Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers (301 Views)

Optometry Vs Ophthalmology / Did You Know: Ophthamology Vs Optometry / Optometry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2019
Is it true that an optometry lecturer with a doctor of optometry degree (O.D) as a first degree is appointed to lecturer 2 cadre without a master's degree? Is it also true that an optometry lecturer only needs fellowship in optometry to become a professor like medical and dental consultants? If not true, what's the starting cadre for optometry lecturers with O.D. as first degree? What's also the highest qualification an optometry lecturer must have in the Nigerian university system before he or she can become a professor. I know that medical doctors and dentists only need to be consultants to be appointed to lecturer 1 and from that cadre, they'll rise through publications to become professors without Ph.D, and it's not peculiar to Nigeria. But I've never heard that an optometry lecturer becomes a professor with only a fellowship in optometry. I need to be enlightened on this.
Re: Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by pegix(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Optometry is a doctoral degree (just like med and dent (nd tge newly introduced pharm.D and PTare doctoral""wink
Yes, as a fresh lecturer they will be able to work as lectuerer2 without phd. Bt will.not be able to progress in their field without master's and subsequently phD
Even if he/she has served for 20yrs

I haven't heard of consultant in optometry b4
Where do u get that from?
They need their phD to move on to lecturer1 after a decade years experience in full.time teaching in a uni
After a series of publications and consideration they could be professors

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Coconut Oil To Grow Your Hair For Ladies And Beards For Guys. / Be Wise! Get A Heath Insurance Plan Today!! / My Medical Friends: Why Are We Having So Many Cancer Cases Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.