Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? (1024 Views)

Is Mac Pro 2012 Still Relevant For Programming In 2022? / Free HTML5, CSS3 And Basic Javascript (jquery) Training / Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by Johnmattee(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
I've learnt html, css, Js but I'm in doubt whether I should learn jQuery first then bootstrap and react. Experienced developers in the house, help a nigger out.
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by afonja112: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
I broke my oath of silence. Yes it is relevant, bootstrap uses jQuery.
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by Johnmattee(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
The reason is we have react which is also library far better than jQuery and the emergence of new dependencies like reactstrap, react-bootstrap and semantic UI designed to work with React ruling out jQuery. That was my confusion.
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by afonja112: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is the mistake that a lot of developers make. I see many people stop coding PHP, and go to NODE.JS because it is more powerful.
And when PHP jobs come, they fumble and wumble. Learn whichever one you like.

So when you see threads like php is dead, jquery is dead e.t.c I dont bother myself with stuffs like that.

I care to earn $$$, and PHP/jQuery/Bootstrap does it for me. I dont care about which language is stronger.

Some people will tell you that martial arts is useless because there are guns. Can you use guns everytime? No.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by Johnmattee(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yea, I agree but the rate at which frontend programming is moving eehn, omo na die. Just gotta keep up with the latest tech. But nevertheless some languages are here to stay.
Thanks
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by dudebuck: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
afonja112:
This is the mistake that a lot of developers make. I see many people stop coding PHP, and go to NODE.JS because it is more powerful.
And when PHP jobs come, they fumble and wumble. Learn whichever one you like.

So when you see threads like php is dead, jquery is dead e.t.c I dont bother myself with stuffs like that.

I care to earn $$$, and PHP/jQuery/Bootstrap does it for me. I dont care about which language is stronger.

Some people will tell you that martial arts is useless because there are guns. Can you use guns everytime? No.
PHP is not dead but that is where it is going. I only use bootstrap for layout and responsiveness when my flexbox skills are not adequate, and it is rare
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by dudebuck: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Use your time to learn vanilla JS and CSS, jquery has almost outlived its usefulness, even if you must learn it, don't waste much time on it. I lnsted make yourself better at Vanilla JS, I stopped worrying myself about jquery when I got into DOM manipulation, that is where I decided to leave jquery, ie you can't do something like document.createElement('h1') in jquery, of course there is a work around but not efficient.
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
Even those who haven't launch even a 1+1 calculator on the web other than their local host will come to give opinion.
grin grin
Mr makevele WhatsApp.
I'm back for your azzz
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by afonja112: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
dudebuck:
PHP is not dead but that is where it is going. I only use bootstrap for layout and responsiveness when my flexbox skills are not adequate, and it is rare
Wait for it to die first now, abi na you wan kill am ni?
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by dudebuck: 3:56am On Sep 06, 2019
afonja112:

Wait for it to die first now, abi na you wan kill am ni?
PHP is going the way of RoR, it is only Wordpreess that is sustaining PHP, keep up with the time bro
Re: Is Jquery Still Relevant In 2019?? by dudebuck: 3:56am On Sep 06, 2019
realKosiEric:

Don't say what you don't know
yes Mr ITK

(1) (Reply)

I Need Resources For Codeigniter, I'm Currently Stucked / Simple Web App For University Students. / Giving Up On Front End Development - 2024 Is Not Smiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.