreciated DPR for establishing an office in Anambra, adding that it would further enhance best practices among marketers in the state.

Orjiakor said that punishment for under dispensing should be more stringent to discourage marketers from indulging in such sharp practices.

https://www.akelicious.net/dpr-seals-3-stations-places-30-pumps-on-out-of-use-in-anambra/

Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by cometozizo(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
First to comment ...
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Pawon23: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by lekkan(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Wawu
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Dagger111(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Heyah... FCT missed, be like say i will change my network provider. sad
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
There were few cases of infraction like under-dispensing, which was why we sealed three stations today and placed out-of-us
Very good move by DPR.
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by stinggy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
DPR and infractions. Literage is the sole responsibility of Weights and Measures department of FMITI, not theirs!
And once the dealers "settle" them now, nothing would be heard of the case.

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by stevio(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nice move
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Yusfunoble(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nice one

In another news; Nigerians should stop burning and looting shoprite, MTN etc. If you want South Africans – dem plenty for synagogue.

3 Likes

Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Sunofgod(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nice work...
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by foolbuster: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
The light of the nation.

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by boldking(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
i need my share buhari.....share the country make i take my share because i get things to buy
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Very irresponsible post, it sounds at incitement to violence .
Yusfunoble:
Nice one

In another news; Nigerians should stop burning and looting shoprite, MTN etc. If you want South Africans – dem plenty for synagogue.
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by SocialFinance: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
SE the most corrupt region in Nigeria, all na hustle

Watch as they will start insulting DPR official.

Corruption and criminality is in their DNA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Yusfunoble(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
GenBuhari:
Very irresponsible post, it sounds at incitement to violence .

Keep kwayet, you’re more irresponsible than your moniker. Were you in coma when Nigerians been killed in SA?
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by justtoodark: 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
i rememeber how it was before buhari....everybody was just makin up their own pump prices upandan....

in south east petrol nearly costed 400naira....

do you people even still remember that....??

crazy....
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by BULLIONVAN4(m): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
justtoodark:
i rememeber how it was before buhari....everybody was just makin up their own pump prices upandan....

in south east petrol nearly costed 400naira....

do you people even still remember that....??

crazy....
Yes. in Lagos was almost 800naira per litre, hope you still remember that....??
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by justtoodark: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
Yes. in Lagos was almost 800naira per litre, hope you still remember that....??

even sef....

that was much more than in western nations sef....
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by justtoodark: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
make una say what una like about buhari,but he is much better than jonathan....

a bit too passive for my likins sef....

when did we hear last militants bombin pipelines sef.....??

its like they never existed....the only person still makin noise in delta is dokubo....

another is just a trouble maker called omo agege....or else nothing new....
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by GGirll: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
SocialFinance:
SE the most corrupt region in Nigeria, all na hustle

Watch as they will start insulting DPR official.

Corruption and criminality is in their DNA

Pls not now no one wants tribalism here when crime is committed let the culprit face d consequences......we are still trying to checkmate SA abeg oga!!
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Pawon23:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeWbxcEpvW8

Why don't you cover their faces, if you do this to me I go chuk you knife
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by amunkita(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
Why did they not visit Ifenna station nd the other opposite it @ ziks avenue, close to prisons.. What they sell to me as 25litres is usually half of my 25litres gallon...
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by kuuljay(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
[right][/right]wailers are yet to blame buhari for this,
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by ESSOHEngineers: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
stinggy:
DPR and infractions. Literage is the sole responsibility of Weights and Measures department of FMITI, not theirs!
And once the dealers "settle" them now, nothing would be heard of the case.

People should kindly avail themselves of the Petroleum Act and the numerous subsequent regulations emanating therefrom.

If any other Agency feels its responsibility is being hijacked, there are proper avenues to address this. If there are no avenues then the problem must be proactively solved by the current Government. Weights and Measures have also been accused of taking bribes and doing nothing. As a matter of fact they are hardly equipped for their roles. With respect to accusations, even the vice president has been accused of taking bribes.

The public must also note that such stations which are sealed are fined, told to return to normal operations and their facilities reopened. This is part of DPRs Standard Operating Procedures. If they are shut forever and scarcity happens people will call DPR or any other agency irresponsible. So when we see sealed stations reopened we should not all assume DPR Staff have taken bribes and reopened them. A lot of facilities are repeat offenders.

The multi regulation in the Oil and Gas industry only adds to stress and strain of doing business in Nigeria. This has led to a great loss of FDI. On Health, Safety and Environmental matters alone you have over 4 regulators. On Pricing and Haulage/Ulllage there are more.
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by ceejay675(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
I doubt this news... Which filling stations were sealed? Where in Awka?
Re: DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra by themanderon: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2019
ESSOHEngineers:

People should kindly avail themselves of the Petroleum Act and the numerous subsequent regulations emanating therefrom.

If any other Agency feels its responsibility is being hijacked, there are proper avenues to address this. If there are no avenues then the problem must be proactively solved by the current Government. Weights and Measures have also been accused of taking bribes and doing nothing. As a matter of fact they are hardly equipped for their roles. With respect to accusations, even the vice president has been accused of taking bribes.

The public must also note that such stations which are sealed are fined, told to return to normal operations and their facilities reopened. This is part of DPRs Standard Operating Procedures. If they are shut forever and scarcity happens people will call DPR or any other agency irresponsible. So when we see sealed stations reopened we should not all assume DPR Staff have taken bribes and reopened them. A lot of facilities are repeat offenders.

The multi regulation in the Oil and Gas industry only adds to stress and strain of doing business in Nigeria. This has led to a great loss of FDI. On Health, Safety and Environmental matters alone you have over 4 regulators. On Pricing and Haulage/Ulllage there are more.

In fact the whole situation is so confusing. You find several agencies of government duplicating the same functions and milking the operators dry.
I remember when I was managing a station we were buying fuel from the depots at the rate of 115 naira and selling at the stations for 125naira whereby the official price was supposed to be 97 naira. Dpr came and stopped our sales but the station nearby was selling at the same price but they left them because they have been settled.
How do you want me to sell something I bought at 115naira for 97naira? Yet we have are supposed to have dpr agents at the depots and wharfs monitoring things. At times I am tempted to think our nation is irredeemable.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: House Of Reps Suspends Plenary, Adjourns To April 5 / Atiku Bagudu Chairs 61-Member Ekiti State APC Governorship Campaign Council / Jonathan Is Clean, Honest – Wikileaks Quotes El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.